Looking for gang contributors

bamf

Just now, Steve said:

There are still things that can be done to help.

Did you see my suggestion on the first page?

Im not saying nothing can be done. 

But at what point does it become less about decent balanced gameplay and more about just keeping numbers on the servers?

Just now, Axe said:

Im not saying nothing can be done. 

But at what point does it become less about decent balanced gameplay and more about just keeping numbers on the servers?

In reality this matters very little until the server performance is fixed. 

Edit: shouldn't say that, it does matter but server performance being fixed would help a lot more.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

In reality this matters very little until the server performance is fixed. 

I mean, even Olympus (who people claim doesn't have kick issues) isn't pulling as many players

slRmicM.png 

Like I said. Not all of it falls on Asylum's shoulders. A lot of it is just the way things work on the internet. Things come. Things go. 

Just now, Steve said:

There are still things that can be done to help.

Did you see my suggestion on the first page?

Yes not a bad idea but who is going to put it in gang bank form the cartel if they can jsut take the money and put it in their own bank...if it automatically goes to gang bank theres more of a reason to fight and own it not jsut own it and go around collecting money or putting in gang bank when you can do that already pretty easy.

Polaris likes this
Just now, Chase said:

Yes not a bad idea but who is going to put it in gang bank form the cartel if they can jsut take the money and put it in their own bank...if it automatically goes to gang bank theres more of a reason to fight and own it not jsut own it and go around collecting money or putting in gang bank when you can do that already pretty easy.

If you read my post you would know that the money would go into the gang bank and not ratted into an individuals atm.

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

If you read my post you would know that the money would go into the gang bank and not ratted into an individuals atm.

I read it but im saying its like the same thing with no risk so its not gunna encourage fights just going to be same thing without having to go to rebel

Polaris likes this
Just now, Brendon Smith said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104729788
Im aware this is close to a turf and rebel. I attempted to make this balanced and dated it is at the mercy of marksmen because of the terrain around it in some areas

Video will be out soon for those who dont want to get the scenario 

giphy.gif

Before you post any more of these, ask yourself, do you actually see people fighting/attacking these locations on the regular? 

13 minutes ago, Chase said:

I read it but im saying its like the same thing with no risk so its not gunna encourage fights just going to be same thing without having to go to rebel

It would go directly into the gang bank though, all you would have to do is scroll wheel on it. People wouldn't be able to take it for themselves.

Edited by Steve
On 8/8/2017 at 2:07 PM, bamf said:

I'm open to suggestions for new cartel locations.  If you feel you have a good spot and want to build something in the editor for us to use, then give it a shot.  We will vet the suggestions through the community and then we can put them in the rotation to see what everyone thinks.  

Increase in gang bank cap.

Give out skins for ifrits/orcas/50's for having so many war points.

Make the cartel money stack up to 200k and increase 1.5x faster.

Move meth lab back west of Athira, great location, rebels, cops and all will enjoy it.

Remove east arms, add house cap back.

Remove cocaine castle, add meth compound back.

Make it so cartels are easy to return to. The reason people fight arms and peninsula is because they can spawn in donor and regear easily and then be off to push the cartel. With Castle drug, North wongs, Salt flats oil, and Ghost Hotel (somewhat fought since rodo exists) no one wants to go defend it most of the time because by the time they are geared and ready to go, the other people are already almost done capping. Just saying this from what I have noticed in my time playing. 

Alec-I likes this

I wouldn't mind seeing the group cap increase...why was that changed? if someone dont mind answering...

a couple things id like to point out here.

1) Cartels....People get burnt out from fighting as much as some of the hardcore guys do thus leads to taking breaks an not playing for x amount of time or there friends leave/get banned(not much you can do about people getting banned) but thats what ive noticed..People are to quick to get someone banned or call em out on what ever it is case they lost due to tower lag or some whack ass arma moment that fucks you over or cause they just suck.

