Change Log 7.3.3

Paratus

5 minutes ago, boomheadshot69 said:

what if right when i have to take a shit, i get apb targeted? usually if nature calls i just log out till i get back and sit in the lobby so im not afk captured or killed or something. with this apb thing would i need to take a picture or video of me shitting now to verify that i had a reason to log out when im hit with an apb notice to not get banned?

I am literally gonna send pictures of me pooping to @bamf every time i log out with a APB. Thank you.

Gnashes was referring to people who drop to lobby and log back in less than 30 seconds later just to drop your ability to track them. This is most def an exploit and logging to avoid a role play scenario.  It honestly baffles me that his words were so misconstrued.  

14 minutes ago, boomheadshot69 said:

what if right when i have to take a shit, i get apb targeted? usually if nature calls i just log out till i get back and sit in the lobby so im not afk captured or killed or something. with this apb thing would i need to take a picture or video of me shitting now to verify that i had a reason to log out when im hit with an apb notice to not get banned?

yes please do

1 minute ago, HotWings said:

Gnashes was referring to people who drop to lobby and log back in less than 30 seconds later just to drop your ability to track them. This is most def an exploit and logging to avoid a role play scenario.  It honestly baffles me that his words were so misconstrued.  

You gotta read it all dog.
He literally said if you dc'd uncontrollably, he would still consider it combat logging, just because you were chosen for APB.

I understand the soft logging part.

1 minute ago, KevinOB said:

You gotta read it all dog.
He literally said if you dc'd uncontrollably, he would still consider it combat logging, just because you were chosen for APB.

I understand the soft logging part.

I did read it all, they have always banned for those things, its nothing new...  Its very easy to make your game steam ticket fail. 

Also, feel free to use this skin I made specifically for Asylum, I can touch it up/make some changes on request if needed. I was bored and just wanted to learn how to skin for Arma. It will make a good vehicle to release for free, if the feedback is good, I can put my time into making better ones for donor levels.

957c01c0824b4bfabc8fff196566c393.png

Consists of all solid colours made on a optimised template so the .PAA is a mere 286KB. No shaders, no nothing, perfect for multiplayer to keep the mission file size as low as possible. 

Download to the .PAA (286KB)

Edited by Haych
Tiger, HotWings, Cassettes and 1 other like this
49 minutes ago, bamf said:

The amount of money made off of doing a cocaine run on Tanoa is ~$1,100/minute.  Your suggestion would make that go even higher, which would be outside the parameters set for that activity.

Isn't coke on server 5 supposed to pay out 1025 per each pure brick of cocaine? Right now it only pays about 850 per finished product. I thought u said in an earlier patch note it was going to be in the 1000+ range due to there is a limit you can do each restart.

Also why does Rum on server 5 pay out less then scotch on server 1-4 when u have an extra process in RUM turning sugarcane into sugar and also u have to wait for a 4th restart to max the value out.

Edited by Allstarplaya
Just now, HotWings said:

I did read it all, they have always banned for those things, its nothing new...  Its very easy to make your game steam ticket fail. 

So your telling me if a dude is chillin flying around in an orca while on the APB, no cops in sight, not in any combat and then gets a game error and crashes he should be banned?

George likes this
5 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

So your telling me if a dude is chillin flying around in an orca while on the APB, no cops in sight, not in any combat and then gets a game error and crashes he should be banned?

Paratus and Gnashes both stated already the logging to remove the APB wont be a thing, so if someone logs off for more than 10 minutes to do something who cares, if they come back after a game crash who cares.  I would personally just take note to see if someone is constantly having these magical issues every time they were the subject.  Because sadly we do have those type of people in this community.

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

Because people dupe and cheat. This is why we can't have nice things. Sometimes decisions are made not just because it's fun for us to do so, but because we truly need to.

What happens when a bounty hunter contributing to Gang Operations picks up dirty money to protect it after a teammate is shot and drops it? The bounty hunter can't sell it, can't put it in a vehicle, can't give it, can't fight properly without stamina etc etc. So how do we get it back to sell it? Are we supposed to kill our own guy and then revive him, resulting in a purple heart for the next how long? It doesn't make sense. Vehicles were the only way to give eachother the money.

Just now, pr0digyt said:

What happens when a bounty hunter contributing to Gang Operations picks up dirty money to protect it after a teammate is shot and drops it? The bounty hunter can't sell it, can't put it in a vehicle, can't give it, can't fight properly without stamina etc etc. So how do we get it back to sell it? Are we supposed to kill our own guy and then revive him, resulting in a purple heart for the next how long? It doesn't make sense. Vehicles were the only way to give eachother the money.

