Change Log 7.7.2

Paratus

20 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

I own a business myself - not having too much of a difficult time in life. I can GUARANTEE you that Asylum is part of the business. Because he accepts payments through a business Paypal account associated with the business name. He would be FOOLISH to not claim this as income for his corporation. Taxes are much higher if he claims as self employment income on his own income return. Regardless, I REALLY DON'T CARE. I'm not sure why it continues to be brought up. It's pretty much irrelevant. I was just saying we'd like an update if we could get one.

I own a donut shop.

I sell repair and build pc's for people on the side.

Apples and Oranges.

(I actually do neither of those things)

39 minutes ago, DreamC said:

I own a donut shop.

I sell repair and build pc's for people on the side.

Apples and Oranges.

(I actually do neither of those things)

It's actually exactly the same. In the eyes of Paypal and the government, anyway. But I'm not going to sit here and argue with people who don't pay self employment/corporation taxes via revenue from Paypal.

Edited by ₴avagє
12 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

It's actually exactly the same. In the eyes of Paypal and the government, anyway. But I'm not going to sit here and argue with people who don't pay self employment/corporation taxes via revenue from Paypal.

Im still confused at why this matters at all?  Asylum Entertainment has been a thing for a while now... Whether you want to call it income or not makes no difference on whether or not he is required to give you information if he chooses not to.  If they sale all the money from Arma goes to running the Arma servers we have 0 reason to doubt that.  They are constantly working on the coding and hardware/dataceter stuff to try and make the best game possible.  Is it agitating that there are issues? Of course, are they working to fix that stuff? Constantly.  Just because Paratus or Bamf doesnt give you an update every 10 minutes or every time they change a piece of code that they think will help doesnt mean they are ignoring it.  If you think you can find/fix and issue in the code then feel free to open the mission file and take a look, Bamf is more than receptive of legit feedback and possible cleaning up/fixing of code.  

TLDR: Its none of anyones business how Paratus claims donations on his taxes, and if you have a problem with the code help fix it and stop crying about it.

Mike Stmria likes this
18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Im still confused at why this matters at all?  Asylum Entertainment has been a thing for a while now... Whether you want to call it income or not makes no difference on whether or not he is required to give you information if he chooses not to.  If they sale all the money from Arma goes to running the Arma servers we have 0 reason to doubt that.  They are constantly working on the coding and hardware/dataceter stuff to try and make the best game possible.  Is it agitating that there are issues? Of course, are they working to fix that stuff? Constantly.  Just because Paratus or Bamf doesnt give you an update every 10 minutes or every time they change a piece of code that they think will help doesnt mean they are ignoring it.  If you think you can find/fix and issue in the code then feel free to open the mission file and take a look, Bamf is more than receptive of legit feedback and possible cleaning up/fixing of code.  

TLDR: Its none of anyones business how Paratus claims donations on his taxes, and if you have a problem with the code help fix it and stop crying about it.

Hot wings I understand you want the admins to like you. For the admins to like you, you need a fresh pair of these.knee-pad1.jpg

Jwilly and SeriousRob like this
12 minutes ago, House. said:

Hot wings I understand you want the admins to like you. For the admins to like you, you need a fresh pair of these.knee-pad1.jpg

I couldnt care less if the admins like me. Its honestly crazy that you people have no respect for the people who are working their asses off. Im just tired of you shit bags acting like entitled little rich kiddies.  

Le Razoir likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

On 10/26/2016 at 11:03 AM, ₴avagє said:

I'm willing to bet it is a registered LLC. Making it a business. Regardless, all I'm saying is it would be nice to hear from the developers from time to time when there are issues as severe as there have been the last few days. Does that make me a bad person? For caring about what's going on with the servers? Many people have a ton of time and money invested in their hobby and care about what's going on. While they may not OWE us anything, it would be good to hear what's going on. 

On 10/22/2016 at 2:52 PM, bamf said:

No, it wasn't Haych. 

On 10/26/2016 at 11:34 AM, bamf said:

Savage-  

S3 crashed overnight.  I was asleep.  I got up this AM and checked the servers (at about 6:30 AM my time) like I do every morning.  I saw S3 had crashed, and I restarted it.  

> Every 10 minutes
> 10/22/2016 14:52 to 10/26/16 11:34
> That's actually 5562 minutes.
> 5562 is the new 10.

