Suicide and Depression.

5 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

I still stand by it? I believe you are a worthless piece of shit who has no place in this world? Think of it as capital punishment.

hahaha prooves how retarded you really are can you try any harder to pander to seem like a caring person but in reality you are just doing to farm likes, dont make a post saying all life is precious then tell me to kill myself in the next faggot 

justi likes this
5 minutes ago, Xehons said:

hahaha prooves how retarded you really are can you try any harder to pander to seem like a caring person but in reality you are just doing to farm likes, dont make a post saying all life is precious then tell me to kill myself in the next faggot 

some people are worth having around, you are not one of those people

kill yourself

39 minutes ago, Xehons said:

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

some people are worth having around, you are not one of those people

kill yourself

Jimbo said it for me.

For someone who calls themselves the 'CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions' you sure have trouble accepting them. 

I don't want to argue on a thread that is meant to help people, even though you are a massive hypocrite as @Xehons has already shown. If you got something to say tell me on teamspeak, screw this pussyfooting around.

Good luck with your depression thing, wish you godspeed at solving.

Xehons likes this
1 hour ago, justi said:

For someone who calls themselves the 'CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions' you sure have trouble accepting them. 

I don't want to argue on a thread that is meant to help people, even though you are a massive hypocrite as @Xehons has already shown. If you got something to say tell me on teamspeak, screw this pussyfooting around.

Good luck with your depression thing, wish you godspeed at solving.

Trouble accepting them? IDC, what any of you have to say, I'm just pointing out my disagreement. 

My post is to show love to the people who going through things, or have been through things. It's not being a hypocrite to tell someone that they don't deserve the life they have been given after they try justify the death of a 4 year old, it's just basic sense.

Have a nice day, enjoy being cool on the internet :D

30 minutes ago, BKBeats said:

i respect what your are trying to do, but making a topic ON THE FORUMS about depression and suicide is the wrong place bud

mainly because of the e-thugs and toxic players on this community. 

Yeah idc what people got to say about it,

it needs to be talked about more, so i reached out, because, most people on this forum probably relate to the post :D

14 hours ago, Asmodeus said:

Hey Hey everyone i got a solution if you have depression don't play on asylum! because many people and i mean many will straight out tell you to go kill yourself without even sweating *Cough* *Cough* Shaggy, anyway on a serious note i think asylum should do more about toxic people and people telling others to kill themselves however that's missing the topic of this forum, i've lived on a couple rules and guidelines throughout my life and there's always one thing you should goto when you're going through shit and me personally i use this quote " Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." because even though you're going through some tough times doesn't mean you gotta focus on the bad you gotta think of the positive stuff you got going for you and bring more positivity in your life too begin with. and that i think will help alot of people out. however, our youth today don't use these exact methods and they tend to goto their ignorant friends for advice and that's why alot of suicides are happening nowadays is because our youth today is not how parents raised their kids in the 70s and 80s alot has changed and i think eventually the suicide rates will go down but the way that'll happen is if the parents start teaching their kids more about how important their life is to them and others. i mean i've been put through hell and back but i'm still here and i didn't commit die (ok ok i'll be more serious) but instead of cutting yourself or doing some such sort get some help or even help yourself. do something more productive that will benefit you.

+1 that shaggy kid is cancerous as fuck.. 

Asmodeus and Big Fred like this
20 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

If this were true in our current society, you wouldn't consider seeing a doctor when you got sick. You'd just wait it out to see what natural selection was keeping for you.

I don't believe natural selection should apply to every situation. People who survived the Holocaust we're strong. They had it worse then the overwhelming majority of people in this community and they made it through. I'm not saying the ones that didn't are weak either. There are places in the world that are much more primitive and harsh then many of us could imagine and yet people in first world countries kill themselves because their girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on them. While that is by no means the only reason it is one of them and their is even more petty reasons that people kill themselves for. In America and many other westernized countries I'm sure, there is government funding that goes towards suicide hotlines and other suicide prevention means. Would you rather see that money go to a teenager with depression or cancer? Something worth thinking about if you ask me. Everyone I've known or known of that self harmed at some point was weak minded in every other manner of speaking. They couldn't think for themselves, they couldn't stay away from hard drugs. I have more sympathy for someone who is in prison under false charges that commits suicide then the teenager with clinical "genetic" depression.

