Change log 7.7.0

bamf

2 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Clearly you read the first sentence and that's it. Did you not read an sdar took out an orca? Maybe while you're on you've never seen a disabled orca because you all can't shoot worth shit.

Here comes another "super rebel" to interrupt discussion with his : "if i was a cop i would destroy orcas with my 6.5 and less all day long". You would think that arma is game for mature people that understand what discussion is (debate about a specific topic where people can have different opinions) but yeah. 

@Haych mentioned 7.6 and that is what i responded to...

3 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Here comes another "super rebel" to interrupt discussion with his : "if i was a cop i would destroy orcas with my 6.5 and less all day long". You would think that arma is game for mature people that understand what discussion is (debate about a specific topic where people can have different opinions) but yeah. 

You can't say it's op to rebels since cops don't get 7.62 when he said an sdar shot it down. I've played career cop and rebel. At least 70% of the APD is new players that can't shoot to save their lives.

kingtoad and Gubber Flexx like this
13 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

It genuinely isn't hard to shoot down an orca with 6.5's especially now because im pretty sure 5.56's and above can pierce the bed of an orca. 7.62's are obviously mainly used by rebels at cartels etc, so changing the Orca script so rotors and can't be shot out as easily would really only affect cartel fights as 6.5's can still takedown orca's.

4 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

You can't say it's op to rebels since cops don't get 7.62 when he said an sdar shot it down. I've played career cop and rebel. At least 70% of the APD is new players that can't shoot to save their lives.

I didnt say it is OP I said that in current environment cops dont have consistent way of dealing with orca, unless i am expected for the next bank to buy SDAR and walk up to an orca and disable it. Yes, most of the apd are new people that buy arma and play 14days on asylum and them join apd but that is not the topic we are talking about now. 

33 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

You want to buff the orca in environment where cops who do get 7.62 (LT) dont play the game (dont need to) which means orca is free escape most of the time at rebel vs cop events. If you would to mention swat i think we know that swat does not disable orcas because swat is there at the start of event. I fight your elysium/synergy every day on cop and i am yet to see that we disabled orca. On the other hand if you are speaking about cartels i can understand that but such a change would impact rebel vs cop as well. 

Read the whole sentence. I'm not asking for the Orca to be buffed, i'm asking for the script to be slightly adjusted because currently its ridiculous. The Orca is not even that OP to begin with.

Cadets are able to simply disable to main rotor of the Orca using half a magazine just by shooting anywhere that isn't the main rotor. Last night we witnessed 5 7.62 shots from a distance completely disable the main rotor. You know when there's a problem when a SDAR banger can disable your main rotors.

The Orca is not the tank it used to be so I don't know why this script is even active in the first place. Without the script, the Orca is not that hard to disable anyway, all it takes is some solid focus fire on the back rotor/fuel tank with a 5.56 or above.

1 hour ago, Haych said:

Wasn't you the one who cried for about 2 hours on the forums last time about wanting to make the Orca stronger? :shrug:

He made that huge post complaining that as an orca pilot at a cartel fight you are unable to land and pick up your entire team without being shot out and wanted the pilot to get godmode/regain HP script :P

Haych, JIMBO and Monster like this
14 minutes ago, Keneith said:

I seen a guy get shot out of the orca with a p07 with 1 shot fresh from the garage, along with multiple times with a rook, with the current stats of the orca you might as well just use a humming bird

That explains why the 5.56 still can't go thru the glass while the orca is landed spooling while I'm 10m away.....ye