Spit it out Paratus/Bamf& Motown

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

They're largely shooting themselves in the foot.  I know many players who joined Arma because of Asylum/other Altis life servers because they watched a streamer play on said server.  I'd be willing to bet most people who buy Arma are not interested in the milsim portion of the game, just the servers...which BI will end up killing and the game will be dead.

I have never actually played a non modded (of some sort) form of the game.

DreamC and Mike Stmria like this
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransaction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

You could do a licensing sort of system, just as a drivers license/gun license, you need a certain license to access/use certain things, could have one to use donor town, one to buy mohawks etc, could also make it so donors get the license automatically, just like a debit card

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Donations cannot be the only way to achieve access to content in-game. Period. Bohemia has made that point abundantly clear; especially given Donor Town was the cause of this morning's issues.

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransaction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

Believe me; Paratus is... less than pleased... with how things have been handled thusfar. I ask for your patience while they sort things out.

I think too many people would complain pay to win on this one. Just my thoughts good system though.

Cosmetics for donations is all I ask for. Don't find loopholes, don't try to play the system or it will fuck the community over again.

Its very hard finding a good mean of rewarding for donating, however cosmetics is literally the best way to do it without breaking the rules. Another method that doesn't bypass the rules is something that a couple servers actually do. You set a donation goal, and when that monthly donation goal is met, you release something that everyone has access to, not only donors. ALUK and GTA do this. When they reach their monthly goal, they have a 50% discount on all stores for the first 5 days of the month, Olympus done something similar to this as well I believe with vehicles. This is allowed because everyone enjoys the rewards, wether they payed or not.

As sad as this might sound, other communities will report Asylum for such breaking of the rules, and I won't be surprised if this is the case now. Asylum went on for so long by breaking the Monetisation rules and now it hits them. The founder of the server I came from lived for shit like this just so he can report the competition.

Edited by Haych
Olivia likes this
2 minutes ago, Haych said:

Cosmetics for donations is all I ask for. Don't find loopholes, don't try to play the system or it will fuck the community over again.

Its very hard finding a good mean of rewarding for donating, however cosmetics is literally the best way to do it without breaking the rules. Another method that doesn't bypass the rules is something that a couple servers actually do. You set a donation goal, and when that monthly donation goal is met, you release something that everyone has access to, not only donors. ALUK and GTA do this. When they reach their monthly goal, they have a discount on all stores for the first 5 days of the month, Olympus done something similar to this as well I believe with vehicles. This is allowed because everyone enjoys the rewards, wether they payed or not, however I don't think something like this will work on the Asylum servers.

Ha. Beat you too it 

Haych likes this

I was talking with some of my team and we though it would be pre sick if every donor level you have you would a extra talent point. So if you level 1 you would have 28 and if you were 2 you would have 29 I mean its not that OP and it would be awesome to have a few extra and not pay to switch  them around based on what your doing 

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Donations cannot be the only way to achieve access to content in-game. Period. Bohemia has made that point abundantly clear; especially given Donor Town was the cause of this morning's issues.

Believe me; Paratus is... less than pleased... with how things have been handled thusfar. I ask for your patience while they sort things out.

will people that already donated relieve these credits with the amount already donated?

Fuck um, I dont need a special pony mount because I donated money. I got shit that saved my ass for a long time i.e donor medical and hatch sports - regardless if others had or did not have them. I donated because I get to play free here , and i love it. Don't donate if you need your special snow flake shit. Im sure a little discount on in game items would be more then enough anyways. 

Millar and IndianapolisJones like this

Don't know exactly how strict they are and even though I'm sure you guys have thought of it already, aesthetics is probably the way to go. Custom clothing/reskined clothing, custom car skins, custom sounds like custom car alarm/unlocking sounds depending on what the user chooses for his vehicle. The goal is "Give the players choices for what they already have". You can only do so much of that though and I understand it increases the mission file size etc. You guys are probably the best people to come up with ideas though as you know your limitations better.

Blocking content from non Donors is in violation of monetization policy.

I'm assuming the above doesn't affect skins and sounds/changes that give absolutely no advantage to a player in game. I can see how only allowing donors to have access to sport hatchbacks/debit cards/mohawks gave us a gameplay advantage over others but I hope they aren't considering aesthetics as "Blocking content"

32 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Can't do that.

What about reduced materials for building vehicles / no cost to build them. It would make having expensive vehicles super accessible for donors.

In addition maybe faster drug gathering , mining, fishing, excavating e.t.c

Not that i care , im happy with nothing as I pay nothing to play

5 hours ago, Gnashes said:

That would be against the TOS too unfortunately. 

