Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Throughout the server's history, gangs have had awesome players, which inevitably results in hackusations. The admins are very meticulous when it comes to actually researching if a player is cheating or not, and they are not banning people just because it is fun. If your mate was banned, there is probably a plethora of proof available, but the admins are not releasing it  because they do not want to reveal their methods of catching cheaters. Nevertheless, discussing if someone is cheating is pointless, he needs to prove his innocence, otherwise it is your word vs what someone else says.

Edited by Ali
Heidelberg and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
5 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Nah bb Was toxic. I prefer toxic gangs anyways. Something about domination and saying stuff to taunt opponents. But I've been renewed so I shouldn't be saying stuff like this anymore.

There seems to be some confusion about what constitutes toxic behavior vs non-toxic but still unfriendly behavior. Admittedly it's somewhat subjective, but just so we can all get on the page I'll delineate between the two.

Non-toxic but still unfriendly: This would account for the gross majority of what goes on in side chat. General shit talk and good-natured competitive provocation. Most gangs are do this regularly, though some engage in it more often and seem to revel in it more. But hey, if people's egos are wrapped up in their video game personas, let them have their fun. This would be your average taunting, bragging, insults and what not. It forms rivalries which ends up deepening people's gang experience with an extra competitive element. 

For the most part, this is the category that old bad blood would fall under. A few people behaved obnoxiously and were really unpleasant people to deal with in game at times, but they weren't toxic. They were just acting like people act on the internet. Grating as it may be at times, it's pretty benign. 

Toxic: Behavior that makes people want to leave the server or the community. This would be things like racism, mocking people's dying parents, digging around for people's personal information in order to publicly ridicule them, or really any behavior that is intended to directly harm someone or their experience in the community. Toxicity is purposefully malicious the vast majority of the time. 

Now obviously these are just general definitions and there is certainly some crossover.

TL;DR: Non-toxic: Rude, obnoxious, insulting but ultimately all in good fun. Toxic: Going out of your way to make other people's time here worse. 

Brutus and SheriffJohnBeard like this
9 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Nah bb Was toxic. I prefer toxic gangs anyways. Something about domination and saying stuff to taunt opponents. But I've been renewed so I shouldn't be saying stuff like this anymore.

I disagree. I think the word "toxic" is generally misused in this context. Talking shit after you beat someone's ass, or have yours beaten, isn't toxic. 

SheriffJohnBeard and Gatorade like this
15 hours ago, Barry said:

Idk I've known Harley for a really long time and I am biased a bit in this but, after watching these videos it just proves how dumb some people are. Some people are just good and better than others at games it happens. I don't know what video or "proof" Harley got banned for in fact i don't think anyone knows but the admins and thats kinda bullshit. I have played with Harley in arma 3 and he has by no means even pulled off anything fishy other than just shitting on people in fights but that's what a good player does to bad players and lets face it most gangs on asylum are mostly full of bad players. Not saying I'm a good player at all but you can tell who is good even if you are not the greatest player yourself. Probably gonna get hate for this which is expected, but I have to say something about a person that I've been friends with my whole life. lol this thread is pretty funny though

How long is a really long time and do you sit next to him while he plays games?

I think that when it comes to banning people for 3rd party apps, they need to leave it to battle-eye. Just because someone has in-human reactions doesn't mean they are hacking... sure they might play the game a little to much but if they aren't getting banned by battle-eye then they probably aren't fucking hacking. I've hung up my Asylum life after about a year, and have watched the servers deteriorate. I hope for your community's sake you guys can fix the issues that @Sugarfoot and many other present for you.

Gatorade likes this
5 minutes ago, Quenton said:

I think that when it comes to banning people for 3rd party apps, they need to leave it to battle-eye. Just because someone has in-human reactions doesn't mean they are hacking... sure they might play the game a little to much but if they aren't getting banned by battle-eye then they probably aren't fucking hacking. I've hung up my Asylum life after about a year, and have watched the servers deteriorate. I hope for your community's sake you guys can fix the issues that @Sugarfoot and many other present for you.

Battle-eye will never detect autohotkey scripts. 

explicit likes this
7 minutes ago, Quenton said:

I can assure you that if we left it up to battleeye, you guys would not even bother playing on the Asylum servers. The hackers and 3rd party guys would be out of control and would most likely deplete the population. You are surely misinformed my friend. 

