Change log 7.7.0

bamf

they may have nerfed lethal but that just makes robo cops when they down u they give that full ticket. and only reason they nerfed is when admins was playing with fsa (group of 20+) gang a certain cop was sniping at them using lethal rounds and kept coming back to get the kills since the cop couldn't restrain them since there was 2 many against him. and the admins got upset since they was dying losing their bountys to a solo cop. so they changed the pay out

Phil. likes this
Just now, AegonTargaryenTv said:

like they didnt nerf lethal income :shrug:

That hardly effects it and it's still the best way to make money.  I make most of my money on cop from arrest.  All it did was stop all the 'accidental' lethals.  And I should add, i'm not calling for cop income to be nerfed but for civ money making to be way less grindy and generally all jobs pay more.  The trend on Asylum has always been to nerf every job but meth.

Phil. and Big Bird like this
4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

(That poll also contains votes from less than 5% of our daily UU's; so it's the vocal minority)

That can be said about literally every fucking video game.  Most people don't use the forums for video games, it's always more dedicated players.  Using your logic, no game developers should ever nerf or buff anything because the people who use their forums, reddit, ect do not make up the unique users count.  Why even make a suggestion if your thinking is just going to be "Eh, just people on the forums, doesn't make up muh unique users"

Having the attitude of we know best and we're never wrong gets you server 6.  You don't have too many unique users going there because you never listened to your 'vocal minority' as you put it.

Big Bird and Phil. like this
Just now, Vortex said:

Server 1 isn't playable right now, every 5-10 minutes server crashes and everyone gets kicked, seems like it happened ever since the patch, can this be confirmed this is ddos or is something wrong in the patch causing it?

It's neither actually. There is a memory leak that m the Arma server that I'm trying various methods to work around. 

2 minutes ago, Haych said:

But it's something within Asylum that is causing it, wether that's hardware or something in the mission file. Asylum is literally the only server experiencing these memory issues.

Exactly, this is what everyone is trying to point out but devs just refuse to acknowledge. Asylum is the only life server with this much problems 

Keneith, 544heu and Haych like this
On 16/09/2016 at 5:54 PM, bamf said:

Drug runners are now requiring pilots of higher skill.

You can be the best pilot in arma 3 and you'll still have people who sit on the runway and kill you for all your earnings or kill you just so you lose 15k. I've seen a big increase in people doing this too lately hence why there has been a decrease in the amount doing those missions.

13 minutes ago, Haych said:

But it's something within Asylum that is causing it, wether that's hardware or something in the mission file. Asylum is literally the only server experiencing these memory issues.

The thing that is so odd (to me at least) is that the only difference between Altis and Tanoa in terms of code, is the mission file itself.  The features and everything are identical.  It's one code base.  I'll dig through the mission file though...

16 minutes ago, bamf said:

The thing that is so odd (to me at least) is that the only difference between Altis and Tanoa in terms of code, is the mission file itself.  The features and everything are identical.  It's one code base.  I'll dig through the mission file though...

Haven't checked Tanoa popularity but does the server hit 70+ players?

Usually all the lag and kicks start happening on Altis as soon as the server hits 70+. When it's -70 the server runs smoothly without any issues. This is going to be a bold move and may effect things in the long run, but maybe reduce 2 of the 4 servers to 70 slot until you find and fix the issue. It's at the stage now Asylum is completely unplayable during peak times. Not only is it effecting active players like us, its for sure damaging the new player population. Anyone who is new and experiences these kicks during their first runs, they will just leave and find another server to play on because why should they bother.

explicit likes this
10 minutes ago, Haych said:

Not only is it effecting active players like us, its for sure damaging the new player population. Anyone who is new and experiences these kicks during their first runs, they will just leave and find another server to play on because why should they bother.

Couldn't agree more.

What's the point in sticking to a server that won't even support one run?

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

We opened a ticket with the hosting company. There is one thing that could be causing this potentially. 

The problem is OVH, they aren't very good. I had a poor experience with them too when my servers would peak in player count. Go with NFO and this probably will not happen. You get what you pay for and OVH is cheap for a reason. Support ticket will result in some guy from Quebec telling you everything looks good on their end. Try a new host as an experiment and see.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The problem is OVH, they aren't very good. I had a poor experience with them too when my servers would peak in player count. Go with NFO and this probably will not happen. You get what you pay for and OVH is cheap for a reason. Support ticket will result in some guy from Quebec telling you everything looks good on their end. Try a new host as an experiment and see.

OVH's network is horrible in regards to consistency, ping spikes every few hours for some regions, complete outages at times for other regions, they just aren't the best for a game such as Arma where the slightest crash can cause you to die. This is all understandable however as their network is crowded af when compared to others networks such as Choopa. 

I personally now run a server from ReliableSite which can be more expensive if you aren't going for the community deals they are offering which contain some nicer older generation servers (Ivy Bridge and Haswell) which still get the job done nearly as well as their current generation counterparts. Only downside to going with a smaller network however is the DDoS protection, you'll have to find some third party solution to handle this as no network is going to be able to compete with OVH's protection for the small price of freeeeeeeeeee.

Edited by Deny

Can confirm that i am starting to lose faith.. (not in the development of the server, but just in the performance alone) Not a day has gone by for the past 4-5 months, where i dont get kicked, vehicles fly through the air, or people start firing 12 gauges at me. I know you guys are trying and i appreciate that, but this shit has gone on far too long.

This next statement may seem a little mean but you guys hid behind "its DDoS" for 3 months, and when people started figuring out that was bullshit, you tried headless client. It is beyond belief that now is the first time you are putting in a support ticket at OVH. If my server started having obvious network issues that would be the first thing i would do.

So my first hypothesis remains, the server hardware was downgraded in order to cut costs. If this is true, i (and the rest of the community) would like to know. I know you like to keep the backend of asylum confidential but when your servers cant even sustain more than 70-80 people on them, there is an issue. Like i said in a previous post, If this is the case, ill help pay even though im already level 5 donor and im sure many others would as well.

Sincerely, The asylum community

Google™ likes this
58 minutes ago, Deny said:

Only downside to going with a smaller network however is the DDoS protection, you'll have to find some third party solution to handle this as no network is going to be able to compete with OVH's protection for the small price of freeeeeeeeeee.

I would prefer a few ddos kicks a day compared to the servers completely dying and kicking people every 30 mins.

Seems like a pretty positive trade off with how the servers have been lately.

Please stop ignoring me... I just want drug runs to not such as much ass as they do rn. Don't get me wrong they make good money still but, I don't believe it would hurt to at least bump the price's up a little.(see look I am not trolling guys I am good person @bamf no points me lub all pls)

b242edd073cebe2094995eb2f27cb895.png Please no points this man women hits me when I do bad... PLEASE!

Edited by Gubber Flexx
On September 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM, BrutaL said:

like i said, you don't lose money from your bank account for failing a meth run.

you can post memes as a way to try and correct your losing argument all you want

you lose in a different way like ingredients,time,gear and maybe vehicle if chopped.