Fidel C4str0

Removing Split Pay

Should we remove split pay?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Split Pay?

Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

If anything we should just have the money split between cops who are in your vicinity, not across the map. It encourages some more teamwork.

Giving one person all the money shouldn't be a thing, though.

It would encourage all cops online to stick together instead of spreading out and actually having a presence in cities 

crewsk8200 likes this

Selective seizing would be nice. (More convenient than you'd think).

Radius bound payments would motivate officers to patrol in clusters motivated by greed (to a certain extent).

The APD is not a faction that is maintained to be a money making organization. Split pay allows everyone an equal share of the work being contributed by all. The officers doing "Nothing" that receive a cut are possibly afk for a short period of time to take care of something or are busy with other matters not involving the gradual succession of steps to issuing a ticket, parole or sending a detainee to jail for the instant gratification of money.

The APD is an RP based faction. The money made now due to split pay is sufficient for an officer's gear and transportation; It's fine where it is.

This is would be a minor digression back to the solo pay that induced robo-copping. 

You want to make money? Play civ, sell drugs.

Edited by Flameless
Patato likes this

15 minutes ago, bamf said:

You yearn for the day of people stealing bounties and you get nothing I guess?  I'm entertaining creating a radius for payouts, but the split is a good thing overall. 

A radius sounds wonderful. Something so if I catch a criminal and buy a few loadouts while doing it, the people who helped and I make the cash not someone just driving around.

EDIT: Every officer 500m of the suspect? This way we dont clunk in the HQ and still patrol say, Kavala. 

Edited by Fidel C4str0

15 minutes ago, bamf said:

You yearn for the day of people stealing bounties and you get nothing I guess?  I'm entertaining creating a radius for payouts, but the split is a good thing overall. 

Downing/lethaling officer should recieve a bigger cut than everyone else. 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Downing/lethaling officer should recieve a bigger cut than everyone else. 

Thats not possible to code for tracers to my knowledge and for lethaling this would just mean another extra script.

I think the radius thing could be one script applied to both aspects however

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Thats not possible to code for tracers to my knowledge and for lethaling this would just mean another extra script.

I think the radius thing could be one script applied to both aspects however

Maybe arresting/ticketing officer then? 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Maybe arresting/ticketing officer then? 

If you just make a radius script like people have suggested for years it could be applied to the officer who

1. Arrests Criminal

2. Lethal's Criminal

3. Parole or PARDONS (never understood why there wasn't something for this)????? Criminal.

3 hours ago, Flameless said:

Selective seizing would be nice. (More convenient than you'd think).

Radius bound payments would motivate officers to patrol in clusters motivated by greed (to a certain extent).

The APD is not a faction that is maintained to be a money making organization. Split pay allows everyone an equal share of the work being contributed by all. The officers doing "Nothing" that receive a cut are possibly afk for a short period of time to take care of something or are busy with other matters not involving the gradual succession of steps to issuing a ticket, parole or sending a detainee to jail for the instant gratification of money.

The APD is an RP based faction. The money made now due to split pay is sufficient for an officer's gear and transportation; It's fine where it is.

This is would be a minor digression back to the solo pay that induced robo-copping. 

You want to make money? Play civ, sell drugs.

Sounds like communism.

Flameless, McMuffin and Innate like this

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Dad, please been asking for like years

5 hours ago, bamf said:

@bamf radius for payouts + removal of the 150k cap would be a godsend. 

P.S. Raise the lethal payout too. That "fix" in code you and gnashes did was overboard. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz

Remove the 150k cap for arrests, that is all. Really disheartening to officers when you put alot of effort into catching a 1 mil bounty to just receive a 20k payout. It's like a big "fuck your effort" basically. 

Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

Remove the 150k cap for arrests, that is all. Really disheartening to officers when you put alot of effort into catching a 1 mil bounty to just receive a 20k payout. It's like a big "fuck your effort" basically. 

+1 

Like @bamfsaid, I, myself don't believe that it should be an all for one system nor a one for all method. It should be based on proximity as multiple officers might be coordinating to catch a fugitive while others are in Kavala eating paste. I like the idea of using a radius based system if it could be properly implemented.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

10 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

^^

Just now, Gnashes said:

Cops are supposed to catch criminals and safely deliver them into the criminal justice system, not murder them. There will always be heavy penalties for lethaling.

I could always make the officer involved pay restitution to the victim's family. :kappa:

what about removing arrest cap? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Cops are supposed to catch criminals and safely deliver them into the criminal justice system, not murder them. There will always be heavy penalties for lethaling.

I could always make the officer involved pay restitution to the victim's family. :kappa:

Make them stand trial and have them answer to the people of kavala

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Haven't you been watching the news? It's a lethal first policy these days.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Emma and BlackShot like this

15 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

+1 This is asinine.

19 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Ah the days of Slittcer selling thousands of dollars worth of Asylum money.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, Fidel C4str0 said:

Title says it all. Vote in the poll for devs to see. Tired of catching 50k bounties to only make 5k for buying 3 loadouts worth 9k.

I played when this server first opened and quit playing as cop for the opposite of this. I think the split within 1Km is amazing.