Change log 7.7.0

bamf

9 minutes ago, Eldar said:

Why do I need a different job? I make plenty of money, own my own house and support me and my wife. I'm your average American and that is what it takes to survive in this day and age.

I would venture to say that the average American does not work 90 hours a week to support their family. That was the logic behind my comment.

Regardless, props for doing whatever you have to do to support your family. Not going to knock you for that!

Monster likes this
Just now, Budbringer said:

You can make plenty of money without working 13 hours 7 days per week. What is it you work as since you work that many hours?

Then you are doing something wrong. You spend 30 seconds at the meth lab and then you are out of there. Easiest way to make money in the game

I work two jobs, one of which is remote desktop assistance and I'm also a Front Desk Manager at a well established hotel. I live in California which if you've any idea of how this state is it's terribly expensive to live above the poverty line. Paying for a mortgage, and 2 car payments per month is not EZ PZ. I really don't like the idea of my spouse taking on work either if it can be avoided. I'm looking into moving east somewhere so I don't get raped so hard.

Kettles likes this
1 hour ago, Frizzy said:

Make drug runner in cars too and have an increased price for drug running for cars since it will have more "interaction". PROBLEMO SOLVED.

Please stop saying that you did not nerf this it is plain to see that you guys did. Just like every other money making that is "good". 

You choose to listen to the community and then take steps back and change other things. You change the price of AK's with VERY little feedback from the community, but you wont listen to this poll? Please if you want your player base to make money you need to make it more worth our time. 

201508_2302_hcebe.jpg

Nah dude let's take steps back instead of taking steps forward when it comes to money making it feels like the decks are working against us at this point bro back to 3 hour Meth runs

ChicoXL and Frizzy like this
8 minutes ago, House. said:

In all honesty I haven't seen paratus respond to one fucking person I feel he wants these changes for the community but also hasn't logged in in months

I completely agree, out of touch with the community. Asylum REALLY needs a dedicated Public Relations part of the administrative team. I see their motto is to keep it small, but admins volunteer. I used to be the highest admin rank you could get to on a SAMP RP server (largest English speaking 700+ users per day, team of 90+ admins.) and we HAD to have a dedicated PR team to communicate effectively with the players and staff otherwise you run into situations like this where "Staff: We are right, fuck you. Players: We don't think so." leads to a perpetual state of back and fourth non-sense until an inevitable collapse. Easy to do, people will volunteer to do it and it would strengthen the community.

Edit: Let's take a real world example here, well known and long established Arma community "ADK" is dying right now kicking and screaming for this EXACT reason.

PR admins host community meetings, events, dev discussions and creating more effective player input options. @Paratus @bamf

I'll go ahead and wait for the carefully explained reason why this cannot be done....

Edited by Eldar
babyfacekillah and .Sean like this

https://gyazo.com/2e33318410ba34d70f28c825f150f89f has had an account since october 2013. and has that little content post. I thank @bamf and @Gnashes for their overwhelming participation in the community, Not just saying heres a nerf, Fuck you. Buff other things if your gonna ravage drug running like that. I dont wanna go back to Running my scotch in 2 hours then running meth the rest of the time

https://gyazo.com/2e33318410ba34d70f28c825f150f89f has had an account since october 2013. and has that little content post. I thank @bamf and @Gnashes for their overwhelming participation in the community, Not just saying heres a nerf, Fuck you. Buff other things if your gonna ravage drug running like that. I dont wanna go back to Running my scotch in 2 hours then running meth the rest of the time

9 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Thats the job of @Volunteer281 and @Olio

;)

I can't say this without being slightly offensive but it is criticism. They are not doing a very good job of it, or simply the system they are using to conduct PR needs to be overhauled and better designed to fit a community of this size. A vast majority of the backlash towards the dev team could be negated by a more structured PR team. I get there are a lot of immature individuals here whom would rather troll with no viable argument or suggestion. There are those like me however whom like to ask hard questions in effort to improve it for all of the above dealing with variables X Y and Z

Edited by Eldar
Grammar errors.
59 minutes ago, Eldar said:

Thoughts on Drug Runner @bamf

I think when this was discussed you fellas severely underestimated the risk that is already present, and the statistical data that was analyzed is flawed. While YES Drug Runs were completed you are not accounting for the very common scenario in which the pilot does not receive his run due to robbery/vehicular crash. APD is not the primary risk factor, you are correct. Drug Runner was one of the only activities that did not cater to large groups (As 90% of the ground games do.) I'm going to throw a guestimate out here and say around 40% of the time the pilots do not receive the money from the run due to aforementioned reasons based on my own experience. You are right in the fact that a plain clothes newbie can jump right into the plane, but you neglect to take into account a plain clothes newbie with a rook can sit right outside of the zone and come up on the previous payout of 37k EASIER than doing the run. Did it have enough risk? Oh hell yea. The friendly stage of Drug Runner was ending and it was becoming more volatile, you did not let it play out long enough to see the effects and many many variables and dynamics associated with the Drug Runner. It did not get to run it's course before the nerf hammer was swung. Players are not extremely upset because of the money reduction, I'd be willing to say that it was a great way to make money that was also FUN. You have completely sucked the fun out of drug runner and it now a run of the mill grind rather than a cool unique experience.

