Jump to content

Increase / Remove Jail timer cap


Recommended Posts

Controversial opinion incoming.. getting a high bounty has no repercussion currently. 

Currently someone can go around and get a few hundred thousand dollar bounty and go to jail for a maximum amount of time of 26-28 minutes. 
If that person presses plates for that time they can be out in as little as 6 minutes which means they go right on back to committing crimes with little to no inconvenience if they find the right officer to discuss their charges and pardon their bounties.

To be completely blunt, these players are not offering anything but a negative encounter for most players they run into which drives away the new players that join the server and by having such a low time cap on being jailed there is nothing to discourage that type of behavior. 

Benefits of this change:

  • People would be less willing to go to jail with higher bounties and would either pay their tickets or actually role play to get out of their bounties. 
     
  • If people pay their tickets it brings money out of the economy and means those players now have to go and make more money which brings people back to money making areas which are dead. 
     
  • Increases the benefits to doing successful jailbreaks as someone with an extended jail sentence would have more of a reason for their gang to break them out.
  • Potentially gives cops a break from federal event spam which would increase cop morale and cop population.
     
  • Potentially gives new players a better role play experience as people will be less likely to go around "hands up or dying" everyone they see due to actually having repercussions if jailed. 

     


Negatives to this change:

  • People who most likely are toxic to the server in the first place actually have to spend time in jail or learn to actually role play a situation to get out of a ticket. 


These servers thrived back in the day without these small jail timers, there's a reason few new players stay on the server. By implementing this change we can bring new players in and actually allow them time to enjoy the game without being constantly killed by people who don't care about killing everyone they see as worst case scenario they spend 6 minutes in jail. 

 

 




 

Edited by Cowboy Justin
Trioxide, King, Vash and 6 others like this
Link to comment

Totally disagree with this premise.  As civ the whole point is basically to go commit crimes if you want to have fun.  The longer jail times back in the day were just stupid and the current system is preferable.  Also plenty of cops will robo cop the fuck out of people no matter how good the roleplay is because they are seeing $$$$.  It's not a skill issue lmfao

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Totally disagree with this premise.  As civ the whole point is basically to go commit crimes if you want to have fun.  The longer jail times back in the day were just stupid and the current system is preferable.  Also plenty of cops will robo cop the fuck out of people no matter how good the roleplay is because they are seeing $$$$.  It's not a skill issue lmfao

If you want to commit crimes that's cool, you should just face repercussion for it. Right now if you have a bounty over 30,000 there's no reason to pay a ticket because you can just go to jail again for a maximum of 26 -28 minutes and then press plates which would get them out in 6 without losing any money. This gives them zero reason to make money and every money making zone is either dead or filled with new players who end up getting robbed by old players most of the time anyways. If your fun is at the sake of others and ruining their experience then you should have a negative benefit as well, wether they increase the jail time to an hour or remove the time limit. If there's an issue with cops not wanting to role play due to them only seeing money then put a percentage cap on the amount of money cops get from bounties. 
 

2 hours ago, Donald said:

Cops don’t want to roleplay with high bounties why do you think they created the “Menace to Society” charge?

This was actually spoken about in a recent APD meeting and a lot of people spoke out against it and even came up with ideas to limit it. I think the idea behind this change was created due to cops getting someone with a high bounty in an HQ to process them only for them to be stalling for their gang to come rescue them by dropping suicide vesters and then running into where they're being processed and killing everyone meaning all that time that cop or those cops spent downing this player, processing them, and giving them the "opportunity to explain their charges" get nothing for their time. Again though, if cops sending people to jail just because they have high bounties is a huge issue then they can limit the percentage cops can get from a bounty when they go to jail.

 

36 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

nah im good, also notice how it’s all cops who liked this lmao

Very constructive feedback. The benefits to what I'm suggesting hardly benefit the cops and more negatively benefit the rebels who's entire purpose is to kill others with what is very loosely considered initiation " Hands up or die " and mow down cities of people. If you truly can't see an issue with this then you're probably part of the problem.

