1+ hours bank fight?

Like come on I just watched a 1+ hour fight between cops and rebels when robbing a bank.. cops getting wiped and coming back I seen the same cop in kill feed within 10min get killed 5 times

can we do sometime bout this? makes it impossible to rob a bank or fed (14 cops online btw) I understand its for the fight but at least stop coming back and let the rebels

take something home for wiping out waves of cops. @bamf can we get some rules on this please?

11 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Like come on I just watched a 1+ hour fight between cops and rebels when robbing a bank.. cops getting wiped and coming back I seen the same cop in kill feed within 10min get killed 5 times

can we do sometime bout this? makes it impossible to rob a bank or fed (14 cops online btw) I understand its for the fight but at least stop coming back and let the rebels

take something home for wiping out waves of cops. @bamf can we get some rules on this please?

I will never understand when rebels cry about cops coming back.

I can't tell you how many times cops DONT show up to something, and the rebels get salty and bored because theres no fight

So make up your mind.

Do you want no fight? Or a really long fight.

The only time I see people cry about it is when they lose. 

They dont cry when its wave after wave and they win.

Leave? Land an Orca on top of bank, and only take dirty money. Since SWAT glitches and doesn't work 9/10 times, unless an LT is on the Orca is practically invincible. Also invest in 7.62 and full armor, and position yourself so if you get hit once you can get in cover and blood bag. 7.62 Vs. cops will 1-2 hit kill. 5.56 NATO or 6.5mm vs full level III+ will be 4-6 hit kills @ 150m. Peek, get shot by cop, get in cover, blood bag, rinse and repeat until cop is dead.

Edited by Dpatt711
Rafael, sakha and Sp0on like this
Just now, Axe said:

I can't tell you how many times cops DONT show up to something, and the rebels get salty and bored because theres no fight

So make up your mind.

Also, rebels are allowed to come back as well. There is no rule preventing them from doing so.

Just now, Haych said:

Where are you finding these types of cops? The cops we fight all chris kyle, get out sniped, never come back, log off

+1

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

So make up your mind.

+1

I fail to see what's wrong with cops returning in waves to bank or fed? It's a high priority area and you should be glad they're willing to come back and fight. I get annoyed because a lot of the times the cops I play with give up after dying twice because they don't want to waste load out money.

Big Bird likes this
14 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Gangs that do banks for fights = Stay and fight even after the bank ends.       Gangs doing it for money = Defend bottom floor well, grab money and leave.  
Cops need to return in waves because they are heavily under-powered compared to the rebels using higher calibre weaponry. As someone said above "Without an LT the Orca's on roof become difficult to disable."  

40 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I fail to see what's wrong with cops returning in waves to bank or fed? It's a high priority area and you should be glad they're willing to come back and fight. I get annoyed because a lot of the times the cops I play with give up after dying twice because they don't want to waste load out money.

Damn. If only cops were given free loadouts. That might could fix the problem. :shrug:

Was on cop fighting like a 5v 4 prison and we kept getting wiped. I told everyone to stay back and pull individual sport hatches and push all at once.

One cop refused to push with a free loadout because he didn't want to die again.

It's not always about money but more about having the correct amount of chromosomes.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Goldy like this
1 hour ago, Dpatt711 said:

Leave? Land an Orca on top of bank, and only take dirty money. Since SWAT glitches and doesn't work 9/10 times, unless an LT is on the Orca is practically invincible. Also invest in 7.62 and full armor, and position yourself so if you get hit once you can get in cover and blood bag. 7.62 Vs. cops will 1-2 hit kill. 5.56 NATO or 6.5mm vs full level III+ will be 4-6 hit kills @ 150m. Peek, get shot by cop, get in cover, blood bag, rinse and repeat until cop is dead.

Really?

You turned this into a gear/weapon argument.

This really has nothing to do with gear at all. 

JIMBO likes this
27 minutes ago, Axe said:

Really?

You turned this into a gear/weapon argument.

This really has nothing to do with gear at all. 

Yes it does. The disparity in gear easily allows them to survive 2-3 waves and leave. If everyone wore range master and tac vest, or had 7.62 you'd do one bad peek and done and cops would be able to snipe without making a fool of themselves. 

Edited by Dpatt711

Several things. As some of the other people have already addressed, even if the cops do actually come back, it's to snipe. I see half the police force trying to snipe with 6.5. Now, if it's a rebel playing on cop, this can work, because there's some pretty good shots out there, but most of the cops you normally see are useless outside of 300m, and some, even less.

The next thing, I don't really agree with the people who say that cops are not given enough firepower. The MX is a good gun, unless you're trying to snipe from 600m+, and even then, if you know what you're doing, a head and neck shot still kills from that distance, and further. It's even better for close quarters, once again, if you know what you're doing. And, cops get swat now, and it is not dependent on how many rebels are at the activity, as it used to be. So, if eight cops are on, and six are whitelisted to swat, you have 6 7.62's at the bank... This is more than enough.

