Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Just now, Donald Trump said:

That's not at all what i'm trying to say. 

I'm just stating that there are some members of this community that are really sketchy and yet no action has been taken against them. for instance, pre-firing and winning 1vs7 

There is "cheating" and being a "sore loser". 

Pieter is just enthausiastic kid with alot of time on his hands, a good pc and plenty of cartel experience. There's not any reason why he wouldn't be good.

I found him shady as fuck ever since he just started playing if i were an admin i'd keep my eye on him. 

If you got shady evidence please do report but stop hackusations.. It's getting old.

Pieter likes this
8 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

That's not at all what i'm trying to say. 

I'm just stating that there are some members of this community that are really sketchy and yet no action has been taken against them. for instance, pre-firing and winning 1vs7 

Only 1v7? Fuckin noob. Also, who uses the term prefire in Arma, it was most likely desync, there's no telling w/ this game.

2 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

This right here is the fundamental disconnect man. It's not about some cyber bullying horseshit. It's about having a pleasant experience in a video game. 

People have thousands of options, why would they come to the one where they have to listen to prepubescent, virtual tough guys throwing their insults all over the place?

It's kind of like the reason dave and buster's does better than chuck-e-cheese. Because the ball pit at Dave and Buster's isn't full of little kid vomit.

Some people are too sensitive, some people need to learn some basic courtesy. If we can meet in the middle, our community will be better for it. 

Buck, you always compose such nice, relevant posts.

Honestly, if Harley got banned for cheating, then he probably cheated.  People underestimate how many people are willing to cheat.  Are Harley's friends going to defend him?  Absolutely.  Nobody wants to think that their buddies cheated.

But the biggest thing is the community is full of ass holes.  People are toxic as fuck.  It makes shit a lot less fun to fight and in general just takes the enjoyment out of stuff.  Nobody can go through a fight without making pointless personal attacks or hackusations.  I could honestly careless about a little shit talk or people calling me bad, I don't think I'm gods gift to Arma like some of the entitled people around here.  But I still don't see what me dying in a cartel fight occasionally has to do with me deserving to be a "piece of shit faggot demoted LT".

People seem really fond of being cunts.  I just want to fight each other and say gf once in a while.  Maybe a little bit of clever shit talk now and again.  But just saying "ur bad" is boring.  I like the funny, clever shit where everyone goes "oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Edited by Ranger

Really, I think everyone who has a ban for cheating deserved it.  I can't think of a case where it wasn't questionable.  In the competitive ( I'd say overly competitive imo ) environment of Asylum  some people take to hacking so they can maintain their egos and feel good about themselves.  Everyone gets called a hacker at some point, if you're not actually hacking then you have nothing to worry about.  If bans for hacking were being handed out left and right, then why did DF stay around for quite some time or even certain players who everyone was all but certain they were hacking.  To the point of lag switchers/group chatting, there's a lot of people overly paranoid about it and it's understandable, I've seen a lot of people use it and because of that people think almost everyone is doing it.

Try other Altis Life servers, you won't be given near the chance as you do on Asylum.  Some of the servers will ban you with no video evidence for stupid things because someone complained to an admin.  Trying out other Altis Life servers for fun, this was something that I noticed and was actually quite shocked.  Most players are given a fair chance on Asylum, there's been cases otherwise but it's far and few compared to other life servers.

Toxicity is something I think is something that Asylum should start cracking down on.  I never remember it being this bad, there's always fights on side and just general toxcity but it is so constant now and it's such a common occurrence to see gang being incredibly toxic towards each other, maybe with Asylum being more competitive it draws in some of the wrong people from other competitive games, I don't really know.  I do know it makes Asylum look bad and could make Asylum look less appealing to new players.

My two cents from someone who has been on Asylum since like January of 2014, maybe a little bit sooner than that.

4 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Really, I think everyone who has a ban for cheating deserved it.  I can't think of a case where it wasn't questionable.  In the competitive ( I'd say overly competitive imo ) environment of Asylum  some people take to hacking so they can maintain their egos and feel good about themselves.  Everyone gets called a hacker at some point, if you're not actually hacking then you have nothing to worry about.  If bans for hacking were being handed out left and right, then why did DF stay around for quite some time or even certain players who everyone was all but certain they were hacking.  To the point of lag switchers/group chatting, there's a lot of people overly paranoid about it and it's understandable, I've seen a lot of people use it and because of that people think almost everyone is doing it.

Try other Altis Life servers, you won't be given near the chance as you do on Asylum.  Some of the servers will ban you with no video evidence for stupid things because someone complained to an admin.  Trying out other Altis Life servers for fun, this was something that I noticed and was actually quite shocked.  Most players are given a fair chance on Asylum, there's been cases otherwise but it's far and few compared to other life servers.