Nielsen likes this
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

Very constructive feedback. The benefits to what I'm suggesting hardly benefit the cops and more negatively benefit the rebels who's entire purpose is to kill others with what is very loosely considered initiation " Hands up or die " and mow down cities of people. If you truly can't see an issue with this then you're probably part of the problem.

i remember when the timer was like 45 minutes and pressing plates didnt reduce the timer. nobody liked it. thats why it is the way it is now. and just remember this for next time you have a silly idea like this, theres certain groups that you will never get to not "mow down cities of people". if theres people that we want to die, im sorry to say this but theyre just going to die man.

GravL likes this
Link to comment
1 hour ago, 王 rando 王 said:

i remember when the timer was like 45 minutes and pressing plates didnt reduce the timer. nobody liked it. thats why it is the way it is now. and just remember this for next time you have a silly idea like this, theres certain groups that you will never get to not "mow down cities of people". if theres people that we want to die, im sorry to say this but theyre just going to die man.

I get what you're saying and I'm also not saying people shouldn't be able to kill others. My post is simply pointing out that there's no repercussions to being a menace to others on the server. Anyone who can look at this from a middle ground standpoint would agree that 6 minutes in jail is hardly a punishment for anyone who has 100k+ bounties. Again, if you get on the server to kill others and inconvenience them by making them lose all of their progress then you should also be inconvenienced by having to spend a longer time in jail or to avoid jail, losing money by paying your ticket. 

Nielsen, Sandwich, Vash and 1 other like this
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

To be completely blunt, these players are not offering anything but a negative encounter for most players they run into which drives away the new players that join the server and by having such a low time cap on being jailed there is nothing to discourage that type of behavior. 

"That type of behaviour"

I'm sorry to say but i think you're playing the wrong game. This is a PvP server, where people fight eachother for a ton of reasons. The only behaviour that gives you a bounty that should be discouraged is RDM. Other than that you're simply suggesting people who make a lot of kills and don't get caught to be punished for a longer time by not being able to play the game.

What a fun suggestion, must feel really rewarding to a good cartel player or someone who has been evading bounty hunters/cops a long time.

1 hour ago, Cowboy Justin said:

I get what you're saying and I'm also not saying people shouldn't be able to kill others. My post is simply pointing out that there's no repercussions to being a menace to others on the server. Anyone who can look at this from a middle ground standpoint would agree that 6 minutes in jail is hardly a punishment for anyone who has 100k+ bounties. Again, if you get on the server to kill others and inconvenience them by making them lose all of their progress then you should also be inconvenienced by having to spend a longer time in jail or to avoid jail, losing money by paying your ticket. 

Having a high bounty already gives you enough inconvience by having to be extremely careful. Bounty hunters and cops are after you, you can never be alone or unarmed or you will be caught. You ping everywhere you use an npc or atm. Also you're not really able to do any money making.

王 rando 王, Vash, GravL and 1 other like this
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

"That type of behaviour"

I'm sorry to say but i think you're playing the wrong game. This is a PvP server, where people fight eachother for a ton of reasons. The only behaviour that gives you a bounty that should be discouraged is RDM. Other than that you're simply suggesting people who make a lot of kills and don't get caught to be punished for a longer time by not being able to play the game.

What a fun suggestion, must feel really rewarding to a good cartel player or someone who has been evading bounty hunters/cops a long time.

Having a high bounty already gives you enough inconvience by having to be extremely careful. Bounty hunters and cops are after you, you can never be alone or unarmed or you will be caught. You ping everywhere you use an npc or atm. Also you're not really able to do any money making.

What this dude said

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Okay member of faction who can never be arrested, explain to me why your opinion matters on the topic of how long a civilian should be in jail for

spit-take.gif

 

11 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

These servers thrived back in the day without these small jail timers, there's a reason few new players stay on the server. By implementing this change we can bring new players in and actually allow them time to enjoy the game without being constantly killed by people who don't care about killing everyone they see as worst case scenario they spend 6 minutes in jail.

I don't think new players leave the server because of this and I also believe that implementing the change you suggest isn't really going to bring new players in. With that in mind, even though I believe in the premise that players should be "punished" for being caught, I don't agree that adding jail time is a proper solution. In my opinion, we could explore other types of punishments (monetary, maybe?) for players that go to jail.

Imagine playing GTA5 but every time you die while with 5 stars, you have to wait 20 minutes before you can play again. That would be boring af

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

"That type of behaviour"

I'm sorry to say but i think you're playing the wrong game. This is a PvP server, where people fight eachother for a ton of reasons. The only behaviour that gives you a bounty that should be discouraged is RDM. Other than that you're simply suggesting people who make a lot of kills and don't get caught to be punished for a longer time by not being able to play the game.

