Gang life

Addon

First off I know there is a lot of hype for the the modded server so that is taking some of the players off servers 1-4 for a bit. 

Let's be honest gang life is dying. Gangs are dying out, cartels are no longer fought over, and we see more and more people becoming career cops / quitting. 

Back in the day (pre 6.0) you would see gangs hop onto other servers to find a fight and they would get one 90% of the time because back then cartels were extremely worth it. I remember Bad Blood always swapping servers to fight and although they were the biggest and most feared gang on asylum gangs would fight them because they wanted to keep their cartel because of the benefits they were getting from owning it. There were small gangs attempting to contest cartels because if they got it, then they would get a lot of money from Arms, Meth, etc. Then these smaller gangs would get more money and grow and start getting better and more experience. Before there was a big and decent gang on every server and smaller gangs on the servers as well that would try to overrun the bigger gangs. 

Pretty much what I'm saying is give gangs more incentive to fight cartels / small gangs a reason to contest them and try to get bigger. 

Arms - gives a discount & the money goes directly into the gang bank at the same amount as it did pre 6.0 (reduced to fit the new market)

Drug - Keep it how it is with the processing benefits but give the old percentage back (adjusted again) and make it go directly into the gang bank. 

Oil - take a percentage of the oil made and deposit it directly into the gang bank (similar to drug cartel) but keep the rubber at the crate as well to give people a real reason to fight the cartel instead of it being wasted. 

Although alcohol isn't necessarily being used anymore considering the money drop on it - 

Alcohol Cartel - Faster brewing alcohol & if you own it maybe it sells for more (?) *unsure how it would work just an idea - or if you own it you take a percentage of the alcohol made and it gets deposited into the gang bank. 

Open for discussion - just curious what other people think and what others think could happen to make cartels worth it again. 

Fighting cartels is what made asylum so big and popular (for the most part) and right now they aren't worth it. Gangs are dead.

All in all. I miss all the gangs on asylum and people actually contesting cartels / server hopping for fights and getting them. 

All i ever see is the same gangs owning territory and no one can cap it but other huge gangs. on server 2 the turfs are owned by latin kings during the day and fsa at night and these guys play 24/7/365 literally do nothing but play altis so there is never a chance for small gangs to cap. we've tried...

I've noticed the gangs activity, While most will go after a contested cartel if they own it and want to defend, But when it comes to Oil you can easily cap it without a fight and that gets really boring. I'd love to have an underwater war. That would be epic. Anything Paratus could do to fix the gang life would be to re-add those pre- 6.0 benefits/adjust or come up with a new system for how the cartels work and how they will give smaller gangs benefits, ect. ect.

2 hours ago, Addon said:

First off I know there is a lot of hype for the the modded server so that is taking some of the players off servers 1-4 for a bit. 

Let's be honest gang life is dying. Gangs are dying out, cartels are no longer fought over, and we see more and more people becoming career cops / quitting. 

Back in the day (pre 6.0) you would see gangs hop onto other servers to find a fight and they would get one 90% of the time because back then cartels were extremely worth it. I remember Bad Blood always swapping servers to fight and although they were the biggest and most feared gang on asylum gangs would fight them because they wanted to keep their cartel because of the benefits they were getting from owning it. There were small gangs attempting to contest cartels because if they got it, then they would get a lot of money from Arms, Meth, etc. Then these smaller gangs would get more money and grow and start getting better and more experience. Before there was a big and decent gang on every server and smaller gangs on the servers as well that would try to overrun the bigger gangs. 

Pretty much what I'm saying is give gangs more incentive to fight cartels / small gangs a reason to contest them and try to get bigger. 

Arms - gives a discount & the money goes directly into the gang bank at the same amount as it did pre 6.0 (reduced to fit the new market)

Drug - Keep it how it is with the processing benefits but give the old percentage back (adjusted again) and make it go directly into the gang bank. 

Oil - take a percentage of the oil made and deposit it directly into the gang bank (similar to drug cartel) but keep the rubber at the crate as well to give people a real reason to fight the cartel instead of it being wasted. 

Although alcohol isn't necessarily being used anymore considering the money drop on it - 

Alcohol Cartel - Faster brewing alcohol & if you own it maybe it sells for more (?) *unsure how it would work just an idea - or if you own it you take a percentage of the alcohol made and it gets deposited into the gang bank. 

