Change Log 7.5.0

Paratus

1 hour ago, Mahdizzle said:

@speed @Paratus what ever you did fixed it, i can now look at cars,walls well basically anything with 60 fps :') i have never been so happy in my life 
:D

I take that back, server are still shit....

Yeah desync was really bad today and server 4 just went bye bye. I still have the double items listed in scroll wheel menu but I guess that will be fixed Soontm  

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Paratus said:

Any idea how to replicate the double scroll bug? I can't make it happen myself and hadn't heard it happening since the fix Friday.

No idea. A lot of things cause this, there isn't a particular process, simply playing the game and scrolling makes it happen after a few minutes for me :( 

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Any idea how to replicate the double scroll bug? I can't make it happen myself and hadn't heard it happening since the fix Friday.

It is just random but I believe it happens when the server is slowing down (e.g. heavy desync or ddos). You might not see it on your test server if it's empty. I'll record it next time it happens and post the video here so you can inspect it.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
39 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Seems to just happen randomly, happened to me directly after I was downed. 

SWAT on P1 hasn't worked at all for me the past few days. On server restart it will work once, but never again after.

49 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Had it happen once after being revived (only time its ever happened, was Sunday). Disappeared after i let it fade tho.  

The kill feed (X has been killed by Y, Z has downed A, etc.) has disappeared from the chat window again in the left. As someone who can't run video recording on my game without it killing my fps, screenshots with the kill feed are one of the only ways I can get evidence to report people. Could we get the kill feed back?

2 hours ago, Fash said:

The kill feed (X has been killed by Y, Z has downed A, etc.) has disappeared from the chat window again in the left. As someone who can't run video recording on my game without it killing my fps, screenshots with the kill feed are one of the only ways I can get evidence to report people. Could we get the kill feed back?

Currently a bug. I saw it on s1. Very annoying. If you get killed by someone it will show their name but the only way to tell if you killed someone is by your bounty increasing. @bamf @Paratus

@bamf @Paratus currently OIL CARTEL on server 5 is in a great location but no body fights over it because there is nothing worth having it for. Doesn't generate money like the other cartels. Maybe if you Change the cartel to the (People's Cartel) it could speed up processing if you own the cartel or something along these lines. To make people actually go there to fight for it. 

3 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

@bamf @Paratus currently OIL CARTEL on server 5 is in a great location but no body fights over it because there is nothing worth having it for. Doesn't generate money like the other cartels. Maybe if you Change the cartel to the (People's Cartel) it could speed up processing if you own the cartel or something along these lines. To make people actually go there to fight for it. 

Could just have the cartel give a similar turf style bonus for increased rubber from processing oil aswell as the rubber it produces. Then it becomes slightly more appealing to take if your doing oil runs.
Current loss of rubber for not having the cartel when running oil is hardly worth going to cap it from what i see. 
Another idea could be to also have oil produced in the cartel box since most times its needed when you get your rubber :D  

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Could just have the cartel give a similar turf style bonus for increased rubber from processing oil aswell as the rubber it produces. Then it becomes slightly more appealing to take if your doing oil runs.
Current loss of rubber for not having the cartel when running oil is hardly worth going to cap it from what i see. 
Another idea could be to also have oil produced in the cartel box since most times its needed when you get your rubber :D  

Good idea. please add :)

On 7/28/2016 at 9:17 PM, Paratus said:

My god. People, understand this as I've explained it too many times: the headless client is new and nobody has done something so ambitious as our implementation. The first days we launched it, it went down quickly to attacks. It never lasted more than a few hours. Now, it's lasting about 10 or more THROUGH attacks. 

The solution isn't it abandon something we've seen increases performance in a huge way, it's to keep improving it until it's both as stable, or more, and faster than without.

You have never done this? Yet in 2014 you said you had this setup for Asylum?

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/56-headless-client-development/?do=findComment&comment=1214

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

You have never done this? Yet in 2014 you said you had this setup for Asylum?

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/56-headless-client-development/?do=findComment&comment=1214

If Im correct he had it set up on the server in 2014 but I think it got out dated or it wasn`t working as expected back then and he has got it working again which has made a huge improvement to the servers performance (If Im wrong then:shrug:)

Edited by Monkeysz