Jump to content
mcohen27

The prison system needs to be revamped!

Recommended Posts

When discussing positive changes we can do with Asylum I think a focal point or at least a consideration should be towards the prison system. I think dividing this into sections is the best approach, because some may not be possible or not needed.  This is all my opinion, and I think a positive discourse with this matter is warranted because everyone who has played Asylum for any good length of time has encountered or has been annoyed at how the prison system is designed. Change #1, reduce prison sentencing. I, for the life of me, do not understand who thought a 44min prison sentence was a great idea to help build immersion. Waiting over 40 minutes to just play the game is an idiotic and callous design choice and brings nothing but frustration and people who will just AFK for the duration and not engaged in the world. I understand the expression "if you cant do the time dont do the crime," but this is not real life, this is a video game that people may only have a certain amount of time to actually play and since there is literally nothing to do but stand or runaway the prison I think a massive reduction is needed. Change #2, bring parole back. If prison reduction is not an option I think the parole system was a great idea to keep players playing the game and was a really cool feature that provided a "realistic" and immersive atmosphere. Assuming the parole system was not taken out for technical reason, I think this is a great design to stop players waiting inside an empty prison for 40 minutes. Change #3, change the spawn point where you are released from prison. I believe this might be the most contentious position so bare with me. The prison can be an active firefight, when a released prisoner is running around, in a red-zone, he might as well have a huge target on his head that says kill me please. Maybe spawn the player closer to the garage, or even spawn the player at a major city to alleviate them getting blasted the second they leave prison when they just waited 40 minutes. Change #4, fix laser tag and/or add more engaging content within the prison. I know, no one plays laser tag. BUT when you are in prison with nothing better to do it can be engaging content that helps pass time. Change #5, if a crime is over 50k trial by jury should be mandatory, this one is for more immersive purposes and would be a neat feature, but the cop/bounty hunter, if they send them to jail, should get the money; however, once in jail trial by jury should always be an option. I am not 100% aware of how the trial by jury system works, it seems to be a lottery system where some players get it and others dont, which is a dumb design and should be based off of crimes committed. Change #5 1/2, I think a really cool design feature, that I know will annoy the piss out of cops but is realistic, is to force cops to attend the trial by jury proceedings and defend his reasoning's as to why the convict was sentenced to jail. This could possibly reduce the cop just sending people straight to jail, but I know that this most definitely a far-fetched idea that will never be implemented I just personally think it would be really interesting.

I know the Asylum staff is better at this than they are showing us, from my knowledge they are going to change the press plates to reduce prison time and not reduce the amount of money your bail will be, my only rebuttal to this is just reduce the prison time overall than...Some of the proposed changes might be out of reach, but above all prison time should be reduced across the board, and parole should be introduced back into the game. I hope you enjoyed reading this long rant about how much I hate the Asylum prison system. I have literally stopped playing the game for days after being sentenced to prison for 30 or more minutes. Again, this is all my opinion, go ahead and discuss and attack my arguments which I hope will at least bring a net positive to the game.     

Good Lub, Blake., .Casper and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

To get a trial you need to have a certain jail time then you can request it and people have to actually show up btw.

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t think anyone disagrees with point #1,  but the others are fine as is. Parole was removed for a reason: it was an easy out for both the officer and the criminal. As for spawning out of the prison, it’s better for people who escape to get killed instantly, as opposed to spawning next to a bunch of cops. Worst case scenario, you lose half a load out, and usually you just suicide anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Blake. said:

Blake *speaking at 10,000 words per min to a suspect who just fought cops for an hour and has zero rp other than "Fuck you* OKAY SIR HERE ARE YOUR CHARGES WOULD YOU LIKE PAROLE

Lucien likes this

Share this post


Link to post

if you don't want to read all of it, here's basically all of the things he wants changed.

 

Change #1, reduce prison sentencing

Change #2, bring parole back.

Change #3, change the spawn point where you are released from prison.

Change #4, fix laser tag and/or add more engaging content within the prison.

Change #5, if a crime is over 50k trial by jury should be mandatory

Edited by Bag Of Funyuns
Bilbo Baggins, YuSheng, Copa and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

if you don't want to read all of it, here's basically all of the things he wants changed.

 

Change #1, reduce prison sentencing

Change #2, bring parole back.

Change #3, change the spawn point where you are released from prison.

Change #4, fix laser tag and/or add more engaging content within the prison.

Change #5, if a crime is over 50k trial by jury should be mandatory

Sorry for not adding a TL:DR, but this basically sums it up. I didnt add one for a reason, because I'd rather people read the whole argument instead of just reading two words and getting triggered.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lucian said:

To get a trial you need to have a certain jail time then you can request it and people have to actually show up btw.

