Change log 7.7.0

bamf

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I mean, if people would tell us about bugs rather than exploiting them for their benefit (aka, Beer), we'd be able to fix things much more efficiently.

3 hours ago, Bikstok said:

You say that, but I remember submitting a report about tactical view 3-4 months before it finally got fixed. And I had to write that code myself..

The beer thing was news to me as well.

3 hours ago, Keneith said:

How about the dog meat?

Fucking lmao.

10/10 Keneith drinks on me haha

Keneith likes this
On 9/25/2016 at 7:52 AM, Haych said:

Cap server 1 and 3 at 80 slots until you find the issue so some of us can make money and fight during peak times in peace without the servers having a stroke. The servers have literally been unplayable during peak times since Late May. That's exactly 4 months of playing without experiencing the servers having some sort of a performance issue.

It's ruining gang activity, its ruining the new player base, it's ruining a persons average playtime, its ruining cop play times, it's pretty much ruining everything you can think of. If the servers can't handle a mere 100 people, just pull the trigger and reduce the slots, it's been long enough, 4 months enough.

Why 80?

3 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Bio, people get kicked (that are in game) and server goes to sh*t everytime when it's full. It's been a problem for some time now. Unplayable during US prime time. 

Alright, is it still an issue? If so I'll put a message in admin chat so bamf can see it 

also this is my 1000th post :)

Edited by BioHazard
17 hours ago, Parker said:

4ddfe1359f6dbbed6ce7c66b9e3db0a7.png

Some pretty high tier DDOS protection. I don't remember the website going down near as much until cloudflare was added.

It doesn't help when only one IP is being filtered through Cloud flare.

ibsfsnj.png

Cloudflare isn't setup correctly, therefore making it useless.

@bamf

@Gnashes

Edited by Jaxon
Furnie Mack, Keneith, Haych and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Imagine a world with a public git repository where other developers could open issues and submit pull requests to be reviewed by the owners. It would be so beautiful!

6 hours ago, Bikstok said:

I think Asylum could benefit immensely from being more open towards new contributors. Especially in regards to locating new bugs.

I have to disagree. While there are times where we definitely do benefit from outside contributors, on the whole, I think making the repo public would be a bad idea.

Part of the problem is that we don't just need code that works, we need good code. SQF is a retarded language, and as such, attracts retarded code. Paratus and I are both software engineers for a living, and there have still been many times where we've both been stuck shaking our heads and saying "wtf Bohemia?"

That said, if you could see some of the code that people have sent us to "fix" things, or even some of the really old contributor code (both in the mission, and on the website), you'd probably cry.

The time it would take for us to review, understand, and test the code (meaning make sure it doesn't regress anything else) would probably take just as long as it would for us to write it ourselves. And that's without wasting our time on the bad code that would be submitted.

It's a nice idea in theory, but it wont happen.

MR. COW, Volunteer281, Scott and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, Jaxon said:

It doesn't help when only one IP is being filtered through Cloud flare.

ibsfsnj.png

Cloudflare isn't setup correctly, therefore making it useless.

@bamf

@Gnashes

@Tyler this is exactly what I was trying to explain to you while roasting you in Jake's teamspeak.

Cloudflare is completely useless the way they have it set up. 100% useless. I offered to help develop and protect the website and never heard back from @bamf

Edited by ₴avagє
1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

That's not how it works? 

Explain to me how it works then. 

Infact, here is a picture of my forum being correctly configured through Cloudflare, while going through a hosting service rather then a virtual private server.

unpbstb.png

qitgozq.png

So yes, I would love to see why my claim "isnt how it works".

of course, if people already have the backend it's useless, but not protecting your backend and only protecting the domain is also useless.

@speed

@bamf

On 9/16/2016 at 11:54 AM, bamf said:

We have a compromise on the money cap that we think protects the integrity of the game, but also gives the community something that it has really asked for - removal of the money cap.  So with that being said, here are the changes:  

• The money cap is now variable dependent upon the amount of prestige you currently have.  The prestige values are:
    • 500,000 prestige - money cap is $1,500,000
    • 1,000,000 prestige - money cap is $2,000,000
    • 5,000,000 prestige - money cap is $6,000,000
    • 10,000,000 prestige - money cap is removed
  • If your prestige falls below the threshold for your current cap, the money above that amount will automatically be converted back into prestigePlease take note of this.
  • Suicide vests have become less stable on the island.  Being shot in the chest while wearing a suicide vest may result in the vest detonating on its own.  Please note: Initiation rules still apply to shooting someone with a suicide vest.  You must have initiation with the people in the area if you are going to blow someone up wearing a vest.  
  • Drug runners are now requiring pilots of higher skill.
  • Drug runner missions will now be more dynamic.
  • Fixed a few bugs related to undercover APD officers re-gearing.
  • AK variants now require the Marksman talent to continue holding the weapons.
  • The Air shop in Sofia has moved to the other end of the runway due to recent rises in crime at the original location.
  • Various exploit fixes.
  • The radius for doing a prison break has been expanded to 20m.

Hotfix 1:

• Federal reserve gold bar spawning disabled temporarily
  • Other tweaks to look for the cause of client disconnects

Hotfix 2:

• The federal reserve system has been re-enabled (gold bars will spawn again)
  • The Most Prestigious list is now the Most Wealthy.  This goes by money you have stored in the bank.  
  • Drug runner payouts have been tweaked to account for an error in the calculation of the reward.  This will cut both ways, but at least now it will be accurate all the time.  
  • Drug runner missions will now give you slightly more time.  
  • Several group cap bugs have been addressed.

Hotfix 3:

• Stuff related to the Patch.
  • Asylum Exchange mailbox NPC at the Pyrgos Government complex.

Hotfix 4:

• Welcome back HUD (heads up display).
  • Additional gas stations have been added to Altis.  Potentially more to come.
  • The corn and rye at the prison is now more hardy.
  • Checkpoint locations updated

Hotfix 5

• Meth, pure cocaine, and sugar are now more valuable.
  • Tanoa has gained a second cannabis field and processor.
  • The poppy field on Tanoa has moved.
  • Crates in houses should now function more reliably.
  • Lots of behind the scenes performance enhancements.
  • APD vehicles with alarms should function more reliably.
  • Suicide vests are less likely to explode when you die.

Hotfix 6:

Crates enabled again. 

Hotfix 7:

• You can now place crates again.
  • Car alarms should now properly be added to vehicles.  Please select the fact that you intend to purchase an alarm before selecting the vehicle (I'll get that part working later, but for now just select alarm first).  The alarms persist even when your vehicle is stored.
  • Gang tags now show in system chat when a player is downed.
  • Skydiving pricing shows correctly on Tanoa now.
  • Having a drink will still relax you, but will no longer impact your shooting ability in a positive manner.  
  • Various exploit fixes related to restraints.

Being as there is no bridge to connect katkoula to the other cities, could you add a sugar processing to that island possibly? Cause you can only do spirit via boat or heli/slingloading