Section F, Number 5

Well, Durga broke rules before he was a captain and then once he was captain, all he did was act like a hardass, cussed at civilians because they kidnapped him and hurt his ego and then of course was the lovely VDMing he did with his ghosthawk.  He never got removed.  I don't know enough about the current captains to actually have an opinion, every run in i've had has been good.

As for Edge.  Just...lol, if the stories I was hearing are true then he's sad.

Jessie Slaughter likes this
14 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Indeed he is, but being as he is a LT and an admin he has seen first hand what happens to people who speak publicly in the past. I have nothing against him at all, I love Bud tbh. I could have worded what I said much better, I apologize for that.  

Well, most people who speak out publicy just type a bunch of random butt hurt crap because they didnt get promoted. If you were to type something seriousely instead shit posting no harm will come of it. Hell if you are worried about how it will affact you, you(or any other apd member that wont to be anynomous) can just message me about their issues and I can take it up with the captains, and I wont tell the captains who said it.

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Well, Durga broke rules before he was a captain and then once he was captain, all he did was act like a hardass, cussed at civilians because they kidnapped him and hurt his ego and then of course was the lovely VDMing he did with his ghosthawk.  He never got removed.  I don't know enough about the current captains to actually have an opinion, every run in i've had has been good.

As for Edge.  Just...lol, if the stories I was hearing are true then he's sad.

Because it was an accident, he didnt see the player he crashed into and then contacted the person, apologised and tried to compensate him. We dont ban people for accidents, specially not when they try to correct it.

And someone said something about captain removal. There have been captains in the past removed for various reason, but for the admin team to remove a captain, bamf approval or whatever needs to be given.

Now, as hotwings said, I'm not in the LT or SGT chats because its so much spam(specially sgt chat) that I dont care about, but I have been in those chats for a long time, and from history of being in those channels, people dont take stuff up correctly, just all caps, with some emoticon at the end, and then next guy say kappa, but I would assume that there have not been a legit attempt to fix the issues and the apropriate manner. If you are too afraid to lose your rank(which would suck), message me, Il jump in and try and help out the issues. I'm here to help, not to just give out comps :P

Vash, Eli, Olivia and 1 other like this
21 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Hello there,

I must remind people that this post is meant to deal with the current captains. Making lots of posts/replies about possible new candidates (be they actually decent, your friend or your worst enemy) is something that I think should happen after or in another post. ;)

Baby steps, as they say.

Kind regards,
DJScias

As much as I love you trying to keep this on topic, people need to know there are other options out there. This is a discussion about replacing Captain/s. How can you vote without knowing what options you have. 

3 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Because it was an accident, he didnt see the player he crashed into and then contacted the person, apologised and tried to compensate him. We dont ban people for accidents, specially not when they try to correct it.

Durga fucked up way more than just "accidentally" VDMing one guy, you can't deny that. Guy had Speed so far up his asshole they were almost the same person. Personally would take any of these captains over that combo.

3 hours ago, Budbringer said:

And someone said something about captain removal. There have been captains in the past removed for various reason, but for the admin team to remove a captain, bamf approval or whatever needs to be given.

This is about the LTs voting for and removing them, but what others were saying is before there was admin/captain synergy which is now gone.

Vash and Sheriff Rick Grimes like this

On a side note, Dont you think if you publically stated a decent opinion, that wasn't a troll post, and you got your rank removed - It would prove your point , probably get X or Y person removed, and you would get your rank back? Lets be honest, Ive been a cadet like 5 times, you get it removed because you say some shit you shouldnt have said most of the time, and for those who said the right shit and got removed - here is probably the SAFEST place for you to say the things you gotta say.

29 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

I was wondering what would happen when bamf and co decided to give all this power to a bunch of randoms. Great entertainment!

