Short & Simple.

Toasted

There simply isn't as much skill anymore within Asylum Severs let's all be honest. If you truly think about it, its more about CQC.

What do i mean? It's about who could take more shots with lag & desync. There are more CQC cancerfest battles than actual fucking shooting.

(I don't mean skill, skill doesn't mean shit anymore but what does matter is desync and specifically desync with CSAT fatigues.) 

Example: There's a guy on star rocks, you go to flank him but his head is in the rock, you shoot 3 bullets all of them hit but he is only brought down to 10 HP and is now behind a rock which you cannot see. He can now fuck you.

Bring back the Tac Vest or Remove CSATS.  (Haven't tested the Tac Vest W/ Csats.)

It doesn't matter about group cap if you can't kill a guy

There is no top gang because skill no longer exists with lag & csats.

Being on a good flank from afar no longer matters if you could tank rounds like Chuck Norris.

I never asked for CSATs back and neither did the majority of the community. We just thought they looked cooler.

@Shepurd montage:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbIPPLFPH0

Shows off some "nasty" shots that are no longer possible due to CSAT fatigues. (Or very difficult/lucky)

Edited by Toasted
[i]CoZi, Walt Jr., Yung God and 3 others like this

CSATS need to stay because Armas damage handler is so strict. Leg shots are letal. Making 50% of your hitbox 1 shot-able. But Tac-Vests wont solve the problems. Its Pilots that are worse (its been tested) than the normal CSATS. Some form of CSAT needs to stay simply because Arma's damage handler. 

Haych and BioHazard like this
Just now, Axe said:

CSATS need to stay because Armas damage handler is so strict. Leg shots are letal. Making 50% of your hitbox 1 shot-able. But Tac-Vests wont solve the problems. Its Pilots that are worse (its been tested) than the normal CSATS. Some form of CSAT needs to stay simply because Arma's damage handler. 

1 shots are not necessarily a bad thing makes you play different more skill based in my opinion

my opinion on this post +1 id rather them completely just get rid of ccats and coveralls but if devs cant do this at least make it so u can only wear a tac vest if your wearing them

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

1 shots are not necessarily a bad thing makes you play different more skill based in my opinion

my opinion on this post +1 id rather them completely just get rid of ccats and coveralls but if devs cant do this at least make it so u can only wear a tac vest if your wearing them

Being able to 1 tap from 900m+ because half of your hitbox is 1 shot-able is not skill. That makes it a game of positioning. You think cartels are boring now? Remove CSAT and then watch. Everyone will be too scared to expose any part of their body. 

Pentax and FudgeR like this

Earlier today @troublesome got caught out in the open by me I hit him 5 times on my screen but god only knows what it looked like for him considering when he got to cover I got straight roasted :frog: , also I just fucking suck and csats don't help the matter when you have to hit someone with half a mag to put them down

Edited by House.
1 hour ago, House. said:

Earlier today @troublesome got caught out in the open by me I hit him 5 times on my screen but god only knows what it looked like for him considering when he got to cover I got straight roasted :frog: , also I just fucking suck and csats don't help the matter when you have to hit someone with half a mag to put them down

you nerds got played don't be mad. Talk shit get Hit :frog:.

but seriously the hit boxes of people on rocks is retarded as well.

.Sean, Corgi and Steve like this
3 hours ago, Feenix said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSaR4RVb8sI

If CSATS were a thing in Pete's montage we would probably see less kills or amazing kills.

Look how smooth every kill is, people actually die when you shoot them. Times of no Dsync, no CSATs, stable server. It was nice seeing a wide range of Ghillies and different fatigues being used as well.

Unfortunately as CSAT is linked to people paying tons of money, the only option we can hope for is the armour stacking script/ skin clone, but for some reason @bamf is still yet to implement it.

Addition of CSAT Fatigues was fine, but adding Pilot Coveralls was the biggest mistake they made.

Edited by Haych
pete likes this
8 hours ago, Axe said:

Being able to 1 tap from 900m+ because half of your hitbox is 1 shot-able is not skill. That makes it a game of positioning. You think cartels are boring now? Remove CSAT and then watch. Everyone will be too scared to expose any part of their body. 

This is a game of positioning hello. Even if they leave them it is still a game of positioning. Peek fast and peek different spots not just the same one. 

