Change Log 7.3.3

Paratus

I've had my weapon blatantly siezed during banks (with shots still being fired) so many times back on Altis, I thought they were allowed to do it...   :-\

Do you guys post cop rules anywhere for civs to read?  As I'm not a cop, I'd like to study up and know my rights a bit better.

3 minutes ago, gramps said:

I've had my weapon blatantly siezed during banks (with shots still being fired) so many times back on Altis, I thought they were allowed to do it...   :-\

Do you guys post cop rules anywhere for civs to read?  As I'm not a cop, I'd like to study up and know my rights a bit better.

Cannot find the screenshot of the rule update (it's in the cop subforums) but a tldr

Durga happened and some rules changed for the cops, they can go to rebel if they get pings there, they can go to cartels if their warrant is there, cops can combat seize your weapon since rebel guns were made cheaper :frog:

7 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Cannot find the screenshot of the rule update (it's in the cop subforums) but a tldr

Durga happened and some rules changed for the cops, they can go to rebel if they get pings there, they can go to cartels if their warrant is there, cops can combat seize your weapon since rebel guns were made cheaper :frog:

cGbs1Pj.png

gramps likes this
2 hours ago, Tiefman said:

"give me your feedback"

"paratus, an overwhelming majority of people dislike the new UI"

"you'll get used to it"

@Paratus you're better than that dood

Hah, what? Seriously? That wasn't even my response, it was that we need to have it in the new location for a feature update. I didn't just shrug that off. Did you notice the icons have reverted? Damn, I'm better than that.

The Orphan, Mayhem, Vash and 5 others like this
3 hours ago, TheRealLethal said:

no need to throw insults. Just stating the way it is currently is not fair. If your guns cost equal to what ours do, im ok with combat seizing. (still think its dumb, but its a little less unreasonable to me)

Actually, I think it's not fair that your MK1 costs less than my MXM and with upcoming rebel content update, your MK1 will cost even less than my MXM.

2 hours ago, gramps said:

It's in the guidebook, and I'm sure you can easily find it with just some simple google searching. Also it's recommended for everyone to read the guidebook, not just for cops. You as a civ will know your rights and what you can and can't do, if you will learn the guidebook, plus it will help you in the future if you do decide to apply for APD.

Edited by Pentax
29 minutes ago, Pentax said:

It's in the guidebook, and I'm sure you can easily find it with just some simple google searching. Also it's recommended for everyone to read the guidebook, not just for cops. You as a civ will know your rights and what you can and can't do, if you will learn the guidebook, plus it will help you in the future if you do decide to apply for APD.

Thanks for that!  It wasn't very easy but I eventually found it!

I've been playing for over a year now and I always thought the guidebook was for cops (or potential cops) only.

Maybe a link can be added in the "Game-Play & Rules" section for everyone to find easily?

1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Actually, I think it's not fair that your MK1 costs less than my MXM and with upcoming rebel content update, your MK1 will cost even less than my MXM.

Meh, to get ultra cheap guns, you need arms, and 2 turfs. An mk1 is still 7-8k depending on how many are on market. Do you have to hold any objectives? You get Free mk1s with swat, and a free strider. The rebel community are a bunch of babies now days, but its the same for the cops. When i was a cadet, you spawned in with a pistol, and slash bandolier. Now you get Free 5.56. no matter how much you give people, they will always find a reason to deem it unfair. I will never understand why SGTS complain about anything, you have thermals. You can toggle a picture in picture thermal view of the area where you fight, you can give the whole force map ESP, but yet you guys come on the forums and complain about not having 7.62 and our guns being nearly as cheap on occasion. fuck it, give all cops 7.62. But give me a drone, watch what happens 

speed, Kettles, Steve and 2 others like this
10 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

Meh, to get ultra cheap guns, you need arms, and 2 turfs. An mk1 is still 7-8k depending on how many are on market. Do you have to hold any objectives? You get Free mk1s with swat, and a free strider. The rebel community are a bunch of babies now days, but its the same for the cops. When i was a cadet, you spawned in with a pistol, and slash bandolier. Now you get Free 5.56. no matter how much you give people, they will always find a reason to deem it unfair. I will never understand why SGTS complain about anything, you have thermals. You can toggle a picture in picture thermal view of the area where you fight, you can give the whole force map ESP, but yet you guys come on the forums and complain about not having 7.62 and our guns being nearly as cheap on occasion. fuck it, give all cops 7.62. But give me a drone, watch what happens 

