Potential house hording fix as bad as it sounds.

Joel Marley

Make people have to play a set amount of hours a month to keep housing, AND/OR generate a set amount of new money by selling illegal or selling legal things to AI traders like drug dealer. That way I can not login for 30 seconds and log out for the rest of the month just so I don't lose a house location.

I am expecting alot of people to disagree with all this so they can keep there beloved house and log in once a month, but like all the different opinions It reminds me of how much I don't like avacado while mfkas put that bland shit on toast.

lukee likes this

I dig it. 10hrs a month or lose ur house. If you can't fit 10hrs of game time in a 720hr month. Your life is prob to busy for games and you should worry more about that. 

I get people have life's. Vacations. Ect. But at the end of the day it's a game and if your not playing and only hoarding your doing more harm then good.

Edited by Canna
Crossfade, heater and Sandwich like this

Need something more anti-afk, because I guess someone could just leave there computer on; therefor doing so all night 1 day right after a restart and accomplish the same thing as logging in for 30 seconds except it thankfully becomes more of an issue for the house hoarders.

In my opinion the solution "needs to be enough of an issue for people who are doing the hoarding to not want to do it"

Edited by Joel Marley

I might be way off what should be expected of players, but I think 5 houses = 10 hours playtime a month. 1 house 2 hours. However, for the people that have things come up in life (vacations, work, whatever) make it a 100k tax a month per house. Easy money sink for those not wanting to play (or unable) with tons of cash. Could be increased if seen fit. 

On 9/5/2022 at 1:11 AM, halfdrunkhero said:

I might be way off what should be expected of players, but I think 5 houses = 10 hours playtime a month. 1 house 2 hours. However, for the people that have things come up in life (vacations, work, whatever) make it a 100k tax a month per house. Easy money sink for those not wanting to play (or unable) with tons of cash. Could be increased if seen fit. 

So according to my calculations I could hoard my 2 30mil gang sheds for approximately another 7 years. cool!!!

王 rando 王 and Crossfade like this

We like the idea of having 2 hours per house. Meaning if you have 5 houses you need to play a minimum of 10 hours a month. Personally think this is a reasonable amount but the biggest concern with us comes down to someone getting grounded or leaving the country for vacation for a month and then not having their houses because they had to play 10 hours. We feel like this shouldn't be the case and are searching for a solution to this problem. If the community has any idea's feel free to pass it down

王 rando 王 and Sandwich like this
1 hour ago, ObiWoki said:

We like the idea of having 2 hours per house. Meaning if you have 5 houses you need to play a minimum of 10 hours a month. Personally think this is a reasonable amount but the biggest concern with us comes down to someone getting grounded or leaving the country for vacation for a month and then not having their houses because they had to play 10 hours. We feel like this shouldn't be the case and are searching for a solution to this problem. If the community has any idea's feel free to pass it down

Anyway a calendar could be pulled into myasylum? Then use that in place of a rolling 30 days? Then allow players to make an AR request, giving the admins more work but also allowing them to dictate and mediate the requests.

if the above is possible would something like. “1st of month check (last month playtime > 10 and ar = false) = inactivity”

with admins given the “switch” to allow the AR and with all ARs resetting on the 2nd to avoid issues.

3 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

Make it so that you could "pay rent a month in advance". If you know you're going to be out the next month, you could pay a fee (would need to be expensive) and avoid getting one of your houses taken away from you. 

This fee would be per house and increase depending on the number of houses you have.

5 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

I like the idea personally.  I could see the time requirements being a little too strict tho.  How long does the average player play and such?  The house hoarding sucks but so would houses being limited to only extremely active players

8 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

What if you make it a financial thing
Make it so at the end of the month you pay rent/tax based on the properties you own.
I think the problem with the last tax system was how often it was and the cost.
I think putting an end of the month tax could help in reducing people holding sheds as well.
Tax on each property type goes as follows
Shed: $100,000
3-crate: $75,000
2-crate/shop house: $50,000
1 crate: $25,000
Garage: $25,000
Prices can be adjusted accordingly.
If you cant pay those taxes at the end of the month you lose your houses on top of the log on once a month. It is a money sink and requires players to play after a while of being taxed. You can pay taxes at the Courthouse (or another location). If you buy a house within a certain month that one property you own is exempt from taxes for the first month. When people load in just have a timer to when server taxes are due.

Vash, heater, kingofcanada and 1 other like this
On 9/9/2022 at 8:27 AM, ObiWoki said:

allow people to put in AR just like the APD where the script doesnt target the player ID's on that list. couldnt be that hard to do

On 9/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, ObiWoki said:

Set up a CIV - LOA Request. If they care enough about the house, they'll take 2 min to fill one out.

Or maybe an additional 1 week timer attached to the time they were absent and add a penalty. such as having to pay 25% - 50% of the value of the home after the month is up.

People who go to buy will get a ETA each time they check it for a countdown to when they can buy it. creating urgency.

Edited by Canna
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:16 PM, Canna said:

Set up a CIV - LOA Request. If they care enough about the house, they'll take 2 min to fill one out.

Or maybe an additional 1 week timer attached to the time they were absent and add a penalty. such as having to pay 25% - 50% of the value of the home after the month is up.

People who go to buy will get a ETA each time they check it for a countdown to when they can buy it. creating urgency.

As much as this sounds like a good idea I don't see this as a valuable option as we want it to be completely automated to not overload our staff team with more tickets to handle and look through

• 5 weeks later...