Change log 7.3.0

bamf

3 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

Paratus > Then Critics

3 hours ago, Paratus said:

Sure, in that case. I use the same header template in all code I create, and for some reason the BIS supplied AAN function wasn't adequate. I don't recall why as it was long ago, but I needed to do something more with it I think (not looking over the code to see). So yep, in that case I used code from inside Bohemia's internal functions.. but if you really want to look around you'll see I left the original author credit everywhere.. in fact in a lot of scripts I've totally rewritten them but left the original author's name.

And still, my point from before stands all the same.

+1

9 hours ago, Paratus said:

Well, I did afteral come up with every single significant feature on every Life server. People forget that before Asylum, there was no player housing, no gangs, not even persitent characters. Before us it was the Life design to only save your money, not even your clothing or position. :) Every single thing of note started here.

Hence the reason we have hope and the reason why many of us are still here because we believe you can still revive the server. Don't let us down PapaParatus.

10 hours ago, Paratus said:

Well, I did afteral come up with every single significant feature on every Life server. People forget that before Asylum, there was no player housing, no gangs, not even persitent characters. Before us it was the Life design to only save your money, not even your clothing or position. :) Every single thing of note started here.

Can you please just tell us why you are so hesitant on removing the money cap? 

Once upon a time people just shat out ifrits and orcas as if they were merely cheap little hotpockets from grocery stores

Didn't matter that they were caught by cops or defeated by rival rebels..

No fear of losing !*@#

Would not like to see the return of those days

Just now, OgreTV said:

Once upon a time people just shat out ifrits and orcas as if they were merely cheap little hotpockets from grocery stores

Didn't matter that they were caught by cops or defeated by rival rebels..

No fear of losing !*@#

Would not like to see the return of those days

Lol. People have like 30+ orcas in their garages now and 10+ ifrits.
Also its insanely cheap to make both of those now. Easy to get them now than before. 

On 7/8/2016 at 6:58 PM, Ebola said:

actually I was referring to myself as a low tier player who is prospering with loads of money without bitching about money cap. So quite honestly you're just jealous of my financial status have fun with your drug runs while I camp the dealer to shit on all your effort you put into making it

And this is why players like you on APD are shit. 

2 hours ago, OgreTV said:

Then why worry about a cap?

Because there is no reason to play once you reach cap, I have 15 or so ifrits, a few 50s, and like 20 orcas. 5 houses filled with gear. Money capped on 2 accounts. When i first joined Innovative a long time ago, most of the people had over 50 million dollars and they still grinded meth ever single night. How often do you see 10 hemmts at meth lab anymore? These gang orientated drug runs would start some of the better cop v rebel fights ive ever been a part of. This is why i believe cap needs to be removed, and group cap be increased to 15. 

@Paratus Please dont just add a moneysink and think that will fix the problem. You stated that money cap was working as intended, Is it intended that people dont want to play the game once they reach end game? Regardless of why you play this game, for the combat or the RP, the best combat/ RP happens during money making activities.

GH05T, Kettles, Big Bird and 1 other like this

On the Topic of adding new things @Paratus

GA Carrier Rig (Digi) ($5500) - Funnily enough, these things now have the exact same ballistic protection as the Carrier Lites we have in the game. Done testing comparing these to the Carrier Lites with all 3 popular calibres, all the results where the same. 2 shots with a 7.62, 3 with a 6.5 and 4 with a 5.56, exact same compared to the Carrier Lites. I see no reason in not adding them now that they are on par with Carrier Lites. They just provide a extra inch of groin protection hence the slightly extra price. Just means we won't get 1 tapped in the dick. 

Yes, once upon a time the Indi GA Carrier Rigs had more Ballistic protection than the Carrier Lites making them not a right fit for the server, seems like Bohemia has decided to change that. Would love to see these added. Go do your own testing if you don't believe me, not sure when Bohemia exactly made that change.

GA Carrier Lite (Digi) ($4000) - Exact same results as the GA Carrier Rig. Slightly reduced price compared to its counterparts because it doesn't have groin protection or the lower back protection the Carrier Lites have.

