Change log 7.3.0

bamf

3 minutes ago, Ebola said:

Constructive criticism as in telling people that you're better than them at ArmA III?

yes because you showed winning a huge RNG lottery as why money is fine..

you offer absolutely nothing to this discussion.. can you please leave the thread 

1 minute ago, warl0ck said:

yes because you showed winning a huge RNG lottery as why money is fine..

you offer absolutely nothing to this discussion.. can you please leave the thread 

I was exemplifying one of many ways to make money, get capped, still having fun...  If you're going to sit here and say farming the lotto isn't a legitimate way of making money, you should l2play asylum

Edited by Ebola
1 minute ago, Ebola said:

I was exemplifying one of many ways to make money, get capped, still having fun...  If you're going to sit here and say farming the lotto isn't a legitimate way of making money, you should l2play asylum

im not saying winning the lottery isin't a legit way

you have just hijacked the thread. this is about asylum, and you have completely ruined the thread. 

11949849771043985234traffic_light_red_da

sorry you can do a box truck of meth  avoid the police and other rebels and finally sell it and buy 2 loadouts since you won't own arms and 2 turfs...

2Q==11949849761176136192traffic_light_green_

you have £3m in your gang bank and £1m in your personal account and own arms and 2 turfs

you can buy 50 loadouts and still have 500k left..

Edited by warl0ck
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Because listening to you is so much better.

I'm just being brutally fucking honest. The money cap won't go away, because we all remember how cancerous gangs like Regiment were when they had members with Admin-levels of money without the responsibilities of Admin.

It's also nice when people are forced to dupe 1 Million at a time instead of 50 Million.

Should Paratus build a system that sucks less ass than Prestige? Yes.

Should we remove the money cap because the prestige system sucks ass? Fuck no.

I had 40 million dollars before money cap, and i still grinded meth runs late at night because it was fun to do. Now i am  garage capped, money capped (on 2 accounts), and i have no reason to play the game unless there are people to shoot. Money cap needs to go away, without mega gangs like regi, inno, BB, you wont have the aids you had before. Why is it  you dont want people to play the game after they get to end game. And lets be honest, it takes about a day and a half to hit money cap from 0 dollars if you are not a complete mouth breather.

Edited by TheRealLethal
Goldy, Chau, Gubber Flexx and 5 others like this
8 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

I had 40 million dollars before money cap, and i still grinded meth runs late at night because it was fun to do. Now i am  garage capped, money capped (on 2 accounts), and i have no reason to play the game unless there are people to shoot. Money cap needs to go away, without mega gangs like regi, inno, BB, you wont have the aids you had before. Why is it  you dont want people to play the game after they get to end game. And lets be honest, it takes about a day and a half to hit money cap from 0 dollars if you are not a complete mouth breather.

you can't argue with gnashes

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME GO

I WANNA STAY HERE AND PLAY ASYLUM

PLEASE DONT MAKE GO OLYMPUSSS.. I WNNA STAY HERE AND PLAY ASYLUM

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME GO OLYMPUS

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME GOOO PLEAST DONT MAKE GOOO I JUST WANNA STAY AND PLAY ASYLUM.. I DONT WNNA GO AND PLAY OLYPMUS I WNNA STAY HERE AND PLAY ASYLUM

kappa123

Edited by warl0ck
Goldy likes this
24 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Imo the reason why Olympus is thriving is due to its cartel system (Which we had!) and its RP system (no one cares about). Money making isn't cancer by running in a circle

It really is a shame. When you look at the player list on any one of the Olympus servers, you can recognise half the steam names being people who used to play on Asylum. Once they release Defibs and Rebel MK1's, all i'm saying is RIP Asylum Rebel Life. 

Its no lie that Asylum is not what it used to be and that its slowly dying, the lack of donations proves that point. Other servers are slowly catching up, simple fact is stupid decisions is slowly ruining the server and that Asylum is simply not what it used to be. RP is lacking on Asylum, Rebel Life is slowly dying, other servers are catching up in terms of development, so what do you have to be proud of? 

I still believe in Paratus and Bamf hence the reason many of us are still here, and I still have hope that they will do some major changes in the next couple weeks that will benefit the server. 

Edited by Haych
7 hours ago, Gnashes said:

You should probably read what he writes, as he have many valid points thats not the standard krypton craybaby comments ;)

7 hours ago, warl0ck said:

you are all being ridiculously stubborn. you are KILLING asylum.. more and more players are moving to olympus.

You are arguing with someone who doesnt play the server/forgot how normal people plays it 

GH05T, Tiger, TheRealLethal and 6 others like this
22 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The money cap isn't really a problem and does work as intended. That said I think the prestige system is due for a major overhaul in how it functions.