Noble, Sp0on, chF and 1 other like this
5 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Several things. As some of the other people have already addressed, even if the cops do actually come back, it's to snipe. I see half the police force trying to snipe with 6.5. Now, if it's a rebel playing on cop, this can work, because there's some pretty good shots out there, but most of the cops you normally see are useless outside of 300m, and some, even less.

The next thing, I don't really agree with the people who say that cops are not given enough firepower. The MX is a good gun, unless you're trying to snipe from 600m+, and even then, if you know what you're doing, a head and neck shot still kills from that distance, and further. It's even better for close quarters, once again, if you know what you're doing. And, cops get swat now, and it is not dependent on how many rebels are at the activity, as it used to be. So, if eight cops are on, and six are whitelisted to swat, you have 6 7.62's at the bank... This is more than enough.

+10000

Also on topic: Don't do a bank if you don't wanna fight, pussy.

In my opinion I've always enjoyed fighting cops when they come to banks and I hope that they respawn.  It makes it feel more realistic for me because sometimes theres only like 10 cops on and if you kill 10 cops and thats all that come that aint realistic.  I like it when theres a lot of combat and chases makes more opportunities for fun moments.

USCCHRIS likes this
2 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

If you can't make it out the bank after you've finished it thats on you.  I've done plenty of banks where cops were surrounding us and we got out of there or killed them all then left or we got killed or taken in. 

I think it might be cool if we were rewarded for cop kills or higher up kills or something though maybe a title and achievement.  Like a counter or something to track statistics lol but Idk if thats possible.  But yeah at the end of it I agree with a lot of people when I say its not even about the money or anything, its about the fight the fight is rewarding enough.  But to go a little deeper, any gang you ask that has numbers and power, they don't do the bank for money they do it for the fight.  Personally the gang I've been in we always put any profits made in gang bank bc its not really much profit if you split it evenly.

Edited by DJB
2 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

Honestly, this is what I expect from cops, to keep coming back until they win, lately the only cops getting close to the pb/bank have been swat, it's disappointing, I really don't know why you're complaining, what you described sounds like so much fun.

i agree with jimbo, only reason we do a pb or bank in Duplicity is to fight cops, payout is close to nothing when your group capped

Hennessy and DJB like this
37 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Yes it does. The disparity in gear easily allows them to survive 2-3 waves and leave. If everyone wore range master and tac vest, or had 7.62 you'd do one bad peek and done and cops would be able to snipe without making a fool of themselves. 

If you arent peeking like a complete idiot. You should only ever get one tapped. 

Ideally your body is never exposed so armor means absolutely nothing. 

I think most gangs go for the fight so I don't really see the point of getting upset about not getting the payout unless your gang bank is really low...

As a rebel if the cops keep coming well keep killing them and stop peaking so damn much!

As a cop I respect the two life rule at banks/feds/prison breaks...there's no point to show up more than that unless your self esteem is low :shrug:

1 hour ago, Axe said:

If you arent peeking like a complete idiot. You should only ever get one tapped. 

Ideally your body is never exposed so armor means absolutely nothing. 

You can actually play quite aggressively with the "Peek, Take a hit, get a kill method". Wicked easy to pick cops off who are pushing. We will trade shots, but with the combination of cover, armor, and 7.62, I will get hit for 20-40%, be able to get back to cover and blood bag, but the cop will be hit for 100% and be dead. 

Edited by Dpatt711
20 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

You can actually play quite aggressively with the "Peek, Take a hit, get a kill method". Wicked easy to pick cops off who are pushing. We will trade shots, but with the combination of cover, armor, and 7.62, I will get hit for 20-40%, be able to get back to cover and blood bag, but the cop will be hit for 100% and be dead. 

You're assuming you hit the body.

Not everyone is a shit shot.

8 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

I can assure you that even with cop gear rebels would fuck the cops up.

You guys are just shit.

11 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

If there is a bank robbery irl do you really think the cops would stop coming because a few are shot and killed? no more will continuously come until are officers are dead or the criminals killed or caught 

42 minutes ago, Churu said:

If there is a bank robbery irl do you really think the cops would stop coming because a few are shot and killed? no more will continuously come until are officers are dead or the criminals killed or caught 

It actually depends lol if cops are being slaughtered fuck that get it another time

OK let's go with real life... How bout in real life cops won't push a bank if they have hostages. They will try to make sure they DONT die ether.. Stop with the real life crap plz.. I enjoy the fight but I also like taking home a reward and when the cops are always coming back um... Kinda hard just saying.. I'm not saying can't be done I've done it before just would like a change that's all. 