CTRG Plate Carrier Mk.1 Light - Just a reskinned version of the Carrier Lites. The more variety the better

Ravens Vest - I remember you mentioning adding them in, would be nice a mid point for people not wanting to spend 5k on a Vest.

AAF and CSAT Wet-suits - The CSAT variant provides no extra armour at all. Remove the NATO wet-suits from Civs, let that be Bluefor only and give the Civs the AAF/CSAT alternatives. Makes no sense for Civs to be able to buy the exact same black wet-suits as Cops can.

Survival Fatigues - Could be a Donor 2+ Reward similar to the CTRG Fatigues.

Edited by Haych
GH05T, Nic Rage, sah and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

Because there is no reason to play once you reach cap, I have 15 or so ifrits, a few 50s, and like 20 orcas. 5 houses filled with gear. Money capped on 2 accounts. When i first joined Innovative a long time ago, most of the people had over 50 million dollars and they still grinded meth ever single night. How often do you see 10 hemmts at meth lab anymore? These gang orientated drug runs would start some of the better cop v rebel fights ive ever been a part of. This is why i believe cap needs to be removed, and group cap be increased to 15. 

Ogre will concede that the days were more fun when we had community meth runs. It provided fun times for civs v cops when they decided to try to bust up a run of meth runners .. 

Fair point there.

After all, it wasn't guaranteed that a run wouldn't get busted up.. It was super difficult to do it but when you did as a cop it felt great. It also felt great being one of the people to get away with their stash of meth while the coppers showed up.. There was definitely a lot of adrenaline rush back in the day.

Edited by OgreTV
Kettles and GH05T like this
2 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

@Paratus Please dont just add a moneysink and think that will fix the problem. You stated that money cap was working as intended, Is it intended that people dont want to play the game once they reach end game? Regardless of why you play this game, for the combat or the RP, the best combat/ RP happens during money making activities.

I don't understand when people refer to money cap as end game. You have 1,000,000 go fucking blow it on loadouts or suicide vests, or Kamikazing Planes in to spawn, or vesting without intiation. Speed Bombs are fun as fuck there's so much to spend it on

Just now, Ebola said:

I don't understand when people refer to money cap as end game. You have 1,000,000 go fucking blow it on loadouts or suicide vests, or Kamikazing Planes in to spawn, or vesting without intiation. Speed Bombs are fun as fuck there's so much to spend it on

Money cap isnt end game, having 5 houses filled with gear (my donor house has 2 vests and 3 speedbombs for when they are needed), having garage cap (mostly high end vehicles). Thats end game. And its not like this is recent, myself and the people that i play with have had this for quite some time. You are suggesting that i mindlessly blow things up and crash things to loose money. Thats how you know cap is not a good thing

Kettles, Haych and JIMBO like this
1 hour ago, OgreTV said:

Ogre will concede that the days were more fun when we had community meth runs. It provided fun times for civs v cops when they decided to try to bust up a run of meth runners .. 

Fair point there.

After all, it wasn't guaranteed that a run wouldn't get busted up.. It was super difficult to do it but when you did as a cop it felt great. It also felt great being one of the people to get away with their stash of meth while the coppers showed up.. There was definitely a lot of adrenaline rush back in the day.

One time we fought cops at meth lab, and we pushed all the way to pyrgos HQ on foot. fight legit lasted 2 hours. With a moderate cap of 15, it would make it more fair for the cops than it was back then. Sure you will have people that will purchase money. But it happens now. People buy a mil, Spend it, and get a refill. Cap means nothing to them anyway. The only thing cap is doing is hurting players who liked to make money

Edited by TheRealLethal

Just gonna throw this out there...

People like progression based games.

With asylum money making, a lot of the progression people like is making as much money as they can, hitting a certain amount of money they didn't think possible.

With that being said,

If you limit the progression players can make,

You lose interest.

If you lose interest; you quit playing.

You quit playing; you lose your player base.

Last time I checked; Asylum is not as popular as it was pre-6.0

Take what I've said for what it's worth; But I speak truth.

