Change Log 6.6.5

Paratus

Guys, as one of the staff members said before. Be patient, it really does take time figuring out where things are gonna go. I for one, am excited for the modded server. At the same time, I don't want to play a broken game either, I'm glad they're ironing the kinks out before opening it up to the public.
To make the game as fun as possible they need to find places to place everything. Which when it comes to legal things, is not too difficult. For  illegal zones though, such as the distillery for instance, that need's to be in an area that has its strong and weak points. Think about it, if they haphazardly threw an illegal area into a small valley for instance. A would be usurper could easily overtake someone through high ground advantage (Just an example)
Just give it time people, we are all excited and anxious for this new server to come out. Let the staff do their thing though.
As for the mods on the new server, I've been watching those mods on the list change with frequency. If anything, I think that the staff is currently testing different mods to see what would offer a good balance.
The ONLY thing that I would ask for from the staff, is that when they decided on a vehicle pack. That they'd at least let us know what it is. I've played many mods and I have noticed that some of the modded pack vehicles are worse than driving a potato hatchback from vanilla Arma.
I will also say this separately from my earlier statement. As a cop, I am wondering if we will be stuck with the same Emergency lights & sirens deal.  I've seen many mods that give  different light bars, options that allow to change the light pattern on said light bars and, also give a wide variety of siren options. With Asylum making a move towards the modded aspect, the options for civ, cop and, rebel are now virtually endless.

ignore any and all minor craft typos leave. I wrote this out right after I woke up, so my mind wasn't fully alert and functioning yet. if I have time later I will go back and correct any and all typos that I may find.

Edited by Capt Pepper
Typo apology
Dip Dip Potato Chip likes this
On 19.2.2016 at 10:00 PM, Paratus said:

Next week you will most likely see our first modded server. To start, it's not going to be very different from regular Asylum servers in terms of gameplay, but it will feature new guns, new vehicles, and more. It may even be on a whole new landmass.

xDDD "next week" xDDD

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs with dropping your virtual inventory on death.
  • Scotch and sea turtles have been added to the dynamic market.
  • Australian police officers can now purchase the offroad as intended.
  • Fixed car spawn points in Brisbane.
  • Added a salt trader to southern Australia.
  • Fixed issues with jury duty on Australia.
  • Fixed a bug with storage crates being added to new house types on Australia.
  • Vehicles on Stratis and Australia will now come back to your garage properly.
Just now, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs with dropping your virtual inventory on death.
  • Scotch and sea turtles have been added to the dynamic market.
  • Australian police officers can now purchase the offroad as intended.
  • Fixed car spawn points in Brisbane.
  • Added a salt trader to southern Australia.
  • Fixed issues with jury duty on Australia.
  • Fixed a bug with storage crates being added to new house types on Australia.
  • Vehicles on Stratis and Australia will now come back to your garage properly.

first

On 3/5/2016 at 1:44 AM, Capt Pepper said:

Guys, as one of the staff members said before. Be patient, it really does take time figuring out where things are gonna go. I for one, am excited for the modded server. At the same time, I don't want to play a broken game either, I'm glad they're ironing the kinks out before opening it up to the public.
To make the game as fun as possible they need to find places to place everything. Which when it comes to legal things, is not too difficult. For  illegal zones though, such as the distillery for instance, that need's to be in an area that has its strong and weak points. Think about it, if they haphazardly threw an illegal area into a small valley for instance. A would be usurper could easily overtake someone through high ground advantage (Just an example)
Just give it time people, we are all excited and anxious for this new server to come out. Let the staff do their thing though.
As for the mods on the new server, I've been watching those mods on the list change with frequency. If anything, I think that the staff is currently testing different mods to see what would offer a good balance.
The ONLY thing that I would ask for from the staff, is that when they decided on a vehicle pack. That they'd at least let us know what it is. I've played many mods and I have noticed that some of the modded pack vehicles are worse than driving a potato hatchback from vanilla Arma.
I will also say this separately from my earlier statement. As a cop, I am wondering if we will be stuck with the same Emergency lights & sirens deal.  I've seen many mods that give  different light bars, options that allow to change the light pattern on said light bars and, also give a wide variety of siren options. With Asylum making a move towards the modded aspect, the options for civ, cop and, rebel are now virtually endless.

ignore any and all minor craft typos leave. I wrote this out right after I woke up, so my mind wasn't fully alert and functioning yet. if I have time later I will go back and correct any and all typos that I may find.

+1 you're getting corporal now congrats +1

Capt Pepper likes this
11 minutes ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

some thing needs to be done about the insane amount of cops that play cause you cant even do anything illegal at all like i attempt to run weed and theres always cops at pros!! You should be able to run drugs with out cops there all the time!

its just the novelty of the server, after a week it will balance out.

Gubber Flexx likes this
27 minutes ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

some thing needs to be done about the insane amount of cops that play cause you cant even do anything illegal at all like i attempt to run weed and theres always cops at pros!! You should be able to run drugs with out cops there all the time!

I have a feeling, now I haven't played this server yet nor seen anything about it but I feel like if your money transfers over then Aussie will be for fun and not for making money

1 hour ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

Yea it should be realistic when im running weed in real life I don't see a cop every time I go to unload.... This def needs to be fixed. lol

Gubber Flexx likes this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Are we ever going to see the modded weapons, vehicles and uniforms on Altis?  None of the changed up gameplay, just the new modded content.

So ur saying mods but without a new system. just like a new coat of paint for the old servers?

6 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I'm saying keep gameplay as it is now, like don't remove the RCO, MRCO and ARCO from Altis servers as well as most of their changes to gameplay but still want the modded content, that isn't too hard to understand.

I think the Aussie life was more of a proving ground for seeing the communities interest in mods and what they could do with them.

I really do hope that they bring mods to the Asylum Altis Life servers, would love to see new vehicles/weapons/clothing and other systems they could create.  Obviously they want to stay true to form of ease of access and I see the new map as kind of a experiment as far as how they want to implement Tanoa.  

Just now, Ranger said:

I think the Aussie life was more of a proving ground for seeing the communities interest in mods and what they could do with them.

I really do hope that they bring mods to the Asylum Altis Life servers, would love to see new vehicles/weapons/clothing and other systems they could create.  Obviously they want to stay true to form of ease of access and I see the new map as kind of a experiment as far as how they want to implement Tanoa.  

There's obviously a huge interest in modding.  With the Arma launcher, it's incredibly simple and I think most people figured out how to get into the server...I had to spam enter with a macro for thirty minutes for fuck sake.  Hopefully I can roll around with a AK47 soon enough.

2 hours ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

Don't sit by a major city. Go into the red zone that we are supposed to stay away from. Its honestly a pretty simple solution man lol.