Change log 7.3.0

bamf

12 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Lol, Gnashes I like you.  But you're really spinning it.

Your forcing your base players who are not buying keys to wear white.  Please tell me how much white blends in on Altis and Tanoa.  Is there white bushes?  Is there White trees?  Does white not stick out in the distance in a woodland environment?  You're putting the playerbase who are not donating at a direct disadvantage on purpose and rending their option to be completely useless.

Especially in an already tactically motivated simulation game.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Lol, Gnashes I like you.  But you're really spinning it.

Your forcing your base players who are not buying keys to wear white.  Please tell me how much white blends in on Altis and Tanoa.  Is there white bushes?  Is there White trees?  Does white not stick out in the distance in a woodland environment?  You're putting the playerbase who are not donating at a direct disadvantage on purpose and rending their option to be completely useless.

Don't like white? Well then donate and try getting it via loot crate. Or you know do something else you shouldn't with the texture like someone else already showed... :shrug:

37 minutes ago, Haych said:

Woohooo, yeah man, great. Totally can't bug out custom textures on Asylum. CSAT Hex Fatigues for all.

aa60ee7b7cf4442a8114791870699504.png

Hey @bamf, should I ban the retard or not?

At this point I'm of the opinion that it's @Paratus's problem and not the Admin's, but give me the go ahead and I'll do it in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Hey @bamf, should I ban the retard or not?

Do you realise the way to replicate this is by doing something that every player does? Without wanting it or not, people will be doing this on a day to day basis by accident. Sure, go ahead and ban everyone. Not my fault Paratus doesn't want to use .PAA files :shrug:

Edited by Haych
HerpLeDerp, Tiger, Schiang and 6 others like this
9 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Don't like white? Well then donate and try getting it via loot crate. Or you know do something else you shouldn't with the texture like someone else already showed... :shrug:

I don't want to pay into something that is pay to win, I do not want to support something like that.  The loot crates are fine in themselves but the pay to win aspects gotta go.  And like we won't see an exploit like that patched within a week lmao.

Haych likes this
11 minutes ago, Haych said:

Do you realise the way to replicate this is by doing something that every player does? Without wanting it or not, people will be doing this on a day to day basis by accident. Sure, go ahead and ban everyone. Not my fault Paratus doesn't want to use .PAA files :shrug:

can't use .paa files, Sheep wouldn't be able to download the mission file. 

AceDread likes this
1 minute ago, Jimbo! said:

Same will happen if you get revived, the player isn't able to prevent it if he is getting revived and the skin resets to its original :shrug:

The same thing happened when the Donor Hawaii T-shirt got released. You die, it goes back to it's original skin. 

15 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Same will happen if you get revived, the player isn't able to prevent it if he is getting revived and the skin resets to its original :shrug:

Currently 4 ways of doing it, and every single one of them is something players do on a day to day basis.

12 minutes ago, epTic said:

can't use .paa files, Sheep wouldn't be able to download the mission file. 

.PAA has nothing to do with downloading mission files. Paratus is worried that converting the skins will take up too much file space, but as I mentioned before, file size of .PAA skins will not be a issue once you optimise the .JPG version before converting. I'm even willing to prove it by changing all the Cop skins to .PAA while maintaining similar sizes to its .JPG equivalents without losing any quality.

To put into perspective. Here is a server that uses optimised .PAA files, and here is Asylums using .JPGs.

Edited by Haych
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I don't want to pay into something that is pay to win, I do not want to support something like that.  The loot crates are fine in themselves but the pay to win aspects gotta go.  And like we won't see an exploit like that patched within a week lmao.

The white csat you can buy with carrier lite is pretty much the same armor now as pilot coveralls with no carrier lite, literally no point in crying about (unfair p2win advantage anymore). But if you want to get a not white shining csat clothes, you gonna have to donate in order to receive a not white skinned clothes.

7 minutes ago, Haych said:

Hats and Vests are not able to be re-skinned without modding

What about the CSAT Pilot Coverall For police ? What about the helicopter police skins? What about the clothes that you guys buy like the Justin bieber, Sorry officer, Unicorn etc?

these arent mods. they just normal item skinned

Edited by Legendary Cifunds
2 minutes ago, Legendary Cifunds said:

What about the CSAT Pilot Coverall For police ? What about the helicopter police skins? What about the clothes that you guys buy like the Justin bieber, Sorry officer, Unicorn etc?

these arent mods. they just normal item skinned

They are skinned through the mission file, for some reason Bohemia doesn't allow it for Hats and Vests. It's weird, I know.

1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

Really looking forward to the RPG. Do you think you guys will add in a heli that has more towing Capacity in the near future? Maybe tarus again? @bamf or maybe a Civ skinned Huron. i would like to sling load peoples ifrits out of the water when they try to discard them

No more tanks please. We just got away from vehicle tanks.

