Change log 6.8.5

bamf

• Updated the Altis map to the new Eden editor.
  • The oil rig has been redone in the new editor and now has a helicopter garage.
  • The prison no longer has "crack" (it also had one other exploitable area closed off).
  • Changes to the Athira rebel base:  most buildings may now be destroyed, the main building has been lowered to lessen the chance of an exploit, and some structures have been moved slightly.
  • A bug related to selling houses has been fixed.
  • You will now gain more war ranking when killing an enemy with significantly more rating than you.  Likewise, they will lose more points being killed by someone much lower.
  • Custom difficulty settings have been applied to the server, but may still need a little tweaking.
  • In addition, the website had the war rankings section added last Friday.  

The patch should go live in an hour or so.  

Hotfix 1:

• Commanding mode should finally be gone.
  • Lowered the height of the oil rig to allow the ladders to be more accessible.
  • Changed two prop items on the oil rig that spawned weapons unintentionally (thanks Bohemia).
asiuxjau, Iced, Olivia and 16 others like this
Just now, ThePun1shed said:

What does the Eden editor do?

The Eden editor is simply their new "3d" editor.  They claim they will retire the legacy editor (2d) when the expansion comes out, so we needed to get ahead of the curve and get the map migrated over.  

From a less technical standpoint, it allows me to make changes to the map much, much faster than in the standard editor.  

Roberino, Sergio and Furnie Mack like this
Just now, bamf said:

The Eden editor is simply their new "3d" editor.  They claim they will retire the legacy editor (2d) when the expansion comes out, so we needed to get ahead of the curve and get the map migrated over.  

From a less technical standpoint, it allows me to make changes to the map much, much faster than in the standard editor.  

Such as giant red boxes over islands :)

1 minute ago, HotWings said:

Such as giant red boxes over islands :)

Incidentally, I hated the way that looked so I'm going to find another solution for showing that area as a free-fire zone.  Hopefully we will roll that out at the end of the week once I can look at it a touch more.  

Danne likes this
13 minutes ago, bamf said:

Incidentally, I hated the way that looked so I'm going to find another solution for showing that area as a free-fire zone.  Hopefully we will roll that out at the end of the week once I can look at it a touch more.  

Just stick a line at the entrance to the island.

1 minute ago, Olivia said:

Awesome to see patch notes from you Bamf  : D  Let's just hope that: # bugs in > # bugs out

Paratus fixed most of the bugs here.  I spent a lot of time on the map piece (re-doing that oil rig was a huge time sink).  So I don't think I screwed up anything big... ;)

Sergio and Olivia like this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

• Updated the Altis map to the new Eden editor.
  • The oil rig has been redone in the new editor and now has a helicopter garage.
  • The prison no longer has "crack" (it also had one other exploitable area closed off).
  • Changes to the Athira rebel base:  most buildings may now be destroyed, the main building has been lowered to lessen the chance of an exploit, and some structures have been moved slightly.
  • A bug related to selling houses has been fixed.
  • You will now gain more war ranking when killing an enemy with significantly more rating than you.  Likewise, they will lose more points being killed by someone much lower.
  • Custom difficulty settings have been applied to the server, but may still need a little tweaking.
  • In addition, the website had the war rankings section added last Friday.  

The patch should go live in an hour or so.  

With Bamf posting patch notes and being interactive with the community i would love to propose an important change that would save alot of trouble, also for the community staff itself. As Gnashes posted everyone of the staff also seems to be in favor and has been requested endlessly. Why not give us feedback about this or implement it when possible?

49 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm going to have to roll this out later today.  Real life caught up with me timing wise this AM (can you believe my normal job wants me to actually work in order for me to get paid?).  

@Scott RE the house fix bug - yes, that's the one that is getting fixed today.  

Employers what can ya do. xD