What a fun suggestion, must feel really rewarding to a good cartel player or someone who has been evading bounty hunters/cops a long time.

Having a high bounty already gives you enough inconvience by having to be extremely careful. Bounty hunters and cops are after you, you can never be alone or unarmed or you will be caught. You ping everywhere you use an npc or atm. Also you're not really able to do any money making.

I think what you're forgetting most is this is a Roleplay server. You want heavy PVP with no consequences? go play wastelands. This suggestion in no way says you can't do cartels, people did cartels back in the day with no problems. If by inconvenience you mean having the chance to be sent to jail for again a maximum of 28 minutes, reduced to 6 minutes if you press plates, that is not a large enough consequence for what players are doing to get 100k+ bounties. 

3 minutes ago, Vash said:

 

 

I don't think new players leave the server because of this and I also believe that implementing the change you suggest isn't really going to bring new players in. With that in mind, even though I believe in the premise that players should be "punished" for being caught, I don't agree that adding jail time is a proper solution. In my opinion, we could explore other types of punishments (monetary, maybe?) for players that go to jail.

Imagine playing GTA5 but every time you die while with 5 stars, you have to wait 20 minutes before you can play again. That would be boring af

I think this is a good suggestion too. Maybe if a player goes to jail they also are "fined" a certain amount for their crimes. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Cowboy Justin said:

I think what you're forgetting most is this is a Roleplay server. You want heavy PVP with no consequences? go play wastelands. This suggestion in no way says you can't do cartels, people did cartels back in the day with no problems. If by inconvenience you mean having the chance to be sent to jail for again a maximum of 28 minutes, reduced to 6 minutes if you press plates, that is not a large enough consequence for what players are doing to get 100k+ bounties. 

I think this is a good suggestion too. Maybe if a player goes to jail they also are "fined" a certain amount for their crimes. 

I think you are just lacking perspective, have you ever been that guy with a 100k bounty? Or are you just having assumptions from being killed by one too many times?

Someone doesn't get a 100k bounty from robbing and killing 20 players, he's probably doing the bank, fighting cartels which are all PvP areas and then maybe he robs someone he by chance passes by.

Also there are so few people on the server with a bounty this high.

Edited by Midamaru
王 rando 王 and GravL like this
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

I think you are just lacking perspective, have you ever been that guy with a 100k bounty? Or are you just having assumptions from being killed by one too many times?

I've been on this server since 2014. I've had $1,000,000 bounties and spent 4+ hours in jail at a time. When I get a bounty now I just think it's ridiculous I only have to spend that amount of time in jail to then go out and do the exact same thing over again and paying a ticket above the cost of my loadout isn't worth it since I can get out of jail in 6 minutes. I'm suggesting something to change that mindset because there should be stronger repercussions to having a high bounty. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Cowboy Justin said:

I've been on this server since 2014. I've had $1,000,000 bounties and spent 4+ hours in jail at a time. When I get a bounty now I just think it's ridiculous I only have to spend that amount of time in jail to then go out and do the exact same thing over again and paying a ticket above the cost of my loadout isn't worth it since I can get out of jail in 6 minutes. I'm suggesting something to change that mindset because there should be stronger repercussions to having a high bounty. 

I agree with the problem, not the solution. I couldn't be asked to sit in jail for 30+ mins, let alone 4 hours.

Cowboy Justin likes this
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

I've been on this server since 2014. I've had $1,000,000 bounties and spent 4+ hours in jail at a time. When I get a bounty now I just think it's ridiculous I only have to spend that amount of time in jail to then go out and do the exact same thing over again and paying a ticket above the cost of my loadout isn't worth it since I can get out of jail in 6 minutes. I'm suggesting something to change that mindset because there should be stronger repercussions to having a high bounty. 

"you’ve been playing the game like a mega chad and killing me and my brain dead cop buddies whenever we siren you, im now going to remove your access to playing the game by sending you to jail for a long period of time!"

Edited by 王 rando 王
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Vash said:

I agree with the problem, not the solution. I couldn't be asked to sit in jail for 30+ mins, let alone 4 hours.

