bamf

Change log 8.0.8

Just now, Lucien said:

wait for the server to lag enough medics will be wearing aaf gear, cops wearing nato, civs being clones - go store that shit in a car :frog:

We yain't got persistent inv's either so if we log back in we'll be baldies again if a cop buddy donates a fine hat. :FeelsBadMan:

Just now, Rhodesian Ronald said:

We yain't got persistent inv's either so if we log back in we'll be baldies again if a cop buddy donates a fine hat. :FeelsBadMan:

You can actually customize your character before ever logging in from the arma launch screen ((Top right corner)) and it will spawn you in with that hat/glasses

Silver-Spy likes this

8 hours ago, bamf said:

I'll see if we can nail this down over the weekend.  Something about how we "optimized" this script is causing it, even though it's done in a manner consistent with newer Altis Life frameworks...  

Sounds like the code for vehicles from strife.

Just now, DankBud said:

Since the last patch With S4 its been more laggy an crashing more often....

All that changed in the last patch was this:

0be1942eb4f4f325f3c46ec505b23e88.png

Just now, Gnashes said:

All that changed in the last patch was this:

0be1942eb4f4f325f3c46ec505b23e88.png

It was alot better as far as the battle eye kicks go and yellow/red chains,since the performance updates..all around imo been alot smoother play compared to months back where it was just nothing but BE kicks an no message received crashes...Just now crashed again 2 BE kicks with about 20-30 mins..That has not happen in a bit since we been back on 4...Im not sure if it is patch related or not since it was mainly prison stuffs,but since that one ive noticed it being more laggy,an crashing more often is all....

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

If everything is a Bohemia bug, then ask for your money back on the servers.

Joe (StealthProxy) and Kettles like this

Just now, Grizz said:

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

Is it not true that the server performance has changed dramatically since the new developer was brought on? I'm sure it will continue to improve from here on out as long as he keeps making performance optimizations.

Kev 23 likes this

Just now, Steve said:

Is it not true that the server performance has changed dramatically since the new developer was brought on? I'm sure it will continue to improve from here on out as long as he keeps making performance optimizations.

It's very true, but over the past 4 days, the server performance has plummeted yet again, they remove one of the best stability servers & yet still keep the WORST stability server in place.  

Just now, Grizz said:

It's very true, but over the past 4 days, the server performance has plummeted yet again, they remove one of the best stability servers & yet still keep the WORST stability server in place.  

I don't think any server should be singled out and removed. I'd rather see them all capped to 80. It would spread people out much more effectively.

Edited by Steve

Just now, Steve said:

I don't think any server should be singled out and removed. I'd rather see them all capped to 80. It would spread people out much more effectively.

Its been said countless times to bamf & gnashes..and this is all that happens.

Image result for in one ear out the other gif

Just now, Grizz said:

Its been said countless times to bamf & gnashes..and this is all that happens.

Image result for in one ear out the other gif

Somethings I think we just gotta make due with. Believe me I am the first person to round people up and get them pissed off about something to get a change. Though this is one thing I think will never change even if we had 98 percent of the community backing it.

Just now, Grizz said:

Read what you just said. Your complaining about 4 fucking days of shit when the servers have been pretty stable since they done the optimizations compared to what they where like and the fact they took down server 3 themselves to do something, a server which is offline half the time anyway. Calm your tits.

9 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Heres an idea, fuck off?  If you dont like it dont let the door hit you on the way out.

HomeTrlx, Samperino and Scott like this

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

The server performance issues only started AFTER 8.0.0

Yeah, no they didn't.

I mean the severe issues only recently started.

Yeah, no they didn't.

Me being a player since way long ago yellow and red chain has always been a thing sure maybe it's gotten worse over time but server issues have always been a  battle the community has been fighting and I'd say the admins are always trying there best to fix these issues and continue to still provide some kind of content.

Edited by Yung Spacegod.

3 hours ago, Steve said:

That mentality right there is the reason Asylum has it's shortcomings.

That mentality?  You're right the mentality of "just shut everything down" is much better.  The short comings my friend come from cry babies like that sorry.

Just now, HotWings said:

That mentality?  You're right the mentality of "just shut everything down" is much better.  The short comings my friend come from cry babies like that sorry.

People want change or visual progress for that matter.

Trying to find and fix the bug regarding vehicle unlocks from a garage, so S2 and S3 will be up a touch late today.  Hopefully I can find and fix this quickly...

Edit: It's taking me a touch longer than I thought it would, so I'm bringing the servers up.  I'll patch once I have the fix tested.  

Steve and BlackShot like this

14 hours ago, Grizz said:

Now thats just rude

Space likes this

Honestly I can’t blame the devs for anything now. All I ever wanted was for them to revert cartels, and they have, so now they can honestly say they’re trying to please the community, and now I can finally sleep at night. Amen

Have you guys pondered the idea of dropping server cap down to 80 to see if that helps with consistency?  S1 has been hitting 100 easy in the evenings/nights EST,  but the other servers still max around 60-65.   

Oh I've suggested it a dozen times the odds of that are slim. It would help with overall server performance as well. The cops might branch out from s1 as well, unless Clint is on.

xd

Just now, Steve said:

Oh I've suggested it a dozen times the odds of that are slim. It would help with overall server performance as well. The cops might branch out from s1 as well, unless Clint is on.

xd

I would play cop on other servers, but since day 1, I've been an S1 main.  But if the pop cap was dropped, I'd be more than happy to play other servers to even shit out...