Money making polls and community feedback.

drug runner missions.  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Asylum moneymaking techniques and the Drug Runner missions community opinions and feedback..

• Yes leave drug runner and buff other methods for making money
    • No, decrease payouts for drug runner and leave all payouts the same
    • Create some type of middle ground without nerfing anything
    • Create some middle ground while nerfing some things and boosting others

1 minute ago, Kitui said:

Please leave the ability to go into debt with the drug runner alone.  I believe it should be left this way because when you are low on money, it gives you a real sense of risk vs reward and you are much more careful to deliver it safely when your bank account can go into -15k or you could make your bank go to 30k.  It isnt the best explanation maybe somebody could do it better but just my 2 cents.

Insurance used to exist but we aren't Olympus we are better than that, if other moneymaking techniques are buffed there won't be a reason to go into debt because it won't be so difficult to go under the 15k required, imo it would help alot

7 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

What if shooting the planes while they're flying above or landing was allowed? Would make it far more riskier to make money runs while keeping the payout the same. 

Planes =red? Not a bad idea at all! Would make it a whole lot more riskier, and making the whole field a red zone?! Add risk for reward to a whole new level!

Edited by House.
21 minutes ago, House. said:

Planes =red? Not a bad idea at all! Would make it a whole lot more riskier, and making the whole field a red zone?! Add risk for reward to a whole new level!

Yup, just make it a risky endeavor with good rewards. It would force gangs to basically hold multiple smugglers in order to do safe runs during peak hours. Newbs could do them late night when hardly anyone is around to make some cash too. Cops could raid the air fields every 20 minutes and if they see people there, siren and down them and search for illegal cash. If they've got nothing, tell them to leave just like any other illegal field. If the admins add in APD NLR for illegal areas then we'll really be in heaven.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Ewephoric, Ginsu and .Sean like this
1 minute ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Yup, just make it a risky endeavor with good rewards. It would force gangs to basically hold multiple smugglers in order to do safe runs during peak hours. Newbs could do them late night when hardly anyone is around to make some cash too. Cops could raid the air fields every 20 minutes and if they see people there, siren and down them and search for illegal cash. If they've got nothing, tell them to leave just like any other illegal field. If the admins add in APD NLR for illegal areas then we'll really be in heaven.

I LOVE THAT IDEA!

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

We added in the extra risk as a way to try to avoid having to tweak the payouts. Like with most things, we have to see how it plays out.

I will say this though, in the last few days there have been 1483 successful drug runner missions and 396 failures. So there is obviously a lot of interest in the new missions - we just need to make sure that the high reward has substantial enough risk. 

Rag, Roice, explicit and 1 other like this
8 minutes ago, bamf said:

We added in the extra risk as a way to try to avoid having to tweak the payouts. Like with most things, we have to see how it plays out.

I will say this though, in the last few days there have been 1483 successful drug runner missions and 396 failures. So there is obviously a lot of interest in the new missions - we just need to make sure that the high reward has substantial enough risk. 

You should complete more runs successfully than you fail, you should be profiting from runs not losing out, that ratio looks good to me.

Today whilst camping drug runners we must've saw atleast 15 crashes before the server went down, one guy named Anders is one sick fucking pilot though, best plane pilot I've seen.

Edited by Jimbo!
1 minute ago, bamf said:

biggity bamferoni just add a timer for either when you load or unload the drugs

like 15 seconds or some shit

a bit more risk

k

sick d00d

Haych likes this
Just now, bamf said:

There is plenty of risk, everyone is just being friendly so that they can actually try the new content.

Once everyone's done have their fun with the planes there will be a lot more murder and robbings

Rag and .Sean like this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Thank you for noticing!!!

1 hour ago, Eldar said:

I'm all for making the planes instant KOS by anyone. Not enough risk to justify reward.

3 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

What if shooting the planes while they're flying above or landing was allowed? Would make it far more riskier to make money runs while keeping the payout the same. 

What if someone was just flying their own plane? People would mistake it for drugs', and would get shot down.

Personally I wish for a more interesting way to make money, because I'm playing a game. I play games for entertainment. I don't play them to gather stuff for like 10 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Nyanch said:

What if someone was just flying their own plane? People would mistake it for drugs', and would get shot down.

