64bit Update

Just now, Ferknight said:

So it took you guys about 2-3 weeks to actually try to fix it? Lmayo +1

If by "you guys" you mean Paratus, and "2-3 weeks" you mean a week and a half, then yes.

So it took you guys about 2-3 weeks to actually try to fix it? Lmayo +1

Nothing that needed to be "fixed", its a new thing that we are switching to, not something we have to, but something was decided to. Things take time, we have a Dev on vacation and a Dev that is working his butt of trying to push out a stand alone game with a small team. Now that the other project is being staffed Paratus will have more time on Asylum.

BlackShot, Zoex, thero and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Olio said:

Nothing that needed to be "fixed", its a new thing that we are switching to, not something we have to, but something was decided to. Things take time, we have a Dev on vacation and a Dev that is working his butt of trying to push out a stand alone game with a small team. Now that the other project is being staffed Paratus will have more time on Asylum.

Let's be honest here.. you 'kinda' have to switch over to 64bit

Ferknight likes this
4 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

sweet was wondering who has been donating the money to get the stuff fixed... glad to find out who it is man... how much u donated so far?

First of all you're retarded.

6 minutes ago, Olio said:

Second of all you are dependent on a Dev who is deving a game and suppose help on asylum? How retarded are you guys? The amount of work you're putting just on paratus is just an unreasonable amount. Identity has made over 400k in donations they could simply hire another dev to focus on Identity and some on asylum. Depending on 2 devs is just pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

If by "you guys" you mean Paratus, and "2-3 weeks" you mean a week and a half, then yes.

"you guys" Bamf & Paratus. At this point in time I was just informed that paratus is the only one doing work.

FudgeR likes this

Bamf & Paratus. At this point in time I was just informed that paratus is the only one doing work.

Bamf isn't a programmer. Bamf has no idea how to compile an executable to the best of my knowledge.

Also worth noting that Paratus is the one who doesn't seem to want additional help.

Just now, Fudger said:

So do u know if switching to 64bit will fix the servers for sure?

No clue. We'll see.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Bamf isn't a programmer. Bamf has no idea how to compile an executable to the best of my knowledge.

No clue. We'll see.

It's literally retarded to only have one deb able to push stuff and program when he is working on identity so much ... why not just get other devs:FeelsBadMan: 

Just now, Gnashes said:

No clue. We'll see.

Bamf is labeled as a Developer. Why is he labeled as a developer if he doesn't know what to do? If he can't do anything than what is he doing at all? Giving people hope that theres another "Developer" doing something?

Just now, Pentax said:

Because Paratus has trust issues. He thinks everyone wants to steal his "most developed altis life" project.

ha that just made my day. After a certain amount amount Paratus has to understand that it just isn't gonna work with just himself. It's too much work for one human being. 

2 minutes ago, Ferknight said:

Bamf is labeled as a Developer. Why is he labeled as a developer if he doesn't know what to do? If he can't do anything than what is he doing at all? Giving people hope that theres another "Developer" doing something?

For the last 7 months, 100% of the ideas/features have been Bamf's idea, 90% of the code that's been added to Asylum is of my doing. Bamf has been more or less doing "Project Lead" while I've been handling the "learn how to make it happen" aspect. If you want to question anyone with a Developer title, it would be Motown as he's done nothing since he got Paratus to add Toasties.

Bamf is currently the glue that's holding Asylum together. He goes, Asylum dies. I'd not really question his worth to the community.

God you sound like an entitled asshole. Your special 64bit server update came a week late for a mod of a game. You're complaining because of title cards given to the people who keep the mod going. I guess you have to know programming to be game dev. Its not like there's a whole grab bag of dev skills that make up a game. Why don't you stop shitting on the people that have consistently updated and maintained... again a MOD that is enjoyable.

Matthew likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

For the last 7 months, 100% of the ideas/features have been Bamf's idea, 90% of the code that's been added to Asylum is of my doing. Bamf has been more or less doing "Project Lead" while I've been handling the "learn how to make it happen" aspect. If you want to question anyone with a Developer title, it would be Motown as he's done nothing since he got Paratus to add Toasties.

Banf is currently the glue that's holding Asylum together. He goes, Asylum dies.