3 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

Not sure which one is more retarded, the post where someone said they didn't think depression is real

or when the obese guy who is alive due to medication said that suicide is natural selection :D

To be honest it is. If you are stupid enough to use a permanent solution for a temporary problem then yes it's natural selection.

40 minutes ago, Steve said:

I don't believe natural selection should apply to every situation. People who survived the Holocaust we're strong. They had it worse then the overwhelming majority of people in this community and they made it through. I'm not saying the ones that didn't are weak either. There are places in the world that are much more primitive and harsh then many of us could imagine and yet people in first world countries kill themselves because their girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on them. While that is by no means the only reason it is one of them and their is even more petty reasons that people kill themselves for. In America and many other westernized countries I'm sure, there is government funding that goes towards suicide hotlines and other suicide prevention means. Would you rather see that money go to a teenager with depression or cancer? Something worth thinking about if you ask me. Everyone I've known or known of that self harmed at some point was weak minded in every other manner of speaking. They couldn't think for themselves, they couldn't stay away from hard drugs. I have more sympathy for someone who is in prison under false charges that commits suicide then the teenager with clinical "genetic" depression.

29 minutes ago, Tyler said:

To be honest it is. If you are stupid enough to use a permanent solution for a temporary problem then yes it's natural selection.

The problem about depression is that it's a disease just like any other. It's a chemical disorder that takes place in the brain and is triggered by social or major events of life. When it gets too strong to the point you aren't able to cope with your mental pain, you see death as the last resort to escape such painful reality.

There are many types of treatment and it depends on each individual case. Some might be solved with light therapies and some will actually involve drugs - and even this part is hard, since not every drug works for every patient. Not to mention side effects.

As I said, it's a disease like any other. Depression has been called "the century's greatest evil" by many authors. One person suicides every 40 seconds because of depression. It's become a matter of public health, which means government shouldn't choose between cancer or depression, Steve. It should support both.

Edited by BlackShot
27 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

The problem about depression is that it's a disease just like any other. It's a chemical disorder that takes place in the brain and is triggered by social or major events of life. When it gets too strong to the point you aren't able to cope with your mental pain, you see death as the last resort to escape such painful reality.

There are many types of treatment and it depends on each individual case. Some might be solved with light therapies and some will actually involve drugs - and even this part is hard, since not every drug works for every patient. Not to mention side effects.

As I said, it's a disease like any other. Depression has been called "the century's greatest evil" by many authors. One person suicides every 40 seconds because of depression. It's become a matter of public health, which means government shouldn't choose between cancer or depression, Steve. It should support both.

Depression is likely hereditary as well... Natural Selection is essentially certain genes being phased out of the gene pool via death and failure to reproduce. As much as i know "Natural Selection" is considered a negative thing it's actually positive. In this day in age Natural Selection is very rare because everyone is given a chance to live. People who commit suicide as awful as it is are essentially providing a very grim version of Natural Selection. Just putting it out there that just because something is treatable with modern medicine doesn't mean it's positive or negative in the grand scope of the human race to leave it alone or treat it. If we were to allow all the people who were born with the AIDS virus to die out without any chance for them to pass it along guess what major virus would eventually die out as well. Now there are forms of depression that are not caused by genes and that's an entirely different conversation. Sorry for the paragraph figured i'd play a bit of devil's advocate and provide a scientific argument.

Edited by Tyler
Steve likes this
33 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

If anything it's the centuries greatest distraction. There is hella worse shit going on in America(idk where you live) then this. Depression does not kill, lack of willpower does. For the record, I'd rather the Government not fund cancer victims or people with depression treatment really only because it just raises my damn taxes. To add to all this, if someone wants to kill themselves, let them it's their choice. It goes the same way if you are dumb enough not to wear a seatbelt, do hard drugs/get addicted to them, manage your money incorrectly, or any other mistake in life is all the same to me. I'm sure it hurts their families but it was their choice in the end, and if it causes the family pain then that's just life. We have bigger problems to worry about that cause more harm then someone killing themselves in this world.

