Change Log 6.8.3

Paratus

On 11/04/2016 at 11:41 PM, Mr Smirnoff said:

Really good points one of the major things I did not understand is why only 1% of vehicles and guns were added. Whats the point of having mods if we dont utilize most of them. 

I did a write about this as well, so many guns are missing, so many helicopters are missing. 

Also original idea was to use only half the map to concentrate people in largely one area. When server was released to my surprise the whole map was utilized which just made the server a ghost town even with 120 people. But now with only 30 players average it feels like you are the only one playing. 

Server needs to go back to the original idea. Sydney was only fun first 3 days now you never see people there. Its dead, it feels dead. 

The problem I have is that S6 wasn't announced in a professional way. No Promotion, No Posts, nothing about it.

I even had a newbie friend ask where he can find out about more information on S6 on the Forums, but there was no where to lead him. S6 should be a big deal and the fact that there is no Pinned post by a Admin announcing the release of it, or anything of that nature is bad. If someone wants to learn more about S6 before playing, they have no where to look, no announcements, no posts, no dedicated section on the forums. Amount of messages I get from people from other communities asking about S6 but unfortunately I had no where to lead them to other then saying "go download and play it"

I'm not a big fan of S6, but the release of it was handled so poorly. It just kind of went online, nothing else, its as if, the staff team is not proud of it. S6 was a opportunity to bring in players from other communities, youtubers and streamers. Its a awesome concept, just rushed and handled very poorly. A fancy announcement page with some details and fancy artwork goes a long way, especially when bringing out something as big as this.

Server 6 should be a big thing considering Asylum is the only community to port its Altis Framework over to a Non Vanilla map without getting fucked over by Tonics Framework regulations. But unfortunately the server is dying because of some poor choices, when in reality it should be doing amazing for something of its kind.

Edited by Haych
Chau, blinky and Sergio like this
25 minutes ago, Haych said:

The problem I have is that S6 wasn't announced in a professional way. No Promotion, No Posts, nothing about it.

I even had a newbie friend ask where he can find out about more information on S6 on the Forums, but there was no where to lead him. S6 should be a big deal and the fact that there is no Pinned post by a Admin announcing the release of it, or anything of that nature is bad. If someone wants to learn more about S6 before playing, they have no where to look, no announcements, no posts, no dedicated section on the forums. Amount of messages I get from people from other communities asking about S6 but unfortunately I had no where to lead them to other then saying "go download and play it"

I'm not a big fan of S6, but the release of it was handled so poorly. It just kind of went online, nothing else, its as if, the staff team is not proud of it. S6 was a opportunity to bring in players from other communities, youtubers and streamers. Its a awesome concept, just rushed and handled very poorly. A fancy announcement page with some details and fancy artwork goes a long way, especially when bringing out something as big as this.

Server 6 should be a big thing considering Asylum is the only community to port its Altis Framework over to a Non Vanilla map without getting fucked over by Tonics Framework regulations. But unfortunately the server is dying because of some poor choices, when in reality it should be doing amazing for something of its kind.

Maybe it wasn't ever officially announced because its still in a somewhat Alpha phase. I also think its kind of strange there is nothing on the site about it unless you look at it as a "Work In Progress" That isn't ready for the general population. I don't know though only devs would know this. It just seems to me that they threw something together got it out to the established community to get feedback on it. For all we know they are completely revamping everything right now and trying to figure out pricing for most of the stuff. If you think about it there were a ton of assets added and you can't just throw them on the market all willie nillie until you can figure out what things should cost. This could just be wishful thinking but I am hoping they are hard at work trying to work out the kinks and work out pricing model for the market with all the new assets. I think Hubs post was spot on though, it would make the map less annoying if we could just pull a reasonably priced chopper and fly to where we want to go. At least throw in the planes that can land on water so you're not forced to land somewhere where there are people camping to rob you. I think S6 is a nice change though and I enjoy it. Maybe it would lend itself better to the new map Tonoa just for optimization reasons but with the right changes Australia could still be amazing.

3 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

I mean...coming from probably the worst admin Next to fanzer, who's bias was saddening since he never successfully played rebel life, I don't really find your comment Insulting. In fact I'm sorry you felt people actually liked you. Lying to yourself is a gateway to many negative things.

tumblr_nj9ufzMCpa1r0jkkko1_500.gif

On 4/11/2016 at 9:32 AM, bamf said:

Let's go back in time and look at the history of items on the ground on the Asylum servers:

1. Harken back to ye olden days, when items on the ground cleaned up with the cleanup script.  You had no idea when the cleanup script would hit, so anything on the ground was subject to be removed from the game magically at basically any time (it ran on a schedule, but I'm sure you had that perfectly in mind while being shot at).  Upon death, player's items would fall to a single pile on the ground and would clean up when the cleanup script ran.

2.  During the middle ages, players complained that items on the ground magically disappeared and they had no way of knowing when the cleanup script would run and take these pixels from them.  Almighty Paratus made it so that a player's items would not come off of them until they respawned.  The great camping of bodies ensued.  Eventually we were granted the ability to strip people of their pixels by "executing" them, but alas we were unable to do so in populated areas.  

3.  Fast forward to present day.  Both systems have been combined now, but with the addition of protection for our pixels to make it at least 5 minutes on the ground without being magically removed.  It's almost as if the defib timers and the items remaining on the ground are synced up in a way.  

Items drop, they persist for a full cleanup cycle, and then they despawn after 5 minutes.  If you can be revived, you can grab your items back, but you must move around a touch to do so now so that you can't sit behind a wall and grab all your things that dropped on the other side of the wall (leaving you potentially no risk to re-gather said items).  Items drop no more than 2 meters from your corpse now, so the complaints of having to run to the edges of the earth to gather your things back are a touch exaggerated.  

Does that explain it better?

Except instead of the cleanup script taking your stuff a building, rock, or Kavala troll eats it up instead.

Furnie Mack and Big Bird like this
9 minutes ago, STON3COLDK1LL3R said:

Thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Nah, who knows man. BI does all kinds of fun things.  Maybe the download includes invisible people again, those were fun times.

Edited by HotWings
6 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

I mean...coming from probably the worst admin Next to fanzer, who's bias was saddening since he never successfully played rebel life, I don't really find your comment Insulting. In fact I'm sorry you felt people actually liked you. Lying to yourself is a gateway to many negative things.

lol I feel sorry for you

Vash likes this
4 hours ago, STON3COLDK1LL3R said:

Perks of living in the middle of butt fuck no where in Canada. Worse internet than a 3rd world country. Gaskal has better internet than me ffs.

Of course a Saudi Arabian prince has better internet. It was CUP_weapons btw. You're probably almost done/fixed it.

On 4/12/2016 at 3:37 PM, Pentax said:

Honestly there might be an easier way, by simply force adding an invisible AI into every single group/gang group and forcing it to be group lead. That way it would completely remove the ability to access command targeting and command view camera. Downside of going this way, could add extra strain on server.

@Paratus @bamf

What if headless clients were hosted from another server so there would be literally no added strain to the altis servers?