I actually am some what aware of this, but when you click trial by jury in jail does it proc the Asylum wide PlayerWhatever Vs. Altis go to a courthouse, or is there another layer to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, mcohen27 said:

I actually am some what aware of this, but when you click trial by jury in jail does it proc the Asylum wide PlayerWhatever Vs. Altis go to a courthouse, or is there another layer to it? 

Yeah it sends it to random people when you click it. If less than a certain number of people show up you dont get it

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bandit said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees with point #1,  but the others are fine as is. Parole was removed for a reason: it was an easy out for both the officer and the criminal. As for spawning out of the prison, it’s better for people who escape to get killed instantly, as opposed to spawning next to a bunch of cops. Worst case scenario, you lose half a load out, and usually you just suicide anyways. 

The worst case scenario is you lose like 10-15k in a loadout, its not the end of the world, but even spawning out of the redzone would be somewhat more beneficial.

Share this post


Link to post

Coming from a career level that has been playing for a long time, I don't think there is much wrong with the prison system. I will say that perhaps the bounty necessary to receive maximum jail time could be increased, the maximum prison sentence is fine to me. Many other servers have it at a much longer time. I also have mixed feelings on parole because I do think it was abused however it did give a great experience to new players who get popped on their first drug run. Regarding the way the prison is and its immersion I have a few choices for you, pick one: immersion, fun, performance. I can't remember who said it but another player in the community said it on the forums a long time ago. In a game like Arma, you often times can only choose one and if you are lucky, two. That being said, regarding the balance of rebel and the APD, I think this is very low on the scale in terms of the amount it effects the player.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

When discussing positive changes we can do with Asylum I think a focal point or at least a consideration should be towards the prison system. I think dividing this into sections is the best approach, because some may not be possible or not needed.  This is all my opinion, and I think a positive discourse with this matter is warranted because everyone who has played Asylum for any good length of time has encountered or has been annoyed at how the prison system is designed. Change #1, reduce prison sentencing. I, for the life of me, do not understand who thought a 44min prison sentence was a great idea to help build immersion. Waiting over 40 minutes to just play the game is an idiotic and callous design choice and brings nothing but frustration and people who will just AFK for the duration and not engaged in the world. I understand the expression "if you cant do the time dont do the crime," but this is not real life, this is a video game that people may only have a certain amount of time to actually play and since there is literally nothing to do but stand or runaway the prison I think a massive reduction is needed. Change #2, bring parole back. If prison reduction is not an option I think the parole system was a great idea to keep players playing the game and was a really cool feature that provided a "realistic" and immersive atmosphere. Assuming the parole system was not taken out for technical reason, I think this is a great design to stop players waiting inside an empty prison for 40 minutes. Change #3, change the spawn point where you are released from prison. I believe this might be the most contentious position so bare with me. The prison can be an active firefight, when a released prisoner is running around, in a red-zone, he might as well have a huge target on his head that says kill me please. Maybe spawn the player closer to the garage, or even spawn the player at a major city to alleviate them getting blasted the second they leave prison when they just waited 40 minutes. Change #4, fix laser tag and/or add more engaging content within the prison. I know, no one plays laser tag. BUT when you are in prison with nothing better to do it can be engaging content that helps pass time. Change #5, if a crime is over 50k trial by jury should be mandatory, this one is for more immersive purposes and would be a neat feature, but the cop/bounty hunter, if they send them to jail, should get the money; however, once in jail trial by jury should always be an option. I am not 100% aware of how the trial by jury system works, it seems to be a lottery system where some players get it and others dont, which is a dumb design and should be based off of crimes committed. Change #5 1/2, I think a really cool design feature, that I know will annoy the piss out of cops but is realistic, is to force cops to attend the trial by jury proceedings and defend his reasoning's as to why the convict was sentenced to jail. This could possibly reduce the cop just sending people straight to jail, but I know that this most definitely a far-fetched idea that will never be implemented I just personally think it would be really interesting.

I know the Asylum staff is better at this than they are showing us, from my knowledge they are going to change the press plates to reduce prison time and not reduce the amount of money your bail will be, my only rebuttal to this is just reduce the prison time overall than...Some of the proposed changes might be out of reach, but above all prison time should be reduced across the board, and parole should be introduced back into the game. I hope you enjoyed reading this long rant about how much I hate the Asylum prison system. I have literally stopped playing the game for days after being sentenced to prison for 30 or more minutes. Again, this is all my opinion, go ahead and discuss and attack my arguments which I hope will at least bring a net positive to the game.     

You should write a book

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...