NO RP ON SERVER ONE

One question,why is this called a rp server if no one rps,I get killed every day by people not saying a word and to make things worse nothing happens to them they just keep shooting on sight.In my opinion this is not a rp server.I will give this server another day or two then i will go look for a real rp server if these kinds of things don't get admin attention.Don't get me wrong,this is a nice server and the few admins i dealt with were very nice but why do certain things get attention and the main server rule does not.

16 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Its a light Rp server, if you dont enjoy it go to a hardcore rp server we don't need more ppl who are yelling " HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME FAIL RP IMMA REPORT YOU" ..

i don't care what you need mate,the server gets advertised as a rp server,end of story.if it is not a rp server don't advertise it as one.

27 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Its a light Rp server, if you dont enjoy it go to a hardcore rp server we don't need more ppl who are yelling " HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME FAIL RP IMMA REPORT YOU" ..

I love those people... I usually tell them, "This isn't Lakeside, welcome to Altis (name)..." They usually combat log after that one!

1 hour ago, lharrington said:

One question,why is this called a rp server if no one rps,I get killed every day by people not saying a word and to make things worse nothing happens to them they just keep shooting on sight.In my opinion this is not a rp server.I will give this server another day or two then i will go look for a real rp server if these kinds of things don't get admin attention.Don't get me wrong,this is a nice server and the few admins i dealt with were very nice but why do certain things get attention and the main server rule does not.

Ima give you this advice from someone who likes to RP, 

You kind of need a bit of power in the sense for a light RP community like this. You need to have money, weapons, and generic establishment to get around the places and get

out of kavala. When you get out and people see that you aren't an easy target you can open up and possibly get into some more situations.

Its not always going to be the case some people play it for there own enjoyment and enjoy fighting that is strategically placed rather then wasteland. Make your own RP once you get a little cash and a little power. Go around the world and meet people and interact with them. You will get more interaction when people aren't the ones pointing the gun at YOUR head.

I also recommend you join the APD, where the RP may not be the best but it gives you something to work with and maybe turn it into the kind you were hoping for.

Anything outside of that I recommend a different community - I play here and make my own RP and my own situations occur whether someone else wants to or not

Flashpoint likes this
2 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Oh! Oh! I got a perfect RP scenario for that excuse:

In your best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice or robot voice you say, "I am a T-800 APD Unit, created by Skynet to enforce the laws of Altis and to serve its inhabinats. My scanners allow me to identify and confirm criminal targets found within Altis through the Skynet Criminal Database." 

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it you hardcore RP fools! Now give me my RP of the Year Award. :kappa: 

Edited by Cobra
Mike Stmria and DreamC like this
13 hours ago, lharrington said:

As others have said, if somewhat acerbically, Asylum is a light RP community. But that doesn't mean there isn't good RP to be had. It just means that the more rigid strictures of "hardcore RP" aren't a part of the Asylum experience, and as a result you'll need to play according to the level of RP you're after. 

I'm an RP guy. Not the "how do you know my name if I never said it" type, but still an RP guy. I like making up stories and assuming those roles. And in the years I've spent in this community, I can tell you that people are quite willing to accommodate and play along so long as it's in the appropriate context. You can't go to rebel and expect people to want to hear your RP story about Petey the traveling xylophone salesman or whatever other bullshit you've cooked up on a given day. You're at rebel, set your RP expectation accordingly. 

If you're interested in the type of RP that is most commonly associated with Life servers, I suggest playing as a law abiding civ, or joining the APD. There's plenty of RP as a rebel too, but you have to be the one to make that happen. When it comes to hostile RP, our community is very pragmatic. If you're a threat, you're going to die in the most expedient possible manner that the rules will allow. No superfluous commands, no asking if you're friendly. At times that can definitely be frustrating, but that's just how it goes in situations where giving a stranger the benefit of the doubt can have very real consequences. 

All of this to say, yes there is RP on Asylum. I have roleplayed to great effect in this community for several years now. But when it comes to illegal areas, don't expect people to feel chatty. 

PS: If the behaviors you described didn't "get admins attention," it is highly likely that they weren't violations of the rules. 

Budbringer, Chau and Flashpoint like this

I love it when I'm on cop and you get these kids who complain about being killed, saying "this guy RDM me or I got killed for no reason". While the kid rants about, the killer comes to turn their self in ( like a good citizen he or she is) and gives some good RP. Usually they get pardon or a low ticket.

Now the kid, oh boy won't he be salty which they usually are, goes buy a gun and tries to or does kill the guy with no words.

MAN I LOVE KAVALA 

On 10/5/2016 at 2:01 AM, Sugarfoot said:

You kind of need a bit of power in the sense for a light RP community like this. You need to have money, weapons, and generic establishment to get around the places and get

out of kavala. When you get out and people see that you aren't an easy target you can open up and possibly get into some more situations.

Its not always going to be the case some people play it for there own enjoyment and enjoy fighting that is strategically placed rather then wasteland. Make your own RP once you get a little cash and a little power. Go around the world and meet people and interact with them. You will get more interaction when people aren't the ones pointing the gun at YOUR head.

I also recommend you join the APD, where the RP may not be the best but it gives you something to work with and maybe turn it into the kind you were hoping for.

Anything outside of that I recommend a different community - I play here and make my own RP and my own situations occur whether someone else wants to or not

Thanks for being one of the few productive post here :0

Edited by Flashpoint

Okay, so this is how RP works on Asylum based on my experience:

Rebel v Civilian:

Spoiler

Rebel: Hands up or die.

Civilian:  *runs away*

Rebel: *kills civilian*

Rebel Rebel

Spoiler

Rebel: *fires uncontrollably*

Rebel Cop

Spoiler

Cop: Stop APD!

Cop: *fire uncontrollably*

Rebel: *fire uncontrollably*

Cop Civilian

Spoiler

Cop: So, you have a ticket...want to talk about it?

Civilian: *gives 10-minute story that is clique and horrible, or about how their friend asked them to do it*

Cop: Yeah, that makes no sense, and you told me you did it in your story, here's your ticket.

Civilian: Oh my god, no RP, I deserve to have my ticket reduced...(this goes on for like 5 more minutes)

Civilian Civilian

Spoiler

Civilian: *jumps in front of moving car*

Edited by Cynica
10 hours ago, Cynica said:

Rebel v Civilian:

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Rebel

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Cop

Reveal hidden contents

Cop Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

Civilian: *gives 10-minute story that is clique and horrible, or about how their friend asked them to do it*

Cop: Yeah, that makes no sense, and you told me you did it in your story, here's your ticket.

Civilian: Oh my god, no RP, I deserve to have my ticket reduced...(this goes on for like 5 more minutes)

Civilian Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

I love this lol

Cynica, Drovalin and Miles like this
On 10/6/2016 at 10:24 AM, Cynica said:

Rebel v Civilian:

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Rebel

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Cop

Reveal hidden contents

Cop Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

Civilian Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

110% accurate 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Cynica said:

Rebel v Civilian:

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Rebel

Reveal hidden contents

Rebel Cop

Reveal hidden contents

Cop Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

Civilian Civilian

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?w=460&c=1

Mike Stmria and powerwolf like this
On 10/5/2016 at 8:01 AM, Sugarfoot said:

Thank you for answering my question in a professional manner,this is the only answer that actually means something.I understand now and i know what to do.Thank you.