Awhile back I even complained that Drug Runner was Apex bias (It still is.) but shortly after I learned to camp the runner until I bought Apex and I made a fair amount from doing that, you provided a way for two different play styles to co-exist in a risky yet still entertaining manner, while also bridging the DLC gap.

We want people to go back to ground being the primary means of money making, great? Not so much, why isn't ground fun? It's incredibly time consuming and for working class people it's a really kick in the head when you spend an hour doing a meth run for a gang of 20+ to fuck you up "Because they can and also ""EZ PZ GIT GUD KID."" That's severely disheartening. Some of my best times in Asylum thus far has been getting a drug runner mission, putting on some Van Halen "Jump" and enjoying the view as I try to make money, it was a perfect fun activity that didn't demand ABSOLUTE robot style attention span. There is a big misconception (I assume from how life in general USED to be.) that somehow, with this money cap removal the server population is going to self destruct in no-time because of the Drug Runner, that's a broad assumption from the staff team.

There was PLENTY of risk, I lost money more often than I deposited it. But because of the ease of use I didn't want to just quit the game because so much time was wasted and feel like shit at the end because no matter how hard I tried and how good I am I couldn't best a group of 5. I tried everything in the books to do meth, even the "Grab an offroad" method you mentioned and it does not work. When I got into Karnage I was able to do ground drug runs with the support of multiple people. Who are we trying to kid exactly? New players are MUCH better off with the old drug runner when they have no-one to play with or turn to then trying to farm for hours only to be rekt.

The end all goal of this community is to provide a fun atmosphere along with fun activities everyone can enjoy, why does it have to be such a slug fest of "IT NEEDS TO BE DARK SOULS 2 HARD OR ITS NERFED". What exactly is wrong with people having fun, making money and kitting up to go do what they wanted to do from the start? Gang wars..etc. With the old drug runner given enough time, more people would reach the cap faster and you would have more cartel wars from gangs more banks/feds giving the APD something to do besides sit in Kavala Square all day. It's a win-win for just about everyone as it would allow for people to be less frugal all the damn time.

Why don't we take this back to the drawing board of the very very limited staff team, host a community meeting and get some serious input. Rather than the Illuminati type decision making that seems to be going on here by the staff. Very few people were in support of a nerf as evident by forum posts. Let's not let 13 people decide on how the other 300+ community members should feel about the runner.

-Sincerely,

Eldar, a 24 year old 90 hour work week community member.

@bamf @Paratus this is the same guy that complained bout it and now he changed his mind since u nerfed the heck out of it. doesn't that say something bout ur nerf?

@speed I understand what u meant but it still is rude to tell someone get a different job and tell another to play somewhere else.. even tho ur acting like the avg asylum player but ur also supposed to be a example for asylum players maybe take some lessens from @bamf never seen him talk to someone like that. maybe ur hanging out with gnashes to much.

Furnie Mack, Roice and Phil. like this
10 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

@speed I understand what u meant but it still is rude to tell someone get a different job and tell another to play somewhere else.. even tho ur acting like the avg asylum player but ur also supposed to be a example for asylum players maybe take some lessens from @bamf never seen him talk to someone like that. maybe ur hanging out with gnashes to much.

I didn't get the impression speed meant that in a condescending way more of a "Why the hell would you want to do that". Hard to interpret tone over writing.

Edited by Eldar
speed likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Meth is in the ideal for "amount of money made for time spent" from a developer standpoint. Don't ever expect to see anything get buffed beyond that.

As a result; the solution is to bring Drug Runners down to an acceptable level; not buff everything else.

(That poll also contains votes from less than 5% of our daily UU's; so it's the vocal minority)

As have I. And I spent entirely too much time making it happen. But it looks beautiful when a grenade explosion touches off a vest.

"Vocal minority" would you not consider that then the majority actually interested in feedback? Willing to say the casual user only made a forum account for a gang app or the APD.