MK1 with 2 turfs and arms with none on the market is 4.7k~, while MXM is 5k, MK1 being on the market is around 4.2k~. Sure cops don't need to hold objectives to get what they have. Do you have to follow guidelines that especially some of them even retarded? No. Swat/Strider is a valid argument, unfortunately too many people on APD that even with great leadership will make it not utilize those tools well, and I don't blame them, there's lots of folks who signed up for APD, not because of their combat skills. Only a SGT can access a drone, durink bank/fed/pb it's pretty much useless, why? Because we already know your positions anyways. Drone on rebel's would be way more OP than for cops, why? Because you're sitting in defendant position while cops have to push in order to achieve a win, you seeing cop pushing positions with a drone would be way op than just SGT seeing your stationary defendant locations which we know even without a drone. Drone in any other engagements, where you guys don't have stationary positions becomes on the same OP level as for rebels. Trust me P3 can guruantee you that, me as a SGT has a drone pretty much for every single fight. All I'm asking is for tools to deal with orcas, that's it I don't even care that I would need to trade my life enforcements, or make the gun be 15k, I literally do not care about, just give me the tool as a Sgt to be able to deal with your Orcas. Sure you can argue that LT's have access to MK1, you are correct, unfortunately not all of them are good in combat (not calling anyone out here), and I don't blame them either, plenty of them who signed up for APD and higher up position not because of combat. What I have a problem is that a 10x better gun than mine for you costs less. Plus let's remember Synergy, did you guys really had to work THAT much to hold those Cartels/Turfs? Plus those 2 are part of rebel life that makes rebel life fun because of combat, isn't it?

Sorry for grammar mistakes, and all of you grammar nazis can burn in hell!

P.S. You know me lethal I'm neither a career cop nor career rebel anymore. I'm trying to be a 50/50 guy, so this opinion and so any other one, is coming from a 50/50 guy as well.

Edited by Pentax
1 minute ago, Pentax said:

MK1 with 2 turfs and arms with none on the market is 4.7k~, while MXM is 5k, MK1 being on the market is around 4.2k~. Sure cops don't need to hold objectives to get what they have. Do you have to follow guidelines that especially some of them even retarded? No. Swat/Strider is a valid argument, unfortunately too many people on APD that even with great leadership will make it not utilize those tools well, and I don't blame them, there's lots of folks who signed up for APD, not because of their combat skills. Only a SGT can access a drone, durink bank/fed/pb it's pretty much useless, why? Because we already know your positions anyways. Drone on rebel's would be way more OP than for cops, why? Because you're sitting in defendant position while cops have to push in order to achieve a win, you seeing cop pushing positions with a drone would be way op than just SGT seeing your stationary defendant locations which we know even without a drone. Drone in any other engagements, where you guys don't have stationary positions becomes on the same OP level as for rebels. Trust me P3 can guruantee you that, me as a SGT has a drone pretty much for every single fight. All I'm asking is for tools to deal with orcas, that's it I don't even care that I would need to trade my life enforcements, or make the gun be 15k, I literally do not care about, just give me the tool as a Sgt to be able to deal with your Orcas. Sure you can argue that LT's have access to MK1, you are correct, unfortunately not all of them are good in combat (not calling anyone out here), and I don't blame them either, plenty of them who signed up for APD and higher up position not because of combat. What I have a problem is that a 10x better gun than mine for you costs less. Plus let's remember Synergy, did you guys really had to work THAT much to hold those Cartels/Turfs? Plus those 2 are part of rebel life that makes rebel life fun because of combat, isn't it?

Pentax, cops got along fine without 7.62 before. A select few have it now. Orcas are nowhere near as op as they used to be. How many times have you had people orca drop on you recently. Ive talked to "certain people" about it before, no other ranks will be getting 7.62 in the foreseeable future. They are more likely to be removed from LTs. 

Just now, TheRealLethal said:

Pentax, cops got along fine without 7.62 before. A select few have it now. Orcas are nowhere near as op as they used to be. How many times have you had people orca drop on you recently. Ive talked to "certain people" about it before, no other ranks will be getting 7.62 in the foreseeable future. They are more likely to be removed from LTs. 

