Fuck CSATS, us god tier snipers have gone down hill since I can no longer 1 shot bitches.

Do this- They can't adjust clothing values unless they mod the server. There is probably a very ghetto way around, but thats a whole issue with in its self, but there would be no point when they can use a handicap system for those who wear CSATs, for example limiting them to Tactical Vests only. The extra money you pay for them gives you Extra thigh and Arm protection whereas you are still a 2 tap target to the chest @Haych

Edited by Walt Jr.
Tye, Apci, Special K and 4 others like this
Just now, Steve said:

Now that they have been donated for I doubt that they will be removed. On top of that, don't you think it's a little ridiculous that without them you can tie in 1 shot to the toe past 500m? obviously this can still happen with csat but it's less frequent.

Wrong not possible. Even a shot to the foot without csats wouldn't kill you. Everything was alot better before they added csats. 

Just now, Walt Jr. said:

Wrong not possible. Even a shot to the foot without csats wouldn't kill you. Everything was alot better before they added csats. 

Then how come I have one tapped people to the leg/foot area before? more then once. Besides sniping is mostly pointless and boring people just get revives and then an ifrit shows up and drops on you. Though I am not saying it doesn't take skill, I think the use of it is no longer worth the time, effort or the loadout.

Just now, Walt Jr. said:

I would like opinions of people that actually fight cartels rather then these two kavala pistol bangers please.

I'm unsure if you were refering to me, but I have a decent amount of experience fighting cartels. On one end I do want csat removed because it would be more consistent. People would die in 1 or 2 shots 3 max. On the other hand I don't because roaching is boring. It goes both ways my dude.

I don't think they can remove them because people purchased ingame content to have access to them. If they removed them, it could be in violation of monetization? not entirely sure how it works but an olympus admin said they couldn't remove certain features because people donated for them to be implemented so it might apply here as well

Just now, Reapered said:

I don't think they can remove them because people purchased ingame content to have access to them. If they removed them, it could be in violation of monetization? not entirely sure how it works but an olympus admin said they couldn't remove certain features because people donated for them to be implemented so it might apply here as well

I was all in for the return of CSAT's, however I must say the server was in a much better place when they got removed. People would wear a variety of clothing, people would wear Ghillies, no one would tank, the nature of Arma makes those with bad internet tank regardless, when they wear CSATs, they become walking panzers.

It was nice being able to kill people much faster, it was nice putting time into looking tacticool. However right now, you feel in a heavy disadvantage if you don't wear CSAT's so you are pretty much forced to. Way to many people spilled thousands of cash just to grab a pair hence the reason they can't remove them.

However, I strongly suggest looking into the tactical vest script again @bamf @Paratus. I can provide a working one if needed.

Edited by Haych
Eyad, JAY1HP, Assert and 3 others like this
Just now, Reapered said:

Make them visual only. I just don't find it fun when people are tanking 5 bullets. 1-2 bullets is plenty enough and no one was complaining before then to bring them back.

Just now, Walt Jr. said:

Make them visual only. I just don't find it fun when people are tanking 5 bullets. 1-2 bullets is plenty enough and no one was complaining before then to bring them back.

They can't adjust clothing values unless they mod the server. There is probably a very ghetto way around, but thats a whole issue with in its self, but there would be no point when they can use a handicap system for those who wear CSATs, for example limiting them to Tactical Vests only. The extra money you pay for them gives you Extra thigh and Arm protection whereas you are still a 2 tap target to the chest.

Reapered likes this
Just now, Haych said:

They can't adjust clothing values unless they mod the server. There is probably a very ghetto way around, but thats a whole issue with in its self, but there would be no point when they can use a handicap system for those who wear CSATs, for example limiting them to Tactical Vests only. The extra money you pay for them gives you Extra thigh and Arm protection whereas you are still a 2 tap target to the chest.

+1 good idea actually. 

It might sound kinda far stretched, and a bit off topic. What about decreasing the sway? Think about this, when you couldn't buy csats your crosshair quite large wasn't a problem because you had to hit them once or twice. Now that csats are available to people you have to hit them more then just twice quite often. Your chance of hitting someone 4 or 5 times with your crosshair as big as it can be is fairly low.  Decreasing sway would help with this I think. It wouldn't effect me much my self, I look down my sight when ever I can. It's just a thought.

If we do anything, it would be what we talked about originally - limit you to less chest armor when wearing a CSAT.  That script has been built for a while and would be trivial to implement should we decide to do so.  At that point, you're choosing between armor in the legs with less chest protection, or more center mass protection but getting 1 tapped in the leg.  

544heu, goyney, DreamC and 7 others like this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

If we do anything, it would be what we talked about originally - limit you to less chest armor when wearing a CSAT.  That script has been built for a while and would be trivial to implement should we decide to do so.  At that point, you're choosing between armor in the legs with less chest protection, or more center mass protection but getting 1 tapped in the leg.  

It's fair to say this is a metaphorical mic drop. 

DreamC likes this
Just now, bamf said:

So you guys can mess with CSATs without breaking any monetization rules? Olympus admins told everyone they couldn't remove a certain feature on their server because people donated for it and it would break monetization rules.

Just now, Reapered said:

So you guys can mess with CSATs without breaking any monetization rules? Olympus admins told everyone they couldn't remove a certain feature on their server because people donated for it and it would break monetization rules.

He's talking about the vest which i agree with.

bring back tac vests.

Edited by Feenix
FernandoAppeal likes this
Just now, bamf said:

The Tactical Vest script will be amazing to see put into play. CSATs will still have the advantage because thigh shots are still too common, but it will bring back variety as you won't feel too in the disadvantage if you're not wearing them because you will die in the same number of shots to the chest.

It will also reduce the average time to kill to 2 shots rather than 3 with a 7.62, exactly like it was before the return of CSAT's which in my opinion is much better. 1 bullet is a lot, 1 bullet vs the majority of people who play 100+ ping makes a big difference.

Just now, Reapered said:

It's not a donation, its a sale when something is given in return according to BIS, those Admins are wrong. BIS sees donations as, if the payer is receiving nothing in return.

They won't be breaking BIS ToS, they'll just be fucking over people who payed, and people who payed will have the right to charge back over paypal as a service/item they payed for got revoked.

Reapered likes this
8 minutes ago, Haych said:

The Tactical Vest script will be amazing to see put into play. CSATs will still have the advantage because thigh shots are still too common, but it will bring back variety as you won't feel too in the disadvantage if you're not wearing them because you will die in the same number of shots to the chest.

It will also reduce the average time to kill to 2 shots rather than 3 with a 7.62, exactly like it was before the return of CSAT's which in my opinion is much better. 1 bullet is a lot, 1 bullet vs the majority of people who play 100+ ping makes a big difference.

17 minutes ago, bamf said:

Don't you think it would make sense to decrease the in game price of csats if that is what happens?