You are not allowed to sell anything for $ that is made by Bohemia. So any model that is made by them cannot be sold according to TOS. Even if you offer it for points

The only legit thing Paratus can do is sell fancy names, fancy colors, some other system he himself designed. We can also sell reserve slots to the server. Thats it. 

I did propose more fancy titles and fancy colors to be available for purchase. Give the gold names to donators etc. 

EDIT: unless they changed the rules form the last time I read them.

I like the ideas of monthly donation goals and more cosmetic name colors and custom titles.

However you could consider giving donor perks on the forums and on TS/Discord.  There's not a whole lot that you can "reward" donors with there, but it could move some of the donor perks from in-game to out of game.

In TS maybe let donors change their descriptions, set their own server groups/icons, join a donor-only lounge channel (I'd suggest letting donors use TS Pokes but I think that'd be aids).  On the forums you could let us change the phrase under our forum name, maybe put in a custom rank icon (not avatar, but the icon where my LT icon is), maybe let donors pin their montage to the top of the "Videos and Screenshots" forum for a week.  Idk just some ideas.  When in doubt: more cosmetics.

Edited by Olivia

Lets aks Paratus to design a whole new currency (money) system in asylum and then everything will be easier. ( sounds stupid but I'm just trying to suggest and follow up with what Smirnoff said). It's gonna be hard for devs and to sell things maybe server needs to be moded, so new life to Aussie ? 

Love some of the ideas in this thread. I know this might sound like aids but why not do the same thing that some wasteland and KOTH servers do. (VIP slots.) Make all servers max 110 players just like how server 2 is right now. 100 regular players and then 10 reserved slots for those who pay monthly or have a specific donor rank.

Mike Stmria likes this
1 minute ago, Jamooze said:

Uhhhh what to give donors? Hows about a dope ass server with an amazing community. When I donated it was to pay for what I'd already gotten, not to get more. I doubt I would have played any other life server / ArmA game mode for 2-3k hours. All hail Paratus, bitch. 

Preach!

One thing I used to do on a Minecraft server I ran was give global boosts/rewards to everyone when there was a donation for a limited time based on amount donated. Those are well within the TOS since everyone is receiving them. Monthly goals, as mentioned before, which release cool, new and exciting things for monthly periods or permanently could also work.

Some timed global rewards/boost.
-Increase money from a random activity (cocaine, diamond, etc.)
-Reduction in specific/all guns or vehicles
-Put a weapon or anything in all house crates
-Remove stamina or give unlimited red gulls
And anything else that can be given globally.

Edited by Destrah
Olivia likes this
19 minutes ago, Destrah said:

One thing I used to do on a Minecraft server I ran was give global boosts/rewards to everyone when there was a donation for a limited time based on amount donated. Those are well within the TOS since everyone is receiving them. Monthly goals, as mentioned before, which release cool, new and exciting things for monthly periods or permanently could also work.

Basically this. Global Rewards and Cosmetics should be the way forward, not finding a loophole.

Vash likes this
6 hours ago, Olivia said:

I like the ideas of monthly donation goals and more cosmetic name colors and custom titles.

However you could consider giving donor perks on the forums and on TS/Discord.  There's not a whole lot that you can "reward" donors with there, but it could move some of the donor perks from in-game to out of game.

In TS maybe let donors change their descriptions, set their own server groups/icons, join a donor-only lounge channel (I'd suggest letting donors use TS Pokes but I think that'd be aids).  On the forums you could let us change the phrase under our forum name, maybe put in a custom rank icon (not avatar, but the icon where my LT icon is), maybe let donors pin their montage to the top of the "Videos and Screenshots" forum for a week.  Idk just some ideas.  When in doubt: more cosmetics.

good ideas

This is good too, global rewards shouldn't violate TOS.

Olivia likes this
8 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

good ideas

This is good too, global rewards shouldn't violate TOS.

Global rewards are perfectly fine with Bohemia. As long as people who don't pay receive the same things as people who do.

Find some cool global rewards, add some cool custom skins and that will be golden. I'm even willing to design some vehicle/clothing skins if need be.

Mike Stmria likes this
3 hours ago, Haych said:

Global rewards are perfectly fine with Bohemia. As long as people who don't pay receive the same things as people who do.

Find some cool global rewards, add some cool custom skins and that will be golden. I'm even willing to design some vehicle/clothing skins if need be.

I think its better to find a smart loophole.

Lets sell reserved slots, and only those in a reserved slots can use donor items :)

Mike Stmria likes this