Personally I wish for a more interesting way to make money, because I'm playing a game. I play games for entertainment. I don't play them to gather stuff for like 10 minutes.

I haven't seen Tanoa planes on Altis, are they purchaseable? If they are then just remove them and limit them to drug runs only. No risk no reward.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz

I'm not the greatest pilot but I have been able to land the plane (most of the time) I feel the reward for doing a drug run is fine but I also feel the small things need a boost like wood chopping. Diamond mining. Drugs has always needed a boost. Just because some has put hours in learning how to fly and has paid $$$ for the apex why nerf it because of that? People complain that they can't do it? Well go learn. Also @bamf maybe buff the delivery runs. That's for helicopters runners. And since its legal it shouldn't make as much as the drug runner 

33 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

I'm not the greatest pilot but I have been able to land the plane (most of the time) I feel the reward for doing a drug run is fine but I also feel the small things need a boost like wood chopping. Diamond mining. Drugs has always needed a boost. Just because some has put hours in learning how to fly and has paid $$$ for the apex why nerf it because of that? People complain that they can't do it? Well go learn. Also @bamf maybe buff the delivery runs. That's for helicopters runners. And since its legal it shouldn't make as much as the drug runner 

Agreed!

8 hours ago, Friendly said:

Leave drug runner money alone, and totally boost the economy on smaller things so the ratio between income is even. 

Smaller things to boost would be things like, 

• Cocaine 

• Weed 

• Heroin

If they boost any drug, it should be meth.. @ 942$ market price... for that long of a gathering run, it should be higher.  I have a very good located meth house and have ran so much from the house to the meth lab.. I have only seen one person show up... I have yet to see cops actually come through while I am there.  I have gone 2 hours of straight running meth and no cops scouted the area....

Make it $1100-$1500 market price and I am sure you will see quite a bit more meth runners.  

Just look at the market on your phone.  You will see cocaine is almost always on top of any other drug.. Meth is always soooo low.

Edited by dat_iceman
3 minutes ago, dat_iceman said:

If they boost any drug, it should be meth.. @ 942$ market price... for that long of a gathering run, it should be higher.  I have a very good located meth house and have ran so much from the house to the meth lab.. I have only seen one person show up... I have yet to see cops actually come through while I am there.  I have gone 2 hours of straight running meth and no cops scouted the area....

Make it $1100-$1500 market price and I am sure you will see quite a bit more meth runners.  

Just look at the market on your phone.  You will see cocaine is almost always on top of any other drug.. Meth is always soooo low.

That's facts!

Monster likes this
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 11:34 PM, HotWings said:

Money making isn't a problem. There are a hundred methods. People are just to lazy to actually do it.

That is debatable and totally opinion based. To say that money making is not a problem on Asylum is a problem in itself. We all know that there is a lot of methods to making money (not hundreds). Some money making methods are going to pay more than others for risk to reward factors I get that but the payouts do not need to be so far apart that only one method is the "go to".

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 1:59 AM, Nyanch said:

With the latest patch they are working on trying to make money fun. As you can see with the current implemented drug runner missions. Unfortunately we need more people to stand out and maybe suggest what is fun and what they suggest can be realistically put into Asylum.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:12 AM, Friendly said:

Leave drug runner money alone, and totally boost the economy on smaller things so the ratio between income is even. 

Smaller things to boost would be things like, 

• Cocaine 

• Weed 

• Heroin

I agree that drug runner should be left alone and everything else needs to be brought up to par. In the past while I have been here new money making methods come out to liven up the gameplay and increase end game content but then it gets immediately nerfed. We need to break that cycle! People are doing this new money making method because it is what they want! It works. They feel it is the right amount of money to time. Look at that picture and realize almost 1500 runs since the patch came out? Thats a lot of activity period. (I wish I knew how to fly a damn plane I contributed to the other numbers for unsuccessful!) I think that we need to do less nerfing and need to do more buffing when it comes to making money. All I have been seeing lately is nerfing.

Vermin runs now take an additional process step with no increase in pay

Hunting still doesnt work properly

Scotch prices reduced

Aggresive drug market @Haych

If someone wants to sit there and only do coke runs and sell coke why should they be punished? In the drug game there is very little wiggle room for price. Go and tell your drug dealer you want a dub for five bucks....Fact is if money making methods were balance enough I don't think that drug market even needs to exist.