Your "Unique Users" that are not well embedded into the fiber of community feedback and simply play to play should be deemed as the minority when taking into account community polls. Seems like a skewed viewpoint to me.

Haych and Furnie Mack like this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Meth is in the ideal for "amount of money made for time spent" from a developer standpoint. Don't ever expect to see anything get buffed beyond that.

As a result; the solution is to bring Drug Runners down to an acceptable level; not buff everything else.

(That poll also contains votes from less than 5% of our daily UU's; so it's the vocal minority)

As have I. And I spent entirely too much time making it happen. But it looks beautiful when a grenade explosion touches off a vest.

2500 views on the poll nearly 200 responses and you actually have the nerve to be like oh that's 5% of the active player base, how about the amount of people who have viewed it and the overwhelming response from well known players in the community giving you guys ideas on buffs and nerfs to not only help the vet players but the little guys as well, I've always respected you gnashes but that's a little ridiculous

Eldar likes this
Just now, House. said:

2500 views on the poll nearly 200 responses and you actually have the nerve to be like oh that's 5% of the active player base, how about the amount of people who have viewed it and the overwhelming response from well known players in the community giving you guys ideas on buffs and nerfs to not only help the vet players but the little guys as well, I've always respected you gnashes but that's a little ridiculous

I'm starting to think the overall issue here is the staff team does not want to have a bit of accountability and say "Okay maybe we were wrong." Too much ego had and respect demanded rather than earned. I completely agree with your post.

10 minutes ago, House. said:

2500 views on the poll nearly 200 responses and you actually have the nerve to be like oh that's 5% 

That is 5-10% of the unique players connecting to the server every day.

1 minute ago, House. said:

You need to read it again then and read over the feedback again then.

It says, Leave drug runner and buff other money making methods, which basically means buff everything :P

Just now, Budbringer said:

That is 5-10% of the unique players connecting to the server every day.

It says, Leave drug runner and buff other money making methods, which basically means buff everything :P

Did i say a ridiculous buff? No at the time the meta was drug runner? If buffing other things to be making you around the same amount drug runner did in the time that would be fine. Look at the people who voted they all for the most part we tried helping to come up with ideas on what to nerf what to buff, I tried making a poll that the community that wants change can participate in. I even tried doing runs of each activity in the fucking game and rl problems surfaced and couldnt finish it and concluded it's not my job you can ask @bamf I PMed him about it I still wanna get that chart done it's just I've played recently to play to my liking and can finish it soon. The community answered to that poll. the community feedback matters when it comes to moneymaking because the admins are permitted to have as much money as they want us normal players? We just grind scotch and meth or crafting all day and that's no fun after a while...

1 hour ago, Eldar said:

Thoughts on Drug Runner @bamf  (I know it's long, but please just read.)

I think when this was discussed you fellas severely underestimated the risk that is already present, and the statistical data that was analyzed is flawed. While YES Drug Runs were completed you are not accounting for the very common scenario in which the pilot does not receive his run due to robbery/vehicular crash. APD is not the primary risk factor, you are correct. Drug Runner was one of the only activities that did not cater to large groups (As 90% of the ground games do.) I'm going to throw a guestimate out here and say around 40% of the time the pilots do not receive the money from the run due to aforementioned reasons based on my own experience. You are right in the fact that a plain clothes newbie can jump right into the plane, but you neglect to take into account a plain clothes newbie with a rook can sit right outside of the zone and come up on the previous payout of 37k EASIER than doing the run. Did it have enough risk? Oh hell yea. The friendly stage of Drug Runner was ending and it was becoming more volatile, you did not let it play out long enough to see the effects and many many variables and dynamics associated with the Drug Runner. It did not get to run it's course before the nerf hammer was swung. Players are not extremely upset because of the money reduction, I'd be willing to say that it was a great way to make money that was also FUN. You have completely sucked the fun out of drug runner and it now a run of the mill grind rather than a cool unique experience.

Awhile back I even complained that Drug Runner was Apex bias (It still is.) but shortly after I learned to camp the runner until I bought Apex and I made a fair amount from doing that, you provided a way for two different play styles to co-exist in a risky yet still entertaining manner, while also bridging the DLC gap.

We want people to go back to ground being the primary means of money making, great? Not so much, why isn't ground fun? It's incredibly time consuming and for working class people it's a really kick in the head when you spend an hour doing a meth run for a gang of 20+ to fuck you up "Because they can and also ""EZ PZ GIT GUD KID."" That's severely disheartening. Some of my best times in Asylum thus far has been getting a drug runner mission, putting on some Van Halen "Jump" and enjoying the view as I try to make money, it was a perfect fun activity that didn't demand ABSOLUTE robot style attention span. There is a big misconception (I assume from how life in general USED to be.) that somehow, with this money cap removal the server population is going to self destruct in no-time because of the Drug Runner, that's a broad assumption from the staff team.

