Looking for gang contributors

bamf

I get that you are putting your own time into adding all these things to asylum and what not and the feedback may not be what you'd expect but its just frustrating when you get all these new ideas sent to you and 2 are added. This patch doesnt feel like a bit "8.0!!!" it just feels like something to keep people happy for a while due to lack of patches. Listen to the community for content, please.

Rag, Kettles, bunni and 2 others like this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

I'm open to suggestions for new cartel locations.  If you feel you have a good spot and want to build something in the editor for us to use, then give it a shot.  We will vet the suggestions through the community and then we can put them in the rotation to see what everyone thinks.  

Also gets quite annoying when cops show up to every fight because they find loopholes to the whole "contested" cartel rule should just never be allowed on free fire or near any cartel.

Just now, Chase said:

Also gets quite annoying when cops show up to every fight because they find loopholes to the whole "contested" cartel rule should just never be allowed on free fire or near any cartel.

This 100%. Let them camp donor all the want but fuck off from the cartels. Its the only thing we have left as it stands. @bamf

Niao Hing, Gatorade and Ludde like this
1 hour ago, Tom said:

New cartel locations aren't gonna make fighting better..

How about some new incentive too fight for the lower gangs / rebel prestige system.

^ yea also big one would be like money goes straight to gang bank...would be a bigger deal to own it therefore making an incentive to fight for it also should be easy to do since it was like that before @bamf

Edited by Chase
Polaris and Gatorade like this
24 minutes ago, Steve said:

In my opinion what Asylum needs for cartels is a change to the way the fridge works. The fridge was put in because gangs were making too much money off cartels with little work involved. As it stands right now with the mass kicks and such you will often times go pick up from a cartel and get kicked with the dirty money on you while you were flying to a rebel. It's frustrating and of course you can submit comp but we all know that takes a good put of time and sometimes a few days for it to get approved.

I suggest @bamf you make it so that instead of having to sell the dirty money to rebel, gangs can go to the cartel and scroll wheel on the fridge and simply deliver it to the gang bank. This removes rats taking the money for themselves entirely, it also discourages a pistol banger camping the cartel and instead encourages them to the actually cap it. Isn't that what we all want is more cartel fights not some new player who is gang-less who kills maybe one of you at the cartel but you kill the pistol banger and get the your team mate revived. It turns into a nasty spiral of less cartel fights and more people capping for the money not for the competitive aspect of putting your name on the map which is how it used to be.

Edit: as much as I would love to see cartel money go straight to the gang bank, this is the best compromise I could think of and I'm sure many people would be happy to see it.

Solid compromise. +1 for actual solution as opposed to baseless bitching and whining. 

26 minutes ago, Steve said:

In my opinion what Asylum needs for cartels is a change to the way the fridge works. The fridge was put in because gangs were making too much money off cartels with little work involved. As it stands right now with the mass kicks and such you will often times go pick up from a cartel and get kicked with the dirty money on you while you were flying to a rebel. It's frustrating and of course you can submit comp but we all know that takes a good put of time and sometimes a few days for it to get approved.

I suggest @bamf you make it so that instead of having to sell the dirty money to rebel, gangs can go to the cartel and scroll wheel on the fridge and simply deliver it to the gang bank. This removes rats taking the money for themselves entirely, it also discourages a pistol banger camping the cartel and instead encourages them to the actually cap it. Isn't that what we all want is more cartel fights not some new player who is gang-less who kills maybe one of you at the cartel but you kill the pistol banger and get the your team mate revived. It turns into a nasty spiral of less cartel fights and more people capping for the money not for the competitive aspect of putting your name on the map which is how it used to be.

Edit: as much as I would love to see cartel money go straight to the gang bank, this is the best compromise I could think of and I'm sure many people would be happy to see it.

On second thought...

Someone suggested a money laundering system a week or so back. If this were implemented it would turn like 100k to 150k or something like that. I don't remember.

I'd say do what @Steve, and let people still have the options to grab the physical cash. The physical cash would obviously yield higher profit if laundered, or even if the laundering is not implemented, nerf the instant payout/buff the dirty payout.

Steve likes this
Just now, Axe said:

On second thought...

Someone suggested a money laundering system a week or so back. If this were implemented it would turn like 100k to 150k or something like that. I don't remember.

I'd say do what @Steve, and let people still have the options to grab the physical cash. The physical cash would obviously yield higher profit if laundered, or even if the laundering is not implemented, nerf the instant payout/buff the dirty payout.

Either one works, I also had the idea of increasing the amount that can be held in the fridge to 200k or 250k or perhaps allow it to be persistent through restarts.

Just now, Axe said:

On second thought...

Why not make it simple and just revert it to money straight to gang bank? people will want to fight for it more and thats the whole point for it isnt it? not just getting dirty money but for more rebel activity. 

Polaris likes this
Just now, Chase said:

Why not make it simple and just revert it to money straight to gang bank? people will want to fight for it more and thats the whole point for it isnt it? not just getting dirty money but for more rebel activity. 

It was made clear long ago when this was changed that the old system was not coming back.