Trust me cops never were fine without 7.62, you just don't see anyone really complaining about that much, and I'm not going to say why nobody is complaining about it now or were before, because it's pretty obvious. Sure, orcas are not anymore what they used to be agaisn't another MK1, agains't mxm or MX/C it's still almost at exact spot as they were before the nerf. I have plenty of footage where it takes 3-4 mags (even more than that, cause the guy just flew off anyway) to penetrate a side window from 200 meters point blank to the head from lighthouse to bank's roof, then 6 mags point blank from like 3 meters to try to shoot out a fuel tank, still didn't do shit, mk1 came along and took that shit out with 4 bullets. Heck even the tail rotor takes more damage now from mxm/mc than before, before I used to take out that shit with max 2 mags, now I can't even do that anymore. One thing you're right about is that gangs don't drop on cops like they used to anymore as well, there are plenty of reasons why, 1 of them being show me a good pilot that's actually good now and compare to before, new orca controls that sucks complete ass and makes me not even want to fly orca anymore, and last rebels thinking they'll get shot out, funny thing is they really won't, unless we have MK1 around.

8 minutes ago, Pentax said:

with cops exploiting swat you should have enough mk1s around :frog:

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

with cops exploiting swat you should have enough mk1s around :frog:

Well if they do that from this point, give me the video and I'll try to go through proper channels, so that they could get the punishment they actually deserve.

Edited by Pentax
1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Well if they do that from this point, give me the video and I'll try to go through proper channels, so that they could get the punishment they actually deserve.

Some people when they lose in event (prison, fed or bank) blame it on swat abuse everytime, it just became standard reason for so many rebels.... They just dont get it that for instance when there is a halo jump not everyone gets to report for SWAT in the same time due to their current location and then they kill 1 halo jumper and then they see another halo and instantly think "Look it's the same guy again". 

Pentax likes this

I haven't had the problem of SWAT abuse at any of my prison breaks, however is is annoying when they are still coming wave after wave after 30 minutes of the prison break being long over, no reason to fight cops anymore, 90% of precinct one is there for the money and not the RP anyway, lately its been all robocop's, cop's not knowing the guidebook, cop's carrying nothing but lethal's, and Lt's rage quitting and giving points because they cant stop 2 guys doing a prison break (not saying any names), more than half of the Lt's on precinct 1 are absence LT's and you only see them maybe once in a week or two and they break off in their own channel away from the lower ranks, they're useless if they're never on, @Bluerage has been an awesome Lt. since his time on p1 and we need more active LT's like him, and especially the awesome new SGT's  @Arawson @LightKnight @Max hopefully they can assist blue in changing p1 for the better

54 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Some people when they lose in event (prison, fed or bank) blame it on swat abuse everytime, it just became standard reason for so many rebels.... They just dont get it that for instance when there is a halo jump not everyone gets to report for SWAT in the same time due to their current location and then they kill 1 halo jumper and then they see another halo and instantly think "Look it's the same guy again". 

I can only imagine the type of gang that can't handle swat. People complain because some simply exploit a broken game mechanic and it becomes annoying. But what do I know, I stopped fighting at cop v rebel events when they were given the green light to seize weapons in the middle of a 15 v 4...

35 minutes ago, gramps said:

Been there many times in the past...

5 cops on, start prison break, 15 more join...

Do cops even have a group cap?  Are they all in one big group or what?

ofc they dont have a group cap because how can the dev/admin team tell the cops that they can or cant play a server and with who... i mean free will and all... oh wait... theres a civ group cap.. shit :/ i donno.

Edited by CrossFade
Monster and gramps like this
5 minutes ago, gramps said:

Been there many times in the past...

5 cops on, start prison break, 15 more join...

Do cops even have a group cap?  Are they all in one big group or what?

Cop group cap is limited to the blufor slots. Some money hungry cops just watch the channels and when everyone moves to a bank / prison channel for a server they change over and request lethals... lol

gramps likes this
5 minutes ago, Durga said:

Woah, that's a spicy one.

Don't worry, there'll be more stuff coming.

I've been thumbing through the guidebook, and reworking a good bit of it (not the live version) in efforts to get it to play like it did back in the day. When the APD only had ~200-300 people.

ahh the good old days.

1 hour ago, Durga said:

I've been thumbing through the guidebook, and reworking a good bit of it (not the live version) in efforts to get it to play like it did back in the day. When the APD only had ~200-300 people.