7 hours ago, Monkeysz said:

Easy fix that has been said before just re-skin the Pilot Coveralls over another piece of clothing people pay for the coveralls not for the CSAT and then just remove CSAT`s all together and if you don`t like it fuck off

I didnt pay to look like a pilot I payed to win. Sadly I cant seem to win with them either. 

11 hours ago, Toasted said:

I never asked for CSATs back and neither did the majority of the community. We just thought they looked cooler.

Blatant Lie. The community begged for CSAT fatigues and pilot coveralls. As far as I'm aware, you were either taking a break or banned when this happened. No chance they're getting removed when people like the boy @Addon literally emptied their bank accounts to unlock csat coveralls. Stop whining anyways Toasted. You were shit when CSATs weren't a thing and you're still shit now. Not much has changed buddy.

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

Blatant Lie. The community begged for CSAT fatigues and pilot coveralls. As far as I'm aware, you were either taking a break or banned when this happened. No chance they're getting removed when people like the boy @Addon literally emptied their bank accounts to unlock csat coveralls. Stop whining anyways Toasted. You were shit when CSATs weren't a thing and you're still shit now. Not much has changed buddy.

No chill bruh

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

God bless the admin that approved this

1 hour ago, Eazy said:
4 hours ago, Gareth said:

Blantant Lie? CSATS were removed because they were too OP in the first place the ability to jump out of a moving helicopter and survive was hilarious.

You act like when they were removed people still screamed "He tanked so many bullets." No one fucking screamed that because they actually died.

As for me being "getting zero kills" the game is shitty now, i have no motivation to play to appeal myself to you those times are over and desync has taken over.

Why would i still play this stale state of a game where its just push & trade with another opponent and have to wait 10 minutes for someone to push again.

If they had a donation bar that would show how much money needed to run the server i'll be more than happy to send some money for entertainment.

Edited by Toasted
Feenix likes this
2 minutes ago, Toasted said:

Blantant Lie? CSATS were removed because they were too OP in the first place the ability to jump out of a moving helicopter and survive was hilarious.

You act like when they were removed people still screamed "He tanked so many bullets." No one fucking screamed that because they actually died.

As for me being "getting zero kills" the game is shitty now, i have no motivation to play to appeal myself to you those times are over and desync has taken over.

Why would i still play this stale state of a game where its just push & trade with another opponent and have to wait 10 minutes for someone to push again.

If they had a donation bar that would show how much money needed to run the server i'll be more than happy to send some money for entertainment.

Hey dude you're wrong!!!!! 

It takes 2 hours for a push on this server!!!!

14 hours ago, Feenix said:

??? never claimed he was good fuck is your problem .

Not a blatant lie either my boy Austin created Polls before he got permed from the forums and majority of people didn't want them back.

Free Krypton

- Paid Sponser by Nike

Alrighty Buddy...

changing your post doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite

Edited by Gareth
5 minutes ago, Toasted said:

Don't play then. Trust me, Nobody would care if you weren't here.

25 minutes ago, Toasted said:

Shitty game, no motivation to play, doesnt play anymore;  still manages to describe how cartel fights are. 

I honestly dont know how you can give an opinion considering your gang doesn't play

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 5:58 AM, Axe said:

Summed it up perfectly. Couldn't agree more. If CSAT's were removed people would feel as if they had no armour at all, and fights would be boring as neither player will take risks.

15 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Still love how they were removed for being OP only to come back for real cash.  But gotta stop living in the past and push for either the removal or tac vest script

You don't seem to understand....

They were OP on Arma's old damage handler, where Armor was applied as a blanket and not regional. Wearing a vest gave your arms and legs armor. Then the the damage system changed to being regional. Which made your torso a tank, and your legs paper. 

With the old damage system, they were broken

With the new one, they still are, but necessary. Pilot coveralls amplify this problem much more so than regular CSAT hex fatigues. 

Also. Its not as if you could only use any type of CSAT if you paid. That was not the case. Anyone could use the snowman fatigues, and without night time, that hardly made a difference so it didn't really matter. The problem arose when Pilots were added as an idea for a "skin". 

