Change log 7.5.4

bamf

10 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Fun Fact: EMP grenades exist in code (and have for like, 2 years) even if they've never been implemented.

I wondered why there was EMP sound effects in the file, my guess was it was for some sort of events or something similar to the Tornado/Slenderman thing, which where very cool easter eggs and would love to see more of them.

2 hours ago, Haych said:

I wondered why there was EMP sound effects in the file, my guess was it was for some sort of events or something similar to the Tornado/Slenderman thing, which where very cool easter eggs and would love to see more of them.

We were doing tests with EMP weapons at one point for a method to disable vehicles without destroying them. The main test was to be used as a way to take down a helicopter while still giving them time to land, but it was still OP. :)

Eric916 and Haych like this
50 minutes ago, Paratus said:

We were doing tests with EMP weapons at one point for a method to disable vehicles without destroying them. The main test was to be used as a way to take down a helicopter while still giving them time to land, but it was still OP. :)

Interesting idea actually....

15 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Then it doesn't work on the map I'll to you that for sure. I play enough cop to know.

Thanks.

Works 100% I have seen it.  No audible ping or notification, but I have opened my map and seen a red "grand theft auto" ping in town.  

3 hours ago, Paratus said:

You won't give me a starter pistol with EMP ammo in it.  

NO balls.

6 hours ago, Paratus said:

How bad of an idea would it be to give cops Type 115s with .50 beowulfs, but instead of doing damage they just reduce the amount of fuel in the vehicle.

This will be live on the servers shortly (hopefully).  We are working through one last bug, and then will roll this out.  

Hotfix 4:

• Money received from drug runner missions will now have traces of narcotics on it for a short period (about 5 minutes).  If the APD searches you in that time, then they will seize all the cash you have on hand.  
  • Money received from robbing gas stations will now be seizable (again for about 5 minutes).  If you are searched, the APD will seize all money you have on hand.  
  • Money received from selling drugs to a drug dealer will now have traces of narcotics as well.  Again, if you are searched all your money on hand will be seized.  
  • Money seized from searches will now split across all online officers.  
  • Fixed the garages at all Drug Runner locations so that they properly spawn vehicles.  
  • All Drug Runner locations now have a red circle on the map showing the area that you may be shot without typical RP initiation.  
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

This will be live on the servers shortly (hopefully).  We are working through one last bug, and then will roll this out.  

Hotfix 4:

• Money received from drug runner missions will now have traces of narcotics on it for a short period (about 5 minutes).  If the APD searches you in that time, then they will seize all the cash you have on hand.  
  • Money received from robbing gas stations will now be seizable (again for about 5 minutes).  If you are searched, the APD will seize all money you have on hand.  
  • Money received from selling drugs to a drug dealer will now have traces of narcotics as well.  Again, if you are searched all your money on hand will be seized.  
  • Fixed the garages at all Drug Runner locations so that they properly spawn vehicles.  
  • All Drug Runner locations now have a red circle on the map showing the area that you may be shot without typical RP initiation.  

Nice update +1

Edited by Phil.
5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

Does that mean you can't deposit drug money for 5 minutes after selling?

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

Very nice bamf!  +1 Indeed! :)

1 minute ago, Bikstok said:

Does that mean you can't deposit drug money for 5 minutes after selling?

You should be able to deposit the money from the Drug Runner and standard drug dealer sales.  You just have to "finish the run" if that makes sense.  No more selling the drugs or scroll wheeling the drug runner and being out of danger from the APD.  

At least that's how I believe Paratus coded this.

Bikstok and Furnie Mack like this
20 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

Bamf! What are you doing, you're giving less and less reason for money hungry rebels to play cop! :angry:

jk. it's fcking awesome

36 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

•  
  •  

This change is going to hit robocop/money hungry cops so hard starting from money hungry cadets to constables+ that go crazy when in sight of searchable vehicle. This change + the one for lethal payout is great step toward making apd great. 

