A Topic Worth Discussing - Money Cap

First off, this was written by @TheRealLethal, and since he is on mod que, he asked me to post this for him. I personally do agree with many of the points but would also like to see what the rest of the community's opinions are...

"Hello, so before i begin, i understand this has been talked about before but i feel as if other posts have not properly identified the Pros and Cons of money cap. So that is what i will attempt to do in this thread.

So before 6.0 you could have as much money in your bank account as possible. The reason this was removed varies depending on which admin/dev you ask. But the main reasons it was removed is, People just bought 50 mil at a time, people were careless with money, and people did not have to make money which led to people just fighting and not playing the game for what its suppose to be.

So with the intro of 6.0 you can only have a mil max (10 mil old money) And this has supposedly solved the problems listed above. I disagree When i was in Innovative i loved grinding meth with people and it was so fun seeing my bank account steadily rise. If you want to check my account I have always been near cap post 6.0, and when i get on i dont feel like playing anymore because i have nowhere to progress. Why should I be punished for playing the game?

So before you type away some typical retort let me stop you. "We have more unique IDs log on than ever before" ok, but let me ask you, is the average players play session longer or shorter than before.

The other main concern "Regiment and Bad blood and Innovative just pulled vest after vest after vest and ifrit after ifrit" That is not a money cap issue, that is a group cap issue. There are no super gangs. also there is no more insurance. Insurance was a huge reason people just went balls deep with vehicles.

I think i speak for alot of people when i say i would play more if i had something to work for and for me back in the day, i tried my ass off to get on the rich list, and when i finally did it was awesome. People dont do anything anymore, everyone hits cap and logs off. 

Think about it, more people grinding money, more people trying to rob those people grinding money, better server health.

I understand its a soft cap with the introduction of turning prestige into money, but the tax is not good. I have no reason to go past 1 mil prestige. I understand you guys are scared to have the aids fest that we had pre 6.0, but without insurance and with group cap, you will not have the same shit as before.

Please dont just say "working as intended, locked" can we have a serious discussion about this. Although i may not be able to reply straight away since im on mod que, ill do my best."

- @TheRealLethal

I agree that the money cap has not solved any of those problems, but I also do not see any solutions. With the ability to make money in a group being so high, it really is a system that benefits larger gangs and penalizes those who work solo. I remember trying to grind money when first starting out, someone would kill me, and I would be back to square one.That, in my opinion, is how the game should be played. High risk, high rewards, and now it is just a tedious grind to the top.

+1, the money cap effectively created the gang life today. Gangs have to do things such as no chop, revives to get a fight; if the money cap were removed continuous farming would, in my eyes, enable start up gang to feel less risk and more reward through expensive load outs and illegal vehicles.

Can be a great idea to increase the money-cap. But you have to get a thing into consideration. Is it then necessary to manipulate the economy whereas changing base-prices so that the purpose of making money remains as intended? Or is it nice for once to grind hard until reaching the "new" money cap, lets say 10 million, and then not be afraid to spend your money and have fun for a while and then start grinding again?

Some will say it is good at the current state, while others will still hate money-cap. As it is right now, people might become a little bit anxious when it comes to spending, while others feels the exact opposite. But wouldn't it  create a less tension when knowing that you do not need to constantly think about how much money you have left and for how much long you need to grind before spending it on gear/vehicles. Personally, it could be nice knowing that my bank account can last a bit longer before I have to start grinding again, which can bring more relaxation and "having fun" than before.

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

tl;dr: People did supremely stupid shit when they had access to near-infinite amounts of money.

Not-Admins having Admin-levels of money and zero accountability to not be retards with it; destroyed any and all chances of it being a viable system.

Wait, driving around in hemmts loaded with 50 cals and suicide vests to blow everything up when the cops showed up wasnt an appropriate way to use the in game money you paid real money for?

Edited by HotWings
Frizzy, Leap and /|/|0T4RD like this
2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Wait, driving around in hemmts loaded with 50 cals and suicide vests to blow everything up when the cops showed up wasnt an appropriate way to use the in game money you paid real money for?

I know there was a time when $person had a suicide vest every time I saw them. Every time I would try to restrain them, or anytime there was a risk of them getting caught they would just detonate it.