2)Community-This is a pretty decent community no doubt,BUT alot of players are just flat out rude an pricks to the newer players that try an get a grasp to play the game(that can be a bit over whelming at first) instead of taking a few min in chat to point them some where so they can understand the bare basics. That drives away alot of players,sure most are prob squeakers an shit an dont know any better but a player is a player at the end of the day,if there experience for that first day can be a good one or for there first week my guess is they will be back to put in the time an effort it takes to truly understand the game an the ins an outs of it.

i understand talking shit an what not is just a part of competitive gaming  throwing out a gf(good fight) here an there could go along way an idk why its so hard for some people,people take it a bit too serious an get bent over silly shit,an that just leads to gangs disbanding and not lasting more then a month at most,unless its a gang thats been around for years or the start...

Steve and googoo like this
12 hours ago, DankBud said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the group cap increase...why was that changed? if someone dont mind answering...

It was actually the community pushing for the group cap. Myself included. The thought behind it was that the mega gangs would split into smaller gangs and thus doubling the amount of gangs in one patch. It didn't work out as expected though. We got maybe 1 extra gang, and a bunch of players quitting because they were cut from their gangs or could never get in the group.

Asylum is a weird community in the sense that there's very few people willing to be gang leaders.

DankBud and Gareth2.0 like this
12 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

It was actually the community pushing for the group cap. Myself included. The thought behind it was that the mega gangs would split into smaller gangs and thus doubling the amount of gangs in one patch. It didn't work out as expected though. We got maybe 1 extra gang, and a bunch of players quitting because they were cut from their gangs or could never get in the group.

Asylum is a weird community in the sense that there's very few people willing to be gang leaders.

Too many gangs start out with the entire gang being dependant on their leader and it puts alot of pressure on them to the point where it's not enjoyable anymore.

Bikstok and Gareth2.0 like this
4 hours ago, Bikstok said:

In my opinion a nasty consequence of the group cap is newer players to some mid-range players have a hard time moving up in rebel life. They can't join any better gangs and have a chance to learn from them because of the group cap. Those experienced gangs will only want the best of the best players as opposed to teaching some newer players. In return you end up with 1 or 2 experienced gangs and a huge gap in between. The way it has been for cartel fights now a days is that the experienced gang will crush the newer gang in 1 maybe 2 fights max, then they log off and will most likely never fight the experienced gang again, and thus they never learn.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:52 AM, hamsham12 said:

Increase in gang bank cap.

Give out skins for ifrits/orcas/50's for having so many war points.

Make the cartel money stack up to 200k and increase 1.5x faster.

Move meth lab back west of Athira, great location, rebels, cops and all will enjoy it.

Remove east arms, add house cap back.

Remove cocaine castle, add meth compound back.

+1 to all of this

Also it seems the whole war points thing just ends gang wars completely because no one wants to war anymore because if someone kills somebody with 2k war points and they have like 200 they get so many and the other guy loses so much it should be a solid amount for killing 1 person 

Edited by Chase
On 8/8/2017 at 4:34 PM, Haych said:

Cartel locations shouldn't be your main concern @bamf. People have been fighting the popular caps for years and still don't mind fighting them because those locations are fun. What the server needs is other rebel updates, some balancing changes and a incentive to keep fighting.

Been asking for this forever, and honestly this idea will help come up with good changes.
Setup regular rebel meetings where a Community manager picks a Rebel Admin to become a Rebel Representative, which then holds meetings with every other Rebel Gang Leader to discuss changes to rebel life. A CM, Dev and the Rebel Rep should be present for these meetings. These meetings can be also used to discuss future dev ideas for rebels as well before implementing them. Same thing can be done with the APD as well.

I agree with the meeting part, however we should decide as a community where to go, not specific gangs and the leaders of said gang, Bamf should first look at the veteran members of asylum pre 6.0 and those of us who are still playing and get our opinion on how we can improve and what's changed over the years. Then if no valuable information is received from us, then move on to larger gangs, their leaders, then their members, then the smaller gangs and now they might be able to compete etc.

