Change log 7.7.0

bamf

13 minutes ago, Lightningxo said:

some1 knows when the admins will enable putting new crates in ur house becauze gg 21k .... . i just think the mods , admins, devs trying to do everything to get the server as smooth as possible as fast as possible they forget one thing inform the players ....

Mods and admins are not doing anything on the dev side. that's all paratus, bamf, gnashes and speed.

9 minutes ago, MR. COW said:

Am i the only one who cant place crates?

ive the same problem , i get a notification when i wanna put my crate down something about admins disabled house storages during bohamut update etc etc something like that and we dont get an answer when they are going to fix it or that they are fixing it ...

Just now, Lightningxo said:

ive the same problem , i get a notification when i wanna put my crate down something about admins disabled house storages during bohamut update etc etc something like that and we dont get an answer when they are going to fix it or that they are fixing it ...

11 minutes ago, MR. COW said:

Am i the only one who cant place crates?

Are you guys blind?

Ill fax you a braille copy

Axe likes this
1 hour ago, Tusken Raider said:

The amount of people asking the same question about crates is making me go crazy. It's a shame we don't have a position in the community to update us or inform us about these things.  Maybe we should get a community manager or something like that.

I brought this argument up before and it does seem like @Olio @Volunteer281 are trying and will probably like to give us some information on the matter, but they probably know as much as we do. It's a shame the communication between the CM's and Dev's seem non existent so we pretty much have to wait for the devs to inform the community on such matters.

I personally would like to see Bamf/Paratus be more vocal to their CM's. At this point the title of CM should just be titled to something like Head/Senior Admins if all they are doing is dealing with other Admins and Moderators and not actually filling in the role of being a Community Manager. 

Here's a example of the CM's from 2 of the largest UK communities. Small updates and announcements like this make such a big difference when it comes to informing your community about certain matters, wether it's big or small.

Edited by Haych
MR. COW and Big Bird like this
56 minutes ago, Haych said:

I brought this argument up before and it does seem like @Olio @Volunteer281 are trying and will probably like to give us some information on the matter, but they probably know as much as we do. It's a shame the communication between the CM's and Dev's seem non existent so we pretty much have to wait for the devs to inform the community on such matters.

I personally would like to see Bamf/Paratus be more vocal to their CM's. At this point the title of CM should just be titled to something like Head/Senior Admins if all they are doing is dealing with other Admins and Moderators and not actually filling in the role of being a Community Manager. 

Here's a example of the CM's from 2 of the largest UK communities. Small updates and announcements like this make such a big difference when it comes to informing your community about certain matters, wether it's big or small.

Even if they don't know much them posting " we are aware of current crate bugs please be patient as our dev team fixes it." Rather than some new player making a new post about it or going through 20 pages of patch notes to be told by a dev that they are disabled because it is not easy to be found if you are a new player.

Haych and kingtoad like this

Hotfix 7:

• You can now place crates again.
  • Car alarms should now properly be added to vehicles.  Please select the fact that you intend to purchase an alarm before selecting the vehicle (I'll get that part working later, but for now just select alarm first).  The alarms persist even when your vehicle is stored.
  • Gang tags now show in system chat when a player is downed.
  • Skydiving pricing shows correctly on Tanoa now.
  • Having a drink will still relax you, but will no longer impact your shooting ability in a positive manner.  
  • Various exploit fixes related to restraints.
.Sean, william, Goku and 2 others like this
1 hour ago, Tusken Raider said:

Even if they don't know much them posting " we are aware of current crate bugs please be patient as our dev team fixes it." Rather than some new player making a new post about it or going through 20 pages of patch notes to be told by a dev that they are disabled because it is not easy to be found if you are a new player.

Feeling better now? look above.

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 7:

• Having a drink will still relax you, but will no longer impact your shooting ability in a positive manner.

I'd like to send a shout out to @TRAV for bringing this up... my in game character will no longer be an Alcoholic because you ruined it for him. Still love you though.. on the other side of things @bamf appreciate all the hard work you and @speed @Gnashes and @Paratus are putting in to fix everything.. I'm excited to finally lay my crates down in my new houses. :)

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Just because the code is open source; doesn't mean people are capable of writing in it properly.

Hell, I'm a well educated individual, and I still fuck shit up a few times before I can make it work usually. I just have the benefit of a development server which I can patch and restart with script errors on.

I understand Arma doesn't really have a testing environment as efficient as most development frameworks have, but that doesn't mean you can't implement your own requirements for testing code written by a 3rd party. I think Asylum could benefit immensely from being more open towards new contributors. Especially in regards to locating new bugs.

Miles and Serpico like this
2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I mean, if people would tell us about bugs rather than exploiting them for their benefit (aka, Beer), we'd be able to fix things much more efficiently.

You say that, but I remember submitting a report about tactical view 3-4 months before it finally got fixed. And I had to write that code myself..

The beer thing was news to me as well.

JIMBO likes this
11 hours ago, Yung Kali-G said:

Pretty sure Paratus just downgraded the servers when we had all those problems with Bohemia and he couldnt make money though donations. :shrug:

11 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

This maybe....

11 hours ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Well, they can never admit that even if it is true.

And if he did could you blame him? If he doesn't get enough money with donations I would imagine it's out of his own pocket. If he did downgrade them, at least they are still up. Most people if they were not making money would just close it down and be done.

4 minutes ago, Phil. said:

And if he did could you blame him? If he doesn't get enough money with donations I would imagine it's out of his own pocket. If he did downgrade them, at least they are still up. Most people if they were not making money would just close it down and be done.

He was also given 200 thousand dollars to make a game something like that? That game isn't anywhere near released and the money was from people that loved his previous game asylum.

If im wrong on any of that please correct me if not, well

hey @Bikstok can I have my gold star back, I WON IT FAIR AND SQUARE

http://my.gaming-asylum.com/rankings.php - still broken, did you manage to take a look at the war points yet? Should be 1-3 kills to equal ones death worth, but 40 kills for 1 death.. @bamf

Could just set it to a set amount per kill and death, like capping for example, 3 per kill 5 per death or something along those lines, victory ranking hasn't worked since it got released, why is that still a thing? These seasons sure do take a while..

Bikstok likes this
18 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

He was also given 200 thousand dollars to make a game something like that? That game isn't anywhere near released and the money was from people that loved his previous game asylum.

If im wrong on any of that please correct me if not, well

Not sure on any of that, I'm sure it's going to happen. Just have to be patient. Any news on Identity? Haven't seen any activity on it's forums or Dev notes in quite a while? @Paratus @bamf

22 minutes ago, _Dax_ said:

yer they dropped . sync came back in and both of them where gone. didnt have shadow play open so didnt get it recorded

Found the issue and it's fixed in dev.  I'll run a server side patch in a bit to get that fixed for everyone.  

Edit:  This is what it thought the worldspace of that crate should be:  à®ä¡

Gatorade likes this