Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Quit crying about toxicity you babies, back in the day some of the shit people said was way worse, if someone is toxic to you instead of being a pussy and not fighting, why not take the fight to them and kick their ass,gurantee that will shUT them up. Cyber bullying doesn't excist unless you let them get to you.

Edited by Diseased
Lister, Brutus, Patrick and 2 others like this

Sean, there is no such thing as too close to warning points to me. Leggo - Sugarmong just stfu and leave. They know the issues and they are capable of fixing shit, it's a matter of if they want to "fix" stuff in our eyes as gang members to bring back gangs. But these goodbye posts are fucking useless. I'm quitting asylum but you don't see me making a wall of text bitching and moaning about everything. Just shut your mouth and leave. Sorry for spelling mistakes, on my phone. 

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Diseased said:

Quit crying about toxicity you babies, back in the day some of the shit people said was way worse, if someone is toxic to you instead of being a pussy and not fighting, why not take the fight to them and kick their ass,gurantee that will shUT them up. Cyber bullying doesn't excist unless you let them get to you.

People do fight, but its always a lose lose situation when people do stupid things regardless of the outcome. I personally dont care what anyone says about me, but that doesn't make it okay for everyone to go around saying wild shit about each other. You sure seem to get offended when Envy made personal attacks against you.

Just now, Scott said:

Sean, there is no such thing as too close to warning points to me. Leggo - Sugarmong just stfu and leave. They know the issues and they are capable of fixing shit, it's a matter of if they want to "fix" stuff in our eyes as gang members to bring back gangs. But these goodbye posts are fucking useless. I'm quitting asylum but you don't see me making a wall of text bitching and moaning about everything. Just shut your mouth and leave. Sorry for spelling mistakes, on my phone. 

:ph34r:

I stated that there is no point in progressing, it had nothing to do with a quiting or a good bye. You didnt read it, it was long as fuck i dont blame you. But I just stated an opinion that there was no reason to progress imo, thats all

36 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I mean I could be a hipocrit and call out half of synergy for having AHK on there computer - but that is again a witch hunt and its not right eithor.

giphy.gif

Anyway-

Back on track.  The decision was made by an appointed community leader and other appointed admins.  

Well some people are gone because of it, good riddance. You shit the bed. Best of luck somewhere else or ban evading.

The player in question I don't really know of other than a limited skirmish that ended with a lot of sidechat cartel fighting that was defended by yours truly.   

The fact is - it really doesn't matter what the community or anyone else thinks.  Leniency should NOT be taken into account if evidence is overwhelming as the videos that are easily accessible.  Unfortunate as the event may seem, a decision has been made for the better of the community.  

The adverse effect that this decision may cause is a loss of .05% to 2% of the player base.  

Bringing up other banned players, as blatant as some were (LOL @ my comp request for 32 million dollars for fighting King Identities for 3 months), is completely moot in this thread.  

You guys need to realize this isn't a democracy.  

HapHazard likes this
10 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Alright, this thread is rapidly turning into a dumpster fire. Let's see if we can get this back on track. Or at least a little less off track. 

1) Toxicity is out of hand. I agree. If the community would like to see change in this area, you have several options. Lobby the CM's for stricter behavioral guidelines. Make a conscious effort to not propagate this type of behavior, e.g. not giving the desired response when this stuff goes on in side chat. Lastly and perhaps most effectively, the community comes together to boycott this toxic behavior. Condition people to understand that acting like an ass, gets you precisely nothing. No fun fights, no fun roleplay, no reduced tickets, no attention of any kind. If you want to act like an ass, enjoy being a pariah. 

2) It is a concern that some people use the APD as a vehicle for messing with people they don't like. Ultimately that's probably not going to be an easy thing to change. It's a large issue that is very difficult to control for. However, if everyone could just acknowledge that everyone, even people they don't like are just trying to relax and enjoy a game, I think we could see some major improvements in this area.

As for admin bias, there are some cases where we could improve on this. We often are too lenient with veteran players. It's not intentional, but it seems to go that way. As for banning people we dislike, most of the time if there is a player we have an issue with, we simple hand the matter to a different admin. But incidents involving personal feelings are so incredibly rare, it hardly merits a mention. After a while, all bans and reports just become numbers and letters. You look at the evidence, you see they broke a rule, you look at their prior history and assign the appropriate number of days. It's not a matter of like or dislike, it's a matter of did or did not.