Edited by Grizz
GH05T, Haych and Big Bird like this
4 hours ago, Grizz said:

Just gonna throw this out there...

People like progression based games.

With asylum money making, a lot of the progression people like is making as much money as they can, hitting a certain amount of money they didn't think possible.

With that being said,

If you limit the progression players can make,

You lose interest.

If you lose interest; you quit playing.

You quit playing; you lose your player base.

Last time I checked; Asylum is not as popular as it was pre-6.0

Take what I've said for what it's worth; But I speak truth.

I fail to see the healthy progression provided by removing the money cap.

Literally nothing will change for the better. Shit will just get worse to the point where you can't even whittle away at what people have during fights.

How would you like Asylum if the people with the extra time the average person just doesn't have, goes on in the early morning US / EU times on a server with little to no cops, and racked up enough cash to fight cartels for a week in a night. That's what we'll see from this, with no limits whatsoever.

This can still happen, what I said above, but money cap limits a player's ability to stack as much funds as possible so as to frivolously use them against opponents who have to play to have fun and make money for MAYBE only a few hours, and MAYBE once a day or less in a week.

So I mean this next question is an opinion, but what is even fun about having so much money you can just throw yourself at people until they can no longer even fight back because they don't have the time and money to even compete? That is in absolutely no way a gameplay style any server should encourage and implement. Not just life servers.

Opinions aside, this community will find loopholes for anything and everything. If it skirts the line, it's fine as far as anyone's concerned for the server's health compared to their own preferences on how they themselves want to play.

Edited by Dust Runner
14 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

I fail to see the healthy progression provided by removing the money cap.

Literally nothing will change for the better. Shit will just get worse to the point where you can't even whittle away at what people have during fights.

How would you like Asylum if the people with the extra time the average person just doesn't have, goes on in the early morning US / EU times on a server with little to no cops, and racked up enough cash to fight cartels for a week in a night. That's what we'll see from this, with no limits whatsoever.

This can still happen, what I said above, but money cap limits a player's ability to stack as much funds as possible so as to frivolously use them against opponents who have to play to have fun and make money for MAYBE only a few hours, and MAYBE once a day or less in a week.

So I mean this next question is an opinion, but what is even fun about having so much money you can just throw yourself at people until they can no longer even fight back because they don't have the time and money to even compete? That is in absolutely no way a gameplay style any server should encourage and implement. Not just life servers.

Opinions aside, this community will find loopholes for anything and everything. If it skirts the line, it's fine as far as anyone's concerned for the server's health compared to their own preferences on how they themselves want to play.

There are so many things wrong with this im not even really sure where to begin. Lets start off with the obvious question. How much time have you spent on civ earning money. If you have 4X as much cop xp as you do civ, your opinion on money making is null.

You have never played civ when there was no money cap, and all your guns were free back then. You also reference the fact that no cops are on EU times. I was playing at 4am CST and there were 9 cops on.

I could pick apart everything you say, but why do that when nothing i say will make a difference anyway.

Google™ and Big Bird like this
23 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Change the first "money" in this quote to salt and you have the APD.:shrug:

Edited by [§] Alex
Big Bird and TheRealLethal like this
5 hours ago, Haych said:

GA Carrier Rig (Digi) ($5500) - Funnily enough, these things now have the exact same ballistic protection as the Carrier Lites we have in the game. Done testing comparing these to the Carrier Lites with all 3 popular calibres, all the results where the same. 2 shots with a 7.62, 3 with a 6.5 and 4 with a 5.56, exact same compared to the Carrier Lites. I see no reason in not adding them now that they are on par with Carrier Lites. They just provide a extra inch of groin protection hence the slightly extra price. Just means we won't get 1 tapped in the dick. 

Yes, once upon a time the Indi GA Carrier Rigs had more Ballistic protection than the Carrier Lites making them not a right fit for the server, seems like Bohemia has decided to change that. Would love to see these added. Go do your own testing if you don't believe me, not sure when Bohemia exactly made that change.