That's nice to know. SO 90% is you. Bamf = Idea Guy. Paratus = 10%? Motown = Guy jerking himself off. Once again shouldnt be dependent on 1 guy to be the "glue" to the entire server which has a big player base. Especially on a arma server.

Just now, Ghost0fDawn said:

God you sound like an entitled asshole. Your special 64bit server update came a week late for a mod of a game. You're complaining because of title cards given to the people who keep the mod going. I guess you have to know programming to be game dev. Its not like there's a whole grab bag of dev skills that make up a game. Why don't you stop shitting on the people that have consistently updated and maintained... again a MOD that is enjoyable.

First of all with you little child stop being an arrogant little stuck up spoiled child who doesn't know anything about programming. I feel bad to compare asylum to Olympus but take Olympus for example how it's more optimized and how they have fixed most of the issues that Asylum has been dealing with for the past couple of months.

That's nice to know. SO 90% is you. Bamf = Idea Guy. Paratus = 10%? Motown = Guy jerking himself off. Once again shouldnt be dependent on 1 guy to be the "glue" to the entire server which has a big player base. Especially on a arma server.

First of all with you little child stop being an arrogant little stuck up spoiled child who doesn't know anything about programming. I feel bad to compare asylum to Olympus but take Olympus for example how it's more optimized and how they have fixed most of the issues that Asylum has been dealing with for the past couple of months.

Let's not forget both Gnashes and Bamf are not getting paid to do this. This is all volunteer work.

Sure, I'm not a programmer. That doesn't make me a child. I'm working with a dev team making a game right now. So I have the self respect to not shit on the people that do various different things on the team, but it's good to know you care more to judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree. If you really have a problem with the way asylum is operating maybe you should stop giving it attention and go make your own, more successful life server? Asylum devs are just people like the rest of us, and this isn't their full time job.

Edited by Ghost0fDawn
Just now, Ghost0fDawn said:

Sure, I'm not a programmer. That doesn't make me a child. I'm working with a dev team making a game right now. So I have the self respect to not shit on the people that do various different things on the team, but it's good to know you care more to judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree. If you really have a problem with the way asylum is operating maybe you should stop giving it attention and go make your own, more successful life server? Asylum devs are just people like the rest of us, and this isn't their full time job.

First of all Im not judging a Fish's ability to climb a tree, Im judging a developer by his work. Also this is only to help Asylum open their eyes and see that they could improve. Asylum Devs are people with knowledge on how to code. Which 99% of the entire server doesn't understand. I know its not Bamfs & Gnashes full time Job but you would be joking if you said that it wasn't paratus full time job. Either way I've made my point. Im done arguing. 

First of all Im not judging a Fish's ability to climb a tree, Im judging a developer by his work. Also this is only to help Asylum open their eyes and see that they could improve. Asylum Devs are people with knowledge on how to code. Which 99% of the entire server doesn't understand. I know its not Bamfs & Gnashes full time Job but you would be joking if you said that it wasn't paratus full time job. Either way I've made my point. Im done arguing. 

You seem to claim you understand when you have no clue what a vacation is. I stress again. Dev does not mean programmer. Asylum life's team may be very small and consist primarily of programmers as that's all that there really is to it, sure. But simply programming a feature or patching a bug is far from the only work that goes into making it. I highly doubt paratus is putting his future on a life mod and definitely not his actual game being developed. He staffed Identity enough that he could give more attention to Life, which should be thanked. Not piss all over the devs because it took a week and a half longer than you simply wanted it too.

For someone who talks about people not understanding, you don't seem to understand a dev is a human being with human being needs and creating an update isn't pressing a single button on a keyboard to "make it so"

"Developer" is a broad title for Asylum. It's less a title for "people who develop code" and more for "people who maintain the servers and develop new ideas".

Of the people who are currently able to actually add code to Asylum (Bamf, Myself, Paratus, and Speed), Bamf is in IT/Networking with a creative streak, I'm an Accountant who picked up SQF as a hobby, Speed/Paratus are programmers, but both typically don't want to come home from work to do more code.

The biggest complaint I personally have is that we still only have 2 people who can reset dead servers / apply patches to servers (Bamf/Paratus). I don't even want a Developer title; I just want to be able to restart a server if it dies (The only additional access it would even give me is direct Database access, I have access to server code already).