Gang Wars

Reapered

1 hour ago, Bilal Battu said:

Right now we are not setup great for a gang war. As of now it would have to be run on the live servers and we know how that went last time.

I heard theres a certain mission file that may or may not have been created that doesn't have massive mem leaks. :frog: 

But I wouldn't know anything about a mission file like that. 

12 minutes ago, Pentax said:

That mission hasn't been updated in so long.

It still runs fine without anyone getting kicked, so you know, thats a upgrade from the live servers.

Only bug that we experience in Gang Wars with your file is theres a very small chance you get revived naked.

1 hour ago, Bilal Battu said:

I would definitely want revives working properly or at least more consistently next time around. Encore mission file or other.

I say you make a fund for all the people who want gang wars it will come out of there pockets. Show a goal you need to host the server and any extra will go to either those who help host it as compensation or to asylum. If there is extra cash donated maybe the prize pool can be increased for asylum cash.

Seems like a good idea to me, players get a nice chunk of change in game, those who host it dont spend any money / and or ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING???? Or asylum may benefit from the extra donations if there is that much left over and/or can spill over into a nice fat pot that maybe every team can get a little something.

All you would have to do is get that mission file and start a gofundme provided this is all okay with the Big Bosses up stairs

I.e

Gang Wars VII !!! Fundme:

Goal: 150$ To host Gang wars Server, Hosts it for 1 month  - Games will be split up into two weekends and then the remaining two weekends can 

be used by players as a cartel practice server. Only admins and contributors will be given access to server admin for events. Volunteers may apply to help the event.

If excess if met above the goal then some compensation will go to the host. Typical funding would like to give the host somewhere around 50-100$ split between the hosts as a payment of respect.

If excess is met above the 100$ extra limit for hosts all proceeds will go to Asylum as a donation to help the community that supported this event. In this case that excess is met above and beyond the host further prize pool money shall be generated inwhich we will pass on some earnings to all teams that participate.

Current Payouts:

1st Place: 5m split between 10 players.

2nd Place: 2.5m Split between 10 players

All other places (No need for a 3rd place thats just ridiculous)

Teams will split 1m between 10 players. 

Rules: 

1. Any team caught cheating in any way will be disqualified and all money / donations will not be refunded nor will prize pools be given to anyone on that team.

2. All players must be registered under the name they are playing as and stay playing under that name for one team and one team only. Any player caught playing for another team will forfeit that team from the tournament.

3. Any stream sniping or larger form of cheating may have actions taken from the asylum community as well as future gang tournaments.

4. Any disrespect shown to volunteers or hosts will result in immediate disqualification

5. All teams are allowed 5 subs for there roster. If a team does not have a full roster / and or subs they have to play a man down unless a host allows a player that is NOT ON ANOTHER TEAM in the tournament to sub in.

6. Any team that does not show up on time is automatically disqualified.

7. Teams are given 5 minutes to gear up and be ready to teleported unless there is an unforseen problem - in which that can be handled.

8. 2 hatchback sports and 1 ifrit will be provided to the attacking team as well as a teleport for travel.

9. In the chance of no gear on revival an admin will teleport and provide gear to that player. If the player is killed during regearing then the player remains dead period.

10.a In the circumstance the server crashes the game will be replayed 

10.b In the circumstaance a player is disconnected before the other team actually attacks they may rejoin and be teleported or upon agreement from the other team.

10.c In the circumstance a player is disconnected mid fight or anything related near combat they are out of the round.

11. All maps will be decided between gang leaders with a vote. Those maps will be randomly chosen and will cycle between att / def.

12. Games will be a best of 3 , one chance to att / def and provided its a 1-1 the tie breaking round will be telos with random side selection.

If telos is hated by both teams another random map can be generated and sides can be generated.

13. Side chat is not to be spoken in or typed in during the match unless something is needed by an admin. Streams are to be closed and you shaall remain in asylum Teamspeak unless told otherwise.

14. Any type of ddossing or foul play will result in removal from asylum community as well.

15. Any donations made to those streaming will not contribute to asylum and will go to those personally streaming the event

Edited by Sugarfoot
FudgeR, .Sean and Matthew like this
16 hours ago, Haych said:

It still runs fine without anyone getting kicked, so you know, thats a upgrade from the live servers.

Only bug that we experience in Gang Wars with your file is theres a very small chance you get revived naked.

I might fix it if people will still run gang wars and if I'll find enough motivation to install arma 3 again. No promises though.

Edited by Pentax