bamf

Change log 8.0.8

On 1/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, bamf said:

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

Personally, I think having oil cartel on an oil rig in the ocean is a shitty idea, but from the thread it also sounds like a few people do like it. If you decide that you'd be okay with implementing it, maybe you should run a poll to see if the majority community really wants it in the game or not? Sounds like a good way to make sure you don't waste time adding something that people don't actually want.

Steve, Jake, Innate and 2 others like this

Just wondering, any idea when the cartels will generate money again? It feels like if you own the cartel during the week you won’t make any money. I’d much rather have to go collect it at 100k and defend it then get 1k an hour when no one plays.

Just now, Shepurd said:

Personally, I think having oil cartel on an oil rig in the ocean is a shitty idea

Hmm - I hear that a lot. What makes having the oil cartel in the water on an actual oil rig, or spread across multiple oil rigs, a shitty idea in your opinion? "Just because" is a valid reason. Only curious.

I personally am one of the people who would really enjoy seeing the oil cartel in the water, but I just want to see more water based activities to begin with.

Just now, toxicsolutions said:

Just wondering, any idea when the cartels will generate money again? It feels like if you own the cartel during the week you won’t make any money. I’d much rather have to go collect it at 100k and defend it then get 1k an hour when no one plays.

We merely gave the masses what they wanted. Haven't heard any complaints yet.

Just now, Samperino said:

Hmm - I hear that a lot. What makes having the oil cartel in the water on an actual oil rig, or spread across multiple oil rigs, a shitty idea in your opinion? "Just because" is a valid reason. Only curious.

I personally am one of the people who would really enjoy seeing the oil cartel in the water, but I just want to see more water based activities to begin with.

Ladders

HotWings likes this

I think they said they reduced how much was generated

it now solely relies on people buying weapons for arms etc

Because we had it before... literally the only people who would go there were kavala gangs. That's it. No one wants oil cartel, no one needs it, no one cares. Unless you are making a batch of ifrits to go fight real cartels. It's too aids to drop all your shit in a house buy an SDAR and wetsuit and rebreather and goggles to go sit at some dumb underwater cartel no one is going to come to and if they do it's basically the same as playing airsoft because the SDAR is useless. Just... no thanks. And even if it were on an Oil rig that would single handedly be the hardest cartel to push. Only way is by boat or heli... and both ways you're not gonna have a fun time.

Edited by Tyler

Just now, Tyler said:

Because we had it before... literally the only people who would go there were kavala gangs. That's it. No one wants oil cartel, no one needs it, no one cares. Unless you are making a batch of ifrits to go fight real cartels. It's too aids to drop all your shit in a house buy an SDAR and wetsuit and rebreather and goggles to go sit at some dumb underwater cartel no one is going to come to and if they do it's basically the same as playing airsoft because the SDAR is useless. Just... no thanks. And even if it were on an Oil rig that would single handedly be the hardest cartel to push. Only way is by boat or heli... and both ways you're not gonna have a fun time.

I actually have a decent oil rig that is decently even to attack/defend. 

cHIP oTLE likes this

Not trying to be rude or confront you, but just how long have you been a part of asylum? because if you've been around pre 7.0 then you would already know the reason for why it isn't a good idea.

Edited by Jamal
BioHazard likes this

Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I personally believe that with the current and post meta for rebels, there will be little to no incentive to go and fight an oil cartel. Not only because there is only rubber in it, but also because it would require the whole entire rebel community to create new callouts and new strategy's. All of the old cartel callout creators/well known rebels have left the servers and so that is why we are stuck in this old meta mindset and why we are not fighting new cartels.

Just now, DosWolf said:

@bamf Why are all the illegal drug areas on one side of the map on S1? 

Because they're each randomly in one of two places.

This is how random works. For more information, visit a dictionary or your local statistics class.

Just now, Gnashes said:

This is how random works. For more information, visit a dictionary or your local statistics class.

First time I have seen it in one place for a few restarts and yeah if we want to be obvious random is random lmao. I just thought it was a flaw in coding since you know atleast two things break after you fix one.

Edited by DosWolf

Just now, DosWolf said:

First time I have seen it in one place for a few restarts and yeah if we want to be obvious random is random lmao. I just thought it was a flaw in coding since you know atleast two things break after you fix one.

Wow, now you're kicking me in the nuts?  Damn son...

DosWolf likes this

Just now, bamf said:

Wow, now you're kicking me in the nuts?  Damn son...

No I am just being a smartass because this is what everyone else complains about otherwise we are running stable af. Besides the Mission over shit that just happened but I think that is scripters or some other shit.