It would be interesting to hear some neutral suggestions on how to solve the problem. I'm not sure everything that can be done to resolve the issue but there are ways to that people might be more open to. 

4 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

you’ve been playing the game like a mega chad and killing me and my brain dead cop buddies whenever we siren you, im now going to remove your access to playing the game by sending you to jail for a long period of time!

There's two other factions than civ. If you get sent to jail for an extended period go play another faction, or better yet have your gang mates do a prison break. This seems more of you being upset you might actually have to face consequences for your actions rather than it being a bad idea. 

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Vash said:

I agree with the problem, not the solution. I couldn't be asked to sit in jail for 30+ mins, let alone 4 hours.

I agree with this

@Cowboy Justin try to rephrase your problem, to me it sounds like you want to protect newer or poorer players who are trying to make money.

I would go with an idea of incentivizing protection for such players. Might be difficult to implement but at least about that i'm sure no one would be against it.

Just a wild suggestion, perhaps give civilians the ability to report a vehicle which has a vehicle tracker as stolen. Which shares the tracker location with the APD so they can persue and stop the thief.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Cowboy Justin said:

There's two other factions than civ. If you get sent to jail for an extended period go play another faction, or better yet have your gang mates do a prison break. This seems more of you being upset you might actually have to face consequences for your actions rather than it being a bad idea. 

1. Even if you play another faction you cannot play civ until you wait that time to get out of prison, btw the timer resets every time you softlog.

2. The consequence is losing my kit and being delayed to play the game. Pressing plates might be 6 minutes but if you explain your charges for let’s say 5 minutes, cop still gives you a full ticket because cops are cunts, you go to jail, press plates, get out of jail. Have to wait 30 seconds to suicide, then have to wait another 30 seconds to respawn. Or if you don’t want to suicide and actually store your clothing, it takes probably a minute and a half to two minutes to run down the bridge without redgulls to grab a car to drive to a house. At least a good 15 minutes of not being able to play the game how you want to play it.

3. I think you’re upset you get shit on by every civ and cry on the forums to give them higher consequences so the one time you rat somebody and rococop them at hq you can make them suffer for the anger they’ve induced on you.

Bob Danaloo likes this
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Cowboy Justin said:

It would be interesting to hear some neutral suggestions on how to solve the problem. I'm not sure everything that can be done to resolve the issue but there are ways to that people might be more open to. 

From the top of my head:

  • a small percentage of the total bounty is deducted from your bank account the moment you are sent to prison
  • restrict the player from certain activities for x amount of time (example:  unable to get a BH license up to 15 mins after being released, etc)

Im sure that we could find other solutions to this other than increasing jail time

3 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

1. Even if you play another faction you cannot play civ until you wait that time to get out of prison, btw the timer resets every time you softlog.

2. The consequence is losing my kit and being delayed to play the game. Pressing plates might be 6 minutes but if you explain your charges for let’s say 5 minutes, cop still gives you a full ticket because cops are cunts, you go to jail, press plates, get out of jail. Have to wait 30 seconds to suicide, then have to wait another 30 seconds to respawn. Or if you don’t want to suicide and actually store your clothing, it takes probably a minute and a half to two minutes to run down the bridge without redgulls to grab a car to drive to a house. At least a good 15 minutes of not being able to play the game how you want to play it.

3. I think you’re upset you get shit on by every civ and cry on the forums to give them higher consequences so the one time you rat somebody and rococop them at hq you can make them suffer for the anger they’ve induced on you.

Y'all need to stop basing all your arguments on the premise that all cops will robocop you if you get arrested. I'm sure that there will always be bad apples, but I honestly think this is a minority of cops that do that nowadays. I see way more cops issuing pardons for 100k+ bounties after a good RP encounter than giving civs full tickets after they took their time and effort to explain their charges.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Vash said:

Y'all need to stop basing all your arguments on the premise that all cops will robocop you if you get arrested. I'm sure that there will always be bad apples, but I honestly think this is a minority of cops that do that nowadays. I see way more cops issuing pardons for 100k+ bounties after a good RP encounter than giving civs full tickets after they took their time and effort to explain their charges.

the cops I experience in my sacred city have one goal and it’s to rat my bounty at any opportune moment they get. they take advantage of any vdmer, any battle against a bounty hunter, and any animation you may be in. there is no reasoning with these rats.

