Change log 7.2.1

Paratus

8 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Searching someones person is broken on Tanoa. It just keeps, "Searching..." infinitely.

Every player, or a few in particular?  That code should be the same for both islands - so if it's broken in one spot, it should be broken everywhere. 

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Every player, or a few in particular?  That code should be the same for both islands - so if it's broken in one spot, it should be broken everywhere. 

Every player. All characters. No character in their name was preventing me from doing it. It is just purely all people are unable to be searched.

On 6/20/2016 at 4:20 PM, Pentax said:

This reply wasn't to flame, call anyone out, or cry, but simply to point out some things.

So let's do some balancing, math and some common sense here.

Let's start with some proof, so that people wouldn't assume that I'm taking numbers out of my ass.

First of all let's take a look at base gun prices for rebels and cops.

Screenshot below is for MK variants and as you can see base price for rebel guns on asylum. Keep in mind that this is base price, which means that no taxes, no turfs, no arms, nothing is being applied to give you a discount on a weapon.

Reveal hidden contents

fc5a59b895bdf3076f4b0cb6bf1e5aaf.png

Screenshot below is for every other gun (base prices).

Reveal hidden contents

28356acada4b9d2facbcc3b06670ed1b.png

Now a screenshot below provides a base price of guns for cops.

Reveal hidden contents

d00ee750c86ee525ed9de1bab3a35406.png

So to compare the base price of guns between rebels and cops, looks like they're quite the same. Corporal/SGT MXM costs 5000, while Rebel Katiba costs 6000. LT MK1 costs 8000, while Rebel MK1 costs 9000, MK18 costs 8000. (Everything still Base priced)

Now let's apply Rebel discounts to all the guns and do some math.

Screenshot below a proof that such discount exists code wise (as we already know that obviously).

Reveal hidden contents

9fbe5f0bee3ff3b9451c36c0a0821e78.png

So, to explain a picture below is basically like this: If you own arms and more than 1 turf, then the gun base price will be multiplied by 0.60 and if you own either arms dealer or at least more than 1 turf, then the base price will be multiplied by 0.75, so let's get some comparisons.

Rebel Katiba with arms and more than 1 turf owned: 6000x0.60=3600

Rebel Katiba with either arms or more than 1 turf owned: 6000x0.75=4500

Rebel Mk18 with arms and more than 1 turf owned: 8000x0.60=4800

Rebel Mk18 with either Arms or more than 1 turf owned: 8000x0.75=6000

Rebel Mk1 with arms and more than 1 turf owned: 9000x0.60=5400

Rebel Mk1 with either Arms or more than 1 turf owned: 8=9000x0.75=6750

Now market system, picture below is a shown code from Asylum code.

Reveal hidden contents

06d9a74730f967ecc9272273e851feed.png

So, from above picture the only thing about the market (at least clearly) you can see that if there's no weapons on the market, the price gets multiplied by 1.25. Then the discounts from arms and turfs gets applied (this specific part I'm not sure yet with my virtual reality coding skills, but I think it applies the discount from turfs/arms to already increased price from _qty (which is increased by 1.25) so what I think that means is that it applies the turf/arms discount to the already increased price from the market).

Now here comes a second part about the market:

Reveal hidden contents

f6a1d857ec16c0f05367c67081bba295.png

In the picture above is shown how the code calculates discounted price for the weapons that there are on the market. Pretty self explanatory to be honest, for those that it isn't well unfortunate that you can't read virtual reality code and basic math. The discount itself from weapons on the market isn't huge though.

So basically to sum it up, your Mk18/Mk1 price is lower than Corporals/Sgt's MXM, that happens only if Mk18/Mk1 are on the market and if you hold those 2 turfs and Arms. Sure you can give me the argument of "you have to actually put effort into holding turf and arms and making sure there are guns on the market", now I'll give you this argument, let's take Synergy for example. They literally controlled Server 1 with barely any contest (whether it was due to it being so massive or w/e I don't care, this is not to shame or anything but simply to put as an example that such thing is quite easily achievable), so you buy a 20x times better gun for CHEAPER than a Corporal/SGT's MXM, don't forget that not every single cop is Corporal/SGT either. So where is the common sense? It's is literally M.I.A. Why do you get a BEST gun in the game for cheaper than my 20x worse gun than yours when on top I have to put MORE EFFORT, than you in order to keep Cpl/Sgt rank in order to be ABLE to buy that gun????????? COMMON SENSE?!?! Sure you guys (mainly rebels that play only rebel) were not happy when your loadouts were 40k and I thought it was too much also, and no I'm not crying I'm trying to point out some balancing issues here and to find common sense, but for god sakes where is the balance in THIS?!?!?