Edited by DosWolf
bamf and Space like this

Heroin should not move tbh Sofia is like dead

+1 or at least get people to go towards sofia - i go up there to make vermins and I can confidently pull a hemmit because no one goes up there

DosWolf likes this

Just now, Lucien said:

+1 or at least get people to go towards sofia - i go up there to make vermins and I can confidently pull a hemmit because no one goes up there

Yeaaaaa i often do crank up there I put an rv in the back of a hemmt thats filled with the suupplies

Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Trust me... rebels will find a way to make it as unfair as possible... it's just the rebel way.

You should add a commodies trader in sofia... also can we add back old bank location, and old cartel, I like more that you get more money and have to get it since it gives you a risk, if people that say its to counter roaching, consider it a second  cartel, You defend, then you attack

G.O.A.T and cHIP oTLE like this

2 hours ago, Samperino said:

Main reason why, is because its a pain in the ass to buy scuba gear, get an SDAR, either drive a boat for 10 minutes out to where the cartel is or have a friend fly you over in a helicopter, swim all the way down to the bottom of the ocean to sit inside the dirt(you could literally glitch and hide inside debris down there) all for some shitty rubber that barely anyone actually uses. too much work for the shittiest cartel.

On top of that, if I own the cartel and im in full rebel gear doing whatever, and some retard goes out there and starts capping, it's going to take me literally like 15 minutes to put all my gear away, get diving shit, get an sdar, drive a boat out to the middle of nowhere, and go looking around for this retard who is more than likely hiding inside something anyways. Again, takes too much time for the worst cartel because by the time I get there he has already capped it.

Having it on an oil rig obviously wouldn't be as bad as having it at the bottom of the ocean. But it still has problems like the fact that you either need a boat or helicopter to get there. If you're in a boat I'll hear you coming and good luck making it to the rig before I kill you. If its gang v gang, the gang capping can literally just have people watching all the spots a helicopter could land making it basically impossible to get out anywhere because you'll just get mowed down instantly.

Oil cartel is already the least used cartel, and making this change would just make it a million times worse. No one wanted to cap it back then, and no one will want to cap it now if it gets put back out there.

Azeh, Walt, Innate and 1 other like this

Unless oil cartel is put on OG its never going to be fought. The reward is terrible and the current/suggested cartel locations are bad.

Edited by tryhardsqueaker

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

You're a special kind of asshole... I dig it.  Keep up the good work!!

@bamf You should just think about using a newer version of life it's self... updating an outdated mission file is going to be alot more work than working on a newer version. It would be a massive change for the server and I get all the negative impacts it could have, but it would make updating things alot simpler. You could still customise a newer version to remove some features or revert them back to the version we are on now, but the core file will help with stability and future updates...

DosWolf likes this

Just now, ackford1922 said:

@bamf You should just think about using a newer version of life it's self... updating an outdated mission file is going to be alot more work than working on a newer version. It would be a massive change for the server and I get all the negative impacts it could have, but it would make updating things alot simpler. You could still customise a newer version to remove some features or revert them back to the version we are on now, but the core file will help with stability and future updates...

We have no intention of trying to modify the new framework to have all of our features.

You're talking a month (minimum) of full time work for someone, which we don't have.

Just now, Gnashes said:

We have no intention of trying to modify the new framework to have all of our features.

You're talking a month (minimum) of full time work for someone, which we don't have.

Isnt that what you got the new dev for?

DosWolf likes this

Just now, Fudger said:

Isnt that what you got the new dev for?

We don't have a new dev. We paid someone to come in and help for 1 week. That was all.

Just now, Gnashes said:

We don't have a new dev. We paid someone to come in and help for 1 week. That was all.

I imagine he didn't have enough time to entirely optimize the mission file. Is it possible that if donations are high enough that he could be brought on to finish up?

Just now, Gnashes said:

Servers still arent fully optimized tho. If it only took that long to modify around 300-400 scripts u guys could prob do it to u dont need a new dev..

Just now, Fudger said:

Servers still arent fully optimized tho. If it only took that long to modify around 300-400 scripts u guys could prob do it to u dont need a new dev..

Having an executable to do 90% of that changing for you really helps on the 3-400 files bit

On 1/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, Sean That Irish Guy said:

This has been happening a lot lately when you die in a vehicle. When it pops you out theres a chance your body will be practically in the map hanging on by your head.

1a95495f5056f3e7904bdc28a7aa70c2.jpg

To top up on Sean, Only medics can revive people who are in this state.

Sean That Irish Guy likes this