Change log 7.9.1

bamf

1 hour ago, Haych said:

Remove God mode from it so we have the ability to shoot it out then. All lights, including light posts that are added into all these locations shouldn't have god mode on them. Its annoying not being able to shoot lights out at Bank/Prison.

It could probably be blown up without being indestructible so I doubt they will do that.

8 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

make a skin for it... we have all these useless skins, this one will actually be useful.

and dont put it in a fcking crate.

If we make a skin, you can bet it's going to be in a crate.

7 hours ago, Nightfury said:

no what i ment was just remove the bugged clothing(current gov suit) , make a skin for the civ clothes just like the troll face skin etc. and just make the gov spawn with that.

Its not a in-game skin nor is it a skin they made, i cant find it ingame or in their mission file, its something else....

On 1/1/2017 at 8:51 PM, Gnashes said:

You federal reserve gate doesn't stay open when bolt-cutted unless the alarm is triggered. When you lockpick the gate it says "The gate is now unlocked" but remains locked. If you trigger the alarm by being spotted then lockpick the gate it will open.

Also holding the boltcutters at the gate shows two options, "Unlock Gate" and "Bolt-Cut Gate"

BlackShot likes this
On 1/5/2017 at 0:00 AM, Johnny said:

Can't do PBs on 5, instead it gives you the "Restoring power" feature
 @bamf

When we rolled out the new prison system, it was only 15-20 people playing on S5 most of the time - and lets face it no one was going to jail since it was just the Cocaine Production gang holding hands by the pit and processor.  If the population keeps up though, I'll put in the time to make the PBs work there again (assuming we can get some cops other than the admin team to play there).  

Johnny and bunni like this
17 minutes ago, bamf said:

When we rolled out the new prison system, it was only 15-20 people playing on S5 most of the time - and lets face it no one was going to jail since it was just the Cocaine Production gang holding hands by the pit and processor.  If the population keeps up though, I'll put in the time to make the PBs work there again (assuming we can get some cops other than the admin team to play there).  

make it a precinct :)

22 minutes ago, bamf said:

and lets face it no one was going to jail since it was just the Cocaine Production gang holding hands by the pit and processor.

Holy shit. Someone who actually realized something is broken. Now will we see a change? Because we've essentially recreated Stratis. 

5 minutes ago, william said:

make it a precinct :)

Maybe.  All the APD needs to do is make it so for that.  Everyone can use the precinct slots there, but if the APD wants it to be an actual precinct they can assign people to play there and make that happen - no development really needed...

Just now, Axe said:

Holy shit. Someone who actually realized something is broken. Now will we see a change? Because we've essentially recreated Stratis. 

We've known this for forever Axe.  The question has just been do we scrap it altogether, or try to find a way to make it more enticing to play there for everyone else.  It's the classic chicken and the egg here - do we spend time on a game mode people don't really play that much to try to get more people to play there, or do we want more people playing there to justify spending time on that game mode?

william and Sandwich like this
1 minute ago, Axe said:

What change do you want?

Cocaine has been nerfed.

People just aren't interested in opposing the cocaine runners.

Anytime you play cop on 5, you're going to get vested, murdered, stuck in the forest and attacked at every HQ. It gets unpleasant to play there after a while.

Kettles likes this
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Anytime you play cop on 5, you're going to get vested, murdered, stuck in the forest and attacked at every HQ. It gets unpleasant to play there after a while.

The last 2 days a group of 4-5 admins have had really decent success on S5 combating the cocaine runners.  

Just now, bamf said:

We've known this for forever Axe.  The question has just been do we scrap it altogether, or try to find a way to make it more enticing to play there for everyone else.  It's the classic chicken and the egg here - do we spend time on a game mode people don't really play that much to try to get more people to play there, or do we want more people playing there to justify spending time on that game mode?

I mean, look at it this way. Tanoa favors a much more Australia-like combat style. Its a lot more CQB, with a fuckload of added foilage. We saw that Aussie combat, was not fit for Asylum Community. The players from Altis that do play there, play there solely for the coke, or war rating. The simple question seems to be "If coke is fixed, will people still play it?" The answer to that question should really help you answer whether or not to spend time developing on it. 

Look at it this way: Its maybe full during peak hours on weekends. Christmas also just passed. So lets assume 15% of those players either move on from the game (which is likely, not many people sink 6k hrs into a game) or get banned. Assume another 20-30% stop playing when Coke is fixed. Maybe 10% of the remainder hop between servers. Now, you might have a half full server during peak hours. And if it isn't taking anymore than an hour to make the update specific for Tanoa, sure keep it. Unless of course the box/shell could be used for something else or to cut expenses. But if it's taking a ridiculous amount of time and harboring game breaking bugs/mechanics, then it should be scrapped. 

There will be a small portion that thrives on it, just like Stratis, but for the most part, it seems to be following in Stratis' footsteps

Just my 2 cents. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
40 minutes ago, Boris said:

The question more cops need to ask themselves on Tanoa is "can we reasonably be expected to capture live suspects, take them to an HQ, and process them without a guaranteed loss of detainee, life, or both?"

And then load lethals.

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

The question more cops need to ask themselves on Tanoa is "can we reasonably be expected to capture live suspects, take them to an HQ, and process them without a guaranteed loss of detainee, life, or both?"

And then load lethals.

I would totally love to load lethals. But then I have to deal with an entire gang of tanoa players harassing me later, texting me over and over non-stop, telling me I'm going to be reported, I misused lethals, frankly, I know that they are wrong. But I really don't want to deal with a bunch of kids spamming me with messages and threats of reports.

WolfLeader, BlackShot and Dredd like this
1 hour ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

But I really don't want to deal with a bunch of kids spamming me with messages and threats of reports.

You'd have a hard time being an admin. haha. 

You eventually learn to ignore the bullshit that gets messaged to you. If you know you're in the right, then who gives a shit what salty children say.

Just now, HapHazard said:

You'd have a hard time being an admin. haha. 

You eventually learn to ignore the bullshit that gets messaged to you. If you know you're in the right, then who gives a shit what salty children say.

Very true, that's why instead of trying to be an admin, I have chosen the life of a humble police officer. And to be fair, even when I stick to downing, the salty children find their way to me anyways. Despite my efforts of hiding in a corner, hoping that a pistol banger doesn't appear. I still have nightmares of my times in Kavala.

HapHazard and WolfLeader like this