Toxicity is something I think is something that Asylum should start cracking down on.  I never remember it being this bad, there's always fights on side and just general toxcity but it is so constant now and it's such a common occurrence to see gang being incredibly toxic towards each other, maybe with Asylum being more competitive it draws in some of the wrong people from other competitive games, I don't really know.  I do know it makes Asylum look bad and could make Asylum look less appealing to new players.

My two cents from someone who has been on Asylum since like January of 2014, maybe a little bit sooner than that.

Old bad blood was just as toxic, if not worse. Part of being an excellent fighting force 

Patrick likes this
1 minute ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Old bad blood was just as toxic, if not worse. Part of being an excellent fighting force 

Trying to rid myself of nostalgia, Bad Blood was toxic but I don't think it compares to what we see today.  Or perhaps it is just the consistency of toxcity nowadays, it's nothing that offends me but it does surprise me how I've seen some people be toxic in side for half an hour straight, even if the other person isn't responding anymore lmao.   

Anytime there's a "competitive scene" to a game, there's going to be trash talk, but there is a difference between trash talk and being downright toxic.  A lot of people fall victim to the misnomer that all of the old Bad Blood were toxic.  I'd wager that a majority of the time people got upset over a little bit of trash talk and lashed out, making it personal.  It happens on both sides so you can't lay the blame one one side or the other.  At some point, you have to be the bigger person and some people here simply don't have the maturity to do that.  At the end of the day, we're all here to have fun.  If you find yourself causing people to log off or people not logging on to avoid you, someday it might dawn on you that you are likely being toxic. 

As far as banning people without evidence, you have to understand that no ban will ever be put in place for scripting or cheating without sufficient evidence.  Does it suck we don't share that evidence with that person?  Absolutely.  But you have to consider that by providing that evidence to someone, we are facilitating the path for future cheaters which is something we simply cannot allow, nor do you as players want that to happen.

Killswitch and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
15 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Locking a thread that should be a discussion and a wake up call is retarded. This isnt a hate post or a finger pointing post. Its an opinion , advice, and something that should be realized. No one is being hated, flamed, thrown under the bus. 

No. Its not

But thanks to some lovely members in the community. That is what it will turn to

So in a way, the OP is not lock worthy

But this will turn into that. 

2 hours ago, Bikstok said:

You have a good point. Personally I can get pretty heated by side chat, which makes me not want to fight at all. Too much shit talk in sidechat, and suddenly you feel like your entire reputation is on the line if you lose the fight. Nobody wants to attack unless they're super confident. It's a disadvantage that you can't afford to take after talking that much shit. It is also the reason, I don't want to lead another gang atm, because I simply can't stand rivalling gangs joining our server and talking shit in side chat until we give them multiple fights, and then continuing the shit talk regardless of the outcome of the fights. Don't get me wrong, I love fighting cartels, but the sidechat that comes with it really takes away from the enjoyment.

The problem is honestly caused by very little moderation by the admins, and the fact that most competitive cartel fighters are teenagers. I would advice the admins to perhaps step in once in a while (you're watching Spark anyway), and perhaps disable sidechat for anyone inside a cartel zone.

I think the side chat being disabled may be a good idea, but is this going to lead to more text message smack talk directed at each other?

Leviathan likes this
7 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

I think the side chat being disabled may be a good idea, but is this going to lead to more text message smack talk directed at each other?

At least they will have to put more effort to talk shit via text message.

Side chat should have been disabled long time ago, creates way more problems than helps.

Edited by Pentax
Just now, Pentax said:

At least they will have to put more effort to talk shit via text message.

No doubt, but some people don't mind taking that extra time to text message when they are upset. Also a text message at least for me would almost always garner my attention compared to side chat. Maybe the instances of text messages would be less compared to side chat. Either way it could be worth checking out.

Just now, Sneaky said:

No doubt, but some people don't mind taking that extra time to text message when they are upset. Also a text message at least for me would almost always garner my attention compared to side chat. Maybe the instances of text messages would be less compared to side chat. Either way it could be worth checking out.

Maybe a possibility to turn off your cellphone so you could not receive/nor send text messages/ phone calls?

5 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Maybe a possibility to turn off your cellphone so you could not receive/nor send text messages/ phone calls?

And what happens when someone initiates via text?

Then it looks like RDM

And if you make it so you cant send messages to those people, then its an unfair advantage, in a way

Gatorade likes this
Just now, Pentax said:

Well that means if someone turns their phone off, u cant initiate with him, because if someones tries to send him a text, they will get automated message of saying "person's phone is currently off, message has not been sent", I guess then it leaves it to initiating rp with voice :)

Seems kind of unfair because then you cant text initiate on someone, and you could just turn it on quick to initiate with someone, then turn it off. 

So basically you are safer with no negative impact. 