And to those who are trying to pull an argument of "well all you need to buy is a weapon, we need to buy a whole loadout".

BULLSHIT, all you really need to buy is a vest which is 5k and some ammo, nobody is forcing you to buy grenades, etc....

So your discounted Mk1 with a vest becomes around 11k, extra mags, some y inventory, the goes max to let's say 15k. You are only paying 6k more than a Lt's Mk1. BUT DON'T FORGET THE MAIN FACTOR, there are only 32 Lt's, and you have to put in so much effort to even get Lt and to keep your Lt rank while every single rebel can buy Mk1, so PLEASE, don't pull your "you have to buy whole loadout" argument, because it's completely irreverent.

Sorry for bad English.

TLDR:

Reveal hidden contents

Read it, if not well enjoy the picture then

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't see you fighting for turfs or cartels.  Are you trying to say its unfair?  Understandably that could be your opinion, but I beg to differ if it is.  I think it is fair, its not easy keeping control of so much it takes time and effort.  Honestly I'm to lazy to read everything you wrote so I'm assuming you are saying prices are unfair.  Lol

Edited by DJB
2 hours ago, DJB said:

I don't see you fighting for turfs or cartels.  Are you trying to say its unfair?  Understandably that could be your opinion, but I beg to differ if it is.  I think it is fair, its not easy keeping control of so much it takes time and effort.  Honestly I'm to lazy to read everything you wrote so I'm assuming you are saying prices are unfair.  Lol

Most cartels are captured afk with a sdar :P The biggest difference is that cops are forced into combat situations, while rebels are not. Cop gear should be cheaper than rebel gear

Google™ likes this
39 minutes ago, Treeherder said:

But you can write a script that takes in to account the player's clothing and adjusts the damage dealt according. 

That would waste way too much resources for useless checks, not really worth it. Those can fail too if server is laggy and can't complete the task during the cycle it cancels the whole thing and waits for a new cycle.

7 hours ago, DJB said:

I did cartel fighting more than you could think of.

Google™ likes this
On 6/26/2016 at 7:24 AM, bamf said:

Just an update on this that it is still not working on any player.  We tried with multiple officers on multiple people this morning and like they said just ***searching....***

Cant say on altis for sure but know for a fact its an issue on tanoa.

EDIT:  This was as of like 5 hours ago.  Cant say since then.

Edited by 2legit
13 minutes ago, Joltiwolfe said:

I think the price of AK's should be lowered, since the AK is a very cheap weapon in real life terms, and can be bought from 50-300$ in various places around the world.

Basing weapons on arma on the real world just doesnt work for asylum.  Add to that that bohemia has a less than stellar record for implementing ballistics properly and it leads to a situation where some guns would just be completely useless.  If they make the ak too cheap the 6.5s and smaller will never get used.  After playing around with them in editor the 7.62x39 that the ak uses just hits harder at distance than the 6.5s despite the fact that 6.5 should be a flatter shooting round that retains good KE.  Maybe the akm/ak74u just because they cant have sights attatched but the ak12 with scopes and that 2 round burst is a nasty gun to go up against.

Edited by 2legit
19 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Most cartels are captured afk with a sdar :P The biggest difference is that cops are forced into combat situations, while rebels are not. Cop gear should be cheaper than rebel gear

I disagree with both statements :P  If you fought cartels everyday you would know that most are not fought with sdar. ( There is a difference between fighting cartels and capping them when no one is there. )  Also rebels normally have a bounty, yes?  Therefore there is a high chance of running into police that they will have to fight.  Also anytime you are on Asylum servers as a rebel the chances of you fighting are much higher than police.  

Though I'd like to add that I don't disagree with your statement on the prices of guns for higher ups in the APD.

Edited by DJB
Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
13 hours ago, Pentax said:

I did cartel fighting more than you could think of.

Well I speak from my experience sir and I have never seen you at a cartel, maybe once.  No offense to you, I'm just saying maybe people that are more experienced as of late or in the past should step up in sharing their opinion.  It seems to me the people sharing their opinions on rebel / civilian sided subjects are those that play heavily on the Blufor / APD side. 

Edited by DJB
Nic Rage likes this
18 minutes ago, DJB said:

Well I speak from my experience sir and I have never seen you at a cartel, maybe once.  No offense to you, I'm just saying maybe people that are more experienced as of late or in the past should step up in sharing their opinion.  It seems to me the people sharing their opinions on rebel / civilian sided subjects are those that play heavily on the Blufor / APD side. 

I was in Marauders, where we used to do cartels every single day for 7hours a day, against Insidious and Bad Blood. Then I was one of the second leaders of Bad Blood, where the same situation pretty much. Trust me I have a fair share of cartel experience, we're prolly talking around a year or just cartels. You simply don't know me cause you haven't been here when I was playing rebel.