Open for discussion - just curious what other people think and what others think could happen to make cartels worth it again. 

Fighting cartels is what made asylum so big and popular (for the most part) and right now they aren't worth it. Gangs are dead.

All in all. I miss all the gangs on asylum and people actually contesting cartels / server hopping for fights and getting them. 

+1

23 hours ago, DeVo said:

I've noticed the gangs activity, While most will go after a contested cartel if they own it and want to defend, But when it comes to Oil you can easily cap it without a fight and that gets really boring. I'd love to have an underwater war. That would be epic. Anything Paratus could do to fix the gang life would be to re-add those pre- 6.0 benefits/adjust or come up with a new system for how the cartels work and how they will give smaller gangs benefits, ect. ect.

I thineed a cool fight would be on the oil rig.  The oil cartel should move like the others

I wasn't here pre 6.0 but gang Activity is fine for the most part considering there is a group cap, I always see gangs with 7-10 players on, but the issue about no one fighting cartels is the problem and I agree with you in that part. Gang Activity is not bad, people do other things in game, its just that no one fights cartels because of no incentive.

Gear is expensive and you get fuck all from cartels, you can start from there admins.

But as Diseased said, it's been suggested a thousand times and at this point its no fucks given about this important issue. 

AndrewFam likes this

Pre 6.0 Arms and Drug benefits would be amazing but I doubt anything like that would be added again.

I miss the days where you'd go to fight a cartel and have three other gangs show up with helicopters and ifrits, it's just not the same.

Nowadays you're lucky to get a fight and if you do the opposing side attacks/defends once and doesn't come back because there's really no point in having cartels anymore.

As everyone else has been saying - we need incentive. 

Hopefully Motown, Bamf, and Paratus do something this time, or we'll just continue to lose veteran players and gangs. 

37 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Literally 

Incentive.

Have cartels go back to how they were a long ass time ago, money would go from fridge straight to gang bank from Arms Dealer Tax / Drug Cartel. If you played back then take a look of the population / amount of small-medium gangs fighting literally 24/7 to hold down the cartels.

exactly this, i remember back in 2014 it was like this. When i was in paradox and insidious we would fight a cartel against brotherhood or marauders and we would have like 2 other small gangs on the up and up come and fight too, ended up being 3 way fights or more. Even kavala rebel was a fight in itself just trying to gear back up to go back and fight, because everyone had the same mentality back then. which was fighting over and over all day to keep the benefits; none of these one and done fights cause who wants to waste money for no benefit?

Kalier and pete like this
2 minutes ago, Donk said:

exactly this, i remember back in 2014 it was like this. When i was in paradox and insidious we would fight a cartel against brotherhood or marauders and we would have like 2 other small gangs on the up and up come and fight too, ended up being 3 way fights or more. Even kavala rebel was a fight in itself just trying to gear back up to go back and fight, because everyone had the same mentality back then. which was fighting over and over all day to keep the benefits; none of these one and done fights cause who wants to waste money for no benefit?

I remember getting robbed by Paradox at cocaine all the time. 

Fuck you guys :(

Is anyone from Marauders even around anymore or are they all permabanned still?

Kalier likes this
19 hours ago, Whitey said:

I thineed a cool fight would be on the oil rig.  The oil cartel should move like the others

You really can't have a cartel where normal players are expected to gather though.  That would just not work out.  

Now the idea of fighting on a structure and moving around - that I like, but the oil rig itself is not a place that can be a cartel if the gathering is still there.  

18 minutes ago, bamf said:

You really can't have a cartel where normal players are expected to gather though.  That would just not work out.  

Now the idea of fighting on a structure and moving around - that I like, but the oil rig itself is not a place that can be a cartel if the gathering is still there.  

You know we just just fall through like 50% of it with how buggy arma Is.

4 hours ago, bamf said:

Notice me

6 hours ago, bamf said:

True but there are other places to place an oil rig.

17 hours ago, Diseased said:

Literally 

Incentive.

Have cartels go back to how they were a long ass time ago, money would go from fridge straight to gang bank from Arms Dealer Tax / Drug Cartel. If you played back then take a look of the population / amount of small-medium gangs fighting literally 24/7 to hold down the cartels.

Exactly. The dev doesn't get it lol. And its so blatantly clear.