There was PLENTY of risk, I lost money more often than I deposited it. But because of the ease of use I didn't want to just quit the game because so much time was wasted and feel like shit at the end because no matter how hard I tried and how good I am I couldn't best a group of 5. I tried everything in the books to do meth, even the "Grab an offroad" method you mentioned and it does not work. When I got into Karnage I was able to do ground drug runs with the support of multiple people. Who are we trying to kid exactly? New players are MUCH better off with the old drug runner when they have no-one to play with or turn to then trying to farm for hours only to be rekt.

The end all goal of this community is to provide a fun atmosphere along with fun activities everyone can enjoy, why does it have to be such a slug fest of "IT NEEDS TO BE DARK SOULS 2 HARD OR ITS NERFED". What exactly is wrong with people having fun, making money and kitting up to go do what they wanted to do from the start? Gang wars..etc. With the old drug runner given enough time, more people would reach the cap faster and you would have more cartel wars from gangs more banks/feds giving the APD something to do besides sit in Kavala Square all day. It's a win-win for just about everyone as it would allow for people to be less frugal all the damn time.

Why don't we take this back to the drawing board of the very very limited staff team, host a community meeting and get some serious input. Rather than the Illuminati type decision making that seems to be going on here by the staff. Very few people were in support of a nerf as evident by forum posts. Let's not let 13 people decide on how the other 300+ community members should feel about the runner.

-Sincerely,

Eldar, a 24 year old 90 hour work week community member.

+1

Also do you play WH40k? Your name is Eldar and its bothering me.

15 hours ago, BrutaL said:

if you get clear runway it's fine but if there's a plane or two taking off or landing it makes it 50/50

you can attempt to land but the other players can easily crash into you and if you try abort to come around youll fail the mission so it feels like it's dicing with death hoping another player avoids take off etc

AND this is the only money making in the game where it ACTUALLY costs you money if you fail/die/blow up 

if you get clear runway it's fine but if there's a plane or two taking off or landing it makes it 50/50

you can attempt to land but the other players can easily crash into you and if you try abort to come around youll fail the mission so it feels like it's dicing with death hoping another player avoids take off etc

AND this is the only money making in the game where it ACTUALLY costs you money if you fail/die/blow up 

you don't actually lose anything though unless so and so situation occurs, you can die 3 times during a meth run and lose nothing             

well who said your vehicle will be chopped/seized? who said you won't  be ressed

like i said it's a so and so situation

you are missing my point entirely 

if a meth run goes bad i can place my mats in my house for another time

theres so many variables

nope, it's all this could happen or this could, you can fail  a meth run and loose absouletly nothing

but you can't fail a drug running mission without losing 15k

and this is  a game, drug running is actually fun and enjoyable to do

but that is precisely what i said and you are ignoring it

you don't lose 15k from your bank account for failing  a meth run. you can do a meth run and lose nothing and that is  a fact. 

everthing you are saying is just variables that may not apply

like i said, you don't lose money from your bank account for failing a meth run.

you can post memes as a way to try and correct your losing argument all you want

again missing the point

as i said it is just variables.. you can fail a meth run and lose nothing 

there is no guarantee your vehicle will seized or chopped.. etc etc

but it's fine, to make the big bucks we have to do the drugs, i get it

i don't make money anyway so doesn't affect me 

my fucking point was it doesn't cost you money in GAME

read the fucking original quote

but my fucking point was it doesn't take it out of your  fucking bank account 

geez you lose money just staying alive buying food 

but yea you are all right

losing an sdar and nv goggles is a horrible loss

14 hours ago, BrutaL said:

yep you're right

you lose money every single time you fail doing meth

the nv goggles adds up

i am sorry for even doubting

14 hours ago, BrutaL said:

my point was simple really and since we are talking variables

you can use a vehicle you bought 6 months ago and die 20 times doing 5 meth runs and lose  nothing worthwhile except maybe a few  nv goggle and complete it all

but you can't fail  a drug running mission without losing anything

simple

end of

and that was my fucking point. it didn't need  anything added to it. it was a basis and it is true

and in edit, i have no problem with it, i was literally just stating a point.. i would like drug running to be a bit more beneficial but hey ho

51 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Inb4 Rebels start calling you a crybaby. 

Face it both sides cry, but seriously guys think about it.