DJB likes this
3 minutes ago, Pentax said:

I was in Marauders, where we used to do cartels every single day for 7hours a day, against Insidious and Bad Blood. Then I was one of the second leaders of Bad Blood, where the same situation pretty much. Trust me I have a fair share of cartel experience, we're prolly talking around a year or just cartels. You simply don't know me cause you haven't been here when I was playing rebel.

Why did it take u seven hours to take 4 cartels? Just asking

26 minutes ago, Pentax said:

I was around, just didn't play the same server as you or probably was not active fighting cartels at the same time as you.  Though I've been around since like Nov. 2014 somewhere round there.  But I see where you are coming from, vast past experience but are you active on the rebel side now? Jk jk not trying to pick at you. Things have changed a lil bit though.  Lol.  Though I understand your views on things, I just have my own views.  Not trying to say your views are bad or wrong.  Just saying how I feel about the prices and whatnot based on what is required of the players to attain the benefits given.  

P.S its not like just any random off the streets is going to get these benefits.  Also I mentioned earlier when I quoted Budbringer that I don't disagree that maybe there should be some more benefits for those that are higher ups in the APD.  Such as cheaper guns etc.

Edited by DJB
28 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

Why did it take u seven hours to take 4 cartels? Just asking

It was constant fighting between 2 gangs for 7 hours a day, every single day on Server 3. People actually weren't in mentality of "1 and done".

19 minutes ago, DJB said:

I was around, just didn't play the same server as you or probably was not active fighting cartels at the same time as you.  Though I've been around since like Nov. 2014 somewhere round there.  But I see where you are coming from, vast past experience but are you active on the rebel side now? Jk jk not trying to pick at you. Things have changed a lil bit though.  Lol.  Though I understand your views on things, I just have my own views.  Not trying to say your views are bad or wrong.  Just saying how I feel about the prices and whatnot based on what is required of the players to attain the benefits given.  

P.S its not like just any random off the streets is going to get these benefits.  Also I mentioned earlier when I quoted Budbringer that I don't disagree that maybe there should be some more benefits for those that are higher ups in the APD.  Such as cheaper guns etc.

The whole reason why I made the post was because it's not balanced, MK1 shouldn't cost lower than MXM (for cops) it's just simple like that. Like you're paying less for a better gun, does that make sense?

Just now, Pentax said:

The whole reason why I made the post was because it's not balanced, MK1 shouldn't cost lower than MXM (for cops) it's just simple like that. Like you're paying less for a better gun, does that make sense?

Well when u think about it even though the mk1 is a higher caliber then the Mxm. The mxm has its perks as well it doesn't have as much recoil, it has a 30 round mag, and it still has a longer barrel which makes it very accurate at ranges. So I think it is quite balanced

16 minutes ago, Pentax said:

It was constant fighting between 2 gangs for 7 hours a day, every single day on Server 3. People actually weren't in mentality of "1 and done".

I just feel like keeping control of turfs for that big discount takes time and becomes a priority that you have to go to.  When a turf pops its like a fed, Prison break or bank popping for APD but for rebels.  Same goes for Arms dealer and cartels in my opinion.  Isn't the only reason prices are low is because we ( gang members ) want that extra reward for keeping 2/3 turfs?  That and Arms I suppose since the discounts stack.  But yeah some sort of reward would have to replace the discount in my opinion. :)  Lol or not I don't care, either way I'm going to have fun playing.  Whatever happens. ASYLUM LIFE !!!  P.S I am a potato

Edited by DJB
46 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

Well when u think about it even though the mk1 is a higher caliber then the Mxm. The mxm has its perks as well it doesn't have as much recoil, it has a 30 round mag, and it still has a longer barrel which makes it very accurate at ranges. So I think it is quite balanced

Armor penetration is the only thing that matters between both.

2 hours ago, 2legit said:

Basing weapons on arma on the real world just doesnt work for asylum.  Add to that that bohemia has a less than stellar record for implementing ballistics properly and it leads to a situation where some guns would just be completely useless.  If they make the ak too cheap the 6.5s and smaller will never get used.  After playing around with them in editor the 7.62x39 that the ak uses just hits harder at distance than the 6.5s despite the fact that 6.5 should be a flatter shooting round that retains good KE.  Maybe the akm/ak74u just because they cant have sights attatched but the ak12 with scopes and that 2 round burst is a nasty gun to go up against.

The AKM and the AK74u should be very cheap.  You can't attach sights to it which puts you at a disadvantage at range after 300m.  It's good weapon for drug running and guaranteed CQB engagements other than that, the two weapons do not excel at anything else.   

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
Sergio likes this