What I would give to go back to the prime of Asylum whether than be pre 6.0 for me, or post 6.0 for most players. I just want to fight as often as I can and enjoy it as often as I can. There's a reason I've stuck around when so many of my past gang members have left, it's because this server and the amenities offered are unique and no server even comes close imho. However if we keep going down this slippery slope of "big patches" where nothing really changes I can see many people finally departing and leaving for good. 

Typed on phone so probably shit syntax.

Edited by hamsham12
Haych, Steve and Gareth2.0 like this

This isn't a new location but i think something needs to happen. North wongs is possibly the worst cartel because unless you pull an ifrit, outnumber defenders or suicide vest tower it is cancer to push. I have said it before and i will stick to it, bring back old wongs cartel, sure it's nothing new but atleast it isn't a tower and it was fun. I think the most important cartel to change is north wongs. This is only part of the problem. Gang life is really stale right now. I remember when the big gangs used to fight CONSTANTLY 5.0 (and early 6.0). Something needs to change, i don't have any concrete ideas but there needs to be an incentive to join a gang and get on fighting. I fee like 8.0 didn't bring the change that i was looking for sadly. In my eyes 8.0 was basically alot of reskins and small changes (relatively). i remember when the whole bounty hunting system came out in 7.0 and people where going insane but, sometimes asylum needs a good kick in the face to get going. I feel like the rebel system needs to be totally revamped as it is very stale currently and doesn't really leave you anything to grind for, which is why alot of my friends stayed on the grind as a bh. My point is that you need to focus on the big numbers like 7.0, 8.0 and just put everything you're working on aside and focus on revamping the rebel system to incentivise players again. Give em something to grind. Very off topic i know. 

Steve likes this
On 13.8.2017 at 3:33 AM, stompy said:

This isn't a new location but i think something needs to happen. North wongs is possibly the worst cartel because unless you pull an ifrit, outnumber defenders or suicide vest tower it is cancer to push. I have said it before and i will stick to it, bring back old wongs cartel, sure it's nothing new but atleast it isn't a tower and it was fun. I think the most important cartel to change is north wongs. This is only part of the problem. Gang life is really stale right now. I remember when the big gangs used to fight CONSTANTLY 5.0 (and early 6.0). Something needs to change, i don't have any concrete ideas but there needs to be an incentive to join a gang and get on fighting. I fee like 8.0 didn't bring the change that i was looking for sadly. In my eyes 8.0 was basically alot of reskins and small changes (relatively). i remember when the whole bounty hunting system came out in 7.0 and people where going insane but, sometimes asylum needs a good kick in the face to get going. I feel like the rebel system needs to be totally revamped as it is very stale currently and doesn't really leave you anything to grind for, which is why alot of my friends stayed on the grind as a bh. My point is that you need to focus on the big numbers like 7.0, 8.0 and just put everything you're working on aside and focus on revamping the rebel system to incentivise players again. Give em something to grind. Very off topic i know. 

give him admin on that speech 

On 08/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, hamsham12 said:

I agree with the meeting part, however we should decide as a community where to go, not specific gangs and the leaders of said gang, Bamf should first look at the veteran members of asylum pre 6.0 and those of us who are still playing and get our opinion on how we can improve and what's changed over the years. Then if no valuable information is received from us, then move on to larger gangs, their leaders, then their members, then the smaller gangs and now they might be able to compete etc.

What I would give to go back to the prime of Asylum whether than be pre 6.0 for me, or post 6.0 for most players. I just want to fight as often as I can and enjoy it as often as I can. There's a reason I've stuck around when so many of my past gang members have left, it's because this server and the amenities offered are unique and no server even comes close imho. However if we keep going down this slippery slope of "big patches" where nothing really changes I can see many people finally departing and leaving for good. 

Typed on phone so probably shit syntax.

You speak the truth. People say that asylum loses players because people are bored. While there is some truth to that, the community lost a good number of people after 6.0. After that, the mass kicks and overall poor server performance made a lot of people either quit or go very very inactive.