Edited by ₴avagє
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

I couldnt care less if the admins like me. Its honestly crazy that you people have no respect for the people who are working their asses off. Im just tired of you shit bags acting like entitled little rich kiddies.  

I respect people that respect others @Gnashesis not one of those people, if you ever have said anything about him or have an opinion on him that he doesn't favor he'll bm the fuck outta you. I know first hand. The people I respect are the actual devs including paratus which many of you think he's silent but he's doing just as much as bamf in different ways.

and for that last sentence in your pointless rant over a joke a lot of the people on here want to hear from the devs because we've donated a massive amount of money to asylum, whether it's privately buying money, buying loot crate keys or donating money for donor levels that are at this moment obsolete. So yes a lot of us feel we deserve a roadmap or a statement on the servers, their performance and the future of asylum. That doesn't mean we'll get it but we at least want it because for a lot of us this hobby is an investment aka buying money to enjoy the game (cartels) or for loot crate items that are end game content like coveralls csat ghillies or even ifrit skins. I've bought literally over a hundred dollars in keys and hundreds in money just to enjoy asylum I for sure want to know what's going on, even if it is just a "hobby" which if it is it sure is a enormously profitable hobby at this point.

10 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I question and/or opine on people opinions and facts. Sometimes I do so in a manner that isn't particularly favorable to the person who gave the opinion or stated the fact.

I don't care if you agree with me or not. But you do not treat others as you have been treated.  Again, I'm not bothered by it. I just opine that it is not factual.

Edited by ₴avagє
Destrah likes this
1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Indeed my good man!

Was a shame when I saw it happen last; you were just enjoying watching the police attempt to catch mine Ifrit and me.

The funny part is; I've never desired to be the one in power of anything.

I'm perfectly content with having just enough authority/access to fall into the "is extremely useful as a supporting role" category. I let other people take the time to make the decisions; I just run with things once the part that takes too much time is over.

You are just missunderstood, but so was Vincent van Gogh.

People will be people, specially on the internet they can be dreadful people. 

5 hours ago, House. said:

people on here want to hear from the devs because we've donated a massive amount of money to asylum, whether it's privately buying money, buying loot crate keys or donating money for donor levels

I have buy/donated a ton of stuff in MMarlboro products to enjoy more  my life smoking their cigarettes, I have no interest in knowing the development in health issues they can could or are doing with that money, all I want is a cigarette. 

Same with Asylum, I have donated money to enjoy stuff that I like. I have no interest on what are they doing every 5 mins or if they are shaking or not, I just enjoy the money I´ve already spent. Cause I don´t see people asking blizzard what are they doing with the money the spent/donated to them while getting stuff. Cause they just enjoy the game, and I could go on.

When you are old enough you will understand that life and people in life don´t give you explanation to things you want to know even if you contribute to them, get used to it.

:D

(thats for everyone complaining about not being informed of stuff) 

dat_iceman and HotWings like this
14 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

(thats for everyone complaining about not being informed of stuff) 

It's not about constantly knowing development things, its more about informing the community on such matters in a short explanation about major issues, and whats being done to fix them. Especially with events where the servers are becoming unplayable. Its good to inform and announce whats happening to the community. 

When no such announcement happens, the forums get flooded with the same post over and over again. Again, props to Olio for attempting to inform us, but he only knows so little about said issues.

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

What's the error message?

I've been playing BF1 in wha tlittle free time I've had this week.

This is the message that pops up for everyone when the server crashes out:

M8dJVcF.jpg

It seems as if someone is using an injector to try to hack the server and it crashes as a result and gives that error. Well either that or its just BI's crappy 32 bit memory limit.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
1 hour ago, Mike Santamaria said:

I have buy/donated a ton of stuff in MMarlboro products to enjoy more  my life smoking their cigarettes, I have no interest in knowing the development in health issues they can could or are doing with that money, all I want is a cigarette. 

Same with Asylum, I have donated money to enjoy stuff that I like. I have no interest on what are they doing every 5 mins or if they are shaking or not, I just enjoy the money I´ve already spent. Cause I don´t see people asking blizzard what are they doing with the money the spent/donated to them while getting stuff. Cause they just enjoy the game, and I could go on.

Because you can totally compare a multi-billion dollar industry like tobacco or even a developer/publisher like Blizzard to not even a handful of doods that manage a mission file on Arma.