Shot him in the face and revive :)

21 hours ago, gramps said:

Apartment building...  (classname = Land_House_Big_04_F)

This is still an issue for me.

Would be nice if the old basics were fixed before adding all these new features.

Better daytime pics added, spawn point inside staircase:

107410_20160714150312_1.png

Outside crate on balcony:

107410_20160714150339_1.png

2 hours ago, Haych said:

For people wondering where the good gangs are gone, they are all playing on other servers. Even the players who have stopped playing Arma want to come on and play, but they don't want to with Asylums current state. Olympus is providing players the Pre 6.0 experience, hence the reason a lot of people are playing there.

I still have faith in Paratus to make some changes that will bring all these players back. All its going to take is 1 amazing patch log, and before you know it, everyone will forget about Olympus and will come straight back to Asylum.

Asylum went from being a server that had the best gangs and rebel culture in Arma existence to now becoming what it is now, really a shame.

Edit: The Fed is a good start, lets keep it going in that direction

Are you referring to mega gangs of old? Because those were cancer, you would see them all rolling around in ifrits hiding behind large group numbers and killing players at places like diamond processing. If all these players want to do is kill, they can try KOTH or Wasteland. I agree that rebels and gangs need some more love but mega gangs from the old days were the worst.

@Paratus I sent you a PM a few days ago, please respond when you get a chance. 

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
1 hour ago, KevinOB said:

Lol, im pretty sure when dirty money was first released it wasn't intended to stay on restart and storing it in a car was just a exploit. 

Then why is it that it could be stored in ground vehicles and not air? Pretty sure they would have fixed it a lot sooner if that wasn't intended. 

6 minutes ago, Goldy said:

Then why is it that it could be stored in ground vehicles and not air? Pretty sure they would have fixed it a lot sooner if that wasn't intended. 

It was an exploit that just hadn't been fixed, so it's fixed now. 

Two things though:

Can dirty money not be traded?  If not, then I'll get that fixed. 

I fat fingered the vaults at the fed and will do a hotfix to fix that mistake. Don't try the fed now, it won't work just yet. 

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

It was an exploit that just hadn't been fixed, so it's fixed now. 

Two things though:

Can dirty money not be traded?  If not, then I'll get that fixed. 

I fat fingered the vaults at the fed and will do a hotfix to fix that mistake. Don't try the fed now, it won't work just yet. 

Dirty money cannot be traded. I think that change was implemented, because people kept handing out $1 dirty money to make everyone walk slowly.

Google™ and remix.ahk like this

Honestly I feel like after the money cap was released people proceeded to play on Asylum because they knew how well off they were already in the community. Also after the money cap came out the best players were all on here so to get a challenging fight you would have to be on Asylum instead of another server. In simple terms people were and/or are staying for the fights they got and because they know people here and less because of the features it has. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

so umm. how long am i suppose to be an APB fugitive, its been about an hour now.

Every APB target I've had whilst on cop has been refreshed every 20 or so minutes, it went to the same guy twice in a row though, which might of happened to you, several times

46 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Easy Peasy:

If they try to give less than they're carrying, it stops them and tells them they have to give it all.

You would instantly become my favourite person ever. It was so frustrating to have to get a vehicle every time we wanted to give eachother money, and it would cause problems if we were fighting at rebel and couldn't reach the vehicle without getting shot. +11111 to this because not only would we be stopping dupers and cheaters, but making possession of dirty money much more intuitive and thereby fun. It's a win win to remove vehicle storing but enable trading.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Every APB target I've had whilst on cop has been refreshed every 20 or so minutes, it went to the same guy twice in a row though, which might of happened to you, several times

so how do i evade then? i just keep getting it over and over again. i havent gotten the title yet so it hasnt registered that i evaded at all..

Hotfix 3

• Fixed an issue with hacking reserve vaults.
  • Dirty money can now be traded, although only if you're giving the full amount.
  • Removed the "put in car" animation.
  • Fixed a bug with actions going to the wrong statistic.
  • Fixed a bug where APB would display incorrect bounty size.
  • You can now place oil barrels in the RHIB.
  • A player can only be an APB target once per server cycle.
22 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix 3

• Fixed an issue with hacking reserve vaults.
  • Dirty money can now be traded, although only if you're giving the full amount.
  • Removed the "put in car" animation.
  • Fixed a bug with actions going to the wrong statistic.
  • Fixed a bug where APB would display incorrect bounty size.
  • You can now place oil barrels in the RHIB.
  • A player can only be an APB target once per server cycle.

might be obvious

but is lethaling a abp target included in the 50% increase or just sending them to jail?