Edited by Cynica
massi likes this
15 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Don't forget having 6 people eject out of a Hummindbird and detonate suicide vests in midair to cluster-bomb police HQs because the cop didn't do what you wanted him to.

Just thought of a way to live when you detonate a vest. 

Parachute!!

detonate vest above target. mostly Arma physics will make the bomb miss you and it free falls to the ground. 

Then you use that Parachute:D 

Agree on everything, BUT it will prolly never happen,tbh I loved pre 6.0 after that, I was money capped 24/7, I had nothing to do, everything got boring, I remeber the days when Regiment did community meth runs that shit was fun or FSA was awesome they still RP'd even tho they had 200mil in the gang bank, Most of the gangs did something for the civs and it was fun to play, now its "shit".... No Rp just shooting or dealing with fucking disabled retards (aka kavala trolls who are all over the island now) even gangs are shit now they dont care about anyone but their gang mates. 

Steve likes this
38 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Sounds fun too me.

I never said it wouldn't be fun, we did it a few times in Bad Blood (minus the vests because we actually fought for our freedom). But there is also no ramifications for these actions when you can just purchase 50 million because you have a good job.  

Now that I have time, I can elaborate more on my points and opinion:

The cap, in my opinion when it was implemented, was a good idea. Mainly because I thought the prestige system was going to be something worth players time, and its been almost 2 years now and its still not worth a shit. 

However, I am for removing the cap. But I do understand the hesitation from the dev team because I have seen what not having a cap did or what it could cause if the cap was lifted. Before the money cap, people (mainly members of super gangs) with endless amounts of money could do whatever they want...very similar to what Admins can do, besides the teleporting, scripting in their own gear, etc. etc...Oh and Admins don't have to grind for their money in game and they don't get banned (so there are some repercussions for the playerbase).

The biggest issue with this was the onslaught of Orcas/Ifrits/Vests with 15-20+ people jumping from Fed->Prison->Bank nonstop (keep in mind, this was mainly during peak times only). But there has been a lot of changes since then that helped resolve some of those issues:

1) Vehicle Insurance Removal - Players took full advantage of vehicle insurance and losing a helicopter literally meant nothing to them.
2) New SPAR 5.56 weapon - Takes out Ifrit tires very fast. 
3) Suicide Vests - Players have to be on the ground and out of a vehicle to set off a suicide vest.
4) Group Cap - No more super gangs like there use to be. It appears that cops outnumber rebels in a lot of engagements now (like it should be).
5) Objective Cooldowns - 45 minute cooldown makes it a lot more difficult to go from one to the other nonstop like it was in the past.

Another thing that might be on the minds of Admins/Devs is the selling/buying of money. And in all fairness, nothing has changed on that spectrum. Cap or no cap, people will always buy and sell in-game money. Honestly, who cares what other people do with their own personal money. If they want to waste more money on a video game, who are we to judge. 

The one thing that has kept these servers alive has been the constant patching. With this, I must applaud the dev team for constantly working on updates and trying to fix shit. However, whenever I play, I never see anyone doing anything. I can drive all over the map and maybe run in to a few people here and there (besides Kavala). Before, there was people everywhere trying to grind to make more money. Shit, even some of the most wealthiest of players would be grinding just to make more and try to be number 1 on the list. It appears now that when people get capped, they are just bored and don't have anything else to do. 

Removing the cap might not be the answer, but at this time and in my opinion, I feel like it is the best answer. 

Ozadu, Monkeysz, Frizzy and 14 others like this
12 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

The cap, in my opinion when it was implemented, was a good idea. Mainly because I thought the prestige system was going to be something worth players time, and its been almost 2 years now and its still not worth a shit. 

However, I am for removing the cap. But I do understand the hesitation from the dev team because I have seen what not having a cap did or what it could cause if the cap was lifted. Before the money cap, people (mainly members of super gangs) with endless amounts of money could do whatever they want...very similar to what Admins can do, besides the teleporting, scripting in their own gear, etc. etc...Oh and Admins don't have to grind for their money in game and they don't get banned (so there are some repercussions for the playerbase).

