What happen to winning meant having cap?

Zaxalx

I lost a couple braincells reading some of these replies.

Oh and now that Group lead is gone, have fun being killed by players with much better game sense then you. Players who actually flank, sneak and out position you. Out positioning your opponent and shooting them in the back is just as good as a skill to know than 3rd person peaking. Why do some people think that makes a player bad? surely if he got behind you, out flanked you, that makes him better no?

Edited by Haych
3 hours ago, Haych said:

Oh and now that Group lead is gone, have fun being killed by players with much better game sense then you. Players who actually flank, sneak and out position you. Out positioning your opponent and shooting them in the back is just as good as a skill to know than 3rd person peaking. Why do some people think that makes a player bad? surely if he got behind you, out flanked you, that makes him better no?

Anyone with a brain knows that combat is way more about positioning and knowledge than it is shooting skill. People think these types of players are "bad" simply because they get outplayed. Just the nature of things :)

Haych, Big Fred and Feenix like this

IMO i think its the money cap tbh. What made pre 6.0 so much fun for cartel heavy focus gangs was that we would have so much fuking money just to spend it on cartels alone. Marauders, Insidious, and Bad blood would have 3 way fights for 10+ hrs on weekends all the time and that shit was so fuking intense and fun. Anyone that did play on server 3 at that time would agree how intense cartels was back then on our server at least.

Donk likes this
2 minutes ago, ViiET said:

IMO i think its the money cap tbh. What made pre 6.0 so much fun for cartel heavy focus gangs was that we would have so much fuking money just to spend it on cartels alone. Marauders, Insidious, and Bad blood would have 3 way fights for 10+ hrs on weekends all the time and that shit was so fuking intense and fun. Anyone that did play on server 3 at that time would agree how intense cartels was back then on our server at least.

Money isnt really an issue at all, if you know me you would know i wont spend a fucking minute making money, therefore i literally just get on 30 mins a week to take cartel money and im good for all the fights offered. People are just to much of pussies to make plays anymore, rather make a montage blind firing 30 mags into the air before they land a shot.

People arent afraid of going broke on Asylum, theyre afraid of dropping below their personal "check point" in arma, i always hear people saying "i cant buy a loadout because ill drop below 500k", people are just afraid of not being insanely rich

Edited by Zaxalx
Just now, Zaxalx said:

Money isnt really an issue at all, if you know me you would know i wont spend a fucking minute making money, therefore i literally just get on 30 mins a week to take cartel money and im good for all the fights offered. People are just to much of pussies to make plays anymore, rather make a montage blind firing 30 mags into the air before they land a shot

you're a chinese gold farmer at heart baby. But idk. I dont mind the cartel locations really. Cause we used to fight all 4 cartels back in the days. Who knows though. Tbh it will never be the same again. No matter what paratus do. It's the players at the end of the day. I know you guys on Nv always push and shit which is fun but some gangs dont like it and just sit 1km out. Props to ya gang. RIP good times o7

Just now, ViiET said:

you're a chinese gold farmer at heart baby. But idk. I dont mind the cartel locations really. Cause we used to fight all 4 cartels back in the days. Who knows though. Tbh it will never be the same again. No matter what paratus do. It's the players at the end of the day. I know you guys on Nv always push and shit which is fun but some gangs dont like it and just sit 1km out. Props to ya gang. RIP good times o7

Server 3 2014-2015 RIP M vs BB vs Insidious

On 4/9/2016 at 1:20 PM, Axe said:

and B.) If you had the cartel it was secured for a longer time (Or maybe Im crazy, its been 2yrs, I cant remember)

It was secured for a long time because back then one massive gang dominated each server with no one contesting aside from the occasional trolling or another massive gang from another server logging on.  Very few small gangs would try and cap as it would be certain death.  When a group of 5-10 would try and cap a super gangs cartel it would usually be a lopsided fight 5v10, 8v20, and most likely the smaller group wouldn't try to fight it again due to the numbers.  Gang members complained about this back then and ironically most wanted a group cap.  

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
3 minutes ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

It was secured for a long time because back then one massive gang dominated each server with no one contesting aside from the occasional trolling or another massive gang from another server logging on.  Very few small gangs would try and cap as it would be certain death.  When a group of 5-10 would try and cap a super gangs cartel it would usually be a lopsided fight 5v10, 8v20, and most likely the smaller group wouldn't try to fight it again due to the numbers.  Gang members complained about this back then and ironically most wanted a group cap.  

I see where you're coming from, but hear me out. 

There was a reason then, there is a reason now.

Troll capping for the most part is gone

Pistol capping is gone

Merman capping is gone :( RIP KC

Group cap implemented

When I was in Encore, if people kept switch cartels as opposed to the one we were at, or if they started taking them during a bank, we would continue.

Why?

Because A) We could cap them back in 15 min and B ) They wearnt gaining anything or taking anything from us in reality.

If they were longer lockout times, it'd be more incentive to stop what you're doing and push the cap to save the cap. It should be a punishment for losing the cap.

But if you lose the cap nowadays, by the time you've pushed them off it, they've capped it, but it can be recapped nearly instantly. 

Edited by Axe
Just now, Axe said:

There was a reason then, there is a reason now.

Troll capping for the most part is gone

Pistol capping is gone

Merman capping is gone :( RIP KC

Group cap implemented

When I was in Encore, if people kept switch cartels as opposed to the one we were at, or if they started taking them during a bank, we would continue.

Why?

Because A) We could cap them back in 15 min and B ) They wearnt gaining anything or taking anything from us in reality.

If they were longer lockout times, it'd be more incentive to stop what you're doing and push the cap to save the cap. It should be a punishment for losing the cap.

But if you lose the cap nowadays, by the time you've pushed them off it, they've capped it, but it can be recapped nearly instantly. 

I agree.  With changes come new and unexpected issues.  I'm by no means discounting opinions here as you guys know the new cartel culture changes better than most.  I think tweaks to the timer could be more relevant now as there's more competition.  My previous response was simply to clarify some of the historical issues with the cartel related to your first post on the cartel being secured for a longer time back then.  I don't think the timer has changed at all since then but if you guys can hash out the pros and cons of extending it I'm sure they will consider it.   

27 minutes ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

Wasnt at all how server 3 was though, us 3 gangs got on 4 pm and played non stop for 5 hours cartels, cartels never lasted for one gang longer than 45 mins 24/7

Edited by Zaxalx
On 4/10/2016 at 6:37 AM, Haych said:

That ^ ;) 

On 4/10/2016 at 6:37 AM, Haych said:

Dont Worry im sure synergy already has a way to get that back and the old tilda. But its only for synergy members sorry :D 

On 4/9/2016 at 3:43 PM, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

Bad players flank, because they know they can't out peek anyone.

Lol bruh wut?... Show me how good you are without a third person crosshair on "quick peeking". Arma 3 is all about positioning and game sense, sure having a good aim helps as well, but your "quick peeking" has barely any skill in it just because of a third person and a static crosshair which is literally showing almost exact location of where the bullet gonna go as long as its within 300m~ range. Learn about the game before you gonna call people shit when you have no idea what you're talking about bruh... 

Edited by Pentax
Haych and TMACWILLIS like this

i think what @Smokahontas // Douggem was trying to get at was, do not flank behind a gang that is currently pushing cap and shoot them in the back from 1k out as they are advancing on the group contesting the cartel. Such as S. windmills when the advancing group is by safe rocks at OG arms.

I was reading fast so i might have misinterpreted it, but thats what i think he was trying to say. 

Edited by wr4thx
[df]Smokahontas and Tiger like this