There can of course be significant discrepancies in the appeals process however. But 99% of the time, that comes down to a disparity in personal skills. Someone who is contrite and affable will fare much better than someone who comes in with an attitude and starts bandying about their innocence in the face of clear proof. So most of the time, it comes down to understand of the rules, attitude and likelihood of recidivism. 

3) Agreed. It's a pain to take it all away, it's obnoxious when people are like, "wait wut? I cant hazz 40 million cash? i dinn no!!" And considering how easy it is to get caught, it's not worth your time to hide it. Just don't. 

4) Gang life dying is a complex and debatable issue. The super gang style is dead. It's just not feasible anymore. Many would contend that this is a good thing. However the health of more moderate gangs is a concern at the moment. Some contend that lacking financial incentives and inability to stockpile money is the primary factor, others assert the toxic environment to be causal. I personally believe that it has more to do with fighting other gangs being highly unpleasant, but can agree that cartel incentives are perhaps a touch thin at the moment. But that's really an issue deserve of it's own discussion, entirely divorced from the chaos of this thread. 

POST LIKED.

11 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

gtFhZLs.gif

POST LIKED.

im out of LIKES :(

13 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

This isn't Just about my gang, im Tired of seeing everyone call Bad blood Cheaters, Call Insanity Exploiters, Call Envy lag switchers, while I can't say that I havn't said it my self when I get angry or salty , but its just too much. The second someone from lets face it, X gang or Y gang that has good ties with the admins points a finger a fucking witch hunt goes out. 

by the way just saying anyone that calls anyone in insanity an exploiter is 100% correct i abuse the toolkit glitch about 40 times a day when i actually play

Tiger likes this
4 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

People do fight, but its always a lose lose situation when people do stupid things regardless of the outcome. I personally dont care what anyone says about me, but that doesn't make it okay for everyone to go around saying wild shit about each other. You sure seem to get offended when Envy made personal attacks against you.

You are retarded if you think I give 2 shits about little 15 year old bitches think about me.

3 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

4) Gang life dying is a complex and debatable issue. The super gang style is dead. It's just not feasible anymore. Many would contend that this is a good thing. However the health of more moderate gangs is a concern at the moment. Some contend that lacking financial incentives and inability to stockpile money is the primary factor, others assert the toxic environment to be causal. I personally believe that it has more to do with fighting other gangs being highly unpleasant, but can agree that cartel incentives are perhaps a touch thin at the moment. But that's really an issue deserve of it's own discussion, entirely divorced from the chaos of this thread. 

You have a good point. Personally I can get pretty heated by side chat, which makes me not want to fight at all. Too much shit talk in sidechat, and suddenly you feel like your entire reputation is on the line if you lose the fight. Nobody wants to attack unless they're super confident. It's a disadvantage that you can't afford to take after talking that much shit. It is also the reason, I don't want to lead another gang atm, because I simply can't stand rivalling gangs joining our server and talking shit in side chat until we give them multiple fights, and then continuing the shit talk regardless of the outcome of the fights. Don't get me wrong, I love fighting cartels, but the sidechat that comes with it really takes away from the enjoyment.

The problem is honestly caused by very little moderation by the admins, and the fact that most competitive cartel fighters are teenagers. I would advice the admins to perhaps step in once in a while (you're watching Spark anyway), and perhaps disable sidechat for anyone inside a cartel zone.

Patrick, Haych, Glo and 2 others like this
1 minute ago, Clint Beastwood said:

giphy.gif

Anyway-

Back on track.  The decision was made by an appointed community leader and other appointed admins.  

Well some people are gone because of it, good riddance. You shit the bed. Best of luck somewhere else or ban evading.

The player in question I don't really know of other than a limited skirmish that ended with a lot of sidechat cartel fighting that was defended by yours truly.   

The fact is - it really doesn't matter what the community or anyone else thinks.  Leniency should NOT be taken into account if evidence is overwhelming as the videos that are easily accessible.  Unfortunate as the event may seem, a decision has been made for the better of the community.  

The adverse effect that this decision may cause is a loss of .05% to 2% of the player base.  

Bringing up other banned players, as blatant as some were (LOL @ my comp request for 32 million dollars for fighting King Identities for 3 months), is completely moot in this thread.  