Like it's been said, the devs/CMs probably did think they are identical, as that what the ARMA stats say, as well as basic knowledge. But none of the people that made that decision log near the hours of the people that actually understand that they are broken. By the time this was brought to their attention, I'm sure they tried to sweep it under the rug. And removing them puts them in a hard place. Because people did not shell out hundreds of dollars for a cosmetic item (technically you did only pay for the cosmetics, as benefits can't be pay to win, but people were spending money because they knew they were broken). The people that spent absurd amounts of money, did so because they knew they had a hidden benefit. At first, this was a few people, but this propagated into a large portion of the community shelling out hundreds for this "skin". There's a reason people would be angry if a reskinned version was added  (Hex fatigues with the Pilot SKIN). And thats because the mechanics would be different on them. 

There are people that donate to support the servers they are allowed to play on, for FREE. There are some people open crates (IE the vehicle ones) for a skin and no added benefit. But you'll notice, the crate sales on the crates with pilots is far higher than the sales of the vehicle crates. And there is a reason behind that. It is not just a coincidence. 

/rant

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, Axe said:

/rant

Pluserino1

Normal CSAT Fatigues are perfectly fine. The issue is Coveralls. People think that we want CSATs removed overall, thats not the case, we just want broken Coveralls removed until Bohemia fix's them which I doubt will happen. If Axe's spreadsheet is not enough proof, I guess all we can do is make a detailed video for the Devs to see the issue. 

Sure people payed money for them, but for the sake of it not being P2W and balance reasons, im sure we can come up with a alternative.

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

Pluserino1

Normal CSAT Fatigues are perfectly fine. The issue is Coveralls. People think that we want CSATs removed overall, thats not the case, we just want broken Coveralls removed until Bohemia fix's them which I doubt will happen. If Axe's spreadsheet is not enough proof, I guess all we can do is make a detailed video for the Devs to see the issue. 

Sure people payed money for them, but for the sake of it not being P2W and balance reasons, im sure we can come up with a alternative.

Make the regular Urbans skin to the Pilot skin if they have it. That way no one can try and pull any legal/chargeback bullshiut saying stuff they paid for got removed. Remember, they DONATED for a COSMETIC skin . :frog: 

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, Axe said:

You don't seem to understand....

They were OP on Arma's old damage handler, where Armor was applied as a blanket and not regional. Wearing a vest gave your arms and legs armor. Then the the damage system changed to being regional. Which made your torso a tank, and your legs paper. 

With the old damage system, they were broken

With the new one, they still are, but necessary. Pilot coveralls amplify this problem much more so than regular CSAT hex fatigues. 

Also. Its not as if you could only use any type of CSAT if you paid. That was not the case. Anyone could use the snowman fatigues, and without night time, that hardly made a difference so it didn't really matter. The problem arose when Pilots were added as an idea for a "skin". 

Like it's been said, the devs/CMs probably did think they are identical, as that what the ARMA stats say, as well as basic knowledge. But none of the people that made that decision log near the hours of the people that actually understand that they are broken. By the time this was brought to their attention, I'm sure they tried to sweep it under the rug. And removing them puts them in a hard place. Because people did not shell out hundreds of dollars for a cosmetic item (technically you did only pay for the cosmetics, as benefits can't be pay to win, but people were spending money because they knew they were broken). The people that spent absurd amounts of money, did so because they knew they had a hidden benefit. At first, this was a few people, but this propagated into a large portion of the community shelling out hundreds for this "skin". There's a reason people would be angry if a reskinned version was added  (Hex fatigues with the Pilot SKIN). And thats because the mechanics would be different on them. 

There are people that donate to support the servers they are allowed to play on, for FREE. There are some people open crates (IE the vehicle ones) for a skin and no added benefit. But you'll notice, the crate sales on the crates with pilots is far higher than the sales of the vehicle crates. And there is a reason behind that. It is not just a coincidence. 

/rant

Even after that Arma update, people still asked for them to be added back in and were told no for the reason of the coveralls being OP.  It's not a well-kept secret that the coveralls are broken even before the lootcrate update.  Most people with lots of time on Arma know it.  They were added in for an advantage and a reason to buy the loot crates.  Which i'm not trying to sound like an asshole, I do love Asylum and what they've created is outstanding.  But what specifically the pilot coveralls have been cancer to gameplay and it's been like that since day one of the lootcrates and is yet to be fixed by removal or some kind of script.  But at least CSAT fatigues aren't a bright white anymore, that's a plus.