Missed the meeting but here are my Suggestions...

Leroy Jenkins

1. Remove Indica/Sativa seeds altogether or at a minimum, reduce income drastically to get more players out of the cities and back into a normal pattern of money making;

2. If the server has been so low in population lately, please consider decreasing the response times on Player Reports, i.e. live bans. This has a lasting effect on players and in no time at all with this practice, players will start comping to prevent a timely ban interrupting their fun. If Mods and Admins feel there are too many reports, this is an easy fix as more players will start comping, thus less reports to handle;

3. APD, I don’t know, it’s so far gone now from what it was a few years ago. If put in charge of the problem, I would have to go with a top-down approach of ridiculously severe enforcement of all APD policies to get all levels of cops back to the way things were. Slotting up as a cop used to not be a money-making scam but a real RP opportunity to set a professional but fun tone on the island. All I can say is good luck trying to get that one under control. Many would agree the APD has done more to drive players off the island than any other force in the server. The inability to admit this fact suggests you’re part of the problem. Also, removing inactive APD players from playing cop with no warning was a poor decision; we lost many good cops in that lame move;

4. Realign the damage from RPG’s to its original, un-nerfed value. They’re expensive as hell and barely work. Their senseless at the moment.

5. Final note, Developers deserve a huge Thank You for all the new content. We sometimes have players rejoin after a few years and only then do you realize how many new activities there are on the island when they start voicing their questions about all the new locations, Fed Events and red zones, etc.

heater, GravL, NewYork718 and 1 other like this
5 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

1. Remove Indica/Sativa seeds altogether or at a minimum, reduce income drastically to get more players out of the cities and back into a normal pattern of money making;

2. If the server has been so low in population lately, please consider decreasing the response times on Player Reports, i.e. live bans. This has a lasting effect on players and in no time at all with this practice, players will start comping to prevent a timely ban interrupting their fun. If Mods and Admins feel there are too many reports, this is an easy fix as more players will start comping, thus less reports to handle;

3. APD, I don’t know, it’s so far gone now from what it was a few years ago. If put in charge of the problem, I would have to go with a top-down approach of ridiculously severe enforcement of all APD policies to get all levels of cops back to the way things were. Slotting up as a cop used to not be a money-making scam but a real RP opportunity to set a professional but fun tone on the island. All I can say is good luck trying to get that one under control. Many would agree the APD has done more to drive players off the island than any other force in the server. The inability to admit this fact suggests you’re part of the problem. Also, removing inactive APD players from playing cop with no warning was a poor decision; we lost many good cops in that lame move;

4. Realign the damage from RPG’s to its original, un-nerfed value. They’re expensive as hell and barely work. Their They're senseless at the moment.

5. Final note, Developers deserve a huge Thank You for all the new content. We sometimes have players rejoin after a few years and only then do you realize how many new activities there are on the island when they start voicing their questions about all the new locations, Fed Events and red zones, etc.

Fixed it. Now it's good to go

55 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

It's not just a case of decreasing response times on reports. As is always reminded, the admins are volunteers. They won't/shouldn't be bound to SLAs given that they do it off their own backs.

However... Olympus has the right idea with their dispute system, and I don't see how that wouldn't benefit Asylum. As the guidelines for reports say, a dispute should always try to be resolved between players before it reaches a report. So why not implement an in-game dispute system that enables that, and would likely reduce player reports by a considerable percentage.

So, +1 to the comp before report part.

55 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

Man, good luck fixing it. Unfortunately, putting players into positions of power is always gonna result in... this. Senior ranks have always, and will always, get away with absolute murder. Everybody else though? 😶

But slotting up as a cop has always been a money-maker. I got whitelisted to cop in 2014, and it was a money-maker back then and still is now. Difference is, the whole server has gone from light RP to no RP, and APD is no different.

And yeah, removing inactive cops from whitelist was a rough one. Especially because they don't exactly make it a smooth process to re-onboard former cops. That's something that needs to be considered, because we need the numbers. So why deny people that have the experience just because they don't have a high amount of V2 hours? 

Edited by Cre
Leroy Jenkins and TommyY like this
1 hour ago, Farmer Steve said:

Wipe the server !!!

As much as I hate to agree with him.....I was always against this. But honestly, the macro economics of the island have been broken with passive money making opportunities and its impossible to fix right now without a wipe. It went on for too long. There are too many players with enough money that they never have to grind again.

Its killed the contest on the server. The base of this server came here to troll, fight and rob. 

Deleting all but $100k in everyones account would cause everyone to get out and start grinding again.

ETA: Wiping it once will not work. Too many players know this game and how to be efficient. Half the server will have 5 mil in their account in a month. I think it needs to be wiped on a regular basis.

Edited by Hoodlum Priest
Wang Liqin, Cre, heater and 1 other like this
42 minutes ago, Hoodlum Priest said:

As much as I hate to agree with him.....I was always against this. But honestly, the macro economics of the island have been broken with passive money making opportunities and its impossible to fix right now without a wipe. It went on for too long. There are too many players with enough money that they never have to grind again.

Its killed the contest on the server. The base of this server came here to troll, fight and rob. 

Deleting all but $100k in everyones account would cause everyone to get out and start grinding again.

ETA: Wiping it once will not work. Too many players know this game and how to be efficient. Half the server will have 5 mil in their account in a month. I think it needs to be wiped on a regular basis.

Honestly i couldn’t agree more, even if we got rid of passive money all that will do is make it extremely hard for those newer players to have to make money consistently while everyone else sits comfortable with 30-100mil in their accounts 

Its not the APD, It’s not the toxicity, and it definitely won’t be the bigger gangs 

it’ll be the inability to make money as a new player that will deter them away from the server ultimately killing the server more then doing good 

one good example is tarkov a well known game, they have wipes every 6-9 months for many reasons and one being so newer players don’t run into a fully kitted giga chad with BP rounds being shot out his eyes

Edited by TheAceSavage
Leroy Jenkins likes this
On 8/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, Leroy Jenkins said:

4. Realign the damage from RPG’s to its original, un-nerfed value. They’re expensive as hell and barely work. Their senseless at the moment.

1.) See patch notes
2.) Pretty hard to make volunteers work any faster than they have been.
3.) This is the development section of the forums. Please take APD suggestions to the "APD suggestions". Or perhaps Senior admins? Idk i don't have any control over APD. 
4.) They were changed on player request as a full ifirit being one shot was deemed too strong. We have recently reduced the price though
5.) bless