Change Log 7.3.3

Paratus

Just now, Gnashes said:

You hop in a car and sit AFK while your friends drive.

Not hard to leave your PC on and AFK for the timeframe an APB is out.

yeah.. im not going to go afk. if i am planning to get off and i am an APB subject, im probably going to log off. Depending on how long the time frame is. I hear its like 20 minutes. On the other hand if im not about to log off, ill gladly fly around in an orca for 20 minutes. 

Just now, bamf said:

As for APB:  

Ask Bricktop or Annox how much fun it was to have the whole APD after them.  I remember those days that the admins (before I was even an admin) would make EVENTS out of things that APB will now just do randomly.  Think of the APB feature as a challenge, and I think you guys can have a lot of fun with it.  

i agree

we just want some clarification on the apb and logging out/how long it lasts etc

Just now, bamf said:

As for APB:  

Ask Bricktop or Annox how much fun it was to have the whole APD after them.  I remember those days that the admins (before I was even an admin) would make EVENTS out of things that APB will now just do randomly.  Think of the APB feature as a challenge, and I think you guys can have a lot of fun with it.  

It'll be fun im sure but banning people because they have to log out while an APB is out for them?

Just now, bamf said:

As for APB:  

Look the APB thing sounds nice but this should be something that happens max twice during server up time and not something that should last for 20 min... and it should not be the biggest bounty, it prevents bigger bounties from making money, it be nice if it was say several bounties over 100k exists, take a random one of them, if no over 100k exist or only 1 or 2, then go from 70k+ and if not then simply 50k+ else not at all. 

3 minutes ago, warl0ck said:

well gnashes is saying one thing, paratus another

we should get some clarification on what's okay when you are a target of apb

Just read it m8. Soft logging won't remove you from apb. No one is going to ban you for getting of the game completely. 

Just now, KevinOB said:

Just read it m8. Soft logging won't remove you from apb. No one is going to ban you for getting of the game completely. 

" Just like with any other instance, we would consider that combat logging unless you could prove otherwise. "

you can see why people are confused and what not can't you

and we don't know about actually logging out of the server

Edited by warl0ck
Just now, Gnashes said:

You hop in a car and sit AFK while your friends drive.

Not hard to leave your PC on and AFK for the timeframe an APB is out.

1. Going to work

2. Going to sleep

3. Going somewhere 

Just saying... it depends on how long it lasts. If I am about to go to sleep/work/go somewhere and I get hit with a notification I will give it 10 mins of no combat and I will log out.

Any idea how long it lasts?

Just now, Parker said:

1. Going to work

2. Going to sleep

3. Going somewhere 

Just saying... it depends on how long it lasts. If I am about to go to sleep/work/go somewhere and I get hit with a notification I will give it 10 mins of no combat and I will log out.

Any idea how long it lasts?

dude fuck that, if im busy and im subjected. if im not in combat im logging right away, ban me i wont give a fuck. 

Big Bird likes this
1 minute ago, warl0ck said:

" Just like with any other instance, we would consider that combat logging unless you could prove otherwise. "

you can see why people are confused and what not can't you

and we don't know about actually logging out of the server

Idk dude.  Gnashes shouldn't be allowed to post on the forum's. The shit he says blows my mind.

I've warrant squaded, bh. All the times I've lost people I track because they log, never do I think they combat logged on me. You shouldn't be forced to stay on because of your bounty. 

Brutus, Steve and Kawaii like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

If we tell people they can log during an APB, they will do it 100% of the time.

History has proven we cannot expect our community to exhibit fair play.

ofcourse i know the difficult situation, but sometimes you might just have to leave

if the apb could stay even after disconnecting would be good

how long is the apb time for?

why did it take lethal to disclose the time of the apb?

there really should be more communication, i understand how hard coding the server and having 50 different people complaining about things left right and centre but some more communication clarifying things, giving feedback on the suggestions and feedback. even just a simple post saying thanks for the feedback would help

too many people feel disheartened and distant from the developers

Just now, warl0ck said:

there really should be more communication, i understand how hard coding the server and having 50 different people complaining about things left right and centre but some more communication clarifying things, giving feedback on the suggestions and feedback. even just a simple post saying thanks for the feedback would help

i think im wrong about that. Probably was looking at the wrong line of code xD.

Because a certain admin likes to let shit stir.

^

He has a point, id also be nice if you developers( @bamf @Paratus) could answer on so many questions we have and you could say your view of the upcoming of the server, you keep making stuff we never sometimes request.... I'd be nice if you guys could respond to suggestions and feedback on the patch notes and meet us half way... We all understand its your server and you can do as you wish but you gotta understand you cannot control everything because people eventually get tired of stuff... Look now at Asylum. It constantly keeps going down. fights are impossible, more than half the gangs on Asylum has left because there is no point in staying because you can't fight properly...

21 minutes ago, Churu said:

^

He has a point, id also be nice if you developers( @bamf @Paratus) could answer on so many questions we have and you could say your view of the upcoming of the server, you keep making stuff we never sometimes request.... I'd be nice if you guys could respond to suggestions and feedback on the patch notes and meet us half way... We all understand its your server and you can do as you wish but you gotta understand you cannot control everything because people eventually get tired of stuff... Look now at Asylum. It constantly keeps going down. fights are impossible, more than half the gangs on Asylum has left because there is no point in staying because you can't fight properly...

Because I was at a funeral and unable to respond to your posts on the patch.  

Also, sometimes it's nice to have a little mystery about how long you'll be hunted - that's half the fun in having a super large bounty to me anyway.

Lack of communication from the developers? I've got literally about 20 posts in the patch notes. I simply am not going to respond to doomsday stuff because it's unsubstantiated and very tiring. The sky isn't falling, in fact statistically we're getting healthier and healthier yet a vocal few see the worst in every single addition without even first trying it.

speed, Volunteer281, Zorrak and 8 others like this

39 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

What if you power goes out, you get a steam ticket fail, or a memory leak while being tracked? You are going to ban someone for something they cannot prevent?

Memory leak can be fixed by going into your setting changing your sampling to 50% until your frames come back, waiting about 10 seconds and resetting it to 100%.  

5 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Lack of communication from the developers? I've got literally about 20 posts in the patch notes. I simply am not going to respond to doomsday stuff because it's unsubstantiated and very tiring. The sky isn't falling, in fact statistically we're getting healthier and healthier yet a vocal few see the worst in every single addition without even first trying it.

tumblr_mn9fmxFVcZ1qz8x31o1_400.gif

Sojobo and Furnie Mack like this