GA Carrier Lite (Digi) ($4000) - Exact same results as the GA Carrier Rig. Slightly reduced price compared to its counterparts because it doesn't have groin protection or the lower back protection the Carrier Lites have.

CTRG Plate Carrier Mk.1 Light - Just a reskinned version of the Carrier Lites. The more variety the better

Ravens Vest - I remember you mentioning adding them in, would be nice a mid point for people not wanting to spend 5k on a Vest.

AAF and CSAT Wet-suits - The CSAT variant provides no extra armour at all. Remove the NATO wet-suits from Civs, let that be Bluefor only and give the Civs the AAF/CSAT alternatives. Makes no sense for Civs to be able to buy the exact same black wet-suits as Cops can.

Chewbacca likes this

hello please remove the combat seizing rule from apd so it's decent to fight cops again thanks

pointless trying to get back a guy from the cops since they'll just remove his gun instantly and hes now worthless in the fight, might as well just lethal 24/7, not to mention risk>payout :pogchamp:

Edited by Jimbo!
Defragments and DJB like this
15 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

hello please remove the combat seizing rule from apd so it's decent to fight cops again thanks

pointless trying to get back a guy from the cops since they'll just remove his gun instantly and hes now worthless in the fight, might as well just lethal 24/7, not to mention risk>payout :pogchamp:

no jimbo. our guns are almost as cheap as cop guns. in all seriousness this rule is not good. Almost as bad as that time Durga made Carrier lites illegal.

So to counter all the arguing I'll explain early the patch you'll get with Apex. It's been coded for a bit now waiting to go out tomorrow.

At the news station, prestigious people can convert prestige to money by doing an "endorsement". The fee charged on the conversion is based on how much prestige you have. Over a few million prestige and it gets hefty, but otherwise it's not bad.

You can also lose your achievements by reducing prestige, like your titles.

7 hours ago, Haych said:

I think they should add press vests in some way but, yah know

+1

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

So to counter all the arguing I'll explain early the patch you'll get with Apex. It's been coded for a bit now waiting to go out tomorrow.

At the news station, prestigious people can convert prestige to real money by doing an "endorsement". The fee charged on the conversion of based on how much prestige you have. Over a few million prestige and it gets hefty, but otherwise it's not bad.

Real money? as in Real life currency?

Starance should of kept all that prestige you had 20+ mil

11 minutes ago, Paratus said:

At the news station, prestigious people can convert prestige to money by doing an "endorsement". The fee charged on the conversion is based on how much prestige you have. Over a few million prestige and it gets hefty, but otherwise it's not bad.

I think it's a decent solution. It gives money-capped people a reason to keep making money, because they can convert their prestige to money when they need it. As long as the conversation rates aren't completely messed up.

19 minutes ago, Paratus said:

ignore, im a dribbler

Edited by TheRealLethal
4 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

So say i have 10 mil prestige can i convert all that to real in game cash and go over the cap? sorry im a little lost

You can still have 1M in the bank max, but if you go spend like a drunken sailor and then don't want to grind to get back close to or at 1M you can "cash in" prestige for in game money to fill your bank account back up. 

Think of it as having your money laundered or taking items to a fence - they take a cut, but your prestige will now have a monetary value. 

Just now, bamf said:

You can still have 1M in the bank max, but if you go spend like a drunken sailor and then don't want to grind to get back close to or at 1M you can "cash in" prestige for in game money to fill your bank account back up. 

But I dont see the point of putting the money in prestige rather than in a gang bank or a second account. You still lose money when cashing it out again because of the fee..?

2 minutes ago, John Lemmon said:

But I dont see the point of putting the money in prestige rather than in a gang bank or a second account. You still lose money when cashing it out again because of the fee..?

some people have full bank accounts, full gang accounts, and full garages. This is for those players. 

25 minutes ago, Paratus said:

I have suggested this for a long time, Being able to turn prestige back into money but at a reduced rate so you can use it as "emergency cash". Brilliant that it is being added.

Will this also mean the people who have the achievements due to cheaters will loose them?