Gatorade likes this
1 minute ago, Axe said:

Seems kind of unfair because then you cant text initiate on someone, and you could just turn it on quick to initiate with someone, then turn it off. 

So basically you are safer with no negative impact. 

At the end not gonna be unfair, because everyone will have their phones off. When they're gonna see how powerful it is, then it will go to initiating rp by Voice, aka the way it was meant to be. Simple delay of making the phone have a boot up timer, to turn it on or off, so it wouldn't be quickly turned on/and off again and be abused like that.

Edited by Pentax

Idk I've known Harley for a really long time and I am biased a bit in this but, after watching these videos it just proves how dumb some people are. Some people are just good and better than others at games it happens. I don't know what video or "proof" Harley got banned for in fact i don't think anyone knows but the admins and thats kinda bullshit. I have played with Harley in arma 3 and he has by no means even pulled off anything fishy other than just shitting on people in fights but that's what a good player does to bad players and lets face it most gangs on asylum are mostly full of bad players. Not saying I'm a good player at all but you can tell who is good even if you are not the greatest player yourself. Probably gonna get hate for this which is expected, but I have to say something about a person that I've been friends with my whole life. lol this thread is pretty funny though

1 hour ago, JacobHarr said:

Damn I don't think anybody people cares, why does everybody that leaves the server have to make a big deal of it? bye!

Never said I was leaving the server, It was a huge ass thing i dont expect you to waste your time reading it. I stated theres no point in contuining to have gangs or progressing them for alot of reasons. Thats all

1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

if someone takes the time to select a player and message them, then there a douche bag and that can be settled later on.

1 hour ago, DaQuan said:

Anytime there's a "competitive scene" to a game, there's going to be trash talk, but there is a difference between trash talk and being downright toxic.  A lot of people fall victim to the misnomer that all of the old Bad Blood were toxic.  I'd wager that a majority of the time people got upset over a little bit of trash talk and lashed out, making it personal.  It happens on both sides so you can't lay the blame one one side or the other.  At some point, you have to be the bigger person and some people here simply don't have the maturity to do that.  At the end of the day, we're all here to have fun.  If you find yourself causing people to log off or people not logging on to avoid you, someday it might dawn on you that you are likely being toxic. 

As far as banning people without evidence, you have to understand that no ban will ever be put in place for scripting or cheating without sufficient evidence.  Does it suck we don't share that evidence with that person?  Absolutely.  But you have to consider that by providing that evidence to someone, we are facilitating the path for future cheaters which is something we simply cannot allow, nor do you as players want that to happen.

Trash talk isnt bad, its healthy for people to go against each other and give each other shit. For the record I havn't  been attacked personally or anything but ive seen some shit that made me look at and go did he really just talk about X persons wife? Y persons job / financial situation? Like what ever happen to calling a player shit at the game lol. I thought that was enough to say some clever shit 

1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Well that means if someone turns their phone off, u cant initiate with him, because if someones tries to send him a text, they will get automated message of saying "person's phone is currently off, message has not been sent", I guess then it leaves it to initiating rp with voice :)

The idea is great, problem is that would lead to a whole mess load of reports over non sense, and abuse from people who are out to get people banned

Plus unless You are @allstarplaya you cant fly up to a helicopter and be like "Land or die".

Edited by Sugarfoot
3 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

3 hours ago, DaQuan said:

Anytime there's a "competitive scene" to a game, there's going to be trash talk, but there is a difference between trash talk and being downright toxic.  A lot of people fall victim to the misnomer that all of the old Bad Blood were toxic.

SheriffJohnBeard likes this

I played on this server under lots of different names, which is probably why I'm not exactly known as a veteran. I've been on the server back when Brotherhoods gang was at its largest, and I was never one to be an elitist. Some of the gangs I used to roll with would fight cartels from time to time but wouldn't make that the top priority. Role play was at its peak when FSA took over as well. Bans for hacking/exploiting were almost nonexistent, if anyone was banned for hacking it would be during the free Arma III weekend where people would literally nuke Kavala. After I took a 6 month long break after some gang drama, skill started to become necessary. When I came back the main topic was how Aidzo got banned for Third Party Apps and I've never played with him so I can't exactly tell. But from what I know he was an insane player. Same with Nickis, I personally never believed he was a hacker because he was never outstanding but he would wreck people from time to time. Now it's just suspicion on good players of Asylum. We all know that Sheep got banned for lagging, hell, even one of our gang members was banned for that but it was bullshit. But I personally believe Sheep should've never been banned permanently for having bad internet. I just hope we can go past all this hackusation bullshit and learn to just say good fight more often without being a spineless turd.

PS - I've fought against Harley multiple times and I believe he's an insane player. His tactics are flawless and he could 1v5 and gang if he wanted to.

Harley, Gatorade and Barry like this