Get it to play like the old days huh. Ok. Remove God mode while in cop restraints, Remove giant walls at highway patrol, Remove all 7.62 from cops, Have actual accountability for lethaling people, Give cadets P07s and slash bandoliers only, give corporals (or senior constables as they were called back then) orcas. oh dont forget to remove group cap. 

EDIT: some things i forgot, Readd hunter HMG, readd deerstands in fed, Re add towers at prison, remove cooldowns on all objectives.

Protip: Reverting to old rules for the sake of nostalgia is silly. This game has changed, its no longer a cop slaughter fest 24/7, so stop changing rules acting like Blufor is so underpowered.

Thank you for your service Vice Captain Dugra

Edited by TheRealLethal
14 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

Get it to play like the old days huh. Ok. Remove God mode while in cop restraints, Remove giant walls at highway patrol, Remove all 7.62 from cops, Have actual accountability for lethaling people, Give cadets P07s and slash bandoliers only, give corporals (or senior constables as they were called back then) orcas. oh dont forget to remove group cap. 

EDIT: some things i forgot, Readd hunter HMG, readd deerstands in fed, Re add towers at prison, remove cooldowns on all objectives.

Protip: Reverting to old rules for the sake of nostalgia is silly. This game has changed, its no longer a cop slaughter fest 24/7, so stop changing rules acting like Blufor is so underpowered.

Thank you for your service Vice Captain Dugra

Also bring back martial law

:kappa:

So since we're aiming for more militaristic now with the latest RPG and CSAT additions, when can we expect the return of Martial Law messages, Hunter HMGs, and give all cops SWAT gear to deploy with 24/7?

Jokes aside I'm completely to unawares as to where the server stands on where it wants to be right now. It seems we had a massive shift towards roleplay a bit back and now we are openly just adding things to kill and blow people up. I mean it's unarguable that death is basicly the end of RP yet we are adding more and more tools to do so. I'm not complaining just kinda throwing out what I'm wondering hoping for an answer from someone important, because I'm unsure of what the goals and future updates of Asylum may bring.

Furnie Mack likes this
11 hours ago, Durga said:

Quick thing to think about. 

Cadets getting 5.56's should be reconsidered, especially the Spar15. People don't realise how good a 5.56 is, especially in Infantry combat, and giving it to a cop who's only been in the force a couple days who has to learn the fundamentals of the APD is just stupid. With the removal of CSAT Fatigues, we can revert back to Cadets getting the 9mm now that the Protector is a thing, a small arms that's actually very good in CQB.

Cadets should be learning how to RP and the basics of being a good cop and I think giving them such powerful tools the start off with is not the way to go.

Also consider making Orca's cheaper, significantly cheaper. rebels will not mind, in fact rebels will love it. The best part about fighting cops is them pulling out Orca's and MRAP's attempting to do suicidal stuff. Makes for much more fun gameplay then watching the cops sit back, snipe and fail the PB/Bank because they are scared of pulling vehicles out and losing money.

Edited by Haych
2 minutes ago, Haych said:

Quick thing to think about. 

Cadets getting 5.56's is so stupid, especially the Spar15. People don't realise how good a 5.56 is, especially in Infantry combat, and giving it to a cop who's only been in the force a couple days who has to learn the fundamentals of the APD is just stupid. With the removal of CSAT Fatigues, we can revert back to Cadets getting the 9mm now that the Protector is a thing, a small arms that's actually very good in CQB.

Cadets should be learning how to RP and the basics of being a good cop and I think giving them such powerful tools the start off with is not the way to go.

It doesnt matter what gun cadets have, as they are always with constable and higher. Their RP learning or whatever will always be dependet on who they play with. Atleast with a 5.56 they are not completely uselesss

Just now, Budbringer said:

It doesnt matter what gun cadets have, as they are always with constable and higher. Their RP learning or whatever will always be dependet on who they play with. Atleast with a 5.56 they are not completely uselesss

But CSAT's for the most part are removed so 9mm's are actually not that bad now. The Protector 9mm is a very nice gun.

The MK20 and Spar15 are insanely good guns, way to powerful to be giving to someone who's brand new in the force. If Rebel combat wasn't dependant on MRAP's, youl'll even see me using 5.56's because of how good it is. Luckily for cops, rebels don't use much MRAP's against them.