PS. I miss Durga. Only captain I ever feared ingame

Durga and I didn't get a long very well, well because I kidnapped him and threatened his teddy bear, but he was a good captain, and most of the time very good in game and with people. As much as I am happy he's not around (because he hates me) the standards have dropped very low without people like him, Nighteyes, and Bamf around. 

Edited by Jessie Slaughter
Olivia and rngr like this

"Hitler ruled Germany autocratically by asserting the Führerprinzip (leader principle), which called for absolute obedience of all subordinates. He viewed the government structure as a pyramid, with himself—the infallible leader—at the apex. Rank in the party was not determined by elections; positions were filled through appointment by those of higher rank."

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Edited by Hiraku

Honestly I'm going through here and reading most of these posts and thinking to myself some of these have a good point to them, even though the people making the posts have been some of the most toxic/controversial people here int he community and for the most people even here posting is from FSA or hangs in the FSA teamspeak. I get it y'all are pissed because of the people we left in charge when we left but this is honestly so far 1 group of people upset because their friends got removed from their ranks or the APD as a whole. We have something we can do to address it that is not to the extreme of asking for a the APD to have a fight within themselves to remove a captain/s because honestly 99% of you have no idea what captain actually means you have to do, its not a place to make the community like you in the least bit. Anyways something will be done

Vanilla, Olivia, Nighteyes and 2 others like this
2 minutes ago, Trilligy said:

Honestly I'm going through here and reading most of these posts and thinking to myself some of these have a good point to them, even though the people making the posts have been some of the most toxic/controversial people here int he community and for the most people even here posting is from FSA or hangs in the FSA teamspeak. I get it y'all are pissed because of the people we left in charge when we left but this is honestly so far 1 group of people upset because their friends got removed from their ranks or the APD as a whole. We have something we can do to address it that is not to the extreme of asking for a the APD to have a fight within themselves to remove a captain/s because honestly 99% of you have no idea what captain actually means you have to do, its not a place to make the community like you in the least bit. Anyways something will be done

That's what I'm saying ! Ed. is in my opinion the greatest captain to ever bless the APD. He's such a great guy making sure everyone is as happy as they can possibly be and the amount of time he devotes to being a captain is amazing. 

Ibraheem likes this

The problem with the APD flat out from what I can see is Ed.  Ed has threatened to remove ALL the Sgts because his corporal promotion process was overly complicated and required too much work and  I stood up against it.  I got backing from multiple other people after taking my stand and things all went downhill from there. Ed proved to be extremely immature, proved he cannot take any criticism, and proved to me and many others that he does not deserve to be a captain.  Instead of talking about the issues we had with us, he basically threw a hissy fit, threw out the system and created a new one on the spot that was 100% worse.  Trying to talk to him just made it worse, instead of having an adult conversation and talking about the issues he just told us that we didn’t like his process so he will force this one on us and oh well. If you quit that just gives me more promotion opportunities.  We asked what the other captains would think and his response was “how dare you question me”.  Talking with people who have tried to talk to him it’s very clear to me that he is nothing but a bully and he is very vocal that because he is a captain he can do as he pleases and there are no repercussions for his actions. 

Edited by HotWings
explicit, KevinOB and blinky like this
2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

The problem with the APD flat out from what I can see is Ed.  Ed has threatened to remove ALL the Sgts because his corporal promotion process was overly complicated and required too much work and  I stood up against it.  I got backing from multiple other people after taking my stand and things all went downhill from there. Ed proved to be extremely immature, proved he cannot take any criticism, and proved to me and many others that he does not deserve to be a captain.  Instead of talking about the issues he had with us, he basically threw a hissy fit, threw out the system and created a new one on the spot that was 100% times worse.  Trying to talk to him just made it worse, instead of having an adult conversation and talking about the issues he just told us that we didn’t like his process so he will force this one on us and oh well. If you quit that just gives me more promotion opportunities.  We asked what the other captains would think and his response was “how dare you question me”.  Talking with people who have tried to talk to him it’s very clear to me that he is nothing but a bully and he is very vocal that because he is a captain he can do as he pleases and there are no repercussions for his actions. 

