We're changing data centers

bamf

1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Hell yeah, thanks for looking into that! This is some great news from Asylum, I'm looking forward to the migration and as I said, if we do end up with a Western US server, I'll donate monthly to keep it going. 

P.S. If you get time, please look at my PM. 

Fuck that please keep asylum 4 mainly east coast

|Cam| likes this
55 minutes ago, Bishop said:
1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

so this move will be soon? Possibley within the next week? Also will this affect the splunk stats?

To my knowledge, Splunk operates on its own dedicated server, and should not be affected.

Edited by Cynica
2 hours ago, bamf said:

Actually, OVH has had a sustained DDoS attack (not necessarily directed at us, but at other OVH customers) so it likely is DDoS (just not in the way we thought).  I was in a meeting with Radware yesterday, and someone has been hitting OVH with a DDoS attack utilizing a botnet of iOT devices.  So @Tiger I think we very likely are affected by that. ;)

Either way OVH is easy to hit off especially if you can properly abuse layer 7 attacks. Used to have OVH and eventually switched over to Voxility due to DDoS. More expensive but shit it worked.

2 minutes ago, Cynica said:

I am sure they have taken measures to ensure that the database is being synchronized between the 5 of them. This is very simple offloading the data to a centralized database.

Except they aren't... Anything you do on server one right now only reflects there. 

Edited by 3rik
Typo
5 minutes ago, Cynica said:

I am sure they have taken measures to ensure that the database is being synchronized between the 5 of them. This is very simple offloading the data to a centralized database.

Not really considering everything on S1 is not syncing with any other server. I have 900k on S1 and 700k on the other servers. My bounty is different same with my load-out.  

Just now, 3rik said:

Except they aren't... Anything you do on server one right now only reflects there. 

Just now, Haych said:

Not really considering everything on S1 is not syncing with any other server. I have 900k on S1 and 700k on the other servers. My bounty is different same with my load-out.  

Ahh, then they must be using a different database on one to make sure there are no hidden variables for their testing purposes.

17 minutes ago, Cynica said:

Ahh, then they must be using a different database on one to make sure there are no hidden variables for their testing purposes.

Or, someone might've forgotten to configure extDb to connect to the right database. For example, if you left "localhost" in the field and moved to a different machine, you would connect to a database, just not the right one.

Edit: that is, if you just cloned the vm

Edit2: im also just a pleb, dont trust me i am probably wrong

Edited by 3rik
36 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

I know a few people who do within the community. 3-4 people do :) 

A lot of people 'Own a hosting company" but are simply re-sellers.. He actually owns his own racks and hardware..

35 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

Out of interest.. what are the server specs? :)

Not sure exactly, maybe he will chirp in here but I know he just installed some crazy CPU ones specifically for arma servers..

Sandra Bollock and BioHazard like this
31 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

You know that his website is fake and you really can't do anything but see fake information on it?

Its a new business and isn't fully developed yet.. I'm a web developer and he was telling me about how they are working on automating the ordering and provisioning process..

How is it fake? I've been on teamviewer and looking at his NewEgg order history as he was telling me about his arma server configurations. 

1 minute ago, JoMilla said:

Its a new business and isn't fully developed yet.. I'm a web developer and he was telling me about how they are working on automating the ordering and provisioning process..

How is it fake? I've been on teamviewer and looking at his NewEgg order history as he was telling me about his arma server configurations. 

Maybe the fact that half of the order buttons work and he has a bad rep of doing scummy things and bragging about it before leaving?