9 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

OK let's go with real life... How bout in real life cops won't push a bank if they have hostages. They will try to make sure they DONT die ether.. Stop with the real life crap plz.. I enjoy the fight but I also like taking home a reward and when the cops are always coming back um... Kinda hard just saying.. I'm not saying can't be done I've done it before just would like a change that's all. 

I believe in the past Bamf has stated the no new life rule for cops has remained to simulate a larger police force. If you want easy money w/o a fight, don't do a bank.

There is no life limit rule when responding to basic sitatuions because the average police officer lacks the skill, equipment, and mentality to take on a bank.

The APD uses its unlimited lives to make up for that in a sort of "Zerg rush" feature. 

More than 80% of people who join the APD are brand new to asylum or arma 3 and have little to none combat experience. 

They will literally play the 14 days of civ to just join the APD.  Then they are thrown out at prisons/feds/bank with no experience whatsoever.

They then arrive at the bank and do what most cops do, rush and die. They then respawn and repeat this strategy till they hopefully eventually win.

Now I know it may suck that you have to keep killing the same people over and over but thats just the way it is.

The APD use unlimited lives to make up for its lack of skill.

Unless the APD is recruited through combat skill and receives better equipment there will not be a life rule put in.

It will never happen because that is not what the APD is about. 

One of the APDs primary roles is to create a roleplay experience, not train for a war sim.

Sp0on, Sergio, Le Razoir and 1 other like this
52 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

There is no life limit rule when responding to basic sitatuions because the average police officer lacks the skill, equipment, and mentality to take on a bank.

The APD uses its unlimited lives to make up for that in a sort of "Zerg rush" feature. 

More than 80% of people who join the APD are brand new to asylum or arma 3 and have little to none combat experience. 

They will literally play the 14 days of civ to just join the APD.  Then they are thrown out at prisons/feds/bank with no experience whatsoever.

They then arrive at the bank and do what most cops do, rush and die. They then respawn and repeat this strategy till they hopefully eventually win.

Now I know it may suck that you have to keep killing the same people over and over but thats just the way it is.

The APD use unlimited lives to make up for its lack of skill.

Unless the APD is recruited through combat skill and receives better equipment there will not be a life rule put in.

It will never happen because that is not what the APD is about. 

One of the APDs primary roles is to create a roleplay experience, not train for a war sim.

I dont expect much out of people who dont know there is a second scope on the ARCO/MRCO/RCO

On 9/8/2016 at 6:54 PM, Valkyrie said:

You're assuming that SWAT ever actually works.  Which it doesnt.  It can be right after a restart and nothing has happened and swat will just randomly decide not to work.  Honestly if swat is working bank isn't a terrible fight for cops, but without it bank is a royal pain in the ass.  Theres no real cover  if the robbers set up on both roofs.  Any pushes are basically at a standstill until we get at least 1st atm out of the fight.  Our guns can't one tap you out of an orca.  Yours can, so hot drops are a no go most of the time.  That's why most cops don't really like fighting bank.  It is a one sided shit show unless we actually get to use swat, which is maybe 1 out of 10 banks.  Add to that that every big gang knows how to purposely bug swat.  I'll go to the bank and we'll do what we can but in general they're just not all that fun from the cop side.  Prison break or Fed? Those are actually fun.  Even without 7.62s and carrier lights it's a decently balanced fight.  Banks are just very one sided because of the layout and  lack of cover when it's 6.5 vs 7.62+armor .  If the changed bank to something like tana layout I think you'd see a lot more fighting there.

Edited by 2legit
1 hour ago, 2legit said:

You're assuming that SWAT ever actually works.  Which it doesnt.  It can be right after a restart and nothing has happened and swat will just randomly decide not to work.  Honestly if swat is working bank isn't a terrible fight for cops, but without it bank is a royal pain in the ass.  Theres no real cover  if the robbers set up on both roofs.  Any pushes are basically at a standstill until we get at least 1st atm out of the fight.  Our guns can't one tap you out of an orca.  Yours can, so hot drops are a no go most of the time.  That's why most cops don't really like fighting bank.  It is a one sided shit show unless we actually get to use swat, which is maybe 1 out of 10 banks.  Add to that that every big gang knows how to purposely bug swat.  I'll go to the bank and we'll do what we can but in general they're just not all that fun from the cop side.  Prison break or Fed? Those are actually fun.  Even without 7.62s and carrier lights it's a decently balanced fight.  Banks are just very one sided because of the layout and  lack of cover when it's 6.5 vs 7.62+armor .  If the changed bank to something like tana layout I think you'd see a lot more fighting there.

If all the rebels are on the roofs then simply go to the first floor and stop the drill. That is why they added it after all. If a couple of them are on the floors just get enough units to zero them and once again stop the fed then you only have to worry about the people on the roof with no chance of them getting the money.

kingtoad likes this