Normally hotwings, we dont see eye to eye. But this time I completely agree. If what you said is true (And ive had it backed up by some higherups I know) then its honestly despicable and it needs to be sorted out. If it continues nothing short of removing Ed will suffice.

Going start with.. 

Its not as easy as you guys make it sound. There are some other factors in place other than just our rank. We have confronted the captains in the past about decisions which we didn't agree with and slowly they have been trying to correct it and learn from experience. I do not agree with most stuff they do or say, I gave my opinion out like we did in it in the old ways where we could voice our opinions no matter how harsh they would be and the captains would hear our opinions without costing us our rank but now its different, with the amount of iffy stuff that has happen which people are getting demoted for, I might say very stupid reasons is kinda hard for us to voice out what worries us the most. Also, most of us don't say or voice anything because we have a confidentiality we have to respect as higher-ups. When I say most of us I mean mostly LTS/SGTS just clearing that part out.

Now, going straight to the point on what I want to say. Since these new captains stepped in, US Lts as the higher ranking officers on the APD "the leaders of the apd" (which feels less and less everyday) we have been going through a mayor change were we weren't heard and it took us a couple of arguments to fix that issue, we have been kicked out our senior police chambers or demoted without giving us reasons or able to argue the situation. And this is just an example how we have been treated. So obviously people are afraid of this "new system" where apparently a captain has no limitations on what he can do within the APD. To me this "no limitation" is a big problem as to gives green light to power trip without consequences and this has to stop. At the end of the day I know they are trying to do their best but seems that these guys are bit misguided and don't take a second to argue the fact if this is going to look bad on the APD or on yourself. Just because 2 other people agree with your decision doesn't make it right for the rest of us.

*Editted the first part it wasnt making sense lol*

Gatorade, rngr, Slittcer and 8 others like this
14 minutes ago, Trilligy said:

Love you to death Trilligy Forgot to mention you btw, you were an awesome Captain, but things definitely aren't the same without you around as well. 

In your statement toxic and controversial are two different things, each meaning and implying something completely different. 

And being a Captain means setting an example, being a good leader, and teaching your people to take your place some day. They CHOOSE to take the position, they should be fit for it, and ready to take on the responsibilities as well as being a good leader.  IF I work extra hard IRL because I choose to take a better job, it doesn't give me the right to be a bitch to the rest of the world, just because I choose the extra work.  That's just being an asshole thinking I'm so much better than everyone else. And your statement above has proven just that. Not calling you an asshole but the mentality of the comment. 

But....we really need to stop blaming gangs. it's always "a gangs" fault when things go awry. The reason most of the people posting right now are from FSA is because that's where this originated from, of course it's going to be mainly them.

Larry and Sheriff Rick Grimes like this
17 minutes ago, Revenge X said:

Going start with.. 

Its not as easy as you guys make it sound. There are some other factors in place other than just our rank. We have confronted the captains in the past about decisions which we didn't agree with and slowly they have been trying to correct it and learn from experience. I do not agree with most stuff they do or say, I gave my opinion out like we did in it in the old ways where we could voice our opinions no matter how harsh they would be and the captains would hear our opinions without costing us our rank. Now its different, with the amount of iffy stuff that has happen which people are getting demoted for, I might say very stupid reasons. Also, most of us don't say or voice anything because we have a confidentiality we have to respect as higher-ups. When I say most of us I mean mostly LTS/SGTS just clearing that part out.

Now, going straight to the point on what I want to say. Since these new captains stepped in, US Lts as the higher ranking officers on the APD "the leaders of the apd" (which feels less and less everyday) we have been going through a mayor change were we weren't heard and it took us a couple of arguments to fix that issue, we have been kicked out our senior police chambers or demoted without giving us reasons or able to argue the situation. And this is just an example how we have been treated. So obviously people are afraid of this "new system" where apparently a captain has no limitations on what he can do within the APD. To me this "no limitation" is a big problem as to gives green light to power trip without consequences and this has to stop. At the end of the day I know they are trying to do their best but seems that these guys are bit misguided and don't take a second to argue the fact if this is going to look bad on the APD or on yourself. Just because 2 other people agree with your decision doesn't make it right for the rest of us.

