Change log 7.5.5

bamf

2 hours ago, TheRealLethal said:

Fixing Swat might not be such a bad idea.

INB4 "just report people for abusing swat"

I have a list of things that we want to do (both new and bug fixes).  SWAT is on that list, but is lower priority since it's technically an "exploit", but is one that is easy to see if someone uses.  It's there, and will get fixed, but it's not top of the list.  Now if the APD starts abusing it, then it will be moved up the list. 

27 minutes ago, bamf said:

I have a list of things that we want to do (both new and bug fixes).  SWAT is on that list, but is lower priority since it's technically an "exploit", but is one that is easy to see if someone uses.  It's there, and will get fixed, but it's not top of the list.  Now if the APD starts abusing it, then it will be moved up the list. 

You saying if we want something fixed faster we should abuse it more :frog:

Big Bird and Budbringer like this

Hotfix 6:

• Disabled the Asylum Exchange for at least today to see if it helps with performance.  I'll likely need to talk to Paratus about how we can work to improve the performance around this feature.
  • Spikestrips will now randomly choose which tires to break instead of always breaking the same ones.
  • Excavation has had a few minor tweaks to what you receive and will now again give you cocaine.
  • AK12 mags may be crafted on Altis.
  • Pressing T on your crates will now open the virtual inventory (just like it does for vehicles).
  • Gang groups should allow hexes to 12 players now instead of 10.
  • APD charges have been sorted a touch.
14 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 6:

• Disabled the Asylum Exchange for at least today to see if it helps with performance.  I'll likely need to talk to Paratus about how we can work to improve the performance around this feature.
  • Spikestrips will now randomly choose which tires to break instead of always breaking the same ones.
  • Excavation has had a few minor tweaks to what you receive and will now again give you cocaine.
  • Pressing T on your crates will now open the virtual inventory (just like it does for vehicles).

omg Police patch, why are rebels never getting anything...

HenryHoover likes this
16 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 6:

Wait, police have spikestrips? /shrug

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 6:

@bamf can you give us a mailbox... i need the mats sitting in my mailbox. rip q_q

Possibly look at re-working the  war system. I linked the 2 possible changelog at the time the lag started happening, and the War Season was up there.

People don't even care about the 'new' War System because
1. It's still broken and been broken for a long time
2. Season's haven't been reset so why should gangs be competitive about it. In Elysium, we don't even war anymore.
3. We were told there would be a leader-board for gangs based on the War Rating, that hasn't happened.

Just get rid of it imo and re-work it. Many people are speculating this alongside the AE are causing the issues we are having now as both of them were adding within a short time of each other around the time the lag started.

12 minutes ago, william said:

Maybe all this lag is from the Toxicity from its players and the server got bored of it and is now kicking everyone? Lets all not be toxic for a few days, see if i fixes it :P

Several members of the community have been channeling too much negative energy through side chat.

On 9/9/2016 at 5:45 PM, bamf said:

For now, the Kavala instant respawn is not considered an exploit.  It is typically a bad idea to assault that particular cop base as there is no restriction preventing cops from respawning there.  

Kavala is a garrison for the APD... Behind all of those locked doors in the HQ, a SWAT team is ready to deploy and go to town