Just now, Chase said:

As much as I would like to see this I doubt they would revert it that's why I gave my idea for a compromise.

Just now, Axe said:

It was made clear long ago when this was changed that the old system was not coming back.

Just now, Steve said:

As much as I would like to see this I doubt they would revert it that's why I gave my idea for a compromise.

Yea maybe they don't want to...but their community for the most part all wants it.

Polaris likes this
Just now, Chase said:

Yea maybe they don't want to...but their community for the most part all wants it.

I want that to, unfortunately Asylum has a history of not reverting an added feature that people don't like regardless of the amount of negative feedback it gets. I'm not trying to flame the devs here but that is the hard truth.

Just now, Chase said:

The community also would love free guns. But that's not gonna happen. The community doesn't look at it from all sides or in the long term. Most people think of things from their POV only and not from a balance stand point. 

Some context as to WHY that system was removed:

In 2014/15 you had gangs like Innovative/FSA (in their prime :frog: )/ and whatever that gang with Jessie and Christian was. These gangs were massive no one aside from the other major gangs bothered to contest. This allowed the rich to get richer and barred other from standing a chance simply because they could make money effortlessly and throw all of it back into the fight with the click of a button. 

When the fridge was introduced, it was only to prevent money being made from almost nothing and level the playing field.. It was made to introduce some risk for making this ridiculous amount of money. 

In all honesty, it takes 15 minutes to empty the cartels. Thats not that much time. Deal with the campers, that's as designed. 15 min to make potentially 300k is nothing. The system of making money by essentially doing nothing will not come back. 

Just now, Steve said:

I want that to, unfortunately Asylum has a history of not reverting an added feature that people don't like regardless of the amount of negative feedback it gets. I'm not trying to flame the devs here but that is the hard truth.

Yea because they probably got some dislikes back then about it but at the same time when we had money straight to gang bank that was the highlight points of rebel life that everyone wishes they had back, so its obvious it would help bring back rebel life and it is easy to do.

Polaris likes this
  • Remove cocaine castle. Add west meth cartel instead (old cap).
  • Remove north wongs (with the 1 tower + 4 deerstands). Add the old wongs cap instead or find a replacement.
  • Remove east arms. The location is alright, but the other two caps are much better. Maybe make it oil cartel instead?
  • Find replacements for both oil cartels. Try to avoid towers and deerstands.
  • Increase the timer for recapping cartels (it's 15 minutes!!) or let gangs keep the perks until the cap hits 0%.
  • Add option when capturing a cartel: 100% dirty money in cartel crate or 75% straight to gang bank (maybe we hired a financial advisor to launder our money! Ever see Ozark?)
Edited by Bikstok
Winchester, Corgi, Johnny and 3 others like this
Just now, Axe said:

The community also would love free guns. But that's not gonna happen. The community doesn't look at it from all sides or in the long term. Most people think of things from their POV only and not from a balance stand point. 

Some context as to WHY that system was removed:

In 2014/15 you had gangs like Innovative/FSA (in their prime :frog: )/ and whatever that gang with Jessie and Christian was. These gangs were massive no one aside from the other major gangs bothered to contest. This allowed the rich to get richer and barred other from standing a chance simply because they could make money effortlessly and throw all of it back into the fight with the click of a button. 

When the fridge was introduced, it was only to prevent money being made from almost nothing and level the playing field.. It was made to introduce some risk for making this ridiculous amount of money. 

In all honesty, it takes 15 minutes to empty the cartels. Thats not that much time. Deal with the campers, that's as designed. 15 min to make potentially 300k is nothing. The system of making money by essentially doing nothing will not come back. 

Yea i understand why ti was removed because mass recruited gangs would jsut own the servers and make money endlessly through cartels with no competition but with a 12 man group cap how do you expect zerg gangs to come back successfully?

Polaris likes this
Just now, Axe said:

Camping a cartel to kill the guy when he pulls the dirty money discourages small gangs from capping and that is why I have a problem with it is because it turns into no one except for older and/or experienced players having the balls to cap it in the first place.

Just now, Chase said:

Yea i understand why ti was removed because mass recruited gangs would jsut own the servers and make money endlessly through cartels with no competition but with a 12 man group cap how do you expect zerg gangs to come back successfully?

It has nothing to do with zerg gangs. Its the fact that they don't want money being made effortlessly just because no one is fighting. They still want some work/sacrifice put into it

Just now, Steve said:

Camping a cartel to kill the guy when he pulls the dirty money discourages small gangs from capping and that is why I have a problem with it is because it turns into no one except for older and/or experienced players having the balls to cap it in the first place.

If you're dying to the campers, sounds like a you problem. If you kill the campers, they'll realize they're not gonna get anything unless they actually cap it. Seems like simple logic tbh.I think the bigger problem is you're letting them succeed and acknowledge that they can make money that way :frog: 

Just now, Chase said:

Id count keeping the cartel as work/sacrifice...

When no one contests it? :shrug: 

Fights happen, what 1-2hrs a day max? Throw what, 3-5 loadouts? What about the other 20 hrs of the day no one is contesting? Not very balanced when you look at it that way.