I'm not gonna bother linking it, but there is peer reviewed science on suicide rates in third world countries being far lower. How could people who have to get water with a bucket from a nearby river that is potentially infested with crocodiles and a dozen other dangerous things waiting to kill and/or eat you not make you want to die more then anything else?

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Depression is likely hereditary as well... Natural Selection is essentially certain genes being phased out of the gene pool via death and failure to reproduce. As much as i know "Natural Selection" is considered a negative thing it's actually positive. In this day in age Natural Selection is very rare because everyone is given a chance to live. People who commit suicide as awful as it is are essentially providing a very grim version of Natural Selection. Just putting it out there that just because something is treatable with modern medicine doesn't mean it's positive or negative in the grand scope of the human race to leave it alone or treat it. If we were to allow all the people who were born with the AIDS virus to die out without any chance for them to pass it along guess what major virus would eventually die out as well. Now there are forms of depression that are not caused by genes and that's an entirely different conversation. Sorry for the paragraph figured i'd play a bit of devil's advocate and provide a scientific argument.

I don't think the definition of natural selection is the problem here. Your logic of applying natural selection to depression or AIDS is something that isn't done ever since that point in history where science and medicine were able to cure or treat most illness without having to let people die. I bet you and everyone else around here wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't by this fact. And even if your concept of natural selection were true for depression and AIDS, it would also be true for many other diseases, including cancer.

1 minute ago, BlackShot said:

I don't think the definition of natural selection is the problem here. Your logic of applying natural selection to depression or AIDS is something that isn't done ever since that point in history where science and medicine were able to cure or treat most illness without having to let people die. I bet you and everyone else around here wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't by this fact. And even if your concept of natural selection were true for depression and AIDS, it would also be true for many other diseases, including cancer.

I think the main point was to say if people with aids in particular don't reproduce or spread it, the disease will disappear within a few generations.

16 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'd rather the Government not fund cancer victims or people with depression treatment really only because it just raises my damn taxes.

I'm sorry, Steve. I tend to agree to most of the ideas you write here on the forums, but this isn't one of them, and this specific comment of yours shows me a tremendous level of selfishness and lack of empathy, and I seriously doubt we'd achieve any good outcome after acknowledging this fact. I don't mean to be rude, but I'll probably stop replying here, I'm sorry. It's just that, to me, depression and other serious illness discussions usually depend on a minimum amount of empathy and such. I respect your opinion though.

8 minutes ago, Steve said:

I think the main point was to say if people with aids in particular don't reproduce or spread it, the disease will disappear within a few generations.

And so is true for many other health issues. But we don't give up on people because there's a "natural selection" way of solving things. We - in general terms - fight for them, search for cures/treatments and support people the way we can. There's a lot of brilliant minds that go through unexpected and serious diseases that would be a tremendous loss for the world or for their local communities. Many of them have a lot to give back, way more than worrying about how much it'll cost government to help them.

Edited by BlackShot
10 minutes ago, Steve said:

wat

2 hours ago, Steve said:

People who survived the Holocaust we're strong.

When I was reading, it said "we're" in that situation it would be were. Because we're states something such as "we're going out for dinner", or "we're going to push OG after watching Steves Cartel Guide." 

You see what I'm getting at now?

1 minute ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

Ahh yes, you’re also one of the people who believe this, I assume you would also believe this, had your parents committed suicide? You’d simply write it off as natural selection?

Id be confused and obviously sad but more angry then anything personally.

23 minutes ago, Steve said:

Id be confused and obviously sad but more angry then anything personally.

Right, so stop saying dumb shit like suicide is natural selection.

Neither of you actually KNOW what natural selection is.

edit- i get you both are probably trying to be edgelords, but your fr fr being stoopid

Edited by CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions
9 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

edit- i get you both are probably trying to be edgelords, but your fr fr being stoopid

I'd also think of then as weak but that won't happen because I was not raised by two bitches.