There is a reason anti cheat programs do not work... With every update to their software the hacking community updates theirs.  All it takes its a handful of their users to get banned and they look at the new code and program around it.  Relying on battle-eye or VAC to solely protect your servers is not only a poor choice but a disservice to your members.

12 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

I can assure you that if we left it up to battleeye, you guys would not even bother playing on the Asylum servers. The hackers and 3rd party guys would be out of control and would most likely deplete the population. You are surely misinformed my friend. 

On top of this, I'm fairly certain blatant cheaters like Hans and wuggie andwooden shoes were banned by admins. If we left it up to that BattleEye ban wave, they'd have stuck around for another 5+ months past their actual ban date, and ruined the server more. Oh and that king identity guy...he was blatant...yet so so bad.

explicit and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
24 minutes ago, Quenton said:

The only people ever getting banned for hacking in that case would be idiots who try and use their hacks after an update.  Battle-eye sucks at catching hackers.

16 hours ago, Barry said:

Idk I've known Harley for a really long time and I am biased a bit in this but, after watching these videos it just proves how dumb some people are. Some people are just good and better than others at games it happens. I don't know what video or "proof" Harley got banned for in fact i don't think anyone knows but the admins and thats kinda bullshit. I have played with Harley in arma 3 and he has by no means even pulled off anything fishy other than just shitting on people in fights but that's what a good player does to bad players and lets face it most gangs on asylum are mostly full of bad players. Not saying I'm a good player at all but you can tell who is good even if you are not the greatest player yourself. Probably gonna get hate for this which is expected, but I have to say something about a person that I've been friends with my whole life. lol this thread is pretty funny though

Potentially the video where he admits to toggling a macro for no recoil and proved that by shooting his gun with no macro? But who would assume that? 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

And let me remind yiu...BE did not detect iniuria...it banned anyone who had kernel patching enabled or disabled (I for get which)...they considered it a necesarry evil, considering barely anyone even knows what a kernel is. However, there was legit people banned for having kernel patching disabled. There was many reasons to have it enabled even, such as cresting drivers/developing hardware level software...so BE really sucks

Addon likes this
18 minutes ago, Quenton said:

I think that when it comes to banning people for 3rd party apps, they need to leave it to battle-eye.

Are you for real?  Battle-eye is god awful at detecting anything.  It is literally the joke of anti-cheats next to punkbuster.  All BE does is scan, poorly, your install properties.  Even then 99% of people that get battle-eye banned are using free outdated cheats.  

22 minutes ago, Quenton said:

I've hung up my Asylum life after about a year, and have watched the servers deteriorate. I hope for your community's sake you guys can fix the issues that @Sugarfoot and many other present for you.

Being such a weathered veteran- you would know that this gripe happens  at least once every 3 months.  With good points on all sides, from the tangents this thread has taken, it has been severely taken off topic.

Quenton and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
21 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Gave it to badabing and bamf, go ask them for it. Any half decent player can do it. 

I mean I could be a hipocrit and call out half of synergy for having AHK on there computer - but that is again a witch hunt and its not right eithor.

halluuuu its me the guy that got banned from his own video changing his crosshair with ahk. Such a cheat much wow, pls no hackusations

Gatorade likes this
13 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Are you for real?  Battle-eye is god awful at detecting anything.  It is literally the joke of anti-cheats next to punkbuster.  All BE does is scan, poorly, your install properties.  Even then 99% of people that get battle-eye banned are using free outdated cheats.  

Well then I guess i'll have to admit I didn't realize just how shitty battle-eye is, it's just a little baffling to know you've paid $50 for a game where the anti-cheat doesn't work, and on most servers your fate is left up to a group of administrators who sometimes have biased opinions.

Clint Beastwood and Gatorade like this
Just now, Quenton said:

Well then I guess i'll have to admit I didn't realize just how shitty battle-eye is, it's just a little baffling to know you've paid $50 for a game where the anti-cheat doesn't work, and on most servers your fate is left up to a group of administrators who sometimes have biased opinions.

Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company and their anti-cheat software sucks dick too. 

5 minutes ago, Quenton said:

Biased opinions of what? We gather evidence and submit our case to the CM's and Dev, much like law enforcement does in real life. It's the district attorney's job to decide if they are going to take action or dismiss the case.

No individual Admin is going to make a final call on 3rd party apps unless they are so blatant that if not removed immediately it would be detrimental to the servers.

1 minute ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Biased opinions of what? We gather evidence and submit our case to the CM's and Dev. Much like law enforcement does in real life. It's the district attorney's job to decide if they are going to take action or dismiss the case.

