Increase frag prices

25 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

My suggestion is simple, increase the price of frags, or make them not be affected by turfs/arms. If you have arms and turfs they are so damn cheap for the home team. Fighting some people are basically running around dodging countless frags. 

become a turf rat and get both turfs :D

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Nah.  It's a good tool to remove people who refuse to peak and have too much of an advantage from their position in a gun fight.

I think his suggestion is suggesting just what you said. He didn't say remove them. All he said was increase the price that way they aren't used to just spam and kill everyone they can. With the increase they will become more of a tool for a specific reason just as you said instead of "hey I can easily buy these let me spam them".

14 minutes ago, Alec-I said:

All I want is to buy an mk1 loadout for less than 30k, but yeah fk the nades

Try using a Katiba.

Everyone always complains that loadouts cost too much. The issue doesn't lie in the price of the loadout, but in that you all choose to literally buy the most expensive items that exist.

20 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Try using a Katiba.

Everyone always complains that loadouts cost too much. The issue doesn't lie in the price of the loadout, but in that you all choose to literally buy the most expensive items that exist.

That's because people want to have the best gear when fighting the enemy, why not bring Sdars and Rooks if it's cheaper?  I agree the katiba is a good weapon, but I believe it gives you a massive disadvantage when fighting the enemy if they are smacking you with 7.62 and hovering orcas and driving ifrits around you. I like to be prepared, to many times have I had a katiba and had the opportunity to take out an ifrit driver / orca pilot and change the game of a cartel fight. 

If you're fighting cops then sure katiba is swish. I wouldn't recommend it for a full on cartel fight as I am sure many others would agree. It's a budget cartel weapon.

Edited by Alec-I
Just now, Alec-I said:

That's because people want to have the best gear when fighting the enemy, why not bring Sdars and Rooks if it's cheaper?  I agree the katiba is a good weapon, but I believe it gives you a massive disadvantage when fighting the enemy if they are smacking you with 7.62 and hovering orcas and driving ifrits around you. I like to be prepared, to many times have I had a katiba and had the opportunity to take out an ifrit driver / orca pilot and change the game of a cartel fight. 

If you're fighting cops then sure katiba is swish. I wouldn't recommend it for a full on cartel fight as I am sure many others would agree.

Your tradeoff being that "preparedness" is expensive.

We're not going to nerf the cost of the best gear in the game to make it cheap; especially not if people are willing to pay 30k+ a loadout for it. That tells us that it's totally a viable price; but that's it's a bitter pill to swallow. Which it should be.

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We're not going to nerf the cost of the best gear in the game to make it cheap; especially not if people are willing to pay 30k+ a loadout for it. That tells us that it's totally a viable price; but that's it's a bitter pill to swallow. Which it should be.

giphy.gif

C h u r c h, Haych, Feenix and 9 others like this
13 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

If I remember correctly one mk-18 loadout on server one ( with arms and two turfs, and guns in stock) was around 13k. The mk-18 was literally 4k.

That used to be the case, I haven't seen an mk18 at that low price on S2 in ages, with guns in stock and with all the cartels / turfs. with taxes at 0%. maybe it's just me, but I am fed up with grinding money more to keep up with gang life, I am starting to have a lack of motivation to make money, and then spend nearly half an hours work right into a load out, kinda sucks. 

Edited by Alec-I
Rodrigo likes this
2 hours ago, Destrah said:

I think his suggestion is suggesting just what you said. He didn't say remove them. All he said was increase the price that way they aren't used to just spam and kill everyone they can. With the increase they will become more of a tool for a specific reason just as you said instead of "hey I can easily buy these let me spam them".

Increasing the price makes them far less viable because if you die then you are set back even more financially.  Even removing the price decrease from the turfs and cartels would make them less viable and if you are encountering a gang that heavily utilizes grenades, deny them the turf and cartel whenever possible.  Cop versus civ side of frag grenades is a bit different, I don't understand why you would waste money like that on cops but frags or no frags cops usually are getting killed by 7.62s far more often than a frag grenade.  

4 hours ago, Alec-I said:

That used to be the case, I haven't seen an mk18 at that low price on S2 in ages, with guns in stock and with all the cartels / turfs. with taxes at 0%. maybe it's just me, but I am fed up with grinding money more to keep up with gang life, I am starting to have a lack of motivation to make money, and then spend nearly half an hours work right into a load out, kinda sucks. 

This...

11 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Try using a Katiba.

The problem is that the max cap of money has been lowerd and it feels like every major update makes everything cost more and the "money making" get's harder and harder... how to make money now step 1. Get the cartels. step 2. wait for the money to rise. step 3. take it. I don't say this to be a dick im just saying it cuz i love asylum and it feels like even though the money making is harder and a bit more grind it would be nice if the money cap would be bumped up a bit :)

12 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Then make the Katiba the same price as a cop 6.5. Easy.  If rebel life is that op, let's have a day where all cartel rebels fight as cops, and cops play as rebels. Let's see who wins, cause honestly, all I've heard from cops is that we are to op, we all cheat, we all group chat. It's really just because they're potato's.

Jonah and Haych like this

Grenade cost increase +1 from me

Loadout cost is balanced,  to use highest tier loadout 30k (20mins to make) isn't so much. 

The cost is only bitter if you have to re-buy alot due dying. 

I mean imagine fighting all day with oneloadout. 30K-40k for full day of fighting where you can easily earn that.

Now if you fight like it's KotH and never get a defib then ofcourse the price is going through the roof. 