Basically sums everything up. To those thinking everything is fine and dandy, all you see is the cover of the book. As stated multiple times, there's a lot more stuff that goes on behind the scenes, shit even stuff that Sergeants and new LT's don't see.

Edited by Slittcer
Vanilla, rngr and Quattro like this
2 hours ago, Jessie Slaughter said:

Don't be afraid to talk here. Who cares this is a video game, if no one speaks how in the fuck can our community improve? If u don't say what the problem is then it will never go away.

If you choose to sit in silence and allow good people to get blacklisted, removed, demoted for shit reasons or no reasons at all, or the best one yet.....I'm the captain I can do what I want then be one of the ones that don't make a difference and stfu. 

I'm tired of seeing good people like Christian ll, or ranger, bloodhound, Larry and all the others get shit on for no reason. Stop having epeen sticks up ur asses. Ur egos are annoying can't you see people are not happy? 

you cant speak your mind on asylum. its been like that for too long..the bullshit censorship came along with the 2nd wave of admins and just got worse and worse.... Asylum has gone from one of the best gaming communities that had the friendliest admins (minus cyberwasp, fuck that guy) to a cesspool of neckbearded drunkard admins who take this shit way too seriously.

now watch me get points/ban for speaking my mind instead of bitching, when admins just encouraged it...

Steve likes this
4 minutes ago, Tiefman said:

you cant speak your mind on asylum. its been like that for too long..the bullshit censorship came along with the 2nd wave of admins and just got worse and worse.... Asylum has gone from one of the best gaming communities that had the friendliest admins (minus cyberwasp, fuck that guy) to a cesspool of neckbearded drunkard admins who take this shit way too seriously.

now watch me get points/ban for speaking my mind instead of bitching, when admins just encouraged it...

I havent got points yet for comparing the APD dictatorship to nazi germany so i think we're good.

Teddy_ likes this
2 minutes ago, Tiefman said:

When you turn you text into a blatant bitch fit, of course you will get censored.

Regardless, back on topic. I agree with majority of complaints in this topic and others not even mentioned. Promos are a popularity contest and speaking your mind and pushing against the grain usually results in the end of your career, which is bull in its own. I'd cast a VoNC on the current regime.

Robbo, rngr and Jason like this

Had to make an account to say, HA GOTTUM

On a serious note, people covering for bad bluefor players, or just being shitty cops has been horrible since we went past 2 80 slot severs. Lot of higher ups i consider good friends i made here but there seem to be a lot who are just looking to abuse the position for w/e reason and use it as an outlet for there issues with other players. This is not fine. I was a Sr.Const (renames corp now?) for a few months and the way others acted and higher ups covering for them is what ruined it for me and sadly it goes all the way to the top.

I still have enough for a few rebel loadouts, maybe i should spend a day this weekend going full serpico :^)

#BILAL4CAPT

Edited by PutYaInaBodybag

This sorta reminds me when pain was chief of police and he held a community wide apd and rebel discussion but only me and three other people showed up. People want to see change but don't really want do anything themselves because they fear their public view or reputation will be tarnished. Either that or they're too lazy to be the change they want to see

Olivia likes this
Just now, CyanogenCX said:

This sorta reminds me when pain was chief of police and he held a community wide apd and rebel discussion but only me and three other people showed up. People want to see change but don't really want do anything themselves because they fear their public view or reputation will be tarnished. Either that or they're too lazy to be the change they want to see

I'm not a cop.

I shit on cops.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the APD. But I can still see there needs to be a new system implemented. 

Bilal Battu and MrSmoke like this