Vash likes this
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

I agree with this

@Cowboy Justin try to rephrase your problem, to me it sounds like you want to protect newer or poorer players who are trying to make money.

I would go with an idea of incentivizing protection for such players. Might be difficult to implement but at least about that i'm sure no one would be against it.

Just a wild suggestion, perhaps give civilians the ability to report a vehicle which has a vehicle tracker as stolen. Which shares the tracker location with the APD so they can persue and stop the thief.

I mostly play Medic these days as I enjoy just hanging out with everyone in the cities and talking to people. Obviously while doing this I see people come through Athira, Pyrgos, Kavala and just "hands up or die" everyone they see. Obviously a lot of the more experienced players stay out of major cities so it's mainly new players trying to start out and when they get killed like that it makes them not want to continue on the server. My perspective comes from watching it happen and the only reason is so they can stack their bounties. I get that killing everyone you see may be fun for some people, but the reason it's done so often is because there's really no repercussions to it as long as they're not RDMing. With increased fines / jail time it may prevent these situations from happening as often. I'm all for giving new players extra assistance as well though. 

23 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

1. Even if you play another faction you cannot play civ until you wait that time to get out of prison, btw the timer resets every time you softlog.

2. The consequence is losing my kit and being delayed to play the game. Pressing plates might be 6 minutes but if you explain your charges for let’s say 5 minutes, cop still gives you a full ticket because cops are cunts, you go to jail, press plates, get out of jail. Have to wait 30 seconds to suicide, then have to wait another 30 seconds to respawn. Or if you don’t want to suicide and actually store your clothing, it takes probably a minute and a half to two minutes to run down the bridge without redgulls to grab a car to drive to a house. At least a good 15 minutes of not being able to play the game how you want to play it.

3. I think you’re upset you get shit on by every civ and cry on the forums to give them higher consequences so the one time you rat somebody and rococop them at hq you can make them suffer for the anger they’ve induced on you.

1. This sounds like a development issue. Maybe they can change the way the jailing system works to where it counts down wether or not you're logged in on a different faction or offline. 

2. 15 minutes is still nothing in comparison to the amount of time / illegal activities it takes you to get a 100k bounty. 

3. I apologize that your pint up aggression has left you in-able to have civilized conversations without demeaning others. Maybe you should take a break and not let your feelings type for you. Also, I play medic mostly and my loadout is 3k lol

Edited by Cowboy Justin
Vash and Vulpes Inculta like this
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Cowboy Justin said:

I see people come through Athira, Pyrgos, Kavala and just "hands up or die" everyone they see. Obviously a lot of the more experienced played stay out of major cities so it's mainly new players trying to start out and when they get killed like that it makes them not want to continue on the server.

the same thing happened to all of us. we were all new players at some point and even back then when the jail timers were way longer with no pressing plates it was still a thing that happens. It’s just the way the game works, there’s only so much fun to go around, your fun comes from taking someone else’s fun away, that’s just how the game works. Every single player whose not a new player has experienced what you’ve stated at some point. It’s what turned me into the always paranoid and fully kitted player that I am now. And I’m not upset that those things happened to me because it made me a better player. The same thing will happen to every new player, some may quit the server, those are the weak. Some will become stronger and survive the toxic cesspool that this game is.

Link to comment

@Cowboy Justin
I think we're just disagreeing without getting to a conclusion. I'm against increasing the jail time and think the most impact you can have on the problem you are seeing is to take action in game. Go on cop, convince the others to join you and help out new players keeping them safe in the cities. If someone is causing havoc go stop him. If a new player has a rough time, help him out. Use your voice ingame to change people their minds.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I agree with this

@Cowboy Justin try to rephrase your problem, to me it sounds like you want to protect newer or poorer players who are trying to make money.

I would go with an idea of incentivizing protection for such players. Might be difficult to implement but at least about that i'm sure no one would be against it.

Just a wild suggestion, perhaps give civilians the ability to report a vehicle which has a vehicle tracker as stolen. Which shares the tracker location with the APD so they can persue and stop the thief.

Suggesting the APD actually do some real police work? Oh no no no! Let the blue rats skitter around Athira. If Noobman69's box truck gets stolen (in Kavala) he can call KPD. 

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

Controversial opinion incoming.. getting a high bounty has no repercussion currently. 

