Gang Life In A Nutshell

Apachee

Gang life is alot of fun if you play with a group of friends

I don't really know anyone but played the hell out of wasteland so im a good player as far as combat is concerned my problem is im poor and don't really know how to make any money, I did find some guys that taught me how Asylum works and shits been amazing ever since we even beat Elysium in gunfights sometimes if our numbers are close to even

16 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Can't wait to see your next gang app after all the experience you said you have. Bet it looks like this

Image result for Ape with a rifle

Wasteland pro, beat elysium twice in dp22, previous gangs: Regiment (Cause aparently everyone was in regiment oh and df too)

I have always noticed a lot of people sayin  they were in regiment but could never remember if they were or not. Guess a lot of people joined after i quit.

12 minutes ago, Reapered said:

I have always noticed a lot of people sayin  they were in regiment but could never remember if they were or not. Guess a lot of people joined after i quit.

People put old gangs that others will know is good but wont remember if they were in.

I.e Df, Regiment, bad blood cause got knows who was in it and who wasn't at this point, brotherhood ,

list goes on and on

Edited by Sugarfoot

I can tell you its 100% different than it used to be, people definitely had egos, and there were the "best" gangs, but the ego worked much differently than now. People log off if they lose 2-3 fights, back in the day gangs came back over and over and over and over, until it was 5 in the morning. It wasnt about who was the best, it was about whos name was on the map. I prefer that fighting more, but who knows, I guess people love quick peeking and tilde glitching.

:shrug:

5 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

It wasnt about who was the best, it was about whos name was on the map.

I wish it was like this now. Way to many times gangs don't care about the cap, they'd rather camp choke or another cap just because they want you to push them so they can 'win' the fight, or simply refuse to fight once you beat them attacking. 

I genuinely think fights would go on for much longer, but server lag causes people to tilt and log off. You can't have continuous fights when the outcome is dependent on who can abuse the lag the most. No fun in dying to someone knowing well that you would of killed them if the server had been fine.

Frizzy and Chau like this
5 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

the best part about being in a low tier gang with low numbers is no one expects anything from you, so when you go ape shit killing everyone at a cartel everyone looks at you like you're a god and you can sleep well that night masturbating to the thought of being an arma 3 winner

legend. made me rofl so hard l u l

Frizzy likes this
10 hours ago, Haych said:

I wish it was like this now. Way to many times gangs don't care about the cap, they'd rather camp choke or another cap just because they want you to push them so they can 'win' the fight, or simply refuse to fight once you beat them attacking. 

I genuinely think fights would go on for much longer, but server lag causes people to tilt and log off. You can't have continuous fights when the outcome is dependent on who can abuse the lag the most. No fun in dying to someone knowing well that you would of killed them if the server had been fine.

Remember when gangs would post wars on the forums and they would choose a location and just fight all day long. Ahhh fsa and brotherhood days

Cukofuko likes this
On 11/17/2016 at 5:46 AM, Brendon Smith said:

tbh this is gang life in a nut shell

Top Tier

Medium Tier

Low Tier

Top tier beats Medium tier, Medium tier has some good players and somtimes get lucky and beats Top Tier.

Medium Tier Beats Low Tier almost always, Low Tier gets lucky on Medium Tier very rarley.

Or

Top tier beats medium medium cant beat top

medium kicks lows ass and low never wins and dies 

then medium becomes low and top becomes medium and then a new gang is called top tier

then the once medium now low dies out

and so on

My brain collapsed, you win.

On 2016-11-19 at 11:44 AM, Rodrigo said:

Gangs back in 5.4 and so on was a totally different story.

No group cap, no money cap ( which we kinda don't have now ), Insurance, and more " big " gangs.

S1 : Innovative/Synergy, A.I.A and ( dF lel )

S2 : FSA ( can't remember any other S2 gangs.

S3 : Bad Blood

S4 : Regiment

Those gangs up there ^ was the " big " gangs back in the days of cartel fights. There was a few smaller gangs aswell like Notorious etc. And the sidechat back then was way worse than it is now. And the fights were alot bigger than now, in a good weekend it could be a 20v20 at meth cartel. And gangs fighting for many hours straight. 

And there was alot of really good players at the time, so the fights were often really even. There was only like a really small amount of players who really stood out as " the best ".

And the cops was also alot of different. Don't really feel like going to that topic but you understand where im going here. 

REGIMENT !! HYPE!

Rodrigo likes this
On 11/30/2016 at 9:59 PM, hamsham12 said:

I can tell you its 100% different than it used to be, people definitely had egos, and there were the "best" gangs, but the ego worked much differently than now. People log off if they lose 2-3 fights, back in the day gangs came back over and over and over and over, until it was 5 in the morning. It wasnt about who was the best, it was about whos name was on the map. I prefer that fighting more, but who knows, I guess people love quick peeking and tilde glitching.

:shrug:

Exactly what I mean

On 11/18/2016 at 11:11 PM, Warrior said:
On 11/18/2016 at 8:38 PM, Reapered said:

Calling me retarded but here you are complaining about people on asylum being big fat meanies to you. Nice xd

people like you are litterly what im talking about if u dont care about any of this wtf are u doing on my post your actually just shit talking because u can, do u think your cool if u type random shit on a post

On 11/17/2016 at 0:51 AM, Warrior said:

If u dont care about any of this then just dont bother trying to flame me for my opinion

clearly u didnt finish reading my post

am I reading this wrong or are you arguing with yourself?