This is what we call balance my friends, the drug runner system was no power creep, it was a power "here's johnny". Instead of running around in circles collecting resources driving around and sitting in an illegal area then going to another illegal area. You are Starting in a red zone> holding q> landing> talking to a guy in an illegal area>holding q> then landing again. The landing does require skill and good conditions but that is the price you pay for something you do considering the time spent in the air (90% of the job) you are for the most part, invulnerable.

You got used to really good money and now you make what you made before. Everybody understands that, but it was adjusted to make other money making relevant again. 

Volunteer281 likes this
3 hours ago, Eldar said:

I completely agree, out of touch with the community. Asylum REALLY needs a dedicated Public Relations part of the administrative team. I see their motto is to keep it small, but admins volunteer. I used to be the highest admin rank you could get to on a SAMP RP server (largest English speaking 700+ users per day, team of 90+ admins.) and we HAD to have a dedicated PR team to communicate effectively with the players and staff otherwise you run into situations like this where "Staff: We are right, fuck you. Players: We don't think so." leads to a perpetual state of back and fourth non-sense until an inevitable collapse. Easy to do, people will volunteer to do it and it would strengthen the community.

Edit: Let's take a real world example here, well known and long established Arma community "ADK" is dying right now kicking and screaming for this EXACT reason.

PR admins host community meetings, events, dev discussions and creating more effective player input options. @Paratus @bamf

I'll go ahead and wait for the carefully explained reason why this cannot be done....

Eldar I agree that we could take some time to do some community meetings. Admins hold events, but unfortunately due to server stability issues that are being being monitored and fixed as issues are located is extremely hard to do so. We used to do quite a bit, now when they are done, we get complaints due to adverse effects they can cause the player base (IE: extreme lag and server crash causing players to lose what they were working on and rollbacks).. As for the dev side of the server, we as admins and even us as CM's get very little notice as to what is rolling out or what is in the developmental road map, a good chunk of the time we find out when the day and a few hours before patch notes are pushed. That is completely out of our hands. Paratus has a lot on his plate which leaves the availability of him is extremely slim, even for us as staff. The Admin team literally has an EXTREMELY small part in the development side. As of late we have had numerous people from the community who talk with Bamf about ideas and suggestions that Bamf has added to the game. The Dev team takes suggestions from the community and decides to see if it something that would work with what Paratus envisions. As for creating more effective player input we have a suggestion thread that our Devs review, and they also look at the patch notes for feedback. Suggestions that are not placed in those are also PM'd to the Devs and Admin team and are passed a long, so we have a very vast amount of ways to get your idea out there. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have further questions or ideas.

Dredge and The Monopoly Man like this
6 hours ago, bamf said:

You have to start in an ideal environment and work from there.  The fact that under the old timers I was able to make the flights with 50-60% of the time left means it was WAY too easy.  

The average cost per run is skewed for two reasons:  

1. The missions are no longer linear like they were before.  You'd have a single roll happen, and then you would fly X distance two times.  Now you go A->B->C which changes the perceived payout for the missions.  Again, this is a buff to the players doing these missions.  The people camping have to decide whether they are going to kill people or not when they land as opposed to watching you take off and knowing that you'll bring them free money back in 10 minutes or so.  
  2. The payout was not indeed cut in half.  It's plain enough to see, but the payout was reduced by 30%.  Paratus and myself do not want the main source of income to be something that happens in the air on a life server.  You should have to at least have the potential to interact with other players more than twice during a run.  Driving from A->B will always be more desirable than flying from A->B since it increases your chance of having interaction with other players on the server.   

We are constantly looking at the timers to see where the sweet spot is.  Did we go a touch too far this time?  Maybe so.  But I would not expect it to be increased back much.  Again, these are the best payout in the game on a dollar/minute average.  The goal is to make them closer to meth, but they are still 10-15% higher than doing meth in say a box truck.  That being said, you can absolutely make money faster doing meth if you do that activity smartly.  The same can be said for scotch as well - albeit that has a sense of delayed gratification since the payout can not be obtained immediately.  

The bottom line is that the drug runner missions are fast AND easy money.  Sure you're going to get camped at times, but anyone in starter clothes can run them and make money.

What if you bump meth prices a bit more so that its worth the risk even for newer players and bump drug running atleast by like 4k more per run.

45 minutes ago, bamf said:

Off topic a touch, but how has S1 been running today?  What about S3 (I know it went down for a touch, but how was performance on S3)?

S1 has crashed at least 10 times today. Not total crashes but massive lag for 2-3 minutes kicking half the server. 100 percent not ddos, sidechat functions, my ping is normal. and it never actually goes fully down. It is 100 percent a hardware issue, if its not ill eat my own fecal matter on stream.

Edited by TheRealLethal