Currently someone can go around and get a few hundred thousand dollar bounty and go to jail for a maximum amount of time of 26-28 minutes. 
If that person presses plates for that time they can be out in as little as 6 minutes which means they go right on back to committing crimes with little to no inconvenience if they find the right officer to discuss their charges and pardon their bounties.

To be completely blunt, these players are not offering anything but a negative encounter for most players they run into which drives away the new players that join the server and by having such a low time cap on being jailed there is nothing to discourage that type of behavior. 

Benefits of this change:

  • People would be less willing to go to jail with higher bounties and would either pay their tickets or actually role play to get out of their bounties. 
     
  • If people pay their tickets it brings money out of the economy and means those players now have to go and make more money which brings people back to money making areas which are dead. 
     
  • Increases the benefits to doing successful jailbreaks as someone with an extended jail sentence would have more of a reason for their gang to break them out.
  • Potentially gives cops a break from federal event spam which would increase cop morale and cop population.
     
  • Potentially gives new players a better role play experience as people will be less likely to go around "hands up or dying" everyone they see due to actually having repercussions if jailed. 

     


Negatives to this change:

  • People who most likely are toxic to the server in the first place actually have to spend time in jail or learn to actually role play a situation to get out of a ticket. 


These servers thrived back in the day without these small jail timers, there's a reason few new players stay on the server. By implementing this change we can bring new players in and actually allow them time to enjoy the game without being constantly killed by people who don't care about killing everyone they see as worst case scenario they spend 6 minutes in jail. 

 

 




 

Its fine the way it is now, alot of players wanted this change,who really wants to sit in jail for hours? id rather pay the ticket or press plates an be done within 10min.

Remember this is a "light rp" server oriented around pvp and combat.

a few years back it was aids to sit in jail for an hour+ over a 30-50k charge assuming you didn't get kicked an have to start over again.

There is legit has never been a point to rp on this server since ive started playing,cops will robo cop because they can.

New players struggle because they don't fully understand Asylum,they think or assume its like other rp servers when its not,its just organized chaos with some minor rules.

Is this a cop issue or a new player issue? Those 2 are completely different imho,cops on here as far as i can remember always are crying about rebels(not saying that in a mean or ignorant way) but they have/do..

The servers did well back in the day because the game wasn't old lol,this game is old af now gotta keep that in mind..kind of a minute point but still is a large factor.

As far as role play ill tell you im the last person to try,i just suck at it and when i did try it and explain 5-10min into a story the cop is over it,id just end up in jail anyway with a 50% increase just because of the fact i have 2 letters in front of my name,so over time whats the point in even trying? The role playing is left to the cops an have the time they don't even bother.

 

Bob Danaloo and 王 rando 王 like this
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:

If you want to commit crimes that's cool, you should just face repercussion for it. Right now if you have a bounty over 30,000 there's no reason to pay a ticket because you can just go to jail again for a maximum of 26 -28 minutes and then press plates which would get them out in 6 without losing any money. This gives them zero reason to make money and every money making zone is either dead or filled with new players who end up getting robbed by old players most of the time anyways. If your fun is at the sake of others and ruining their experience then you should have a negative benefit as well, wether they increase the jail time to an hour or remove the time limit. If there's an issue with cops not wanting to role play due to them only seeing money then put a percentage cap on the amount of money cops get from bounties.
 

The only problem with all this is that nobody pays tickets to begin with unless they're low.  People rather wait the time out than pay off big bounties and that won't change.  The economy issues Asylum is dealing with is much more to do with passive income.  Given this is a light RP server, I think the current system is the most fitting.  Let's be real, the entire point of civ is to go and commit crimes ( Or be a Bounty Hunter and go for bounties...and commit crimes at opportunistic times ).  

Part of the game is ruining other people's fun more or less for your own benefit.  All factions have this ability and use it.

DankBud likes this
Link to comment

-1 the last thing we need is to increase the jail time. I think anyone who is not a cop can agree that sitting any where near 45 mins in jail is retarded

20 hours ago, Cowboy Justin said:
  • People who most likely are toxic to the server in the first place actually have to spend time in jail or learn to actually role play a situation to get out of a ticket. 

 

tell me how tf am I supposed to role play my way out of a 300k+ ticket when you got a bbgreggry as a captain that makes an menace of society rule?