11 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

Ahh yes, you’re also one of the people who believe this, I assume you would also believe this, had your parents committed suicide? You’d simply write it off as natural selection?

I personally have had a really great friend kill himself over being scared of his father after he got arrested at school because some bullies put merchandise in his backpack at the aquarium on a field trip and the cops thought he was trying to steal it. I had another really good friend kill herself because her parents couldn't provide for her and her siblings so she resorted to prostitution at 13-14 to feed her and her siblings until she couldn't take it anymore. I know exactly how depression can affect someone after personally suffering from it myself. And like i said i was playing devils advocate i personally feel like depression is something that should be tackled head on and the stigma should be removed form wanting to seek help. Every bit of my argument from past posts have been based on scientific research and was provided simply as a counterpoint to support what @Steve was saying simply because it is one of those really hard to swallow pills many people try to gloss over in a conversation of this subject matter. I'm not some callous "edgelord" who says "Oh good riddance" or something when someone commits suicide. In all honesty i personally feel like it is a problem that should be fixed, but was just trying to provide a valid and scientific argument and try to validate a couple things that were being argued. At the end of the day though it's a conversation, you don't have to try and attack people in a discussion it just proves that you actually have no idea what you are trying to argue and that you are just pulling shit out of your ass.

Natural Selection: a natural process that results in the survival and reproductive success of individuals or groups best adjusted to their environment and that leads to the perpetuation of genetic qualities best suited to that particular environment.

ie: People who suffer from a hereditary disease (which is passed from parent to child in the genes) and end up dying and not reproducing see definition above.

10 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

Donald likes this
11 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I personally have had a really great friend kill himself over being scared of his father after he got arrested at school because some bullies put merchandise in his backpack at the aquarium on a field trip and the cops thought he was trying to steal it. I had another really good friend kill herself because her parents couldn't provide for her and her siblings so she resorted to prostitution at 13-14 to feed her and her siblings until she couldn't take it anymore. I know exactly how depression can affect someone after personally suffering from it myself. And like i said i was playing devils advocate i personally feel like depression is something that should be tackled head on and the stigma should be removed form wanting to seek help. Every bit of my argument from past posts have been based on scientific research and was provided simply as a counterpoint to support what @Steve was saying simply because it is one of those really hard to swallow pills many people try to gloss over in a conversation of this subject matter. I'm not some callous "edgelord" who says "Oh good riddance" or something when someone commits suicide. In all honesty i personally feel like it is a problem that should be fixed, but was just trying to provide a valid and scientific argument and try to validate a couple things that were being argued. At the end of the day though it's a conversation, you don't have to try and attack people in a discussion it just proves that you actually have no idea what you are trying to argue and that you are just pulling shit out of your ass.

Natural Selection: a natural process that results in the survival and reproductive success of individuals or groups best adjusted to their environment and that leads to the perpetuation of genetic qualities best suited to that particular environment.

ie: People who suffer from a hereditary disease (which is passed from parent to child in the genes) and end up dying and not reproducing see definition above.

The problem is that much of depression, including who it effects and how badly, isn't caused by genetics. Current research says that there MAY be a genetic connection to depression, but also that a lot of the factors of depression have nothing to do with genetics. Gay kids are 5x more likely to try to kill themselves than straight kids. That's not because gay people are genetically weaker, that's because kids are dicks to gay kids. There is probably a genetic component to depression but it is not so significant that it is the only thing that affects it. Somebody can get severe depression without their parents having it, it is largely a symptom of circumstance. 

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

The problem is that much of depression, including who it effects and how badly, isn't caused by genetics. Current research says that there MAY be a genetic connection to depression, but also that a lot of the factors of depression have nothing to do with genetics. Gay kids are 5x more likely to try to kill themselves than straight kids. That's not because gay people are genetically weaker, that's because kids are dicks to gay kids. There is probably a genetic component to depression but it is not so significant that it is the only thing that affects it. Somebody can get severe depression without their parents having it, it is largely a symptom of circumstance. 

"Now there are forms of depression that are not caused by genes and that's an entirely different conversation."

Scott likes this