You guys need to realize this isn't a democracy.  

Yeah , I mean that does make sense. Its just my opinion , and I understand it doesnt make it correct.

Clint Beastwood likes this
1 minute ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

by the way just saying anyone that calls anyone in insanity an exploiter is 100% correct i abuse the toolkit glitch about 40 times a day when i actually play

It was more along the point of, I have seen gangs that dont even fight cartels call X gang or Y gangs things that they have no idea about solely based on what they read somewhere else

9 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I stated that there is no point in progressing, it had nothing to do with a quiting or a good bye. You didnt read it, it was long as fuck i dont blame you. But I just stated an opinion that there was no reason to progress imo, thats all

The thread started as a "goodbye, I'm quitting til you fix this stuff" thread. You're so heated you can't even remember what you're fucking talking about

Clint Beastwood likes this
5 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

This is why i have always secretly been a fanboy of synergy/serenity. Never seen you guys talk shit in sidechat. 

#inb4dickridingreplies:(

FUCK FORUMS ON PHONE I QUOTED BIKSTOK

They have plenty as well, they just know when to drop it better then others

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

The thread started as a "goodbye, I'm quitting til you fix this stuff" thread. You're so heated you can't even remember what you're fucking talking about

Re read it - I stated I still love playing arma and asylum, but theres just no point in trying to be a good gang anymore is what I was saying or atleast thats what I was trying to say

25 minutes ago, Diseased said:

This right here is the fundamental disconnect man. It's not about some cyber bullying horseshit. It's about having a pleasant experience in a video game. 

People have thousands of options, why would they come to the one where they have to listen to prepubescent, virtual tough guys throwing their insults all over the place?

It's kind of like the reason dave and buster's does better than chuck-e-cheese. Because the ball pit at Dave and Buster's isn't full of little kid vomit.

Some people are too sensitive, some people need to learn some basic courtesy. If we can meet in the middle, our community will be better for it. 

HapHazard, Bikstok and rngr like this
Just now, Buckwalter said:

This right here is the fundamental disconnect man. It's not about some cyber bullying horseshit. It's about having a pleasant experience in a video game. 

People have thousands of options, why would they come to the one where they have to listen to prepubescent, virtual tough guys throwing their insults all over the place?

It's kind of like the reason dave and buster's does better than chuck-e-cheese. Because the ball pit at Dave and Buster's isn't full of little kid vomit.

Some people are too sensitive, some people need to learn some basic courtesy. If we can meet in the middle, our community will be better for it. 

Disable side chat through your phone if you can't handle it.

kryptonthegamer likes this
Just now, Buckwalter said:

Exactly my point, Im not talking about the trash talk, im not saying be friends and only say GF. Im saying leave it the fuck alone when you start going into peoples lives and race and the whole island of bull shit that goes past that. Ive just been watching people go at each others throats lately with any google evidence they can find about each other. Like is it worth all that energy?

Just now, Diseased said:

I like it when people shit talk me, makes it more interesting. We are on the internet boys, if someone is harassing you over and over again then maybe it would get annoying but someone saying "your shit" shouldn't make you angry. 

#Seminar w/ Freakkazoid

Ive watched Envy lay into you about your weight class and wrestling to the point where you were heated. You cant deny any of that, and its retarded that anyone would even go that far

Just now, Diseased said:

Doesn't bother me and and only time I get heated is when people do dumbshit, cheat, or lagswitch.

Fair enough, and thats respectable. Not everyone is as collected as you are, and I feel bad for them honestly. Personally i could care less as well, but that doesn't mean the guy next to me feels the same

Honestly, after seeing that some members are blatantly cheating and have yet to be banned I might have to follow in Pieter's Footsteps. :D   

On February 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Pieter said:

When i try to join the asylum servers about when to get the respawn select screenthis happens: ITS ONLY ON ASYLUM SERVERS

3c308fb73350423410d713a6a6b743ba.png

NO ITS NOT MY CHEATS

Just now, Hiraku said:

Are you trying to say Status_Access_Violation is a cheat crashing?

Oh jesus.

That's not at all what i'm trying to say. 

I'm just stating that there are some members of this community that are really sketchy and yet no action has been taken against them. for instance, pre-firing and winning 1vs7