I still have PTSD from the old Orcas before the nerf. :(

Ghost0fDawn likes this
4 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

It is just a bigger Mohawk armor wise I'm pretty sure

nah, its better. takes a mag from 5.56 to break the glass. Mohawk is awful, you can get pistol banged fairly easy. Its basically like a huge orca, that is also a terrible experience to fly

Edited by TheRealLethal
2 hours ago, TheRealLethal said:

Really looking forward to the RPG. Do you think you guys will add in a heli that has more towing Capacity in the near future? Maybe tarus again? @bamf or maybe a Civ skinned Huron. i would like to sling load peoples ifrits out of the water when they try to discard them

The Nato Huron would be nice. Doesn't need any reskinning as its already brown, perfect for rebels and the only use for it will be towing/transport as the thing is made out of paper.

GH05T and TheRealLethal like this
25 minutes ago, Haych said:

The Nato Huron would be nice. Doesn't need any reskinning as its already brown, perfect for rebels and the only use for it will be towing/transport as the thing is made out of paper.

I haven't seen  saltiness of this magnitude

Edited by Ebola

Can I donate $100+ to buy my way into Sergeant of the APD? Might be an awesome addition to the pay to win crates. Also I'll pay $50 for a Zafir. That's $150 right there Asylum, come take my money. Another awesome money maker would be a $15-20/mo subscription for a whitelisted "Elite Asylum $$$ Ballers" server, I'm down for that too. Please take my money. 

acb.jpg

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
5 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Can I donate $100+ to buy my way into Sergeant of the APD? Might be an awesome addition to the pay to win crates. Also I'll pay $50 for a Zafir. That's $150 right there Asylum, come take my money. Another awesome money maker would be a $15-20/mo subscription for a whitelisted "Elite Asylum $$$ Ballers" server, I'm down for that too. Please take my money. 

I hear Garry's mod rp servers are booming right now sounds like something you would like, and neck yourself 

On 7/6/2016 at 0:11 PM, bamf said:

For 7.3 we are introducing a new donation rewards system that will run in parallel with our current system - Loot Crates.  

Loot crates will provide skins that are custom or that we have previously removed from the game.  These include clothing, backpacks,  and helmets for now.  We will introduce additional items as time goes by, but for now enjoy your free loot crate key.  Crates can be found through actions such as mining, and are purchasable at the home improvement store and market (they can not be sold back to the NPCs however).  Loot crate keys will be purchasable on My Asylum.  

Once you unlock a skin with the loot crate system, you will be able to purchase that item in game an infinite number of times at the appropriate shop.  The skin is bound to your account, and can not be used by someone who has not unlocked that skin previously.  If you unlock a skin multiple times, you will be able to sell the excess versions of that skin on My Asylum for real world currency.  

Most loot crate rewards should be available to APD members rank 2 and higher, although please adhere to APD policy when using these items.  

HikersBackpack.png

Other additions and bug fixes for this patch:  

• The rebel outpost will now sell hats
  • Tanoa has had various map tweaks
  • All civilian boat shops on Tanoa will now sell the RHIB
  • The APD should now be able to search players on Tanoa
  • Fixed an issue with the damage handler in relation to cop weapons
  • Fishing should now work again
  • Vehicle spawns at Tanoa air bases should work as intended now
  • The Garage at DP6 on Tanoa is now functional
  • The "Gear Up" function should work for the APD on Tanoa
  • The SPAR 17 is now available for purchase at the rebel outpost
  • Adjusted the vehicle spawns on the Tanoa eastern rebel outpost to accommodate Mohawks
  • Gang wars should now function as expected

Hotfix 1:

• Added an Urban Hex Fatigues (CSAT) skin to the game
  • Police dispatchers are now invulnerable to damage while operating the dispatch system
  • The Role Playing Grenade - 7 is now available on Tanoa for the ultra rich

Hotfix 2:

Is it dark in here, or is it just me?  Night time is back.  You should now expect about 30 minutes of moon filled sky each server cycle with day time on either side. 

abc

abc

H3LL YEA NIGHT TIME BOYS AND GIRLS :D

I would like to thank you guys for the night time coming back!!!!!!!!! Honestly I remember my first time on the island.. It was night, Their were 3 cop cars and like 2 medic cars with their lights flashing. I myself was a medic because I did not know how to choose sides (it was my first time) a man came up to me and offered me 10k for my medic clothing so obviously i said yes :P Well he robbed me and ran off without paying me...Sooo i went to a cop and told him my story LMAO I was told I cant be naked and got charged & sent to jail.. Had night time not of been here I feel as if this memory would not have been so awesome (due to the darkness with the lights and everything its awesome looking & a whole different experience) Its been months with no night & im just soo happy to read its back!!!

Kettles and Professor Pericles like this