Furnie Mack likes this
9 hours ago, Paratus said:

A german altis life server had this about 2 years ago. You could adjust how many EMP shots it took to disable a chopper and it would allow them to safely land w/the engine disabled. Additoinally, the EMP shots would have a target reticle and when locking on, the target would hear the sound and be able to dodge them. I think something like that would be incredibly useful for the APD. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
2 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

Finally, nice update! Hopefully this ends the seize whoring by certain officers during busts. 

Ewephoric likes this
8 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

amazing patch  thanks @bamf @Paratus @anyonehelpedwiththisupdate

Edited by Gaskal

Can we get the Tropic Ifrit skin added alongside solid colour Ifrits with the wheels and back panel in black so the solid skins actually look good. Could be Donor Items and add 0 to the mission file. I'm sure many people here will donate to get to say level 3 to have a Red Ifrit for example.

Here's a example of the code for cool looking solid colour Ifrits taken from another mission file. I'm sure you lot can come up with something much cooler though.

Spoiler

case "O_MRAP_02_F": {
    [
      ["a3\soft_f\MRAP_02\data\mrap_02_ext_01_co.paa", "reb", "a3\soft_f\MRAP_02\data\mrap_02_ext_02_co.paa", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.09,0.09,0.09,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.09,0.09,0.09,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.09,0.09,0.09,1)"],
      ["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.05,0.05,0.05,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.05,0.05,0.05,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0.1,0.5,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.01,0.02,0.27,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.43,0.72,0,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.96,0.25,0.01,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.63,0.01,0,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.1,0.09,0.05,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.3,0.3,0.17,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.1,0.1,0.1,1)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.42,0.427,0.361,0.2)", "reb", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)", "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"],
      ["\A3\Soft_F_Exp\MRAP_02\data\MRAP_02_ext_01_ghex_CO.paa", "reb", "\A3\Soft_F_Exp\MRAP_02\data\MRAP_02_ext_02_ghex_CO.paa", "\A3\Data_F_Exp\Vehicles\Turret_ghex_CO.paa"]
    ]
  };

The concept is to make the Ifrit a solid colour, but leaving some sections of it black so it looks good, not like the Hellcat, here is a example. It actually looks good without looking like its been dipped into paint.

2e2d96a230b840afbb0895eaf733f6e2.png

b15a17f1fb2942bb815252046c000567.png

You get the idea though, it works even better for colours such as Grey/Khaki/Light Blue etc..

Edited by Haych
Isaac, Quenton, Tiger and 5 others like this
On 8/23/2016 at 10:29 PM, bamf said:

Money received from selling drugs to a drug dealer will now have traces of narcotics as well.  Again, if you are searched all your money on hand will be seized.  

what if you store it before you police get a chance to search you? say cops see u at drug dealer and chase u to gas station but you store it before they catch you? (all within 5 min)

8 hours ago, Haych said:

Can we get the Tropic Ifrit skin added alongside solid colour Ifrits with the wheels and back panel in black so the solid skins actually look good. Could be Donor Items and add 0 to the mission file. I'm sure many people here will donate to get to say level 3 to have a Red Ifrit for example.

Here's a example of the code for cool looking solid colour Ifrits taken from another mission file. I'm sure you lot can come up with something much cooler though.

The concept is to make the Ifrit a solid colour, but leaving some sections of it black so it looks good, not like the Hellcat, here is a example. It actually looks good without looking like its been dipped into paint.

We already do this for offroads, etc. However, I honestly couldn't see custom colors being popular for ifrits.

Most people use them for cartels, and a bright red target probably isn't the best for that.

3 minutes ago, speed said:

We already do this for offroads, etc. However, I honestly couldn't see custom colors being popular for ifrits.

Most people use them for cartels, and a bright red target probably isn't the best for that.

implying the ifrit is not easy af to see anyway. i would have a swag ifrit instead of default

Corgi, DreamC, Rag and 3 others like this
7 minutes ago, speed said:

I could see them being very popular, on the 2 other altis life servers I've played, colored ifrits have been a massive attraction, it literally affects nothing, gives more reason for people to donate, pink/yellow/black/red/blue/light blue/grey ifrits etc, spread them across donor levels, or have it so if donation goal is met one month then * colored ifrit will be sold, gives reason to donate, rarity upon vehicle skins.

Rag, speed and Haych like this