The biggest issue with this was the onslaught of Orcas/Ifrits/Vests with 15-20+ people jumping from Fed->Prison->Bank nonstop (keep in mind, this was mainly during peak times only). But there has been a lot of changes since then that helped resolve some of those issues:

1) Vehicle Insurance Removal - Players took full advantage of vehicle insurance and losing a helicopter literally meant nothing to them.
3) Suicide Vests - Players have to be on the ground and out of a vehicle to set off a suicide vest.
4) Group Cap - No more super gangs like there use to be. It appears that cops outnumber rebels in a lot of engagements now (like it should be).
5) Objective Cooldowns - 45 minute cooldown makes it a lot more difficult to go from one to the other nonstop like it was in the past.

Another thing that might be on the minds of Admins/Devs is the selling/buying of money. And in all fairness, nothing has changed on that spectrum. Cap or no cap, people will always buy and sell in-game money. Honestly, who cares what other people do with their own personal money. If they want to waste more money on a video game, who are we to judge. 

The one thing that has kept these servers alive has been the constant patching. With this, I must applaud the dev team for constantly working on updates and trying to fix shit. However, whenever I play, I never see anyone doing anything. I can drive all over the map and maybe run in to a few people here and there (besides Kavala). Before, there was people everywhere trying to grind to make more money. Shit, even some of the most wealthiest of players would be grinding just to make more and try to be number 1 on the list. It appears now that when people get capped, they are just bored and don't have anything else to do. 

Removing the cap might not be the answer, but at this time and in my opinion, I feel like it is the best answer. 

Even if they made it like 2million instead.....Like when I am close to 1mil I don't even feel the need too play, I only log on too fight with my mates..

Gubber Flexx likes this
1 minute ago, OLL13 said:

Altis life is meant to be crazy, who wants to come home from a shitty day at work/school and look at an empty bank account. I don't know about you but i want to have access to millions and feel like a badass and do crazy shit like convoy's of hemmit 50.cal's etc. Also, removing money gap would 100% sort out gang life.

You sir have hit the nail on the head

DreamC and asiuxjau like this
2 hours ago, Monkeysz said:

I agree +1

2 hours ago, Gubber Flexx said:

+1 I agree fuck money cap 

2 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Money cap is stupid. All it accomplishes is hiding how wealthy you actually are, and making you less likely to grind money (aka playing the game).

1 hour ago, KevinOB said:

+1 money cap sucks

55 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

+1 Agreed! 

49 minutes ago, CriticalTug said:

I extremely liked the server before a money cap was introduced. It is discouraging playing now with the Cap in mind. All it does it let you know when you need to find a new buyer for your 1 mil

18 minutes ago, OLL13 said:

Altis life is meant to be crazy, who wants to come home from a shitty day at work/school and look at an empty bank account. I don't know about you but i want to have access to millions and feel like a badass and do crazy shit like convoy's of hemmit 50.cal's etc. Also, removing money gap would 100% sort out gang life.

+1 To all of these....

@bamf @Paratus @Olio

Flameless and DreamC like this
1 hour ago, HomeTrlx said:

Agree on everything, BUT it will prolly never happen,tbh I loved pre 6.0 after that, I was money capped 24/7, I had nothing to do, everything got boring, I remeber the days when Regiment did community meth runs that shit was fun or FSA was awesome they still RP'd even tho they had 200mil in the gang bank, Most of the gangs did something for the civs and it was fun to play, now its "shit".... No Rp just shooting or dealing with fucking disabled retards (aka kavala trolls who are all over the island now) even gangs are shit now they dont care about anyone but their gang mates. 

I have no clue how they can't see people will want to play if they'd just remove money cap and let us have something to do while not selling! Money cap has not even solved money selling problem.

IMO the money cap has stopped me from grinding/playing a rp server like it is supposed to be played. What I'm kinda confused bout is the we DONT want them have as much money as a admin? But Admins remember we rebels have to stock up or even drive up to rebel to load out. U respawn load in gear and boom back in fight. So I DONT see the problem with people having stocked up millions because they still had to grind to make it millions. If there was no cap I would be grinding and grinding making deals with big gangs to let me grind without being robbed (paying them if its a must) I hired a group of 15 guys on another server just to help transport and sell. ATM its like I got a mil wat to do now? None out there to rob and why rob when u can't sell since ur capped...

3 hours ago, Killswitch said:

@bamf You are quick to listen to suggestions and change things. Lets get this changed for the good.

ryno7 likes this