Just.stop.dying.

15 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Try using a Katiba.

15 hours ago, KBW said:

^

Katiba is always 8k and can still 1HK people with no armor. Not to mention 30 rounds of controllable full-auto.

+1 katiba used it 9/10 times over mk when i wasnt banned

Edited by Miss Evo
really? warning point for this gnashes?
3 hours ago, Mahdizzle said:

The problem is that the max cap of money has been lowerd and it feels like every major update makes everything cost more and the "money making" get's harder and harder... how to make money now step 1. Get the cartels. step 2. wait for the money to rise. step 3. take it. I don't say this to be a dick im just saying it cuz i love asylum and it feels like even though the money making is harder and a bit more grind it would be nice if the money cap would be bumped up a bit :)

If you think One Million Dollars is the most money you can have; you are a fool.

Buy Orcas, buy .50's, buy Ifrits, buy Mohawks.

When you get low on money, sell 8-10 of them for another instant million. Or, better yet, buy useless houses on other servers and sell them for 80-90% of what you paid for them.

The money cap is not 1M. The money cap is however much money you can toss into actual assets and then hold as a cash-equivalent.

8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

If you think One Million Dollars is the most money you can have; you are a fool.

When you get low on money, sell 8-10 of them for another instant million. Or, better yet, buy useless houses on other servers and sell them for 80-90% of what you paid for them.

The money cap is not 1M. The money cap is however much money you can toss into actual assets and then hold as a cash-equivalent.

First of all insteed of insulting talk with respect and don't call me a fool. Next topic u don't play rebel you spawn in your money and don't know the grind as we REBELS do. Since i am a REBEL i have around 7-8 ifrits in my garage, you might say "ooh well problem solved then" no it's not, try go fight for 2 hours and see how your bank acc is looking :) And what i mean by money cap is that you can have 1mil in there and feel rich but then you buy 1 orca cuz no one has it and you need your gear that's almost 200k, and then you go fight the other gang for 2 hours and you come back let's say 5 times, 1 loadout is around 30-40k cuz REBELS don't buy katibs (sorry @Sugarfoot) thanks have a great day Gnashes, next time you feel like talking to me don't call me a fool since you don't wanna be insulted aswell :) 

I forgot to add you make a good point but bumping it up with maybe 500k would not be a bad idé

Edited by Mahdizzle
15 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

whats the point of the money cap at 1 mil then? i know that devs/CMs say it will  never be removed and stuff , but since we are talking about ways to bypass it (cause its useless imo) why dont just get rid of it :)

Edited by NightFury
13 minutes ago, Mahdizzle said:

First of all insteed of insulting talk with respect and don't call me a fool. Next topic u don't play rebel you spawn in your money and don't know the grind as we REBELS do. Since i am a REBEL i have around 7-8 ifrits in my garage, you might say "ooh well problem solved then" no it's not, try go fight for 2 hours and see how your bank acc is looking :) And what i mean by money cap is that you can have 1mil in there and feel rich but then you buy 1 orca cuz no one has it and you need your gear that's almost 200k, and then you go fight the other gang for 2 hours and you come back let's say 5 times, 1 loadout is around 30-40k cuz REBELS don't buy katibs (sorry @Sugarfoot) thanks have a great day Gnashes, next time you feel like talking to me don't call me a fool since you don't wanna be insulted aswell :)

Let's point out the flaws in your logic here, because at this point you clearly ARE a fool.

1. " u don't play rebel you spawn in your money and don't know the grind " I know how to play the game without Admin abilities. We all do. Should I remind you that literally half of the Admins were #1 on the Rich List before becoming Admin? Or that we've been here longer than most of you have. I spent ONE month playing 100% legit on Aussie. I own 8 C-130's, and the Admin Gangbank was full when the server died. Because I don't know how to fucking grind money right? Please; keep your misguided delusions somewhere that the populace is stupid enough to believe them.

2. " try go fight for 2 hours and see how your bank acc is looking" - Well if you don't die and choose to respawn every 15 minutes; you're generally pretty well off. Not doing stupid shit is the key to surviving. It's not our fault that most people treat firefights in Arma like they're playing Call of Duty with infinite respawns and run into the open to get blasted by literally the entire enemy force.

3. " you can have 1mil in there and feel rich but then you buy 1 orca cuz no one has it and you need your gear that's almost 200k" - If you did it right; you'd own the fucking Orca BEFORE the fight started. You make money first; you fight after. If you try to fight while you're poor as shit and then complain about the price of gear; I'm going to consider anything you say about as invalid as I already am.

4. "1 loadout is around 30-40k cuz REBELS don't buy katibs" - Well that just sounds like you're own damn fool choice considering you seem to know that you're going to die 5+ times every fight. Try buying cheaper gear, try dying less, or maybe try having your team revive you.

To be abundantly clear; We will not balance money making to favor those who always want to fight; and never want to make money. This is a Life Server. If you want to go fight and make money doing so; I recommend you try King of the Hill.

9 minutes ago, NightFury said:

whats the point of the money cap at 1 mil then? i know that devs/CMs say it will  never be removed and stuff , but since we are talking about ways to bypass it (cause its useless imo) why dont just get rid of it :)

Because we're aware that most people will not choose to bypass it due to either a lack of ability to think outside of the box; or an inability to grind that much without blowing it all on something silly.

People having a bottomless supply of money was terrible for the server. You had people who were literally capable of playing for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, and never needing to go make money.