Make the rewards better!!! That way there is a point to go over money cap

26 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The money cap isn't really a problem and does work as intended. That said I think the prestige system is due for a major overhaul in how it functions.

What about increased money cap per prestige achievement?

(Example: you manage to get 10 mil in prestige it will increase your max bank account by 500k - 1mill.)

This could be one of the many perks that could be added for prestige rewards.

35 minutes ago, Paratus said:

ok.... :( 

Was going to reply with a very lengthy post addressing further why i think it should be removed. But ill save my breath. What do i know about the inner workings of the game anyway, i only have 6k hours played on the server

Alex:), Bob Jill., Chau and 3 others like this
13 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I'm just being brutally fucking honest. The money cap won't go away, because we all remember how cancerous gangs like Regiment were when they had members with Admin-levels of money without the responsibilities of Admin.

It's also nice when people are forced to dupe 1 Million at a time instead of 50 Million.

Should Paratus build a system that sucks less ass than Prestige? Yes.

Should we remove the money cap because the prestige system sucks ass? Fuck no.

Regiment for lyF!

54 minutes ago, Haych said:

You couldn't even come up with good donation rewards that people are happy with, how on earth you going to come up with a good prestige system :shrug:

Well, I did afteral come up with every single significant feature on every Life server. People forget that before Asylum, there was no player housing, no gangs, not even persitent characters. Before us it was the Life design to only save your money, not even your clothing or position. :) Every single thing of note started here.

34 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Well, I did afteral come up with every single significant feature on every Life server. People forget that before Asylum, there was no player housing, no gangs, not even persitent characters. Before us it was the Life design to only save your money, not even your clothing or position. :) Every single thing of note started here.

Except Parachuting, that was @Vorpal:P

Volunteer281 likes this
32 minutes ago, Paratus said:

But didn't you know Paratus? Asylum is only meant to be a shooting game! it's about how great people are at doming people with mundane scopes and stuff, and then trash talking afterwards!! IN A ROLEPLAYING SERVER!!!

Despite building the roads for other communities to flourish, the negativity will always seem to take center stage.. Is this shit a generational thing where we have to hate on everything?

Furnie Mack likes this
3 hours ago, Paratus said:

All im saying is , your ideas , your ways of the developing the server are going into more into a grind that barely even gives you enough money.  When you first made asylum . Olympus, team sloth, could barely have a fun factor compared to asylum back when asylum was great. .  Now it's the opposite I have more fun grinding on Olympus and fighting on there. When asylum should be the place where I grind countless hours.  Remove money cap for a duration of time and make a leaderboard and see how the community reacts.

Doesnt hurt to try when your most likely going to get positive feedback.

Edited by Feenix
Big Bird likes this
1 hour ago, Paratus said:

Come the release of Apex you won't care about the money cap anymore. You'll see!

Just remember. If you implement anything people will play the server for 24 hours straight and buy as much money as possible to achieve whatever it is they want.

Don't be The Divison and not take into account the min-maxers on the release of a groundbreaking game/update. :)

Edited by Dust Runner
Furnie Mack likes this
4 hours ago, Paratus said:

Well, I did afteral come up with every single significant feature on every Life server.

While doing that you've apparently also claimed things as your own. Unless of course Bohemia just modeled some of their content after something you made...

For example... this sure looks to be the exact same thing... but of course you two just formatted your content the exact same and he probably modeled the feature after you. Nice job on giving credit to authors of content! Or i guess your subtle changes made it then your code right?

d8b26c760d815869b17a31ef88da5822.png

Edited by Jesse
Just now, Jesse said:

While doing that you've apparently also claimed things as your own. Unless of course Bohemia just modeled some of there content after something you made...

For example... this sure looks to be the exact same thing... but of course you two just formatted your content the exact same and he probably modeled the feature after you. Nice job on giving credit to authors of content! Or i guess your subtle changes made it then your code right?

Sure, in that case. I use the same header template in all code I create, and for some reason the BIS supplied AAN function wasn't adequate. I don't recall why as it was long ago, but I needed to do something more with it I think (not looking over the code to see). So yep, in that case I used code from inside Bohemia's internal functions.. but if you really want to look around you'll see I left the original author credit everywhere.. in fact in a lot of scripts I've totally rewritten them but left the original author's name.

And still, my point from before stands all the same.

OgreTV, Vortex and Heidelberg like this
1 minute ago, Paratus said:

Sure, in that case. I use the same header template in all code I create, and for some reason the BIS supplied AAN function wasn't adequate. I don't recall why as it was long ago, but I needed to do something more with it I think (not looking over the code to see). So yep, in that case I used code from inside Bohemia's internal functions.. but if you really want to look around you'll see I left the original author credit everywhere.. in fact in a lot of scripts I've totally rewritten them but left the original author's name.

And still, my point from before stands all the same.

Paratus > Then Critics