Meth is a joke with gathering 3 ingredients and processing twice for the payout and time invested 

Look at the end game here from $0 to 1mil in asylum how long do you think that would take you currently without plane drug running and without being whitelisted for cop and how long do you think it should take.

Yes leave drug runner and buff other methods for making money

In order to play on the server we need money. In order to make money we need to feel like the money making methods are fun and worthwhile doing.

Edited by Frizzy
.Sean likes this

The payout necessarily doesn't need to get buffed for said runs, just the time it takes, locations of Illegal sites and the aggressive dynamic market needs redressed. @bamf I suggest you attempt to do a illegal run in a Zamak or above with say a 20k bounty and see how it ends up. Not only will it take you over an hour, you will be fighting waves of cops and BH's who can literally see what run you are doing with a click of a button thus increasing the time for a mere payout for 2 and a half load-outs. When was the last time anyone here actually saw large groups using large trucks to do convoy runs? yeah, think about that.

Ever wondered why buying and selling money is so popular on Asylum and not any other server that doesn't have a rule against it? Yep you guessed it.

So to recap, here are some changes I would like to see that will buff money making and balance out every other run.

• Aggressive Dynamic Market Addressed 
  • Illegal Run sites moved away from Main Roads and Cities to more remote locations 
  • More Legal Runs
  • Reduced time it takes to pick/process. This can be balanced out by moving Illegal sites to remote locations with longer driving distances and rougher terrain where vehicles naturally go slower. I guarantee you most people here will rather drive longer distances, than being static in said Illegal Sites for a long time.
  • Removal of Auto Landing from the servers and a timer to load drugs into the plane (more time spent inside the redzone) @Scott

Edited by Haych
Roice, .Sean, Sonny Asif and 3 others like this
3 minutes ago, Addon said:

you'll also have to pray that the server will stay up long enough to complete it. & if it does go down... well, then you've wasted your time attempting to make money. 

But yeah, fuck every other issue with the server and just fix the biggest one and we'll all be happy.

On 8/27/2016 at 11:22 PM, House. said:

Why not just make it impossible? Just make the payout $5 and if you fail get 500k taken away. Leave it alone, civilians need a good way to make money. Cops just get handed money left and right. This is the only civ activity that doesn't totally suck ass to make money.

I like the drug runner planes and the income you get for it. With fighting being active no one wants to do a Zamak of a drug, like Haych said.

Drug runners make fighting fun and not as stressful for new players as money is relativity fun and safe to get back, I think what puts new players off the most is buying loadouts and making money because simply because of the risk to reward is not worth it

3 hours ago, Haych said:

The payout necessarily doesn't need to get buffed for said runs, just the time it takes, locations of Illegal sites and the aggressive dynamic market needs redressed. @bamf I suggest you attempt to do a illegal run in a Zamak or above with say a 20k bounty and see how it ends up.   Not only will it take you over an hour, you will be fighting waves of cops and BH's ...

I got to this point in the your post and thought to myself "well no shit".  I was the meth guy in the game for a long ass time.  I made more money than most of the people around here can dream of, and you know what I never ever did: anything illegal while wanted.  I also never did anything in a Zamak or above (alone) because that's just asking for trouble.  

I think the real issue with making money is that people don't want to go about it in what I would consider a more manageable way.  I used to run meth in an offroad with no weapon.  I'd gather components and store them in my house, and then do the final step(s) of cooking the cocktail and then meth in said offroad while wearing fresh spawn clothes.  I also never did a run while wanted.  I'd do 3+ loads a day in that offroad, sell the meth in Pyrgos, and then deposit my money at the APD dome in Pyrgos (this was before every ATM was able to be used).  

People who do illegal things while wanted are just asking to be chased.  That's the nature of the BH and APD warrant systems - if your number comes up, then people will chase you.  Why do people still continue to do illegal things while wanted and wonder why it's more difficult?  

I'll read through the rest of your stuff (and the rest of the thread) shortly, but the fundamental issue here is that a lot of people are using flawed logic in terms of how to make money in the game.  Don't make money while wanted, and you will make more money...