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/11/2016 at 2:27 PM, LiamS3 said:

'Top tier gangs' are still shit fyi.

You got one or two good players in each and the rest blow.

Just rally all the kavala pistol bangers behind one gang and storm a cartel.

Doesn't work.. a long, long time ago - before a server hack - there was a gang called Mercenary Division, built on this idea. It didn't work well.

Yeah dont worry about any one talking shit because its part of the game. Every time we fight another gang there is hate talk. We love Hate talk!

Also all these Top tier Gangs we have fought and they are not that good, we take cartels from them when we need them.

You just need to understand how cartels work and how you can have the advantage.

We checked out some of the Steam accounts on these so called "Top Tier" gangs and Vac Bans for days...lol

Henry Facesmasher likes this
On 12/20/2016 at 8:33 PM, Manolo said:

Yeah dont worry about any one talking shit because its part of the game. Every time we fight another gang there is hate talk. We love Hate talk!

Also all these Top tier Gangs we have fought and they are not that good, we take cartels from them when we need them.

You just need to understand how cartels work and how you can have the advantage.

We checked out some of the Steam accounts on these so called "Top Tier" gangs and Vac Bans for days...lol

whats wrong with VAC bans? I just got my first yesterday :P

Professor Pericles likes this

I wouldn't stress it too much.  Gang life gets boring fast, unless you like fighting at the same places over and over again, usually against the same people.  

And lots of gangs consist of fifteen year olds, immature adults and people with ridiculously big egos because they got a kill at a cartel and made a very unoriginal montage to add onto the other thousands of boring montages that nobody but people outside of their gang give a fuck about .  It's always been that way and that's never gonna change.  Love it for what it is and embrace it or find other fun stuff to do.

The problem isn't that these gangs deny people for not being "Top tier" its that all of the good players join one gang. Then they only have shit players to fight. Then they think that they are amazing because they can kill a gang of noobs. If everyone who was good made their own gang their would be a hell of a lot more combat and we wouldnt have to schedule fights and shit. Thats one of the main reasons I havent been playing Asylum for a few months now. If you wanna fight anyone decent you have to message a gang like Elysium and ask if they wanna fight. They ask for numbers and you say something like 6. They log in about 45 people with meme names and no tags then come fight, Big surprise you lose because now youve been sitting at a cartel wasting all your ammo on the sky wondering if its possible to kill someone in Kavala, and they way out number you. Immediately after respawning there are 48 quad bikes on the spawns for cars and someone is camping rebel. That is what is wrong with Asylum. People think they are the shit for killing unarmed players. Everyone just complains and it turns into a massive salt fest.

.Sean and Alec-I like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 6:26 PM, Joe. said:

The problem isn't that these gangs deny people for not being "Top tier" its that all of the good players join one gang. Then they only have shit players to fight. Then they think that they are amazing because they can kill a gang of noobs. If everyone who was good made their own gang their would be a hell of a lot more combat and we wouldnt have to schedule fights and shit. Thats one of the main reasons I havent been playing Asylum for a few months now. If you wanna fight anyone decent you have to message a gang like Elysium and ask if they wanna fight. They ask for numbers and you say something like 6. They log in about 45 people with meme names and no tags then come fight, Big surprise you lose because now youve been sitting at a cartel wasting all your ammo on the sky wondering if its possible to kill someone in Kavala, and they way out number you. Immediately after respawning there are 48 quad bikes on the spawns for cars and someone is camping rebel. That is what is wrong with Asylum. People think they are the shit for killing unarmed players. Everyone just complains and it turns into a massive salt fest.

can some of the bigger players pls notice this and make asylum great again

On 12/25/2016 at 11:26 PM, Joe. said:

The problem isn't that these gangs deny people for not being "Top tier" its that all of the good players join one gang. 

As i've said in the past, you can be the shittest player, and still be in one of these top gangs based off your personality. Theres a handful of guys in these tops gang who are not good at the game, but they are funny and cool people to be around. Don't think that leaders only look for the best, thats not the case. Tiger recruits anyone who puts out a shittage and Jimbo recruits anyone with a IQ below 70.

Also the current player talent split isn't to bad considering the amount of inactive players there is now. I'm guessing you wasn't here when Prime and Elysium was basically one gang. 

Edited by Haych
Gareth, Tiger and Monkeysz like this
10 minutes ago, Haych said:

As i've said in the past, you can be the shittest player, and still be in one of these top gangs based off your personality. Theres a handful of guys in these tops gang who are not good at the game, but they are funny and cool people to be around. Don't think that leaders only look for the best, thats not the case. Tiger recruits anyone who puts out a shittage and Jimbo recruits anyone with a IQ below 70.

Also the current player talent split isn't to bad considering the amount of inactive players there is now. I'm guessing you wasn't here when Prime and Elysium was basically one gang. 

@Ronald :P

Ronald likes this
1 hour ago, Haych said:

So I could get in Prime and Elysium :kappa:

On 12/25/2016 at 6:26 PM, Joe. said:

Baby come back! You can blame it all on me!

(unban me from ts I promise no racism towards Lisa)