 

Edited by Gagss
Link to comment

Good change all around

4 hours ago, Gagss said:

I think anyone who is not a cop can agree that sitting any where near 45 mins in jail is retarded

That's the point, you dumbass. This change is to increase the popularity of the alternatives to jail, which are not utilized nearly enough.

4 hours ago, Gagss said:

tell me how tf am I supposed to role play my way out of a 300k+ ticket when you got a bbgreggry as a captain that makes an menace of society rule?

 

You sit and talk for 15 minutes or you just don't get a 300k bounty. It's not that hard.

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, Gagss said:

You're retarded lol. I get sent immediately to jail when I get to HQ so no chance for some 15 minute roleplay

Why the fuck would you immediately get sent to jail? And what about not getting a 300k bounty because there’s suddenly repercussions?

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

Why the fuck would you immediately get sent to jail?

Because cops are rats

14 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

And what about not getting a 300k bounty because there’s suddenly repercussions?

People with high bounties are typically players who’ve been on the server for quite a while, you don’t really see new players with high bounties. Why would you want to make your devoted player base mad and send them to prison for a long period of time which is essentially taking away your ability to play the game (considering there ain’t shit to do in prison and you can’t softlog or play a different faction)

33 minutes ago, skimancole said:

honestly, the easiest solution to this is to change pressing plates back to reducing their bounty instead of their time

no that was fucking stupid, idk who came up with that, no way Paratus was that fucking stupid

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Because cops are rats

Send in an IA report, then, idk. Isn’t a problem for me, shouldn’t be a problem for you.

 

49 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

People with high bounties are typically players who’ve been on the server for quite a while, you don’t really see new players with high bounties. Why would you want to make your devoted player base mad and send them to prison for a long period of time which is essentially taking away your ability to play the game (considering there ain’t shit to do in prison and you can’t softlog or play a different faction)

You still don’t get it?? Players would care more and  actively try to not get high bounties. Currently, no one gives a shit about their bounty. It kind of makes sense that a 300k bounty should be a bad thing, not a “idrc it’s kind of cool” thing.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Piter De Vries said:

Send in an IA report, then, idk. Isn’t a problem for me, shouldn’t be a problem for you.

okay mr “I always comply when someone initiates on me”

1 hour ago, Piter De Vries said:

You still don’t get it?? Players would care more and  actively try to not get high bounties. Currently, no one gives a shit about their bounty. It kind of makes sense that a 300k bounty should be a bad thing, not a “idrc it’s kind of cool” thing.

Having a high bounty already has downsides. Just like this guy said:

On 6/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Midamaru said:

Having a high bounty already gives you enough inconvience by having to be extremely careful. Bounty hunters and cops are after you, you can never be alone or unarmed or you will be caught. You ping everywhere you use an npc or atm. Also you're not really able to do any money making.

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, skimancole said:

honestly, the easiest solution to this is to change pressing plates back to reducing their bounty instead of their time

Terrible idea that was changed for a reason

 

56 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

You still don’t get it?? Players would care more and  actively try to not get high bounties. Currently, no one gives a shit about their bounty. It kind of makes sense that a 300k bounty should be a bad thing, not a “idrc it’s kind of cool” thing.

The vast majority of players on Asylum do not care about the consequences and NEVER have nor ever will.  People make it their goal to get the highest bounty possible and this happened even when jail times were very long.  The thinking of the people ( Mostly career cops btw ) for this idea just doesn't hold up to the reality of what civs/rebels do. 

And again. This is a LIGHT RP server.  The higher ups for the APD must think this too if they are going to instantly jail 300k bounties 

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

The vast majority of players on Asylum do not care about the consequences and NEVER have nor ever will.  People make it their goal to get the highest bounty possible and this happened even when jail times were very long. 

If players continue to try to get high bounties with long jail times, that is their problem lol. It means they don’t care enough about the change to stop doing that.

 

12 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

And again. This is a LIGHT RP server.  The higher ups for the APD must think this too if they are going to instantly jail 300k bounties 

Cops can’t instantly jail people lol. If they are, start sending in IA reports. It’s never happened to me.

15 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

okay mr “I always comply when someone initiates on me”

If I’m unarmed, I do. It might give me a chance to get them banned in case they RDM me. What does this have to do with anything, though?

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...