Just now, Axe said:

If you're dying to the campers, sounds like a you problem. If you kill the campers, they'll realize they're not gonna get anything unless they actually cap it. Seems like simple logic tbh.I think the bigger problem is you're letting them succeed and acknowledge that they can make money that way :frog: 

3 times in a row I picked up from cocaine castle and some goofball was there with a pdw. It was the same guy too every time but this was over the course of a few days needless to say the ones I've dealt with don't stop but they also never cap the cartel with their gang.

Just now, Axe said:

Fights happen, what 1-2hrs a day max? Throw what, 3-5 loadouts? What about the other 20 hrs of the day no one is contesting? Not very balanced when you look at it that way.

Yea thats exactly why more people would fight to own it?

Polaris likes this
Just now, Chase said:

Just now, Axe said:

If people are only fighting over it 1-2 hours a day that doesn't necessarily mean the system should be "nerfed" to any degree. To me that means other changes are needed.

Just now, Chase said:

The fridge is not whats discouraging fighting. I promise you that. 

Even when their were fights 8-10hrs a day people were still making RIDICULOUS NET profit

Just now, Steve said:

3 times in a row I picked up from cocaine castle and some goofball was there with a pdw. It was the same guy too every time but this was over the course of a few days needless to say the ones I've dealt with don't stop but they also never cap the cartel with their gang.

Honestly, this is by design. This is what they had in mind when the fridge was added. Eventually they'll start capping it. You can't base data off of less than a week. 

Just now, Axe said:

The fridge is not whats discouraging fighting. I promise you that. 

Even when their were fights 8-10hrs a day people were still making RIDICULOUS NET profit

Honestly, this is by design. This is what they had in mind when the fridge was added. Eventually they'll start capping it. You can't base data off of less than a week. 

It's happened more then that 3 times and i've only been killed by a camper their once, I'm sure many other people have had similar experiences. Needless to say I believe my suggestion earlier would encourage people to cap them so much more.

Just now, Steve said:

It's happened more then that 3 times and i've only been killed by a camper their once, I'm sure many other people have had similar experiences. Needless to say I believe my suggestion earlier would encourage people to cap them so much more.

I know for a fact and not flaming your idea...but im not going to want to fight a cartel anymore because i can isntantly put less of a cut into gang bank,

Polaris likes this

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

If people are only fighting over it 1-2 hours a day that doesn't necessarily mean the system should be "nerfed" to any degree. To me that means other changes are needed.

Honestly its factors that are out of Asylum's control as well.

To put it simply, Arma as a whole has fallen from popularity (at least the RPG aspect). Their arent new gangs coming up, but thats not wholly asylums problem. The gangs that a fading have been around for a long time (time from an internet standpoint). People get bored. Interests change. And Asylum is not entirly to fault for this.

The dynamic of the game has changed. Everyone is complacent and lazy. Everybody is toxic and just fights in sidechat and the forums all day. People cheat/exploit/do anything they can because winning became more important than anything else. People grow up (some do at least). A lot of the older gangs were people that were 16,17,18, even 19. That was 4 years ago. I was 14 when I started playing. I'm 18 now. As a whole, more people are going away from Arma than are coming in. And thats just how games on the internet work. Things are created and things die. It's not all Asylum's fault. 

Jg5syto.png 

Edited by Axe
Farmer Steve and DankBud like this

Cartel locations shouldn't be your main concern @bamf. People have been fighting the popular caps for years and still don't mind fighting them because those locations are fun. What the server needs is other rebel updates, some balancing changes and a incentive to keep fighting.

Been asking for this forever, and honestly this idea will help come up with good changes.
Setup regular rebel meetings where a Community manager picks a Rebel Admin to become a Rebel Representative, which then holds meetings with every other Rebel Gang Leader to discuss changes to rebel life. A CM, Dev and the Rebel Rep should be present for these meetings. These meetings can be also used to discuss future dev ideas for rebels as well before implementing them. Same thing can be done with the APD as well.

Edited by Haych
Kyle_, Alec-I, bunni and 1 other like this
Just now, Axe said:

Honestly its factors that are out of Asylum's control as well.

To put it simply, Arma as a whole has fallen from popularity (at least the RPG aspect). Their arent new gangs coming up, but thats not wholly asylums problem. The gangs that a fading have been around for a long time (time from an internet standpoint). People get bored. Interests change. And Asylum is not entirly to fault for this.

The dynamic of the game has changed. Everyone is complacent and lazy. Everybody is toxic and just fights in sidechat and the forums all day. People cheat/exploit/do anything they can because winning became more important than anything else. People grow up (some do at least). A lot of the older gangs were people that were 16,17,18, even 19. That was 4 years ago. I was 14 when I started playing. I'm 18 now. As a whole, more people are going away from Arma than are coming in. And thats just how games on the internet work. Things are created and things die. It's not all Asylum's fault. 

There are still things that can be done to help.

Just now, Chase said:

I know for a fact and not flaming your idea...but im not going to want to fight a cartel anymore because i can isntantly put less of a cut into gang bank,

Did you see my suggestion on the first page?