Change Log 7.7.2

Paratus

47 minutes ago, Psycotic said:

Hey are the servers back to normal or are they still messed up? I haven't been playing recently due to my CPU dying. 

I can't speak for the other servers, but sever one has been having memory leaks that pop up randomly for everyone. Not 100% sure as to the cause, since it's mostly speculation and theories.

Edited by KrazyKnight
10 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

This is a business, first and foremost. It would be nice if they were to write a short statement about what's going on. It's just bad PR, it has nothing to do with making me happy in particular. 

Stop acting so entitled when you have no idea as to what is actually happening behind the scenes.

Also

This is not a business. 

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Paratus owns a business. Identity is the product of that business.

Asylum is something Paratus does in his free time. Therefore Asylum is not associated with the business.

If you're not capable of understanding something that simple, you're going to have a pretty difficult time going through life.

I own a business myself - not having too much of a difficult time in life. I can GUARANTEE you that Asylum is part of the business. Because he accepts payments through a business Paypal account associated with the business name. He would be FOOLISH to not claim this as income for his corporation. Taxes are much higher if he claims as self employment income on his own income return. Regardless, I REALLY DON'T CARE. I'm not sure why it continues to be brought up. It's pretty much irrelevant. I was just saying we'd like an update if we could get one.

Edited by ₴avagє
bigjohn561 likes this
13 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

I'm willing to bet it is a registered LLC. Making it a business. Regardless, all I'm saying is it would be nice to hear from the developers from time to time when there are issues as severe as there have been the last few days. Does that make me a bad person? For caring about what's going on with the servers? Many people have a ton of time and money invested in their hobby and care about what's going on. While they may not OWE us anything, it would be good to hear what's going on. 

2 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

I own a business myself - not having too much of a difficult time in life. I can GUARANTEE you that Asylum is part of the business. Because he accepts payments through a business Paypal account associated with the business name. He would be FOOLISH to not claim this as income for his corporation. Taxes are much higher if he claims as self employment income on his own income return. Regardless, I REALLY DON'T CARE. I'm not sure why it continues to be brought up. It's pretty much irrelevant. I was just saying we'd like an update if we could get one.

You are a fucking idiot

Edited by Ranger
HomeTrlx and Heidelberg like this
10 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

they are DONATIONS to keep the server running so he doesn't have to pay for it out of his own pocket. Am i right? @Gnashes

8 hours ago, Ranger said:

You are a fucking idiot

Ouch. How will I handle such a horrid attack on the internet?

17 minutes ago, william said:

they are DONATIONS to keep the server running so he doesn't have to pay for it out of his own pocket. Am i right? @Gnashes

DONATIONS are TAXABLE as INCOME. Anything over $20,000 a year automatically generates a 1099 at Paypal (though you are technically responsible for every dollar you receive if you receive less than that in a year). Example: if you receive $5000 on Paypal, they do not generate a tax form or report to the IRS, but if you are found not reporting to the IRS you will be committing tax fraud. And yes, if he does report his income, he can then write off the cost of the servers so that he does not pay taxes on that income.

Example:
He receives 35,000 in donations a year. Servers cost $10,000 a year to run.
His taxable income is now $25,000 a year for his business (this business line).

Because he is a corporation he receives better tax rates than someone who is a sole proprietor (basically self employment tax rate). Yes I am aware he is in Canada but I assume the benefits are similar in paying as a corporation vs sole proprietor. 

Edited by ₴avagє
Professor Pericles and Kettles like this
59 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

Ouch. How will I handle such a horrid attack on the internet?

DONATIONS are TAXABLE as INCOME. Anything over $20,000 a year automatically generates a 1099 at Paypal (though you are technically responsible for every dollar you receive if you receive less than that in a year). Example: if you receive $5000 on Paypal, they do not generate a tax form or report to the IRS, but if you are found not reporting to the IRS you will be committing tax fraud. And yes, if he does report his income, he can then write off the cost of the servers so that he does not pay taxes on that income.

Example:
He receives 35,000 in donations a year. Servers cost $10,000 a year to run.
His taxable income is now $25,000 a year for his business (this business line).

Because he is a corporation he receives better tax rates than someone who is a sole proprietor (basically self employment tax rate). Yes I am aware he is in Canada but I assume the benefits are similar in paying as a corporation vs sole proprietor. 

Lucky him, wish I lived in Canada......

5 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

when asylum obviuslly sells stuff through "donations" and its still up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xu5sIy0TlI

If you are on the approved list, you can sell items, so it's perfectly fine, it just clearly states that it is no longer a donation but rather a sale. However, currently, Asylum is no longer on the approved list because of whatever happened recently.

Just now, Haych said:

If you are on the approved list, you can sell items, so it's perfectly fine, it just clearly states that it is no longer a donation but rather a sale. However, currently, Asylum is no longer on the approved list because of whatever happened recently.

im sure they will do whatever it takes to get back on that list cause loot crates make them shit tone of money.

9 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

im sure they will do whatever it takes to get back on that list cause loot crates make them shit tone of money.

Yeah obviously. I'm just wondering what caused Battle Eye to get disabled error message this time round

Edited by Haych
7 minutes ago, Haych said:

They have and where. They just get taken off every-time they are in violation of the rules which has been about what, 4 times?

They were on a list that allowed them to accept donations, I dont know of any list that allows you to sell/restrict Arma items in game by donations/pay levels. The entire point of the system is to verify all things are available without a paywall outside of cosmetic changes ie skins.

18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

They were on a list that allowed them to accept donations, I dont know of any list that allows you to sell/restrict Arma items in game by donations/pay levels. The entire point of the system is to verify all things are available without a paywall outside of cosmetic changes ie skins.

You can accept donations whether you are on that list or not, it doesn't effect donations what so ever. Once you start giving items alongside Donations it no longer classifies as a donation but rather a sale of items (monetising your server), and thats when the approved list comes into place.

You need to be on the list to give 'perks' and 'items' to users that are paying money.