No individual Admin is going to make a final call on 3rd party apps unless they are so blatant that if would be detrimental to the servers to not remove them immediately. 

My statement wasn't directly targeting asylum. Honestly i've had the best experience admin wise on Asylum than any other server, but Asylum isn't the only server on Arma 3.

Edited by Quenton
Clint Beastwood likes this

At the end of the day, the world of asylum where you don't cheat, break rules and genuinely play for fun nothing of this bothers you at all. 

+1 for staff to put up with everything and keep working professionally and unpaid. 

- 1 for actual toxic people

+ 1 for the drama

This thread has gone so offtopic.. 

Shoutout for people reasonably discussing! 

Gatorade and SheriffJohnBeard like this
14 minutes ago, epTic said:

Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company and their anti-cheat software sucks dick too. 

It's nearly impossible to hack on World of Warcraft, everything is server side.  I've never heard that before, is that really a thing?  Or is this more about botting?

7 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

There seems to be some confusion about what constitutes toxic behavior vs non-toxic but still unfriendly behavior. Admittedly it's somewhat subjective, but just so we can all get on the page I'll delineate between the two.

Non-toxic but still unfriendly: This would account for the gross majority of what goes on in side chat. General shit talk and good-natured competitive provocation. Most gangs are do this regularly, though some engage in it more often and seem to revel in it more. But hey, if people's egos are wrapped up in their video game personas, let them have their fun. This would be your average taunting, bragging, insults and what not. It forms rivalries which ends up deepening people's gang experience with an extra competitive element. 

For the most part, this is the category that old bad blood would fall under. A few people behaved obnoxiously and were really unpleasant people to deal with in game at times, but they weren't toxic. They were just acting like people act on the internet. Grating as it may be at times, it's pretty benign. 

Toxic: Behavior that makes people want to leave the server or the community. This would be things like racism, mocking people's dying parents, digging around for people's personal information in order to publicly ridicule them, or really any behavior that is intended to directly harm someone or their experience in the community. Toxicity is purposefully malicious the vast majority of the time. 

Now obviously these are just general definitions and there is certainly some crossover.

TL;DR: Non-toxic: Rude, obnoxious, insulting but ultimately all in good fun. Toxic: Going out of your way to make other people's time here worse. 

I generally agree with this.  For instance, if you lose a cartel then expect to see the other side talking shit.  You learn to live with it and eventually you'll see it to be kinda funny because some players want to treat this as e-sports, probably because they were never physically fit enough to play sports in real life.  Toxic is a broad term and everyone considers something toxic but I do think there should be some lines drawn as to what is okay and what is not okay.

Buckwalter likes this
2 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

It's nearly impossible to hack on World of Warcraft, everything is server side.  I've never heard that before, is that really a thing?  Or is this more about botting?

Its not impossible its just stupid to actually "hack" on it people that do it on the official servers don't last very long. Its the trainers(bots) and scripts that is the problem for them also is a problem for LoL.

@BaDaBiNg_10-8  Lets face it we all know there is some form of admin bias. Its normal, its human, Hell i have my own bias.

Example once again Sheep,

I watch X and Y and Z player from each gang absolutely tear into each other, but they respect the admins, sheep however says dumb shit to admins, and get a toxicity ban.

Tends to make us feel like unless you are also toxic to the admins, you pretty much have free roam to an extent so long as you furnish those connections.

With that being said I have also seen you guys while in FSA ban your own members for bull shit they did, so I have alot of respect for you / others as well

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
19 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

@BaDaBiNg_10-8  Lets face it we all know there is some form of admin bias. Its normal, its human, Hell i have my own bias.

I watch X and Y and Z player from each gang absolutely tear into each other, but they respect the admins, sheep however says dumb shit to admins, and get a toxicity ban.

Tends to make us feel like unless you are also toxic to the admins, you pretty much have free roam to an extent so long as you furnish those connections.

With that being said I have also seen you guys while in FSA ban your own members for bull shit they did, so I have alot of respect for you / others as well

Sheep wasn't banned for being a toxic cunt. 

Sheep was banned for being a lagging cunt. 

34 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I can respect that. 

Gatorade likes this
1 minute ago, henky said:

damn you should be missing it, playing asylum. :) still lurking arround on the forums looking for some fame

I dont need to look for the fame Scroll about in this Thread my Fans cant get enough of me! 1 day macklemore you will be something in asylum 

Edited by Nv Sheep