Change log 6.9.0

bamf

7 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

A really cool feature would being able to unlock your house via your phone, not sure if possible, but would be super sick.

Unlock scripts are based on what you're looking at; and/or the nearest door to your player.

This likely won't be done because then anyone could go gear from anyone's house without the owner actually being present. Which creates less demand for home ownership; as well as an opportunity for more people to use a not-gang house, as a gang house.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Unlock scripts are based on what you're looking at; and/or the nearest door to your player.

This likely won't be done because then anyone could go gear from anyone's house without the owner actually being present. Which creates less demand for home ownership; as well as an opportunity for more people to use a not-gang house, as a gang house.

I see, the reason why I said this is because: a gang member of ours, owns the house at Wongs, and when we go AFK we like to sit inside the house, so if he could unlock via his phone from arms, and then re-lock it it'd be pretty sick, this is just an example i'm sure there are numerous reasons to exploit it, but also numerous reasons as to how/why this would be a cool feature, maybe in the future.

54 minutes ago, Poko said:

@bamfAlthough I don't really play, the patches you bring are literally what everyone has been asking for. You deserved the Dev spot from the beginning.

@KBW is doing most of the coding on these things, so don't give me all the credit.  He is a machine when it comes to hunting down these bugs...  

Vash and Olivia like this
16 minutes ago, bamf said:

@KBW is doing most of the coding on these things, so don't give me all the credit.  He is a machine when it comes to hunting down these bugs...  

The bugs are great too, but i was never one to complain about bugs. The content and listening to the people who are actually playing on the server is what i was referring to

5 minutes ago, Poko said:

The bugs are great too, but i was never one to complain about bugs. The content and listening to the people who are actually playing on the server is what i was referring to

Well thanks.  Hopefully you will like some of the new content we have in the pipeline too!

Windmere likes this

Just an update to where we are at the end of the week in terms of the mission file:  

Today we identified and fixed the bug related to items on the market not updating properly. When we do our next hotfix/patch, you should see a totally different mechanic around the pricing of items because a long standing issue has been fixed.  

Also, I wrote a new system today for patching servers going forward.  We will be automating them, and therefore able to give a touch more warning (10 minutes for now) for when we are doing server patches.  

The combination of the two things above should also make save vehicles much more reliable going forward - particularly at patch time.  I'm really excited to see this stuff in action since it's one of the number one complaints we get around patching (besides can it be 10 minutes instead of 5).  

Further, @KBW put some code in today to have undercover gear syncing going forward - as well as removing the names on map markers in group.  

I hope you are all enjoying the updates we are putting out now.  There are more good things in store for next week.  Hopefully we will get all the things above this into a patch or hotfix over the weekend.  

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

Just an update to where we are at the end of the week in terms of the mission file:  

Today we identified and fixed the bug related to items on the market not updating properly. When we do our next hotfix/patch, you should see a totally different mechanic around the pricing of items because a long standing issue has been fixed.  

Also, I wrote a new system today for patching servers going forward.  We will be automating them, and therefore able to give a touch more warning (10 minutes for now) for when we are doing server patches.  

The combination of the two things above should also make save vehicles much more reliable going forward - particularly at patch time.  I'm really excited to see this stuff in action since it's one of the number one complaints we get around patching (besides can it be 10 minutes instead of 5).  

Further, @KBW put some code in today to have undercover gear syncing going forward - as well as removing the names on map markers in group.  

I hope you are all enjoying the updates we are putting out now.  There are more good things in store for next week.  Hopefully we will get all the things above this into a patch or hotfix over the weekend.  

is it possible to make so your Y inventory syncs aswell when you are undercover?, so it doesnt get replaced with the standard undercover Y 

Patrick likes this
4 hours ago, Duffy49 said:

should remove this, takes up somuch space on the map, or make an option to disable it?

It's an anti-trolling measure. Group markers will be excluded.

On 5-5-2016 at 11:23 PM, Gnashes said:

All about availability.

If I know how to code; I'd totally be helping. Sadly, I'm not exactly the best.

Got no space for learning the code next to your 60-70 hours of work, administrative work on asylum, family/friends, watching anime and showering sometimes? Shame on you man

17 hours ago, bamf said:

Asshole, you make me regret my decision :(

Just now, bamf said:

Which decision was that?

To let myself be permed unreversably. The community i love so much is now blooming instead of dying off. Makes it harder to stay away. Obviously i did it to put my personal life first but the quality of the servers is rising through the top. 

Keep going like this! 

Just now, Midamaru said:

To let myself be permed unreversably. The community i love so much is now blooming instead of dying off. Makes it harder to stay away. Obviously i did it to put my personal life first but the quality of the servers is rising through the top. 

Keep going like this! 

Maybe I see a note on your account, maybe I don't...

Rodrigo likes this